SpaceJam
04-02-2016, 01:22 AM
One for each FMVP vote he wanted

https://media.giphy.com/media/3FBwwRCNTSa52/giphy.gif

Tried too hard, points for effort

PWB15
04-02-2016, 01:23 AM
Ouch! Be more careful bud

Chauncey Billups said on the pregame show that one of his biggest flaws.......careless with the ball

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-02-2016, 01:24 AM
No Iggy, more ball handling duties more turnovers.
His scoring has also fallen off hard without Iggy

masonanddixon
04-02-2016, 04:22 AM
lol 9 turnovers in a game would be considered a good performance for queen james in the postseason.

Gileraracer
04-02-2016, 04:51 AM
One for each FMVP vote he wanted

awkward

moongaze
04-02-2016, 04:56 AM
Is the ops stat line for real? Says he joined in March and already has over 600 posts :oldlol:

I don't know what's worse, 9 turnovers in a game or over 600 posts on one site in a month :biggums:

fourkicks44
04-02-2016, 05:06 AM
Chauncey Billups said on the pregame show that one of his biggest flaws.......careless with the ball

You beat me to it!

How prophetic was Billups' call?

masonanddixon
04-02-2016, 07:47 AM
You beat me to it!

How prophetic was Billups' call?

He's still 100x better than Billups ever was.

90sgoat
04-02-2016, 08:04 AM
It's hilarious because when Curry hype was peak a few weeks ago everyone claimed Curry was 'elite' ball handler and passer. In truth he is one of the worst ball handlers in the league at his position with a horrible assist to turnover ratio.

The truth is, you pressure him with physical defense and he drops to a sub 20ppg scorer.

Trollsmasher
04-02-2016, 08:32 AM
his PER is down to 31.4 and WS/48 to .316

b-b-but greatest season of all time doe:lol

hold this L
04-02-2016, 10:50 AM
It's hilarious because when Curry hype was peak a few weeks ago everyone claimed Curry was 'elite' ball handler and passer. In truth he is one of the worst ball handlers in the league at his position with a horrible assist to turnover ratio.

The truth is, you pressure him with physical defense and he drops to a sub 20ppg scorer.
You really are a special kind of stupid. Maybe if you were watching them regularly, you would know that he's been gassed for two weeks now since he was carrying the Warriors for roughly two months in many games. At least simon and his 40 alts is trolling when talking about Curry, so I don't know what he believes. You believe every dumb shit that that we have to read on the other hand.

theaussieguy
04-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Meh, mvp.... Stay mad

90sgoat
04-02-2016, 12:22 PM
You really are a special kind of stupid. Maybe if you were watching them regularly, you would know that he's been gassed for two weeks now since he was carrying the Warriors for roughly two months in many games. At least simon and his 40 alts is trolling when talking about Curry, so I don't know what he believes. You believe every dumb shit that that we have to read on the other hand.

Curry being turnover prone is a fact. He is ranked 37th at his position in the NBA, the top 3 is Conley, Paul and Rubio.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/assists/sort/assistTurnoverRatio

That is a fact. He is not a good ballhandler. He is in the same league as Michael Carter Williams, Derrick Rose, Kyrie.

Assist to Turnover Ratio is pretty big if you're going to be a point guard.

If people hadn't been hyping this kid way beyond what he was then I wouldn't have to. Lots of people claimed him to be an 'elite' passer and ballhandler when he clearly isn't it. It is his glaring weakness.

hold this L
04-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Curry being turnover prone is a fact. He is ranked 37th at his position in the NBA, the top 3 is Conley, Paul and Rubio.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/assists/sort/assistTurnoverRatio

That is a fact. He is not a good ballhandler. He is in the same league as Michael Carter Williams, Derrick Rose, Kyrie.

If people hadn't been hyping this kid way beyond what he was then I wouldn't have to. Lots of people claimed him to be an 'elite' passer and ballhandler when he clearly isn't it. It is his glaring weakness.
He is an elite passer and ballhandler, but he will continue to get TOs just like the rest of his team. They play incredibly fast basketball and take a ton of risks. Unless they change their style which is on par to GOAT regular season, they will continue playing this. Curry does sometimes get a little lazy here and there, but that's not a huge issue when he's single handedly winning tons of games. That's taken a huge strain for two months when the rest of the team wasn't too hot and he playing mental basketball until two weeks ago. Klay and Dray during this time have started to step up.

And it's normal. Unless you expect him to be focused and tire himself out before the playoffs start, he's done his job. If there's games where he needs to pull more assists and not get TO's, he's done those this season. This is the boxscore type of analytic where someone says that Curry is only 10th in the league, how can he be an elite passer.. when the entire team puts up an insane amount of assists and has a ridiculous 30+ team assists this season which is I think more than twice of the 2nd place team. When he needs to pass or change his style, he's done this year.

The main point is that it's fvking ridiculous to shame Curry on his latest games when his team wasn't up to par for two months as he was running around winning games at will.

AirBonner
04-02-2016, 01:04 PM
How is Curry gassed playing 34 min a game while chucking 30 footers?

90sgoat
04-02-2016, 01:54 PM
You're not an elite ballhandler and passer when you're in the bottom of the league in assist to turnover ratio. Claiming so is stanning on a delusional level.

The top ballhandlers in the league, Rubio, Paul, Conley, Parker, they're all in the top of that stat.

Stop being a delusional stan, Curry is not a good ballhandler, you're just impressed by illegal carry dribbles.

Chadwin
04-02-2016, 02:30 PM

and 3.5 turnovers per 36

hiphopfan777
04-02-2016, 02:32 PM

How did currys ass taste last year when he beat conley on the playoffs. Rubio is garbage has two number one picks and still no playoffs. Chris paul never made out of second round

hold this L
04-02-2016, 04:22 PM
You're not an elite ballhandler and passer when you're in the bottom of the league in assist to turnover ratio. Claiming so is stanning on a delusional level.

The top ballhandlers in the league, Rubio, Paul, Conley, Parker, they're all in the top of that stat.

Stop being a delusional stan, Curry is not a good ballhandler, you're just impressed by illegal carry dribbles.
Rubio better than Curry, are you retarded? :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
04-02-2016, 04:30 PM

:roll: :roll:

TYCRO
04-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Yet Rush's 4 point swing is what really caused the loss.

Johnni Gade
04-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Looked really bad this game.

hold this L
04-02-2016, 05:08 PM
:roll: :roll:
I think he's honestly seen 4-5 games of the Warriors. I remember he made a topic a few days letting the people who have been living under a rock that Warriors play high IQ basketball. What insight. :lol

90sgoat
04-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Rubio better than Curry, are you retarded? :facepalm

As a passer and ballhandler Rubio is far superior to Curry.

Why is such an obvious truth so difficult to admit? Curry ranks in the absolute bottom of stats when it comes to Assist to Turnovers, which is the golden standard for point guards/playmakers. You only have to look at the top of that list to see it's true, Conley, Paul, Rubio, Parker. There are only 3 point guards in the entire league with worse ratio.

Curry gets flustered when pressured and throws the ball away, he has been doing it all season long, why is this so difficult to admit? Curry is not a natural point guard, he is an off ball player and that's fine, this absurd stanning where Curry has to be the best at everything. If you have tons of turnovers then you're not an efficient ballhandler simple as that.

hold this L
04-03-2016, 01:09 PM
As a passer and ballhandler Rubio is far superior to Curry.

Why is such an obvious truth so difficult to admit? Curry ranks in the absolute bottom of stats when it comes to Assist to Turnovers, which is the golden standard for point guards/playmakers. You only have to look at the top of that list to see it's true, Conley, Paul, Rubio, Parker. There are only 3 point guards in the entire league with worse ratio.

Curry gets flustered when pressured and throws the ball away, he has been doing it all season long, why is this so difficult to admit? Curry is not a natural point guard, he is an off ball player and that's fine, this absurd stanning where Curry has to be the best at everything. If you have tons of turnovers then you're not an efficient ballhandler simple as that.
How do you know this, you just made a topic saying you finally got around to watching a few GSW games. So please explain how you know he does this all season long when you just watched a few games? Make sure to make up a nice lie on how when you made that topic, you were misunderstood. :lol

That's the problem when don't watch basketball but base things off boxscores trying to sound like they have a clue what they're saying. The Warriors and Curry will continue playing a high risk passing system that will hand them more TOs than normal because it works for them, you know since they're on pace for GOAT regular season. Saying Rubio is better than Curry at ball handling and passing is beyond idiotic.

KungFuJoe
04-03-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm not even a Warriors or Curry fan but you'd have to be a retard to not know Curry is an elite ball handler and passer.

He just gets lazy and nonchalant with the ball sometimes. But it's that same relaxed attitude that allows him to nail 35 footers and hit circus lay ups in traffic with ease.

It's a trade off you take every. Single. Time.

Hey Yo
04-03-2016, 03:18 PM
How is Curry gassed playing 34 min a game while chucking 30 footers?
Maybe all the un-necessary fancy two handed dribbling and shooting from the locker room runway for 2hrs before tip-off??

90sgoat
04-03-2016, 03:52 PM
How do you know this, you just made a topic saying you finally got around to watching a few GSW games. So please explain how you know he does this all season long when you just watched a few games? Make sure to make up a nice lie on how when you made that topic, you were misunderstood. :lol

That's the problem when don't watch basketball but base things off boxscores trying to sound like they have a clue what they're saying. The Warriors and Curry will continue playing a high risk passing system that will hand them more TOs than normal because it works for them, you know since they're on pace for GOAT regular season. Saying Rubio is better than Curry at ball handling and passing is beyond idiotic.

Rubio pr 36: 10.2apg 2.9 turnovers
Curry pr 36: 6.9apg 3.5 turnovers

Passes in a game:

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/passing/?sort=PASSES_MADE&dir=1

Ricky Rubio: 62.6
Curry: 57.0

Time of possesion:

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/possessions/?sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1

Rubio: 7.1 minutes
Curry: 5.4 minutes

Turnovers pr. minute of possesion:

Rubio: 0.35
Curry: 0.6

I really find it hard to see how Curry is a better ballhandler when he has significantly more turnovers in significantly fever touches and time of possesion.

Barton
04-03-2016, 04:52 PM
The stats only tell part of the story in the rubio (or whoever)-curry debate. If Curry facilitated and shot the ball on par with Rubio, I'd venture that his point guard stats would be much better than they currently are but he'd also be less of a player overall.

Quite simply, no one plays Rubio in remotely the same way as Curry is defended. Rubio has far more room than Curry to operate, to pass, to rise up and shoot. The pressure he faces is a fraction of what Curry sees nightly. That his assist rate is higher and his turnovers lower is a no-brainer given what Rubio has to work with.

hold this L
04-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Rubio pr 36: 10.2apg 2.9 turnovers
Curry pr 36: 6.9apg 3.5 turnovers

Passes in a game:

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/passing/?sort=PASSES_MADE&dir=1

Ricky Rubio: 62.6
Curry: 57.0

Time of possesion:

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/possessions/?sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1

Rubio: 7.1 minutes
Curry: 5.4 minutes

Turnovers pr. minute of possesion:

Rubio: 0.35
Curry: 0.6

I really find it hard to see how Curry is a better ballhandler when he has significantly more turnovers in significantly fever touches and time of possesion.
You find it hard to see because you don't watch basketball enough to have a clue. You just said you watched a few games from them and are running in 2ball mode of writing stats instead of making examples in games. You don't know enough.

If Curry wanted to make more assists, he would. But it makes no sense to do so when you're the GOAT shooter. On top of that he leads hockey assists by a landslide, through their famous P&R of getting two people on him and then him passing to Green who runs towards the rim and passes to one of the three open men as soon as a defender gets on him. You know, that whole get players on him and he will make mistakes? Which is how he easily racks up hockey assists at will.

Start watching basketball from this century, and then we can talk start discussing it again.

90sgoat
04-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Enough people. I like Curry he is a great player. It's just crazy if you can't admit that the top point guards of the league like Paul, Rondo, Conley etc are better ballhandlers and passers, because they clearly are, it's what they do. Curry is a shooter first and foremost and has a fine handle, he just isn't close to those pass first point guards.

A big reason Cavs had any chance in the finals was because Curry wasn't good enough at passing out of the double, I watched all finals games by the way.

LAZERUSS
04-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Enough people. I like Curry he is a great player. It's just crazy if you can't admit that the top point guards of the league like Paul, Rondo, Conley etc are better ballhandlers and passers, because they clearly are, it's what they do. Curry is a shooter first and foremost and has a fine handle, he just isn't close to those pass first point guards.

A big reason Cavs had any chance in the finals was because Curry wasn't good enough at passing out of the double, I watched all finals games by the way.

Curry is arguably the GOAT ball-handler. If he wasn't he wouldn't be among the most efficient shooters at the rim in the league. He is virtually unstoppable. I get sick-and-tired of those that say that so-and-so could stop him, or that if you double him he can't do score. He has the quickest release, and easily the greatest range in NBA history.

As was pointed out earlier...every time he shoots you expect him to make it. No matter from where, nor with whom defending him.

Prime_Shaq
04-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Maybe all the un-necessary fancy two handed dribbling and shooting from the locker room runway for 2hrs before tip-off??
You sound mad