PDA

View Full Version : Suns' position going forward

livingby3's
04-05-2016, 11:00 PM
With the emergence of Devin Booker (tonight against the hawks with 34 on 12/25 shooting, 4/9 on 3s, 2 asts, 5 rbs game in a loss), and the improvement of Alex Len and expected return of TJ Warren next season, the Suns have a couple of good young players moving forward.

In addition, the Suns have 3 first round picks this upcoming draft, with their own pick possibly in the top 5.

Bledsoe is injury prone, and Knight's contribution is not value for his contract, should the Suns just put everyone else on the block and start afresh building primarily around Booker, while drafting Kris Dunn? where do you see the Suns in a year or two. Real talks.

raprap
04-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Haven't watched a lot of the suns lately but are they trying to put Booker in the pg spot? I've been really impressed with his playmaking and poise with the games I've seen him play.

Bledsoe and Knight should be traded imo. Good players, but with the emergence of Booker, i think the suns are better without them going forward. Len is impressive aswell.

livingby3's
04-05-2016, 11:11 PM
I think Booker can function as a Brandon Roy type of player for the Suns. But Booker's ability to utilise the screens make his game a pleasure to watch, and a threat putting pressure on the opposing defense. I think primarily it would still be good if he gets paired with a running mate who can distribute the ball well. I would prefer him as a SG scoring plenty. Kid knows how to drop points.

PejaNowitzki
04-06-2016, 12:11 AM
With the emergence of Devin Booker (tonight against the hawks with 34 on 12/25 shooting, 4/9 on 3s, 2 asts, 5 rbs game in a loss), and the improvement of Alex Len and expected return of TJ Warren next season, the Suns have a couple of good young players moving forward.

In addition, the Suns have 3 first round picks this upcoming draft, with their own pick possibly in the top 5.

Bledsoe is injury prone, and Knight's contribution is not value for his contract, should the Suns just put everyone else on the block and start afresh building primarily around Booker, while drafting Kris Dunn? where do you see the Suns in a year or two. Real talks.

I don't see what the point is in drafting Dunn who is largely a bigger Bledsoe, same strengths and weaknesses, especially being turnover prone. I think what they need most is help at power forward and a more traditional PG that can setup guys like Booker for easy shots.

If they end up at #3 as expected, Bender might be their best option. With as young as their roster is, I doubt that they can turn things around in a short period of time but a lineup featuring Len, Bender, Warren, Booker and either Bledsoe or some other PG could be interesting. Sabonis would be another nice pickup for them as a PF off the bench.

SwishSquared
04-06-2016, 01:29 AM
Assuming their picks stay at their current spots (#3/#12/#28 iirc), I'd go Bender, Luwawu, and Cordinier. They can stash Cordinier for a couple years and if they stay far enough under the floor this upcoming season, I'd bet Bender would come over.

Bledsoe-Booker-Luwawu-Bender-Len
Knight-Goodwin-Warren-Tucker-Chandler

I'd bet BogBog stays overseas 1 more year to circumvent the rookie scale. Phoenix can make a decision eventually on which of their guards they'd move.

livingby3's
04-06-2016, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the serious inputs.

Yeah I very much agree that PG position is the least of the Suns' problems right now. The PF spot had been a glaring hole for a couple of seasons now.

To be fair the Suns did realise that and wanted a remedy by chasing Aldridge, unfortunately we know what happen and the Chandler's contract became shit.

Yeah Bender might be a good option going by what you guys mentioned.

Mawly-G
04-06-2016, 01:52 AM
Isn't Dragan Bender considered to be a stash pick (a la Dario Saric for the 76ers). If drafted, he wouldn't come stateside for at least a year or two.

Prime_Shaq
04-06-2016, 01:58 AM
All you need is Devin Booker.

wally_world
04-06-2016, 06:30 AM
Len took a step back imo, but I still like him as a prospect.

We need to try and move Chandler, and esp Knight in a package to a contender. Ben Simmons would be an absolute great fit for us at the 4, it'll take some luck to get the #1 pick but one can dream.

Assuming we don't move up (and Simmons/Ingram go 1/2), I'd actually go with Sabonis or Buddy Hield (splash brothers 2.0?), maybe Bender for a high risk/reward pick.

wally_world
04-06-2016, 06:34 AM
Would Suns/Bulls fan consider a #3 pick/Knight for Butler deal? Perhaps Tyson and Noah/Gibson can be involved too

Bledsoe/Booker/Butler would look sooooooo good

kurple
04-06-2016, 07:22 AM
Haven't watched a lot of the suns lately but are they trying to put Booker in the pg spot? I've been really impressed with his playmaking and poise with the games I've seen him play.

Bledsoe and Knight should be traded imo. Good players, but with the emergence of Booker, i think the suns are better without them going forward. Len is impressive aswell.
When are the Suns gonna stop just trading away their players and actually give a core a chance to grow together?

Not saying they should keep Bledsoe and Knight or both, but i feel like this has become a trend for the Suns

I give it two years and a couple months slump before the Suns decide to move on from Booker too

livingby3's
04-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Suns need to just make up their damn mind and pick a PG to move forward with. They jump from one PG to another ever since the end of the Nash era. Bledsoe, Dragic, Thomas, Knight and who knows who else is coming. They had much bigger issues that they should be looking at.

I agree the Suns should start to keep a team for them to grow together, but I sure ain't keen to have Knight and Jon Leuer on that team.

I wouldn't be worry about them moving on from Booker. For one DBook is the best thing to happen to the Suns post Nash, fans love him now and even Sarver understands the aftermath of dealing him.
Two, the Suns had been patient with their rookies and had kept every promising one. They do need to start paying attention to management and players' relationship though.

SwishSquared
04-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Isn't Dragan Bender considered to be a stash pick (a la Dario Saric for the 76ers). If drafted, he wouldn't come stateside for at least a year or two.Apparently has a $1M buyout this summer and NBA teams can contribute up to like $650K. So, if he's willing to at most forego $350K this upcoming year he can make the jump. If his team stays below the floor, he can make up the difference somewhat in that manner.

It was thought that he'd have to stash for 2-3 years based on his contract, but it was revealed this week that his buyout is a lot easier to obtain.