PDA

View Full Version : Best active footballer from these countries?

RagaZ
03-31-2016, 04:23 PM
England
Brazil
Argentina
Spain
Germany
Italy
France
Croatia
Belgium
USA
Netherlands

England: Kane
Brazil: Thiago Silva
Argentina: Messi
Spain: De Gea or Busquets, close call.
Germany: M

Andrew Wiggins
03-31-2016, 04:50 PM
England - Kane
Brazil - Neymar
Argentina - Messi
Spain - Busquets
Germany - Muller
Italy - Bonucci
France - Griezmann
Croatia - Rakitic
Belgium - De Bruyne
USA - F. Johnson
Netherlands - Robben

Nick Young
03-31-2016, 04:52 PM
USA-Michael Bradley/Clint Dempsey (too close to call)

Jasi
03-31-2016, 04:56 PM
England - Alli
Brazil - Neymar
Argentina - Messi
Spain - Iniesta
Germany - Muller
Italy - Verratti
France - Pogba
Croatia - Modric
Belgium - Hazard
USA - F. Johnson
Netherlands - Robben

bdreason
03-31-2016, 04:57 PM
Belgium has an impressive collection of talent for a country their size. Maybe it's bigger than I think let me Google.

9erempiree
03-31-2016, 04:59 PM
Belgium has an impressive collection of talent for a country their size. Maybe it's bigger than I think let me Google.

They are very good on paper.

They were shook when USA went all out attack on their asses.

bdreason
03-31-2016, 04:59 PM
And where are the young stars for Spain? Seems like they've been riding the same core forever.

9erempiree
03-31-2016, 05:00 PM
And where are the young stars for Spain? Seems like they've been riding the same core forever.

Basically their problem right there.

They should be going with the core of Isco, Morata, Jese and De Gea.

Nick Young
03-31-2016, 05:03 PM
They are very talented but have no sense of team collectivism or national pride and determination when they play for the NT, apart from De Bruyne, Defour (who isn't on the team anymore) and a few of the defenders.

alenleomessi
03-31-2016, 05:28 PM
there are some new fresh faces like koke, thiago, isco, morata, paco, sergi roberto, gaspar etc but expect the boring del bosque to go with the usual suspects (cesc, pedro, silva, possibly even iker at goal.. )

9erempiree
03-31-2016, 05:37 PM
there are some new fresh faces like koke, thiago, isco, morata, paco, sergi roberto, gaspar etc but expect the boring del bosque to go with the usual suspects (cesc, pedro, silva, possibly even iker at goal.. )

This Spaniard poster is right.

TheMan
03-31-2016, 06:23 PM
Let's be brutally honest, naming the "best" footballer from the US is as relevant in world soccer terms as naming the best hoops player from Chile :yaohappy:

9erempiree
03-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Roma hasn't been the same since Bradley left.

Andrew Wiggins
03-31-2016, 06:31 PM
Let's be brutally honest, naming the "best" footballer from the US is as relevant in world soccer terms as naming the best hoops player from Chile :yaohappy:

same with mexico tho :lol

chicharito is some kind of hero in mexico and plays for a team that won't even make the champion's league

raul jimenez was a massive flop at atletico

guardado couldn't cut it in valencia is now playing in the eredivisie in the prime of his career

vela has been complete shit this season and giovani dos santos was sold to the mls :roll:

face it, your region is garbage. costa rica has the two best players in campbell and navas

LJJ
03-31-2016, 07:05 PM
guardado couldn't cut it in valencia is now playing in the eredivisie in the prime of his career

Funny how things go. Two years ago Guardado wasn't good enough for Valencia and now he's pretty much the best player at PSV.

Guardado's PSV would shit all over Valencia if given the chance.

Nick Young
03-31-2016, 07:09 PM
http://www.yanksarecoming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/mexico-2.jpg

StephHamann
03-31-2016, 07:11 PM
England: Kane

Brazil: Neymar

Spain: Busquets

Nick Young
03-31-2016, 07:11 PM
Roma hasn't been the same since Bradley left.
Mexico has not had a midfielder on Bradley's level for 30 years. The Europeans called Bradley "El Generalissimo" for a good reason.

Bradley's engine revolutionized the training and fitness status quo in European football. They had never seen a midfielder with his level of fitness and stamina. All of the great midfielders coming up today in Europe awe a debt to Bradley.

Bradley's time in Europe was brief but influential, on par with Hendrix's short but influential stay in London IMO.

TheMan
03-31-2016, 07:27 PM
same with mexico tho :lol

chicharito is some kind of hero in mexico and plays for a team that won't even make the champion's league

raul jimenez was a massive flop at atletico

vela has been complete shit this season and giovani dos santos was sold to the mls :roll:

face it, your region is garbage. costa rica has the two best players in campbell and navas
My dude, please point out where I took execption to Mexico or any of their players being left out of the OP's list :confusedshrug:

I'm well aware Mexico is a second tier world soccer power, I've never said otherwise. We produce world class fighters (boxing and MMA) and some of MLB's elite players are from Mexico or of Mexican ancestry...

Mexico is good enough to get into the round of 16 consistently but just can't crack the round of 8 (though they've come close several times). Mexico should be ranked somewhere in the mid teens worldwide, I could easily see about a dozen or so nations that are clearly better than Mexico, (though they did hand Croatia their asses last time they played in the WC and they are included in the OP's list) :confusedshrug:.

No need to get so defensive about it :coleman:

9erempiree
03-31-2016, 07:35 PM
My dude, please point out where I took execption to Mexico or any of their players being left out of the OP's list :confusedshrug:

I'm well aware Mexico is a second tier world soccer power, I've never said otherwise. We produce world class fighters (boxing and MMA) and some of MLB's elite players are from Mexico or of Mexican ancestry...

Mexico is good enough to get into the round of 16 consistently but just can't crack the round of 8 (though they've come close several times). Mexico should be ranked somewhere in the mid teens worldwide, I could easily see about a dozen or so nations that are clearly better than Mexico, (though they did hand Croatia their asses last time they played in the WC and they are included in the OP's list) :confusedshrug:.

Yea he's mad.

He came out of nowhere and blew up on Mexico.

Nick Young
03-31-2016, 07:37 PM
Yea he's mad.

He came out of nowhere and blew up on Mexico.
Euros are crazy defensive these days about the rise of American football:lol :lol :lol

alenleomessi
03-31-2016, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=StephHamann]England: Kane

Brazil: Neymar

Spain: Busquets

Andrew Wiggins
03-31-2016, 08:21 PM

seem to be weak mentally. their players have great technique and look great when they're frontrunners but when it becomes a war and the game is tight, they usually lose