PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather Appreciation Thread

Lebron23
04-01-2016, 02:05 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59300/4561197-6415128755-AND-i.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/01/23/28355E0500000578-3064869-image-m-9_1430520916997.jpg

I was blinded by hatred, and Fake Nationalism, but watching some fights on youtube. Floyd is arguably the most talented, and the best defensive boxer in the last 30 years.

And he even in his late 30's he's still a very good boxer. I hope we see him fight again before he turns 40 in 2017. He's currently beefing with Adrian Broner, but I love to see him fight a top 3 Welterweight. Maybe a match with Bradley if he beats Manny Pacquiao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYeSXpC244

Floyd Mayweather Defensive Genius (Defense Highlights) HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04I1Wmbpwo

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Offensive Skills

masonanddixon
04-01-2016, 05:05 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59300/4561197-6415128755-AND-i.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/01/23/28355E0500000578-3064869-image-m-9_1430520916997.jpg

I was blinded by hatred, and Fake Nationalism, but watching some fights on youtube. Floyd is arguably the most talented, and the best defensive boxer in the last 30 years.

And he even in his late 30's he's still a very good boxer. I hope we see him fight again before he turns 40 in 2017. He's currently beefing with Adrian Broner, but I love to see him fight a top 3 Welterweight. Maybe a match with Bradley if he beats Manny Pacquiao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYeSXpC244

Floyd Mayweather Defensive Genius (Defense Highlights) HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04I1Wmbpwo

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Offensive Skills

He's not better defensively than Ward or Rigondeaux.

Also he lost both times to Castillo and cherrypicked all his opponents and avoided everyone in their prime.

Overrated as ****.

PistonsFan#21
04-01-2016, 05:13 PM

Also he lost both times to Castillo and cherrypicked all his opponents and avoided everyone in their prime.

Overrated as ****.

How did he lose both times to Castillo? Catillo himself doesnt believe he won the 2nd fight:

"I never figured him out. I think he fought a more intelligent fight this time. I never felt I did anything this time." - Jose Luis Castillo

Also Ward is definitely not better than Mayweather defensively. hes trying to use the Mayweather shoulder roll now but the eye test and opponents landing % prove that its not as effective. Mayweather has the greatest punches landed/opponent's punches landed ratio in compubox history

masonanddixon
04-01-2016, 05:27 PM
How did he lose both times to Castillo? Catillo himself doesnt believe he won the 2nd fight:

"I never figured him out. I think he fought a more intelligent fight this time. I never felt I did anything this time." - Jose Luis Castillo

Also Ward is definitely not better than Mayweather defensively. hes trying to use the Mayweather shoulder roll now but the eye test and opponents landing % prove that its not as effective. Mayweather has the greatest punches landed/opponent's punches landed ratio in compubox history

If you watch the second fight there's no way you can give more than 6 rounds to Mayweather.
The first fight Mayweather lost 8 rounds.

lol yeah Ward is 6 feet tall. Mayweather is a midget. Of course it's going to be easier to hit Ward. He's fighting against real men.

Godzuki
04-01-2016, 05:44 PM
how come ISH has some of the worst opinions on the internet? :facepalm

PistonsFan#21
04-01-2016, 06:24 PM
If you watch the second fight there's no way you can give more than 6 rounds to Mayweather.
The first fight Mayweather lost 8 rounds.

lol yeah Ward is 6 feet tall. Mayweather is a midget. Of course it's going to be easier to hit Ward. He's fighting against real men.

:biggums: what kinda logic is that? Most of Mayweather's opponents are his height. a 6 feet tall guy fighting other 6 feet tall guys is proportionally equivalent to a 5'7'' guy fighting another 5'7'' guy

What real men does Ward have on his resume?

Lebron23
04-01-2016, 08:50 PM

Overrated as ****.

He's better than Ward and Rigondeaux. And he also beat better boxers in their careers.

Saul Alvarez
Jose Luis Castillo
Miguel Cotto
Manny Pacquiao
Juan Manuel Marquez
Oscar Dela Hoya at 154
Ricky Hatton
Diego Corrales
Genaro Hern

Nick Young
04-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Floyd > Manny, history will always remember this.

Wade3
04-01-2016, 09:25 PM

Overrated as ****.

The hoops people go through to deny this mans greatness

He stood head and shoulders above everybody else in his era. The eye test, the accomplishments and the respect of his peers all attest to that.

Lebron23
04-01-2016, 09:31 PM
49 have tried, 49 have failed.

Wally450
04-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Lol at losing the 2nd Castillo fight. The first one there's a serious argument, but the second one isn't even close.

Ass Dan
04-02-2016, 01:22 AM
overrated AF, the only people he ever beatdown were his beeeeeitches.

Ass Dan
04-02-2016, 01:22 AM
49 have tried, 49 have failed.

add two zeros and it sounds like your thread starting attempts.

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2016, 01:24 AM
overrated AF, the only people he ever beatdown were his beeeeeitches.
Josh

J$

Starface

rufus

which one could it be

masonanddixon
04-02-2016, 03:29 AM
:biggums: what kinda logic is that? Most of Mayweather's opponents are his height. a 6 feet tall guy fighting other 6 feet tall guys is proportionally equivalent to a 5'7'' guy fighting another 5'7'' guy

What real men does Ward have on his resume?

Froch, Kessler, Abraham, etc etc all the biggest toughest dudes in the division.

Super middleweight is where boxers are serious, legitimate real men. You can't go running around the ring against dudes 6'2'' with long reaches.

Mayweather is a manlet facing other tiny bois.

masonanddixon
04-02-2016, 03:30 AM
Lol at losing the 2nd Castillo fight. The first one there's a serious argument, but the second one isn't even close.

Dude everyone knows he lost to Castillo the first time. The second one was close as shit, just watch it round by round with no commentary.

masonanddixon
04-02-2016, 03:32 AM
[QUOTE=Lebron23]He's better than Ward and Rigondeaux. And he also beat better boxers in their careers.

Saul Alvarez
Jose Luis Castillo
Miguel Cotto
Manny Pacquiao
Juan Manuel Marquez
Oscar Dela Hoya at 154
Ricky Hatton
Diego Corrales
Genaro Hern

fsvr54
04-02-2016, 03:38 AM
One of the undeniable goats. Top 10 all time.

Cangri
04-02-2016, 09:11 AM
You forget the part about him ducking the Punisher repeatedly and avoiding Margarito.

And forcing everyone to fight at a catchweight and hand picking his own refs and judges.
Lol @ Margarito, one of the most unskilled, overrated and slow fighters around. He would have done sht against Floyd, he would have pot shotted
him to an easy UD. He didn't want to fight Margarito because he wasn't the lineal champ and didn't want to make negotiations with Bob Arum.
Margarito is/was an overrated piece of shit, look at what Mosley did to that sht.

Doomsday Dallas
08-20-2020, 08:34 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5oLwaqmYfKk

As much as I don't like the man... I have to say he unfortunately is the greatest pound 4 pound boxer ever.

50-0, what can you say? If the goal is to win... he accomplished that goal.

Sucks that it had to be him... but who else is better?

1. Mayweather
2. Ali
3. Holyfield
4. Tyson
5. Roy Jones Jr

1987_Lakers
08-20-2020, 09:01 PM
Mayweather lost to Jose Luis Castillo, the majority of hardcore boxing fans had Castillo winning that fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSK8Pe2RiDQ

Rooster
08-20-2020, 09:08 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5oLwaqmYfKk

As much as I don't like the man... I have to say he unfortunately is the greatest pound 4 pound boxer ever.

50-0, what can you say? If the goal is to win... he accomplished that goal.

Sucks that it had to be him... but who else is better?

1. Mayweather
2. Ali
3. Holyfield
4. Tyson
5. Roy Jones Jr

LMAO. Casuals gonna casuals. One of top 10 GOAT who has many losses and never won a world title is greater than anyone on that list sans Ali. You’re clueless casual fan.

Lebron23
08-20-2020, 09:33 PM
LMAO. Casuals gonna casuals. One of top 10 GOAT who has many losses and never won a world title is greater than anyone on that list sans Ali. You’re clueless casual fan.

This. Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong and Sam Langford are still the top 3 boxers of all time.

Doomsday Dallas
08-20-2020, 10:30 PM

you can't say casuals gonna casual and not post your top 5 or Mount Rushmore

Obviously I'm ignoring the early greats here, but I've given this a lot of thought and those boxers are in my tier1

even if Mayweather lost a fight, he's still 49-1 which is still close as anybody to having an immaculate record.

Leonard, Paq, Hopkins, Oscar, would probably make the top 10.

Rooster
08-21-2020, 12:07 AM
you can't say casuals gonna casual and not post your top 5 or Mount Rushmore

Obviously I'm ignoring the early greats here, but I've given this a lot of thought and those boxers are in my tier1

even if Mayweather lost a fight, he's still 49-1 which is still close as anybody to having an immaculate record.

Leonard, Paq, Hopkins, Oscar, would probably make the top 10.

LMAO. A lot of thought and still sounded like a casual fan. Your list is basically what would a mainstream casual only know.

Ali is definitely a top 5. He reigned in the golden era of heavyweights. You talking about him taking all the great risk by fighting the most feared guy at that time (Liston) and the another feared hard puncher ( Big George) and KOs then to prove everyone wrong.

SRL also has a strong case in top 10 as he took the murderers row at their prime ( Hagler was past it though) and came out of top. He beat Hearns, Duran, Hagler and another ATG to boot El Radar. Floyd resume is pale in comparison as none of the great fighters he fought were at their prime and he has a couple of chance for career defining fights but chose to ducked them.

Pac maybe but even his greatness is overstated. Titles and all those Belts are not the same as when Henry Armstrong .

1. Walker Smith Jr - Greatest welterweight and at one time was 126-1 with the only lost against another ATG who outweigh him by 16 pounds

2. Henry Jackson Jr. - Have 3 titles Simultaneously when titles were novelties and theres only one belt on 12 division- total of 12 champions. now thereÂ’s 4 belts in 17 division = 58 cchampikns

3. Greb- Beat the most HOF fighters with basically one eye.

4. Ali - see my comment above

5. Pep, Duran, SRL, Louis. Langford. Anyone of these guys have strong argument. Wil o the Wisp to me had the strongest case. At one point he was 109-1 and could have retired after surviving the plane crash .

The fact that youÂ’re listing Oscar, Tyson, etc means you know very little . Even forgetting the early greats, There are guys you never watch in any mainstream fights that were greater. From Finito, Chava, El Flaco Explosivo, Bazooka, El Puas, Monzon, and greatest underrated like Sweet Pea. ThereÂ’s also Barrera, Morales and even Ward who is greater than Oscar or Tyson.

insidehoops
08-31-2020, 08:09 PM
Which legendary boxers should he be compared to, career-wise AND style-wise?

Bawkish
08-31-2020, 11:40 PM

Sugar Ray Leonard fought Hearns, Duran, Hagler, in their primes. His resume is miles ahead compared to Floyd

James Toney also uses shoulder roll defense. He's also a great counter puncher & probably more skilled than Roy Jones & Hopkins

Rooster
09-01-2020, 12:25 PM

Style wise - Sweet Pea. Floyd stayed in the pocket and hit counters with conviction at his 130 run. Not so much at welterweight. He used his lead right to deter anyone coming in and potshots and slaps in the fly. More like Benitez except when El Radar took the fight to Duran .

Career wise - He mastered the art of cherry-picking so it’s hard to compare him to anyone. He also ducked his way out of tough challenges but a lot of solid wins as well. I guess it’s like Roy Jones without making a lot of money. Roy and Floyd have impressive resume early in their career.