PDA

View Full Version : Where should Durant go after this season?

keep-itreal
04-04-2016, 01:43 AM
This says it all- https://twitter.com/CauldronICYMI/status/705270902242545664
:roll: :roll: :roll:

COnDEMnED
04-04-2016, 01:45 AM
As a Lakers fan, it pains me to say the Celtics. I'd accept him with open arms to the Lakers as well, if he can pick a coach he wants and a running mate with the second max.

Mike smith
04-04-2016, 02:06 AM
Okc

Human Error
04-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Houston have the best friend of Durant in Beasley and they can sign Hassan Whiteside who has been in Spo's doghouse.

Whiteside
Beasley
Durant
Harden
Beverley

This is a solid lineup.

GOATJono
04-04-2016, 06:41 AM
Houston have the best friend of Durant in Beasley and they can sign Hassan Whiteside who has been in Spo's doghouse.

Whiteside
Beasley
Durant
Harden
Beverley

This is a solid lineup.
Upgrade Beverley with Mike Conley. Instant contenders. Not taking salary caps into account though.

navy
04-04-2016, 06:46 AM
He's staying in OKC.

Unless he leaves to the Warriors or Spurs which is probably unlikely.

Not sure why he would go to worse teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets, Wizards. He has more help in OKC.

Clifton
04-04-2016, 09:00 AM
If the Thunder and Warriors meet in the playoffs this year, he's staying in OKC.

If the Thunder beat the Warriors, it would be irrational for him to leave the Thunder for the team he just beat. Even if they lose in the Finals.

If the Warriors beat the Thunder, it would be too shameful to leave for the team that knocked you out of the playoffs, in your prime. Whether GS wins the title or not.

But if they don't meet in the playoffs (San Antonio beats OKC in the 2nd round) I can see him going to Golden State.

My mind was changed on this when I watched some ASG highlights. As a playmaker and teammate, Curry's everything Westbrook is not. Durant looked like he was having lots of fun playing with Curry when they were both on the floor.

If you're GS, I want to say don't mess with perfection, but they're not perfect. Imagine how much better they'd be if they had Durant out there instead of Harrison Barnes going 2-10 every other game.

IllegalD
04-04-2016, 09:02 AM
He's teaming up DeMar DeRozan and Al Horford to form a Big 3 on the Lakers to bring the Purple & Gold back to championship glory. :rockon:

Jasper
04-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Durant is after a ring

He will either work a deal to give OKC some flexibility, or he is possibly going to a contender or Boston.

I don't blame him at all , BUT I do have to say Ariza taught him to pass the ball when he gets in to a pickle , because the defense is pressing him 1/2 court.

Over years , hes grown to be a wonderful player... but he is not Giannis.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Unless he leaves to the Warriors or Spurs

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab250/Zac_Sweeney/NBA%20Photoshops/Jersey%20Switches/Durant_finalaa.png

:pimp:

beastee
04-04-2016, 11:07 AM
I still think Chicago makes some sense. Eastern team gives him the best chance to win.

PG - Rose (until they trade him for a younger, assist driven PG and overpriced filler)
SG- Butler (can defend the better wings so Durant can focus on offense)
SF- Durant
PF- Portis (will be a solid double double guy and great intensity)
C- Noah (on a cheaper deal) and pick up a good bruiser. Let Gasol Walk.

Mirotic can be 6th man and play SF or PF
McDermott can play SG & SF
Draft a stud PG since they will have Sacramento's pick and another late teens pick of their own (trade up to like 10-12 range)

They let Gasol and Taj go, and Trade MDL and I think they can make the salary work.

Otherwise he should stay on OKC or go to the Celtics.

He needs to be the man. In Golden State...he won't be. Spurs are Kawhi's team.

FreezingTsmoove
04-04-2016, 12:02 PM
If hes smart Houston

Then let Westbrook follow

kamil
04-04-2016, 12:06 PM
This says it all- https://twitter.com/CauldronICYMI/status/705270902242545664

Holy crap.... did that really happen?

Dr. Ice
04-04-2016, 12:22 PM
horford
millsap
durant
korver
teague

5 all-stars...just sayin

AirTupac
04-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Lakers obviously.

Storied franchise.
New reign.
New coach
Can get his fav max player to join him
+ possible Simmons , Ingram or Buddy
+ D'Angelo, Randle, Clarkson, Lance

Lakers have proven they know how to build winning teams. Not pussyfoot around like OKC and waste Durants prime years with pretender spirits.

keep-itreal
04-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Lakers obviously.

Storied franchise.
New reign.
New coach
Can get his fav max player to join him
+ possible Simmons , Ingram or Buddy
+ D'Angelo, Randle, Clarkson, Lance

Lakers have proven they know how to build winning teams. Not pussyfoot around like OKC and waste Durants prime years with pretender spirits.

HoopSuperstar
04-04-2016, 03:12 PM
I mentioned it before the rumors. Spurs would be a great fit. I can see him joining them for a chance at a championship especially since I don't see San Antonio winning the title. I say Golden states repeats, which should put K.Durant off their wish list. But its still scary to think who can Golden State sign with the salary cap set to rise next season.
C. ?
Pf Aldridge
SF Duarnt
SG K. Leonard
PG ?

Spurs5Rings2014
04-04-2016, 10:55 PM
I mentioned it before the rumors. Spurs would be a great fit. I can see him joining them for a chance at a championship especially since I don't see San Antonio winning the title. I say Golden states repeats, which should put K.Durant off their wish list. But its still scary to think who can Golden State sign with the salary cap set to rise next season.
C. ?
Pf Aldridge
SF Duarnt
SG K. Leonard
PG ?

Doesn't matter who's at C or PG with that core. Chips upon chips upon chips. Get it done, Buford.

:applause:

Terahite
04-04-2016, 11:44 PM
horford
millsap
durant
korver
teague

5 all-stars...just sayin

:durantunimpressed:

Lebron23
04-04-2016, 11:48 PM