PDA

View Full Version : The two defining post-Magic eras for LA: Shaq Era and Pau Era

Akrazotile
04-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Which one did you think was more exciting?

Obviously the Shaq era saw center dominance like we've never ever seen before. It was an incredible display of physical domination, and Shaq was a more-than-willing showman to boot.

On the other hand, in the Pau era we witnessed two different championships against the Lakers' classic rivals, the Boston Celtics. Those championships were more competitive, and thus more entertaining in a way.

ISH, which defining Laker era is more significant to you? The Shaq Era or the Pau Era?

warriorfan
04-05-2016, 04:10 PM
hopefully op will enter the "job era" pretty soon

Akrazotile
04-05-2016, 04:11 PM

http://gifstumblr.com/images/those-awkward-moments-when-you-cant-stop-laughing_851.gif

3ball
04-05-2016, 04:13 PM
i'll go with Shaq's run.

i remember where i was when horry hit that GW vs. the Kings in 2002.. i was an avid laker-hater at the time.. it hurt real bad.

although i also remember where i was for Game 7 of 2010 Finals... i was still avid laker hater.

i go with shaq's run... the horry shot hurt worse

TYCRO
04-05-2016, 04:14 PM
i'll go with Shaq's run.

i remember where i was when horry hit that GW vs. the Kings in 2002.. i was an avid laker-hater at the time.. it hurt real bad.

although i also remember where i was for Game 7 of 2010 Finals... i was still avid laker hater.

i still go with shaq's run... the horry shot hurt worse
You forgot to mention Jordan and then copy and paste stats from other threads. Are you doing alright?

Akrazotile
04-05-2016, 04:14 PM
i'll go with Shaq's run.

i go with shaq's run... the horry shot hurt worse

Was that the one where one of the Laker role players clanked a shot in the clutch and the rebound got tipped out to Horry who sank it for the triumphant win??

TYCRO
04-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Was that the one where one of the Laker role players clanked a shot in the clutch and the rebound got tipped out to Horry who sank it for the triumphant win??
Yep.

Gileraracer
04-05-2016, 04:17 PM

Damnnnn :eek: :eek:

Slayed

Showtime2001
04-05-2016, 04:39 PM
I wonder if OP will ever enter the "post virgin era" but the way things are looking its highly unlikely.

bobopenguin
04-05-2016, 08:51 PM
real question is, who's the alpha of Cavs? Irving or Love?

JT123
04-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Coming from the guy with nearly 4000 posts in the last 3 months. :oldlol:

JT123
04-05-2016, 09:54 PM
On topic, I'd have to go with the Shaq era. What Pau did was no doubt impressive, but he also had a fair amount of help from Fisher, Odom, and Artest.
What Shaq did was on another level though. The amount of dead weight that man had to carry for 3 straight Finals is unprecedented. :bowdown:

LongLiveTheKing
04-05-2016, 09:59 PM
On topic, I'd have to go with the Shaq era. What Pau did was no doubt impressive, but he also had a fair amount of help from Fisher, Odom, and Artest.
What Shaq did was on another level though. The amount of dead weight that man had to carry for 3 straight Finals is unprecedented. :bowdown:

The Shaq era was PURE DOMINANCE. He carried the f*ck out of his role players with Horry hitting big shots.

Pau had Fisher and Ron Artest hit clutch shot after clutch shot. I don't think anyone will ever forget Pau overcoming a 6-24 performance from a role player to win game 7, but don't forget Ron's CLUTCH 3 to seal the deal. :bowdown: :applause:

I'll go with the Shaq era :rockon:

Akrazotile
04-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Great points, great discussion fellas :applause:

bobopenguin
04-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Great points, great discussion fellas :applause:
there was no discussion. it was just one person talking to himself.

Showtime2001
04-05-2016, 10:35 PM
there was no discussion. it was just one person talking to himself.
This.

LAZERUSS
04-05-2016, 10:36 PM

He wouldn't have "carried" the '01 and '02 Lakers to the Finals without Kobe's brilliant play in against the Spurs.

SouBeachTalents
04-05-2016, 10:38 PM
He wouldn't have "carried" the '01 and '02 Lakers to the Finals without Kobe's brilliant play in against the Spurs.

Lol, why are you giving serious answers to this thread

LAZERUSS
04-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Lol, why are you giving serious answers to this thread

You are right, of course.

I guess I am just waiting to watch the Warrior game, and am bored.

BTW, I am not a Warrior fan.

:cheers: