PDA

View Full Version : Could the Celtics potentially be a contender in the east in short order?

AngelEyes
04-02-2016, 01:05 PM
They've improved that team by leaps and bounds in a very short period of time. They have an excellent coach and a deep team and could come close to 50 wins by the end of the season. After this season they will get very high draft pick, via Brooklyn, and could potentially improve their young core that much more. It appears they're building a very nice team over there in Boston.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-02-2016, 01:09 PM
If they get KD theyre favorites

Haymaker
04-02-2016, 01:13 PM
If they sign a Superstar they need someone who buys into their mantra/philosophy. They are a selfless bunch who leave everything on the court day in and day out. Sign the wrong guy and it could ruin their chemistry forever.

kamil
04-02-2016, 01:15 PM
If they sign a Superstar they need someone who buys into their mantra/philosophy. They are a selfless bunch who leave everything on the court day in and day out. Sign the wrong guy and it could ruin their chemistry forever.

So.... not LeBron*, right?

ralph_i_el
04-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Just another example of team basketball and commitment to a strong strategy making a team get more than the sum of it's parts. I love squads like this.

Duderonomy
04-02-2016, 01:20 PM
If that's an option hell yeah. But if the only Star they can get DWight or Cousins they are better off staying on their current course.

qrich
04-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Just hoping they don't blow all these assets on one guy and hope to win it all.

A push for Whiteside would be perfect, and if they fail there, I could see them taking a flyer on Larry Sanders, or getting an asset out of the Bucks to take John Henson.

If they make a huge move for Love/Butler though, and exhaust assets, they'll just end up being a treadmill team that is a fringe contender.

keep-itreal
04-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Durant or Bust

90sgoat
04-02-2016, 01:55 PM

This, they built a strong solid core, just need one elite scorer to be in contention. Durant would be perfect.

Wally450
04-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Just hoping they don't blow all these assets on one guy and hope to win it all.

A push for Whiteside would be perfect, and if they fail there, I could see them taking a flyer on Larry Sanders, or getting an asset out of the Bucks to take John Henson.

If they make a huge move for Love/Butler though, and exhaust assets, they'll just end up being a treadmill team that is a fringe contender.

I've been on board with the bolded for about a week or 2. At first I wanted Cousins, (I'd still take him) but now I'd take Whiteside more as I feel our team favors the defensive end more than the offensive. Plus Whiteside would be less of a headache than Cousins.

Butler would give us another go to scorer after Isaiah. We seem to play roulette with a consistent second option. Crowder is okay, but his offensive game isn't as polished as Butler's.