PDA

View Full Version : What should Kobe have done to make the Top 10 all-time?

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 05:01 PM
Obviously, Kobe didn't make the Top 10, only ranking 12th in most publications worldwide. Even on most message boards and sports websites most people consider him to be in that 12-15th bracket with Jerry West, Oscar, Dr. J etc.

Now, it is indeed sad that Kobe couldn't quite make the top 10, but in a sort of autopsy report, what could Kobe have done to make the exclusive Top 10?

IMO:

He should have been good enough to win more than 1 MVP, especially in a 20 year career.

He should have been in factor his first 4-5 years, instead of being good enough to only come off the bench.

He should have won at least 1 FMVP from 2000-2002.

His scoring efficiency should have been better throughout his career, more often than not he is the cause of his teams downfall.

Furthermore, I think his career was hurt, because he wasn't able to get to the second round from 2005-2007, including blowing a 3-1 lead in 2006.

And lastly, I think that his end of career (2011-2016), was one of the worst ends of a career of any player in NBA History

2011 - Swept as the favourite in the second round, scores 19ppg on 37% shooting.

2012- Loses as the favourite in the 2nd round, plays poorly in the 4th quarter

2013- Leads Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol to the lottery, misses the playoffs and his team had to get there without him

2014- Achieves the most missed FGs in NBA History, while not even having close to the most made FGs in NBA History

2015- Shoots 37%

2016- Is considered one of, if not the worst players in NBA History, team is substantially better without him

With all this considered, what do you think Kobe should have done to make the Top 10 all-time?

stalkerforlife
03-31-2016, 05:03 PM
dhslkjfhlaskjdfhsalkfhsalfhsakljfda

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyl382CVbi1qzcmtio3_250.gif

warriorfan
03-31-2016, 05:06 PM
Sorry to break it to you but Kobe is a top 10 player of all time

Chokefree
03-31-2016, 05:13 PM
Obviously, Kobe didn't make the Top 10, only ranking 12th in most publications worldwide. Even on most message boards and sports websites most people consider him to be in that 12-15th bracket with Jerry West, Oscar, Dr. J etc.

Now, it is indeed sad that Kobe couldn't quite make the top 10, but in a sort of autopsy report, what could Kobe have done to make the exclusive Top 10?

IMO:

He should have been good enough to win more than 1 MVP, especially in a 20 year career.

He should have been in factor his first 4-5 years, instead of being good enough to only come off the bench.

He should have won at least 1 FMVP from 2000-2002.

His scoring efficiency should have been better throughout his career, more often than not he is the cause of his teams downfall.

Furthermore, I think his career was hurt, because he wasn't able to get to the second round from 2005-2007, including blowing a 3-1 lead in 2006.

And lastly, I think that his end of career (2011-2016), was one of the worst ends of a career of any player in NBA History

2011 - Swept as the favourite in the second round, scores 19ppg on 37% shooting.

2012- Loses as the favourite in the 2nd round, plays poorly in the 4th quarter

2013- Leads Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol to the lottery, misses the playoffs and his team had to get there without him

2014- Achieves the most missed FGs in NBA History, while not even having close to the most made FGs in NBA History

2015- Shoots 37%

2016- Is considered one of, if not the worst players in NBA History, team is substantially better without him

With all this considered, what do you think Kobe should have done to make the Top 10 all-time?
Why do you keep talking about kobe if you hate him so much? I dont get you? Are you that lonely in life you need to make a pointless thread so people talk to you? And before you sign in to your 20 alts....STFU

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 05:15 PM
Why do you keep talking about kobe if you hate him so much? I dont get you? Are you that lonely in life you need to make a pointless thread so people talk to you? And before you sign in to your 20 alts....STFU

I'm a Kobe fan bruh, like many I'm sad that he didnt make the Top 10 all-time :(

Are you a Kobe fan? Your profession mirrors that of the average Kobe fan tbh

Mr. Jabbar
03-31-2016, 05:19 PM
Kobe is hands down top 10 all time. Lebron cant never enter the top 15 realm after 2011

Chokefree
03-31-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm a Kobe fan bruh, like many I'm sad that he didnt make the Top 10 all-time :(

Are you a Kobe fan? Your profession mirrors that of the average Kobe fan tbh
To be really honest with you, I feel bad for you, who copies someones picture? And makes 20 different alts with 1000+ posts in each of them? Do you really have any friends? Or is this the closest you will get to talk to someone? Online? I dont get it?:biggums:

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2016, 05:55 PM
Personally, I would have loved a consistent effort on defense, an efficient playing style, no raping, and looking to trust teammates more.

9erempiree
03-31-2016, 05:56 PM
Kobe top 5 bros.

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 05:56 PM
To be really honest with you, I feel bad for you, who copies someones picture? And makes 20 different alts with 1000+ posts in each of them? Do you really have any friends? Or is this the closest you will get to talk to someone? Online? I dont get it?:biggums:

Why did it take you almost an hour to respond?
Are you not allowed phones during shifts? Does the manager not want servers to msg while cooking fries?

InsanityKills
03-31-2016, 05:57 PM
Are you not allowed phones during shifts? Does not manager not want servers to msg while cooking fries?
:lol :lol :lol

BTW nice avy!:oldlol:

bballnoob1192
03-31-2016, 05:58 PM
"Most" publications........****ing ESPN sheeps lol

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 05:58 PM

BTW nice avy!:oldlol:

:pimp:

Chokefree
03-31-2016, 06:00 PM
Are you not allowed phones during shifts? Does not manager not want servers to msg while cooking fries?
Typical lebronze stan....always thinking about fast food...

Honestly take a look at your life....once you do you will realize how much of a loser you are.....think about it...

Fudge
03-31-2016, 06:10 PM
Jordan
Kareem
LeBron
Magic
Duncan
Bird
Shaq
Wilt
Russell
Hakeem
Moses Malone

Are all better and all should be ahead of him on the all time list.

He can have a place after those guys.

ballinhun8
03-31-2016, 06:16 PM
Simon, how many times are you going to make this thread?

Or is your goal to have the same thread for every alt :roll: :roll: :roll:

ballinhun8
03-31-2016, 06:17 PM
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Duncan
Bird
Shaq
Wilt
Russell
Hakeem
Moses Malone

Hi Simon. :lol

Chokefree
03-31-2016, 06:18 PM
http://s15.postimg.org/yxocsnmcr/ISHSLAY.png

TheMarkMadsen
03-31-2016, 06:50 PM

He scored 23ppg on 46%

Really? During that span he was 3x all nba first team, 1x all defensive first team, 1x all defensive second team, ASG MVP and finished top 5 in MVP voting 3 times.

Kobe got them to the playoffs, Pau and Nash missed a combined 60+ games. When Kobe got injured the Lakers suffered their biggest series defeat in team history,

If you're going to troll, at least use facts

raprap
03-31-2016, 06:56 PM
Top 15 is a great ranking for what he accomplished.

Cold soul
03-31-2016, 07:05 PM
Kobe is top 10 deal with it troll.

Showtime2001
03-31-2016, 07:12 PM
http://s15.postimg.org/yxocsnmcr/ISHSLAY.png
http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Any+Ken+Jeong+gifs+_af6a1534218ba8f9878ef9f7c88a5b 87.gif

Showtime2001
03-31-2016, 07:13 PM
Top 15 is a great ranking for what he accomplished.
It's a shame LeBron is right outside of the top 15 :confusedshrug:

feyki
03-31-2016, 07:16 PM
I have him 9th all time . Actually peak wise , he's more like top 15 . But he had amazing long career , specially after his 29 (I think he peaked at his 30 , not general prime/peak years) .

But What should Kobe have to would made better his career ? Definitely all around and team game mind , like when he earned that in 2008 . He scored,scored,scored in his 23 thru 28 ages . That was wrong way .

greatest-ever
03-31-2016, 07:23 PM
I think most of those guys in the top 10 were flat out better. He could've maybe been top 10 if had better playoff performances in years like 02, 04 and if his defense didn't flame out in his post prime years being 2011-2013. Also would've liked to see him be a more willing playmaker throughout his career, he only cracked 6.0 apg twice and neither were in a peak season. I have him 11th and he's not much worse than Bird who i have at 10th.

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 08:03 PM
Jordan
Kareem
LeBron
Magic
Duncan
Bird
Shaq
Wilt
Russell
Hakeem
Moses Malone

Agreed, I have the same list as well

Cold soul
03-31-2016, 08:17 PM
I have him 9th all time . Actually peak wise , he's more like top 15 . But he had amazing long career , specially after his 29 (I think he peaked at his 30 , not general prime/peak years) .

But What should Kobe have to would made better his career ? Definitely all around and team game mind , like when he earned that in 2008 . He scored,scored,scored in his 23 thru 28 ages . That was wrong way .

9th isn't bad but I'm sorry there isn't 9-10 guys with better accomplishments than Kobe this has nothing to do with peak or prime.

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 08:23 PM
9th isn't bad but I'm sorry there isn't 9-10 guys with better accomplishments than Kobe this has nothing to do with peak or prime.

1 MVP in 20 seasons..

2 FMVPs

Please, I hope you weren't serious with that statement

Cold soul
03-31-2016, 08:33 PM
1 MVP in 20 seasons..

2 FMVPs

Please, I hope you weren't serious with that statement

Kobe was robbed of few MVP Shaq and Hakeem both have 1 MVP each who gives a shit about media driven award.

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 08:35 PM
Kobe was robbed of few MVP Shaq and Hakeem both have 1 MVP each who gives a shit about media driven award.

He also robbed people of MVP's (CP3) so it cancels out

Either way 1 MVP in 20 years is pathetic, it basically tells us that Kobe was the best player in the league only once his entire career :confusedshrug:

Spurs m8
03-31-2016, 08:36 PM
Kobe shouldn't have missed the most shots in history tbh

THE MOST IN HISTORY LMAO

knicksman
03-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Op is cringe worthy and corny which is a sign of low iq. No wonder hes a bron stan. Gullible enough to be fooled by statpadders:lol

Lebronxrings
03-31-2016, 10:05 PM
get more than 1.5* fmvps. More mvps wouldn't hurt either.

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 10:06 PM
Op is cringe worthy and corny which is a sign of low iq. No wonder hes a bron stan. Gullible enough to be fooled by statpadders:lol

excuses excuses.
Maybe if you stop making them, you would have a life. My advice for you man is take risks. Steve jobs wouldnt be where he is if he settled to be an employee. Lebron wouldnt be a winner if he settled for layups and fastbreak points. Going for business, taking tough shots, or going for eye test instead of being a stat nerd is tougher but its gonna be worth it in the end.

Cold soul
03-31-2016, 10:07 PM
Man, ISH has really gone down shithole. I might have go back to Sherdog this place blows now.

Round Mound
03-31-2016, 10:08 PM
Prime Barkley Was a More Dominant Player Than Kobe. So Was Karl Malone.

knicksman
03-31-2016, 10:09 PM
excuses excuses.
Maybe if you stop making them, you would have a life. My advice for you man is take risks. Steve jobs wouldnt be where he is if he settled to be an employee. Lebron wouldnt be a winner if he settled for layups and fastbreak points. Going for business, taking tough shots, or going for eye test instead of being a stat nerd is tougher but its gonna be worth it in the end.

Bro. Just admit it. Youre gullible thats why youre a bran stan. I know youre fuming deep inside coz kobe is 5/7 while your boy is....:lol

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 10:10 PM
Bro. Just admit it. Youre gullible thats why youre a bran stan. I know youre fuming deep inside coz kobe is 5/7 while your boy is....:lol

You have no idea how to lead or eventually win if you love kobe type of players. Great leaders make their teammates happy and the bigger the role a teammate has, the happier he is. That's why its no surprise that the ones who sacrifice stats wins the most. Russell sacrificed stats to win 11 rings. Jordan sacrificed his 32/8/8 season for 6 rings. Magic didn't play like his idol Oscar to win 5 rings in 9 finals appearance. Duncan sacrificed to win 5. That's why only fools fall for kobe. We have seen these type of players and most of them are cancers. Iverson, Marbury, westbrook, Robertson. LOL theres a reason why kobe is 2/7 fmvps with the best team of all time

knicksman
03-31-2016, 10:14 PM
You have no idea how to lead or eventually win if you love kobe type of players. Great leaders make their teammates happy and the bigger the role a teammate has, the happier he is. That's why its no surprise that the ones who sacrifice stats wins the most. Russell sacrificed stats to win 11 rings. Jordan sacrificed his 32/8/8 season for 6 rings. Magic didn't play like his idol Oscar to win 5 rings in 9 finals appearance. Duncan sacrificed to win 5. That's why only fools fall for kobe. We have seen these type of players and most of them are cancers. Iverson, Marbury, westbrook, Robertson. LOL theres a reason why kobe is 2/7 fmvps with the best team of all time

:sleeping simon is gullible enough to be fooled by a statpadder:lol

Cold soul
03-31-2016, 10:16 PM

Oh shut the hell up you're an idiot. No gives two shits what you think stop talking out of your ass pathetic troll.

Lebronxrings
03-31-2016, 10:19 PM
DAM! :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :pimp: :eek:

Chokefree
03-31-2016, 10:24 PM
Win? Then if kobe doesn't know how to win why does lebron have to leave to join wades team just to win and hes still 2/6? If kobe isn't a winner, why is he 5/7? You make no sense your dollars

knicksman
03-31-2016, 10:27 PM
Op is gullible. :lol How does it feel to be a dumbass op?

JT123
03-31-2016, 10:37 PM
:eek: knicksman just got body bagged

SwayDizzle
03-31-2016, 11:44 PM
kobe is GOAT #5. the question should be, what could he have done to be the #1 GOAT?

Jasper
04-01-2016, 12:03 AM
Argue all you want but OP has legit answers to why Kobe should not be considered a top 10 player of all time.
Low percentage shooter for starters , besides the legit cred of MVP is quite important.
Robert Horry has more rings , so in a resume that isn't as important as Fmvps as well as MVP's.

What I think would of got Kobe a Top 10 of all time is be more of a team player , instead of a team destroyer.
Needless to say if he would of hugged it out with Shaq, I think they could of gotten that 6 ring plat. by staying together and incorporating other players.
Then when Pau came along , it was a chip ,but the team was already in disintegrate mode.
When Kobe looked to be traded or in free agency , he would of been better to go the Spurs , his career would of had an asterisk next to it = 6+ rings and top ten player.

Cali Syndicate
04-01-2016, 12:08 AM

Lebron isn't a good leader. He's been a bad example of sportsmanship throughout his career. from the days he used to dance on the sidelines, to the no handshake walk off after losing the 09 Ecf, to the highly criticized lack of motivation to end the season against Boston in 2010. Even in 2011, he couldn't bear being the 2nd fiddle and was basically the main reason for the loss. Game 4, lebron pre-game rally was of the Leonidas type, then only to come out flat and immensely lackluster. Only when wade publicly stated that lebron should be the main dog, does he start playing out of his mind. These are not traits of a leader, but rather the prima donna that he is.

Even the cavs stars have been at a bit of disarray this season. Doesn't help his case when his response to curry champagne statement was to let his actions speak for him and we all saw how embarrassing an effort he gave for a 40 point beat down on his home court.

He's a great player and can fill the stat sheet as well as anyone, but he's nt what you call a great leader.

Cali Syndicate
04-01-2016, 12:13 AM
As for op, Kobe is arguably top ten. Those 8-12 spots are interchangeable imo and to have Kobe in the top 10 isn't ridiculous.

ballinhun8
04-01-2016, 12:43 AM
Agreed, I have the same list as well

Well of course. You're the same person stupid.

Dray n Klay
04-01-2016, 12:46 AM

Damn Fudge, we're gona need more space to haul in this batch :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
04-01-2016, 12:47 AM

:lol

JT123
04-01-2016, 12:49 AM
Damn Fudge, we're gona need more space to haul in this batch :oldlol:

ballinhun8
04-01-2016, 12:52 AM

Think you forgot to log onto fudge Simon.

Should be the 4th alt under the login section. :lol :lol

ballinhun8
04-01-2016, 12:54 AM
It's been 1 minute.

Where is lebronxrings to agree with you "guys"

TheMarkMadsen
04-01-2016, 01:40 AM
Of course the OP doesn't respond to my post.

What a little bitch.

Mr Feeny
04-01-2016, 03:05 AM
Kobe is top 10 deal with it troll.

Too bad most fans and media outlets have him outside the top 11:(
Meanwhile, Lebron is considered top 6 by most people and he's got a long ways to go:rockon:

Gileraracer
04-01-2016, 07:01 AM
He should've lost 66% of his finals.

Too bad he won 5 out of 7 :(

scuzzy
04-01-2016, 07:28 AM
Ether

raprap
04-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Top 12 isnt bad for a 44% career fg shooter :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2016, 07:42 AM

:roll: you fcking casual retard

Man, ISH has really gone down shithole. I might have go back to Sherdog this place blows now.

that sentence doesn't even make sense.

You're a Kobe apologist, stop thinking you're some kind of wonder mind or unbiased :roll:

riseagainst
04-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Kobe is already top 10.

But the real question is, what should have Lebron done and will need to do to make it into the top 20 all time?

zbott
04-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Jordan
Kareem
LeBron
Magic
Duncan
Bird
Shaq
Wilt
Russell
Hakeem
Moses Malone

Good list ... except would put Lebron in the 11-15 range ...

Dray n Klay
04-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Kobe is already top 10.

But the real question is, what should have Lebron done and will need to do to make it into the top 20 all time?

This guy deleted and reposted the same sht again cause no one paid him any attention :oldlol:

Here, I acknowledge your existence

scuzzy
04-01-2016, 08:37 PM
This guy deleted and reposted the same sht again cause no one paid him any attention :oldlol:

I caught that to, lmao, what a loser

TommyGriffin
04-01-2016, 09:09 PM
I caught that to, lmao, what a loser
Not surprising at all.

Bankaii
04-01-2016, 09:14 PM
What MVP years was Kobe robbed off?

Please list them so I can clown your dumbass.
This is shit casual fans say.:oldlol:

LongLiveTheKing
04-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Not get carried by Shaq and Pau, and hit some big shots in the finals instead of Derek Fisher and Ron Artest. :confusedshrug:

Lebronxrings
04-01-2016, 10:12 PM

:lol

Cold soul
04-01-2016, 10:13 PM
:roll: you fcking casual retard

that sentence doesn't even make sense.

You're a Kobe apologist, stop thinking you're some kind of wonder mind or unbiased :roll:

Well you're an idiot that sucks Lebron dick you are totally biased when comes to him on everything. I rather be causal than live off here like you did look at your post count lol get out parents basement get a job be productive in society.

Cold soul
04-01-2016, 10:14 PM
What MVP years was Kobe robbed off?

Please list them so I can clown your dumbass.
This is shit casual fans say.:oldlol:

06 and 07 why?

Cold soul
04-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Too bad most fans and media outlets have him outside the top 11:(
Meanwhile, Lebron is considered top 6 by most people and he's got a long ways to go:rockon:

ESPN outlets lol what other media outlets have him outside top 10.

Bankaii
04-01-2016, 10:47 PM
06 and 07 why?
06- There has never been an MVP of the modern era with lower than a 3 seed. That alone is why. His record was no where near good enough.

Nash averaged a double double with a 50/40/90 season while leading his team to a 2 seed and the 2nd best offense in the league all without Amare.

07- Same reason as 06.
Dirk led his team to an almost 70 win season while having a 50/40/90 season.
Kobe barely had a winning record.

You do understand that MVP is not the best player in the league or the player with the best stats right? You actually have to have an impact.