04-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Wilt 3
MJ 1

TYCRO
04-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Op 0

VengefulAngel
04-04-2016, 02:11 PM
It's almost impossible for a current day player to achieve this mark due to the fact that player's tend to play way less minutes, although I'm surprised that the list is actually this short.

A similar sort of stat is the fact that Lebron is the first player who's 30 to have a PER of 27. It means very little in the grand scheme of player evaluation.

Marchesk
04-04-2016, 02:13 PM
It's almost impossible for a current day player to achieve this mark due to the fact that player's tend to play way less minutes, although I'm surprised that the list is actually this short.

You're right of course. If I go down to 2800 on BR, then Kobe, McAdoo and Kareem join the list.

Sarcastic
04-04-2016, 02:57 PM

A similar sort of stat is the fact that Lebron is the first player who's 30 to have a PER of 27. It means very little in the grand scheme of player evaluation.

It's almost impossible in every era to do it. It's not like it was easy in the 60s; only 1 guy did it. It's not like it was easy in the 80s; only 1 guy did it.

It can happen in any era; it just takes an all time great scorer to do it.

Papaya Petee
04-04-2016, 02:57 PM
In order to achieve this you have to average 36.5PPG if you played all 82 games.

It will never happen again.

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:01 PM
p A C E

Sarcastic
04-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Warriors play at a faster pace than 87 Bulls when Jordan did it.

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Warriors play at a faster pace than 87 Bulls when Jordan did it.

I was alluding to Wilt

Jordan's is legit

TYCRO
04-04-2016, 03:12 PM
p A C E
I'm pretty sure your current Warriors are fast paced. Also, as a "warriorfan" why would you be upset by this? This is like a Celtics fan being upset that somebody pointed out how great Bill Russell was.

TYCRO
04-04-2016, 03:13 PM
I was alluding to Wilt

Jordan's is legit
Again, you are a "warriorfan." Why would you complain about Wilt? You are a fraud.

Sarcastic
04-04-2016, 03:16 PM
I was alluding to Wilt

Jordan's is legit

Dude scored 4000 points in 62. Even if you slow it down, he's still gonna score 3K.

Pace really only effects role players anyway. Alpha dogs on a team are getting their shots no matter what. It's the role players that see the ball less when the pace slows down.

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Again, you are a "warriorfan." Why would you complain about Wilt? You are a fraud.

for one im not complaining

im stating the facts

a true basketball fan respects the game more than stanning one player...I would rather tell the truth about how Wilt gained his stats than just going "WILT IS THE GOAT! AND HE WAS ON THE WARRRIORS!!! GO WARRIORS!!!!"

Sarcastic
04-04-2016, 03:18 PM

It's not just him. Laker fans hate Wilt too, even though he anchored the greatest team in the franchise's history.

Marchesk
04-04-2016, 03:19 PM
In order to achieve this you have to average 36.5PPG if you played all 82 games.

It will never happen again.

Kobe averaged 35.4 for 80 games not that long ago. If Curry was on a lesser team where he wasn't the PG and they needed him to play fourth quarters, he would have a decent shot at it. 5 more minutes a game would be equivalent of about 12 more games.

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Dude scored 4000 points in 62. Even if you slow it down, he's still gonna score 3K.

Pace really only effects role players anyway. Alpha dogs on a team are getting their shots no matter what. It's the role players that see the ball less when the pace slows down.

slow down the pace and give him non 1962 competition and take away the skinny key and he is not gonna score 3 thousand points...book that shit all day

wilt should get props for being ahead of his time but you cannot compare his numbers with the numbers of today, apples to oranges.

Sarcastic
04-04-2016, 03:20 PM

im stating the facts

a true basketball fan respects the game more than stanning one player...I would rather tell the truth about how Wilt gained his stats than just going "WILT IS THE GOAT! AND HE WAS ON THE WARRRIORS!!! GO WARRIORS!!!!"

True basketball fans respect Wilt as one of the immortal GOATs. Why attempt to bring him down at all? Unless you have some sort of agenda.

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Retarded Stans who don't know two shits about basketball respect Wilt as one of the immortal GOATs. Why attempt to bring him down at all? Unless you have some sort of agenda.

Fixed that for you homie

Sarcastic
04-04-2016, 03:22 PM
slow down the pace and give him non 1962 competition and take away the skinny key and he is not gonna score 3 thousand points...book that shit all day

wilt should get props for being ahead of his time but you cannot compare his numbers with the numbers of today, apples to oranges.

Until you build a time machine to test your theory, that's nothing but pure conjecture.

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Until you build a time machine to test your theory, that's nothing but pure conjecture.

ok bro, taking away his 6'5'' white janitor competition, having people play proper defense, widening the lane, not having him play 48+ minutes per game, having wilt play winning basketball and not padding empty stats in exhibition styled play...

but wilt will still perform the same he did in 1962!!

:rolleyes: :oldlol:

Marchesk
04-04-2016, 03:27 PM

You're right and wrong. You're right in that Wilt wouldn't play 48 minutes a game today, wouldn't take 40 shots a game, the game is slower paced (although it's been picking up), and it's more perimeter oriented.

BUT, that's only half of the truth. The other half is that Wilt today has all the modern training, nutrition, and he gets to grow up watching guys like Kareem, Hakeem, and Shaq play. He could go work out with Hakeem over the summers. And he gets all that in an era that's relatively weak inside. Also, Wilt's FG% would go way up in today's league. It certainly did when he shot less over his career. He made 68.3% averaging 24 a game one season.

The truth is that Wilt is like Shaq or Kareem in any era. They're freaks of nature with their combination of size, skill and athleticism. Those kind of players will dominate in any era, regardless of rules, playing time, or whatever. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

TYCRO
04-04-2016, 03:35 PM
It's not just him. Laker fans hate Wilt too, even though he anchored the greatest team in the franchise's history.
Makes no sense.

TYCRO
04-04-2016, 03:36 PM

im stating the facts

True basketball fans appreciate each era, not try to belittle the past.

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:45 PM
True basketball fans appreciate each era, not try to belittle the past.

true basketball fans dont let the present get belittled by delusional stans who dont know ball

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:47 PM
You're right and wrong. You're right in that Wilt wouldn't play 48 minutes a game today, wouldn't take 40 shots a game, the game is slower paced (although it's been picking up), and it's more perimeter oriented.

BUT, that's only half of the truth. The other half is that Wilt today has all the modern training, nutrition, and he gets to grow up watching guys like Kareem, Hakeem, and Shaq play. He could go work out with Hakeem over the summers. And he gets all that in an era that's relatively weak inside. Also, Wilt's FG% would go way up in today's league. It certainly did when he shot less over his career. He made 68.3% averaging 24 a game one season.

The truth is that Wilt is like Shaq or Kareem in any era. They're freaks of nature with their combination of size, skill and athleticism. Those kind of players will dominate in any era, regardless of rules, playing time, or whatever. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

I agree. Wilt would be dominate in any era.

I'm saying he isn't sniffing 3k points in a single season in today's game.

Sarcastic
04-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Please finish up building that time machine.

warriorfan
04-04-2016, 03:55 PM

please get some f ucking common sense bro :facepalm

Papaya Petee
04-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Kobe averaged 35.4 for 80 games not that long ago. If Curry was on a lesser team where he wasn't the PG and they needed him to play fourth quarters, he would have a decent shot at it. 5 more minutes a game would be equivalent of about 12 more games.
Kobe had arguably the GOAT scoring season and that was 10 years ago. Yet he still came up about 200 points short. Aside from him nobody has come close since MJ.

Curry wouldn't even come close. Hes at 30PPG, which at 82 games (which Curry isn't durable enough to play) he would still come up to 2460 points which is far away. I believe that Curry is benefiting from his stacked team. If teams strictly focused on Curry because the rest of his team was scrubs he wouldn't do as well. put him on a 2009 Heat team for example, and he's not averaging 30 points 8 assists a game like Wade while anchoring the defense and carrying scrubs.

Only person right now who would come close is Durant (averaged 32PPG in 2014) but even he isn't durable enough or a talented enough scorer to average 36.5PPG over 82 games.
It just wont happen.

Marchesk
04-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Only person right now who would come close is Durant (averaged 32PPG in 2014) but even he isn't durable enough or a talented enough scorer to average 36.5PPG over 82 games.
It just wont happen.

But Jordan was durable enough, and Wilt certainly was as well. That and they are the two greatest scorers of all time, along with Kareem. Jordan and Wilt are outliers, by anyone's standards.

aj1987
04-04-2016, 05:27 PM
He's working on it as we speak:

https://s23.postimg.org/7cka0e5kr/demetri__s_time_machine_by_all_eyes_on_coraline.jp g

Spurs5Rings2014
04-04-2016, 11:11 PM
These Ilt stans get so butthurt knowing their boy isn't a top 10 player any longer.

:lol