PDA

View Full Version : WNBA struggle continues - lowered rims

swagga
04-04-2016, 09:13 AM
After the shortened line, the smaller ball and the subsided league the WNBA is trying to survive by lowering the rims. next up designer suits and lingerie contests. While the NBA is hitting a peak in popularity,the WNBA has just dropped to an all time low since its inaugural season.

Here's elena delle donne's opinion (like lebron+wilt+kobe of the wnba):

[QUOTE]
NEW YORK

Duderonomy
04-04-2016, 09:18 AM
I like the ideal. 9.4 ft hoops would allow alot more women to dunk. The first season is going to be an adjustment but it should add some excitement.

Gileraracer
04-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Please dunk on my face, naked

ralph_i_el
04-04-2016, 09:20 AM
The average men's pro bball player is ~6 inches taller than a woman's bball player. Shorten the rims and it would help the sport immensely

pastis
04-04-2016, 09:27 AM
the WNBA could not survive without the NBA donations. The WNBA is a loss-making business for the NBA. nobody cares. At least when it comes to the sportiv side.

Like the coach said: its much slower, less tactical, less athletic, they cant hit difficult shots, dunk etc. pp.

Its the same in every sport except maybe Tennis and figure skating.

Volleyball? You are watching this because of the girls, not because of the sport.

elena delle should be thankfull being paid by revenue surpluss from the NBA.

Without the NBA support the WNBA would be dead since its first season

#number6ix#
04-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Brittany grinder would dunk everytime down the floor

Ruler
04-04-2016, 10:56 AM
So wait... They want equality, but yet a smaller ball, shorter 3 point line, and lowered rims? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

This is the problem with feminism. They say they want equality but really they want an advantage.

senelcoolidge
04-04-2016, 10:59 AM
I thought women wanted equality. GTFO. :confusedshrug: They want to be like men so badly.

swagga
04-04-2016, 11:10 AM
So wait... They want equality, but yet a smaller ball, shorter 3 point line, and lowered rims? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

This is the problem with feminism. They say they want equality but really they want an advantage.

actually it would be a good move as it would increase the highlight plays and also increase the pace of the game. The problem is there are idiots out there who think women compare to men basketball-wise (newsflash: deandre jordan isn't a playoff player because of skills..)

chocolatethunder
04-04-2016, 11:41 AM
I like the ideal. 9.4 ft hoops would allow alot more women to dunk. The first season is going to be an adjustment but it should add some excitement.
Honestly, I can't believe you don't know the difference between "ideal" and "idea".

kamil
04-04-2016, 11:47 AM

They treat equal rights like a buffet. They'll take all the benefits but none of the hardships.

Done_And_Done
04-04-2016, 11:48 AM

But the biological cards are stacked against them so as the current rules stand, they're at a disadvantage. I get what you're saying, but if tweaking certain dimensions of the court helps to draw a more entertaining product, then why not do it?

kamil
04-04-2016, 11:51 AM
But the biological cards are stacked against them so as the current rules stand, they're at a disadvantage. I get what you're saying, but if tweaking certain dimensions of the court helps to draw a more entertaining product, then why not do it?

They can do as they please with their own league's rules.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-04-2016, 11:54 AM
I agree that the rims should be lower. This reminds me of women wanting combat roles in the military, but wanting lower requirements than men as well.

sundizz
04-04-2016, 12:11 PM

Because that product already exists. It's called the NBA. There is absolutely no reason for the WNBA to exist. It doesn't inspire young girls to be active. If anything it does the opposite.

Done_And_Done
04-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Because that product already exists. It's called the NBA. There is absolutely no reason for the WNBA to exist. It doesn't inspire young girls to be active. If anything it does the opposite.

Al Bundy would approve :applause:

KungFuJoe
04-04-2016, 12:20 PM
The 40 year old virgin is strong in this thread.

How some of you can bring up feminism in a thread about lowering the rim is beyond me. What the **** is wrong with some of you?

I guess the NBA was full of bitches when they tried shortening the three point line.

miggyme1
04-04-2016, 12:38 PM

faba?

miggyme1
04-04-2016, 12:49 PM
the WNBA could not survive without the NBA donations. The WNBA is a loss-making business for the NBA. nobody cares. At least when it comes to the sportiv side.

Like the coach said: its much slower, less tactical, less athletic, they cant hit difficult shots, dunk etc. pp.

Its the same in every sport except maybe Tennis and figure skating.

Volleyball? You are watching this because of the girls, not because of the sport.

elena delle should be thankfull being paid by revenue surpluss from the NBA.

Without the NBA support the WNBA would be dead since its first season

yea you don't watch wnba games. women's college basketball for the past 4 or 5 seasons has been way more entertaining than the mens. why???? because you actually get to live through and witness real rivalries....women come and stay 3-5 years at their preferred school instead of play one meaningless season and bolt for the nba.

Now as far as both sports go professionally....yes the mens game is more entertaining. But way faster??? more tactical???

first of all for the most part the womens game is a way more even playing field than the men's so you HAVE to be tactical...its th eonly way to separate yourself from other teams. Hell th eminnesota lynx might have the most stacked team in PROFESSIONAL SPORTS HISTORY and they still haven't really dominated the wnba like their male counterpart team would in another sport....and its because if you come with a great tactic you can beat anyone.

How many times have we seen in the men's game a team play pretty much a perfect game.......very strategic approach just to keep the game close until halftime and then get blown out or keep the game close until the last 2 minutes and then just wither away...yea it makes for a great game and sometimes we get the occasional upset but its usually due to the other team not being mentally focused or just having a bad night and in most cases the inferior team never had a chance and were going up against a far superior team athletically. Go look at some of coach calipari's past 10 teams or what the warriors are doing now.

iamgine
04-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Women are not meant to pound ball in hole.

Clifton
04-04-2016, 01:02 PM
[quote]Elena Delle Donne continues to fight for equality in her sport, recently telling New York Magazine she would like to see the media to refer to her and her WNBA counterparts as

Akrazotile
04-04-2016, 01:15 PM

:roll:

This WOULD be the guy that watches WNBA.

FKAri
04-04-2016, 01:16 PM
yea you don't watch wnba games. women's college basketball for the past 4 or 5 seasons has been way more entertaining than the mens. why???? because you actually get to live through and witness real rivalries....women come and stay 3-5 years at their preferred school instead of play one meaningless season and bolt for the nba.

Now as far as both sports go professionally....yes the mens game is more entertaining. But way faster??? more tactical???

first of all for the most part the womens game is a way more even playing field than the men's so you HAVE to be tactical...its th eonly way to separate yourself from other teams. Hell th eminnesota lynx might have the most stacked team in PROFESSIONAL SPORTS HISTORY and they still haven't really dominated the wnba like their male counterpart team would in another sport....and its because if you come with a great tactic you can beat anyone.

How many times have we seen in the men's game a team play pretty much a perfect game.......very strategic approach just to keep the game close until halftime and then get blown out or keep the game close until the last 2 minutes and then just wither away...yea it makes for a great game and sometimes we get the occasional upset but its usually due to the other team not being mentally focused or just having a bad night and in most cases the inferior team never had a chance and were going up against a far superior team athletically. Go look at some of coach calipari's past 10 teams or what the warriors are doing now.

I agree with some of this. The NBA game (not basketball in general) is tactically pretty shit compared to any sport I can think of. Its largely because the way the rules are set up right now (especially with no handcheck) supplemented by top end male athleticism.

Neither team can really guard each other. There is an athletic break point in the NBA where if you can turn the corner it's basically game breaking. Just look at the faces of NBA players running off of screens; they're in despair. because there's no defense for that.

It's like imagine watching football but all you saw was hail mary plays. The more competent team would probably still win if you extend the game time enough. There's no defense for a lot of things but "hope" the shot doesn't go in the NBA.

Levity
04-04-2016, 01:20 PM
i can dig this.

they do this for youth basketball leagues, so why not the WNBA too?

Captvic
04-04-2016, 02:02 PM
I thought women wanted equality. GTFO. :confusedshrug: They want to be like men so badly.

this

Captvic
04-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Women are not meant to pound ball in hole.

very clever

TYCRO
04-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Lower the rim to show their athleticism. Ironic :lol

TYCRO
04-04-2016, 02:32 PM
I do think it is a good idea though. Not that I'd tune in, but it would make the product more entertaining.

HylianNightmare
04-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Lingerie too

Nuff Said
04-04-2016, 02:54 PM

-Ellen Degeneres

Ruler
04-04-2016, 03:31 PM
The 40 year old virgin is strong in this thread.

How some of you can bring up feminism in a thread about lowering the rim is beyond me. What the **** is wrong with some of you?

I guess the NBA was full of bitches when they tried shortening the three point line.
I'm sure you know a lot about being a 40 year old virgin. Don't worry man, eventually some woman will give you sex in exchange for your balls.

Did you read the first paragraph about equality? And do you watch actual news? Feminism is the bee's knees at the moment. I'd say it's a very fitting topic of discussion.

I'm 18 btw man :rockon: and i don't have problems attracting and getting women

90sgoat
04-04-2016, 03:45 PM

All that talk and the WNBA still looks they mid-grade school basketball.

kamil
04-04-2016, 03:49 PM

MIGOSYNY! PATRIARCHY! DOWN WITH MEN! RAAAAAAAH!!!!

stalkerforlife
04-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Call me crazy, but I get down with the WNBA sometimes for a fix.

I like Taurasi and Delle Donne.

miggyme1
04-04-2016, 03:55 PM

Time for a new pair of eyes then

bigkingsfan
04-04-2016, 03:55 PM
My dream of a WNBA Dunk contest is becoming real.

OnFire
04-04-2016, 04:15 PM
dumbest shit i've ever heard. you want to be consider a basketball player but want your rims changed to look like Elementary School courts?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OnFire
04-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Time for a new pair of eyes then

They want to use elementary school rims. The game is a joke, they are a joke, this thread has to be a joke.

One more thing... women's college basketball is even worse.

That football league on Friday Night Tykes has rivalries too but that doesn't mean its worth a crap to watch. How is it rivalry when one team hasn't lost in 4 years? lol

CavaliersFTW
04-04-2016, 04:28 PM
EuroLeague to adopt this idea next :oldlol:

miggyme1
04-04-2016, 04:48 PM
They want to use elementary school rims. The game is a joke, they are a joke, this thread has to be a joke.

One more thing... women's college basketball is even worse.

That football league on Friday Night Tykes has rivalries too but that doesn't mean its worth a crap to watch. How is it rivalry when one team hasn't lost in 4 years? lol

huh???? anyway moving on along. females stop growing as far as height usually right or around the ages of 11-13. I was shocked to see how pretty much every female looked like amazon goddess during elementary school and then I got to middle and high school and those same females I was now looking down on them like ants.

NOW with that being said you do have women in the wnba with legit "men heights" but again......you have to remember women aren't as athletic and therefore even with the 9.5 rim you still wont see many dunks but I can guarantee you will see more attempts to go to the rim stronger...knowing that and 1 is more attainable. I really don't see the problem and from the guy sitting at home watching the game he wouldn't be able to notice the rim difference.

I never understood why the womens game wasn't on a shorter goal to begin with...they already have shorter games and a smaller ball. It just seemed like common sense to make the rim a little lower.

And this another thing I must say. Take the wnbas best players and put them against the nba's best players. The men would murder them. Ill predict a score of 200-50 BUT....................

YOULL SEE WAY MORE FUNDAMENTALS AND PURE SKILL WATCHING THE WOMEN PLAYING AGAINST THE MEN THAN YOU WILL SEE FROM THE MEN.

setting proper screens, way better shoot releases and forms and proper footwork,left handed leayups from right handed players and vice versa,bigs who can actually post up AND hit free throws, scoring minded pgs that still make teams better etc.

All youll see from the men is alleys and highlights....entertaining but you lose sight of the fundamentals and at the end of the day how can you expect the future of the nba to be anymore more than a kid who wants to dunk,shoot threes and only assist when its a flashy pass opportunity????? cmon son

90sgoat
04-04-2016, 04:59 PM
huh???? anyway moving on along. females stop growing as far as height usually right or around the ages of 11-13. I was shocked to see how pretty much every female looked like amazon goddess during elementary school and then I got to middle and high school and those same females I was now looking down on them like ants.

NOW with that being said you do have women in the wnba with legit "men heights" but again......you have to remember women aren't as athletic and therefore even with the 9.5 rim you still wont see many dunks but I can guarantee you will see more attempts to go to the rim stronger...knowing that and 1 is more attainable. I really don't see the problem and from the guy sitting at home watching the game he wouldn't be able to notice the rim difference.

I never understood why the womens game wasn't on a shorter goal to begin with...they already have shorter games and a smaller ball. It just seemed like common sense to make the rim a little lower.

And this another thing I must say. Take the wnbas best players and put them against the nba's best players. The men would murder them. Ill predict a score of 200-50 BUT....................

YOULL SEE WAY MORE FUNDAMENTALS AND PURE SKILL WATCHING THE WOMEN PLAYING AGAINST THE MEN THAN YOU WILL SEE FROM THE MEN.

setting proper screens, way better shoot releases and forms and proper footwork,left handed leayups from right handed players and vice versa,bigs who can actually post up AND hit free throws, scoring minded pgs that still make teams better etc.

All youll see from the men is alleys and highlights....entertaining but you lose sight of the fundamentals and at the end of the day how can you expect the future of the nba to be anymore more than a kid who wants to dunk,shoot threes and only assist when its a flashy pass opportunity????? cmon son

I heard this argument about WNBA being about fundamentals, but it simply isn't true. I listened to it and watched some games.

The fact is women's basketball is a different sport entirely. Like I said, most women shoot like they are in grade school, sort of set shots, they don't move fast laterally and fall over a lot, their screens seem to hurt the players a lot.

Women's bodies are not built for men's basketball rules. That is why there used be 6 on 6 'netball' with different rules, which was a popular sport for women and still is in some locations.

Most team sports that even do well has a very egalitarian fixed system quality.

That said, if they want to continue WNBA they should definitely lower the rims but that would give unfair advantage to the Della Donne and the 'female' Griner.

Oh yeah and the simple truth is, if you want men watching female sports, looking good doesn't hurt. Volleyball gets it, tennis gets it. Call it 'sexist' or whatever, but if you listen to most women in sports, they don't mind, they want people watching and if that means short shorts then they're ok with it.

http://www.cherryplucker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/volleyball-shorts-16.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/Tcamp5/tumblr_lhbcklIdYv1qbxymoo1_500.jpg

I'd watch Della Donne in booty shorts.:banana:

Nick Young
04-04-2016, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE]

Nick Young
04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE]

Nick Young
04-04-2016, 05:08 PM

They want to put in half as much work yet achieve the same end results as men.

miggyme1
04-04-2016, 05:17 PM
I heard this argument about WNBA being about fundamentals, but it simply isn't true. I listened to it and watched some games.

The fact is women's basketball is a different sport entirely. Like I said, most women shoot like they are in grade school, sort of set shots, they don't move fast laterally and fall over a lot, their screens seem to hurt the players a lot.

Women's bodies are not built for men's basketball rules. That is why there used be 6 on 6 'netball' with different rules, which was a popular sport for women and still is in some locations.

Most team sports that even do well has a very egalitarian fixed system quality.

That said, if they want to continue WNBA they should definitely lower the rims but that would give unfair advantage to the Della Donne and the 'female' Griner.

Oh yeah and the simple truth is, if you want men watching female sports, looking good doesn't hurt. Volleyball gets it, tennis gets it. Call it 'sexist' or whatever, but if you listen to most women in sports, they don't mind, they want people watching and if that means short shorts then they're ok with it.

http://www.cherryplucker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/volleyball-shorts-16.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/Tcamp5/tumblr_lhbcklIdYv1qbxymoo1_500.jpg

I'd watch Della Donne in booty shorts.:banana:

so tell women hey I see you a good bball player but in order to play in this league and earn a good living you must expose your ass???

Yea most women love the opportunity for attention but does that mean we have to serve it to them on a platter and in the process demean them?

Its like going to a crackhead and you say you gonna help change his life by giving him a reality show but he still must use crack...something that we all know can and will eventually kill him. Sounds sick to me

In that case women in the corporate world should wear bra and panties to work. How would us guys be able to work??? Im not gonna lie I work with decent looking girls and I wouldn't mind seeing them half naked but at work???

When an 8 year old girl turns on the tv at 8pm to watch the lynx play the sparks and sees women scantily clothed what does that tell her? Maybe I can do that by Just having a nice body when I grow up??? Idk, it just seems like it sends the wrong message.

Nick Young
04-04-2016, 05:19 PM

That is an absolute lie and proof that you don't actually watch women's basketball.

miggyme1
04-04-2016, 05:45 PM
That is an absolute lie and proof that you don't actually watch women's basketball.

Based on the assumptions of a troll. fair enough??

Nick Young
04-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Based on the assumptions of a troll. fair enough??
The PG's often dribble with their heads down, players regularly airball wideopen shots (despite the shorter 3 point line and smaller ball), they regularly miss uncontested layups and the plays and tactics that they run are juvenile.

Also the low post players exhibit D12-like footwork and an inability to perform counter moves.

The fundamentals in the WNBA game are on par with the fundamentals of an average boys high school team.

Tactically they are about on par.

You don't watch much women's basketball, do you?

miggyme1
04-04-2016, 05:55 PM
The PG's often dribble with their heads down, players regularly airball wideopen shots (despite the shorter 3 point line and smaller ball), they regularly miss uncontested layups and the plays and tactics that they run are juvenile.

Also the low post players exhibit D12-like footwork and an inability to perform counter moves.

The fundamentals in the WNBA game are on par with the fundamentals of an average boys high school team.

Tactically they are about on par.

You don't watch much women's basketball, do you?

based on the analysis of a troll. fair enough???

Meticode
04-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Fact of the matter is the WNBA isn't popular and a lot of women sports aren't popular becuase there's no wow-factor to watching them. They're not as atheletic, there's not as fast or as quick. People watch sports to be entertained. Most women sports aren't entertaining as their male counterparts. The truth hurts, but get over it.

Velocirap31
04-04-2016, 06:04 PM
They can dunk on their mini-nets all they want, I still won't watch it.

bdreason
04-04-2016, 06:06 PM
This idea is completely retarded. Nobody is going to start watching the WNBA because girls are dunking. Also, logistically speaking it would be impossible. How are you gonna supply lower hoops for women at all levels of the game? Parks? Gyms? Middle Schools? High Schools? College? Or is the plan to have women play on 10' hoops their entire lives and then switch to a 9' hoop in the WNBA? :oldlol:

The WNBA is never going to be popular because there are too many superior alternatives. Men's HS Basketball, College Basketball, The NBA, The Euroleague, The CBA... I can watch all these leagues on TV and they're all played at a superior level, with superior athletes.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-04-2016, 10:27 PM
EuroLeague to adopt this idea next :oldlol:

Savage.

:lol