PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news on Kurt Rambis

Knicksfever2010
04-05-2016, 05:44 PM
I heard on ESPN NY 98.7 that Ian Begley reported Knicks looking to remove 'interim' status from Rambis

SMH, I guess Phil is going to blow this thing up. Why bother with a proven winner like Tibs when you can settle for mediocrity with Rambis.

Vancouver-Grizz
04-05-2016, 05:51 PM
maybe it is only removing interim for the remainder of the season....

OR

Melo might not like it, waives his no trade clause...then trade him away and also hire a new coach while they are at it.

:)

Akrazotile
04-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Love how Knicks fans think Phil is smarter than any other executive out there.

But if he names Rambis coach theyll all be like "Omg terrible. I know much more about good coaches than Phil!!! Im a guy on the intirnett!!"

Vancouver-Grizz
04-05-2016, 05:58 PM
In fairness, why spend big money on a coach right now when you know the knicks cannot push hard into the playoffs next year. Trade Melo and have Rambis develop Krip and start building through the draft.

Dr Seuss
04-05-2016, 06:01 PM
^^

Not to mention, phil still has a coach can that implement his philosophies. and they may have been unsuccessful in recent years, but im sure PJ still thinks that type of game leads to championships.... without melo, of course

Akrazotile
04-05-2016, 06:02 PM
In fairness, why spend big money on a coach right now when you know the knicks cannot push hard into the playoffs next year. Trade Melo and have Rambis develop Krip and start building through the draft.

Makes sense. But a lot of their fanbase thinks theyll be legit title contenders next year. Just like they were in Melo's "MVP season" :roll:

FireDavidKahn
04-05-2016, 06:05 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
04-05-2016, 06:13 PM
I am going to point out the glaringly obvious: Phil Jackson doesn't give a shit about the Knicks. To stay he stopped trying would be to imply that he ever gave any kind of effort.

warriorfan
04-05-2016, 06:17 PM
I am going to point out the glaringly obvious: Phil Jackson doesn't give a shit about the Knicks. To stay he stopped trying would be to imply that he ever gave any kind of effort.

True.

The Knicks run their franchise as a business, they only worry about keeping their books in the black and have no interest in actually winning.