PDA

View Full Version : Celtics are in prime position moving forward.

bdreason
04-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Looking over this teams roster, and they don't have a single bad contract on the books. Their backcourt trio of Thomas - Bradley - Smart are locked up for under $20m combined. The only Bigs they have on the books next season are Zeller - Sullinger - Olynyk for under $10m combined. I'm not a cap expert, but it looks like they'll have room for TWO MAX contracts if they so desire. The Celtics also have a possible FOUR 2016 1st round draft picks, and FOUR 2016 2nd round draft picks. I'd say it's likely some of these picks are moved, possibly to bring in a MAX type player in a trade.

I should also mention that the Celtics have the best young coach in the NBA, Brad Stevens, who is probably gonna win CotY this season. Celtics have some big decisions coming this off-season, but if they make the right moves... they'll be setup for a long run of success.

Cocaine80s
04-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Thomas
Bradley
Durant
Lebron
Whiteside

MMM
04-03-2016, 10:57 PM
looking forward to "fireworks" this summer but we definitely need to execute the plan

SwishSquared
04-04-2016, 12:22 AM
They have lots of ammo, but I'm pretty sure that both Sully and Zeller are RFAs this summer. I don't think that will mess with their plans to bring in a free agent(s) or complete a big trade with the multitude of picks, but just wanted to add that.

I think they'll try to go after Butler or Cousins this summer, and will unload 2 Brooklyn assets as a way to grease the wheels.

Im Still Ballin
04-04-2016, 12:30 AM
Sign Whiteside and acquire Jimmy Butler for the Brooklyn pick

Isiah/Whiteside/Butler big three

Im Still Ballin
04-04-2016, 12:36 AM
If I were Boston, I'd rather get Butler and Whiteside than Cousins

Whiteside is the truth. With perimeter defenders like Bradley, Smart, Crowder.. And potentially Butler. That defense would be insane

And offensively Whiteside is compatible with a perimeter guard oriented offense. High efficiency low volume elite scorer.

AirBonner
04-04-2016, 01:17 AM
If I were Boston, I'd rather get Butler and Whiteside than Cousins

Whiteside is the truth. With perimeter defenders like Bradley, Smart, Crowder.. And potentially Butler. That defense would be insane

And offensively Whiteside is compatible with a perimeter guard oriented offense. High efficiency low volume elite scorer.
I'm not sold on Whiteside at all. Butler is good but at a high cost.

LAKingKobe
04-04-2016, 02:06 AM
Lol everyone thinks Boston is set but they are just another Grizzlies team. They won't be relevant even though they make the playoffs. Lakers gonna win the chip sooner than the celts will.
Russell>Thomas
Clarkson>smart
Randle> Whoever
Kobe> bird

Akrazotile
04-04-2016, 02:10 AM
Tbh, if Lebron's scrub ass team lets him down again this year, he needs to takes his thickness to Boston.

JohnnySic
04-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Looking over this teams roster, and they don't have a single bad contract on the books. Their backcourt trio of Thomas - Bradley - Smart are locked up for under $20m combined. The only Bigs they have on the books next season are Zeller - Sullinger - Olynyk for under $10m combined. I'm not a cap expert, but it looks like they'll have room for TWO MAX contracts if they so desire. The Celtics also have a possible FOUR 2016 1st round draft picks, and FOUR 2016 2nd round draft picks. I'd say it's likely some of these picks are moved, possibly to bring in a MAX type player in a trade.

I should also mention that the Celtics have the best young coach in the NBA, Brad Stevens, who is probably gonna win CotY this season. Celtics have some big decisions coming this off-season, but if they make the right moves... they'll be setup for a long run of success.
All fine and good but, historically, big name free agents dont come here. Hopefully that changes.

MMM
04-04-2016, 10:49 AM
All fine and good but, historically, big name free agents dont come here. Hopefully that changes.

this is right but how much does that some combination of sucking plus not having cap room have to do with it over the years. From 96-04 the Celtics were terrible and didn't have much room to operate. The big 3 era saw the team commit to paying the lux tax