PDA

View Full Version : Is KAT better than Anthony Davis already?

Nick Young
04-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Is KAT better than Anthony Davis?

I think offensively he clearly is. Defensively, I think Davis is better but not by much. It's crazy that KAT is only 19.

SpecialQue
04-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Yes.

NEXT...

bobopenguin
04-05-2016, 11:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SWxyN.gif

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-05-2016, 11:50 PM
How is _avis defense better? Is anchoring a bottom 3/ defense impressive? AD has the talent but not the skills, fundamentals and IQ. KAT is better on both ends

Marchesk
04-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Advanced stats say no. So do regular stats. And last season when Davis was an MVP candidate.

But I guess leading the Timberwolves to 25 wins is something.

FreezingTsmoove
04-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Advanced stats say no. So do regular stats. And last season when Davis was an MVP candidate.

But I guess leading the Timberwolves to 25 wins is something.

How many playoff wins does Avis have?

And KAT is 20 OP

Lebronxrings
04-06-2016, 12:03 AM
yes

bdreason
04-06-2016, 12:05 AM
If you take health into consideration, I would say yes.

Marchesk
04-06-2016, 12:05 AM
How many playoff wins does Avis have?

And KAT is 20 OP

This isn't even a real conversation. Last season, this would have been added to all-time worst ISH list or something. But people here have no memories.

r0drig0lac
04-06-2016, 12:06 AM
no doubt

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2016, 12:07 AM
This isn't even a real conversation.

He has the same ammount as KAT so stop acting lile AD is some sort of accomplished player

Dude has done absolutely nothing in his career just like KAT

Thus the only way we can rate them is off the eye test and skills

bobopenguin
04-06-2016, 01:12 AM
He has the same ammount as KAT so stop acting lile AD is some sort of accomplished player

Dude has done absolutely nothing in his career just like KAT

Thus the only way we can rate them is off the eye test and skills

ok. ask any GM:

would u trade KAT for AD straight up? YES
would u trade AD for KAT straight up? NO

there u go.

Fire Colangelo
04-06-2016, 01:14 AM
How is _avis defense better? Is anchoring a bottom 3/ defense impressive? AD has the talent but not the skills, fundamentals and IQ. KAT is better on both ends

Yes, because KAT didn't lead his team to a bottom 3 defense.

oh wait

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-06-2016, 01:14 AM
Towns defense this game has been great. _avis couldnt guard Steph on those switches in the playoffs last year got lit up. Towns shut him down forced him to multiple airballs and turnovers:applause:

BasedTom
04-06-2016, 01:16 AM
He has more heart, I'd say

TYCRO
04-06-2016, 01:17 AM
Yes, and Davis is not even the best player from his draft.

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2016, 01:17 AM
ok. ask any GM:

would u trade KAT for AD straight up? YES
would u trade AD for KAT straight up? NO

there u go.

Dude all jokes aside AD is too injury prone to be taken over Towns

It doesnt help that Towns just had an all time great performance at Oracle

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Ive seen enough Towns now > last season's _avis

Fire Colangelo
04-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Dude all jokes aside AD is too injury prone to be taken over Towns

It doesnt help that Towns just had an all time great performance at Oracle

19/11/4 = all time great :lol

Davis averaged 32/11 against them in a series.

BasedTom
04-06-2016, 01:22 AM

stealing a W vs empty stats and getting swept

hmmm

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2016, 01:27 AM

And they were swept handidly by the Warriors

AD froze out a hot Ryan Anderson and lose the game because he couldnt close

KAT just single handedly beat the Warriors in OT

Fire Colangelo
04-06-2016, 01:27 AM
stealing a W vs empty stats and getting swept

hmmm

Regular season vs playoffs hmmm....

but most importantly

Wiggins 32/5/4 including several clutch baskets in OT.

Need I mention the dude that scored like 33 coming off the bench?

soots
04-06-2016, 01:30 AM
Its hard for Davis to play basketball when hes constantly sitting inside the NOP tank.

Fire Colangelo
04-06-2016, 01:32 AM
And they were swept handidly by the Warriors

AD froze out a hot Ryan Anderson and lose the game because he couldnt close

KAT just single handedly beat the Warriors in OT

Yes, the hot Ryan Anderson that scored like 10 points combined in games 1, 2 and 4.

CarlosBoozer
04-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Brow needs a new team

kurple
04-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Yes.

NEXT...

Is it my turn now?

Hell no. Next year? Maybe

Kingwillball
04-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Idk both are special see how KAT develops next couple seasons. I would expect KAT to average 20-21 with 10.5 to 11 boards and 2 blocks and 2 assist per game next year.I can see him getting a couple triple doubles next year as he is a really good passer and will find open guys if doubled.

Captvic
04-06-2016, 03:36 PM
If I was starting an NBA team, I would choose KAT 10 times out of 10

PP34Deuce
04-06-2016, 03:44 PM
KAT is the true definition of a defensive Anchor like a Duncan.

The guy has a frame perfect for the center position.

Davis is a true PF and if you put him next to a big legit bruiser, you see his offensive skills shine.

At their Peak, Davis is always going to be a more dangerous offensive player due to his ability to simply score easy.

This could be a poor mans version of Duncan-KG in 3 years.

bizil
04-06-2016, 04:07 PM
I know that both are the template for the modern BIG PF to thrive in the today's game. And that's the ability to play BIG AND SMALL on both sides of the rock. U have many smaller or stretch kind of PF's in today's game. Towns can make them pay on the block AND can defend them on the perimeter.

Plus Towns can switch on the pick and roll great to defend the perimeter guys. As of now, Im gonna give the edge to AD. But I think KAT will eventually match AD AND maybe even exceed him.

bizil
04-06-2016, 04:09 PM
I know that both are the template for the modern BIG PF to thrive in the today's game. And that's the ability to play BIG AND SMALL on both sides of the rock. U have many smaller or stretch kind of PF's in today's game. Towns can make them pay on the block AND can defend them on the perimeter.

Plus Towns can switch on the pick and roll great to defend the perimeter guys. As of now, Im gonna give the edge to AD. But I think KAT will eventually match AD AND maybe even exceed him. KG was ahead of his time in the 2000s with this kind of skillset. BUT I think AD and KAT will be better scoring on the block than KG long term.

Segatti
04-06-2016, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure if KAT will ever be better than AD.

fsvr54
04-06-2016, 06:49 PM
KAT is the true definition of a defensive Anchor like a Duncan.

The guy has a frame perfect for the center position.

Davis is a true PF and if you put him next to a big legit bruiser, you see his offensive skills shine.

At their Peak, Davis is always going to be a more dangerous offensive player due to his ability to simply score easy.

This could be a poor mans version of Duncan-KG in 3 years.

You are insane.

KAT is a way better scorer than Davis. He can actually isolate and make things happen.

CuterThanRubio
04-06-2016, 07:56 PM
I think so.

It helps being surrounded by better players, too.

Meticode
04-06-2016, 07:58 PM
No, but KAT has grown way faster in his first year than Davis did. He potentially could be better by next year. His offensive game is way more developed, he just needs to learn the NBA more, which he will.

veilside23
04-07-2016, 09:24 AM

health wise yes.... It's not like AD is miles aways from KAT. on any given day KAT can outplay Davis. I think KAT's game is there already and it only makes it better having KG as a mentor. Davis right now has that KG scenario when he was in the Wolves. As it stands right now i Know that AD maybe 23 but if he is injury prone he may not get better than what he was last year :)

KAT though is just a rookie next year i wont be surprised if he would be as the wolves might make the playoffs .

Kingwillball
04-07-2016, 11:25 AM

Why not ? Better shooter more skilled. Davis is a freak athlete Kat is an above average athlete with better all around skills and seems less injury prone.

bobopenguin
04-07-2016, 08:55 PM
lol so u guys are saying KAT is a mvp candidate now?

lol bros...

aj1987
10-27-2016, 04:19 AM
:oldlol:

bobopenguin
10-27-2016, 06:41 AM
i defended AD all the way, unlike most of u who jumped on KAT bandwagon.
:lol :lol :lol

WolfGang
10-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Nope. Davis is miles ahead of Towns. A true giant in the NBA. Too bad we didn't build in the draft and traded for injury prone scrubs.

juju151111
10-27-2016, 09:38 AM
Nope. Davis is miles ahead of Towns. A true giant in the NBA. Too bad we didn't build in the draft and traded for injury prone scrubs.
He definitely isn't miles ahead.

Kingwillball
10-27-2016, 10:57 AM

Miles ahead no not close towns has parts of his game that are superior to Davis and vice versa. KAT will have plenty of monster games this year. Plus he has more talent and scoring around him so he is not gonna get 20 shots per night.

CTbasketball92
10-27-2016, 11:06 AM
People forget the way Anthony Davis destroyed GSW's defense in the 2015 playoffs. KAT's team is better at this point, btw.

hold this L
10-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Miles ahead no not close towns has parts of his game that are superior to Davis and vice versa. KAT will have plenty of monster games this year. Plus he has more talent and scoring around him so he is not gonna get 20 shots per night.
KAT is not in the same league as AD, stop. KAT will not have a single game as good as AD just had this entire season. The only thing stopping AD from being a top 5 player in the league is injuries. KAT isn't even top 25 at the moment, though I suspect he breaks the barrier this season if he improves. :pimp: He's like the Arjen Robben of the NBA, hopefully AD's injury history is better throughout his career. We don't know if KAT will ever be a top 5 player in the NBA and if he does, how long it takes him.

I'm a fan of KAT whose easily the best talent of a great draft season from last year, but people need to tone down the crazy expectations.

Also to the people who thought KAT > AD

https://media.giphy.com/media/fjXSwNcLyADjG/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduPQqbpT1LqVOz6/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlDg9xCUbt3jILS/giphy.gif

juju151111
10-27-2016, 11:25 AM
KAT is not in the same league as AD, stop. KAT will not have a single game as good as AD just had this entire season. The only thing stopping AD from being a top 5 player in the league is injuries. KAT isn't even top 25 at the moment, though I suspect he breaks the barrier this season if he improves. :pimp: He's like the Arjen Robben of the NBA, hopefully AD's injury history is better throughout his career. We don't know if KAT will ever be a top 5 player in the NBA and if he does, how long it takes him.

I'm a fan of KAT whose easily the best talent of a great draft season from last year, but people need to tone down the crazy expectations.

Also to the people who thought KAT > AD

https://media.giphy.com/media/fjXSwNcLyADjG/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduPQqbpT1LqVOz6/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlDg9xCUbt3jILS/giphy.gif
Kat has a better team so obviously he won't, but lets calm down because of one game of the season. Is joe johnson going to averge 29 ppg too? Lets get back to this topic 25-30 games. Kat is definitely top 20 last season. Your crazy

ISHGoat
10-27-2016, 11:25 AM
The overreactions are amazing.

It was the first game. Lets at least wait a month before making such extreme judgements.

hold this L
10-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Kat has a better team so obviously he won't, but lets calm down because of one game of the season. Is joe johnson going to averge 29 ppg too? Lets get back to this topic 25-30 games.
KAT has a huge ceiling and may in the future pass AD. Who knows. I'm addressing the people who thought that this is already the case. And KAT won't have a better season than AD if he's fit this season.

juju151111
10-27-2016, 11:35 AM
KAT has a huge ceiling and may in the future pass AD. Who knows. I'm addressing the people who thought that this is already the case. And KAT won't have a better season than AD if he's fit this season.
Name me the 25 players better then Kat last season. We don't know because the season is one day old.

Frenetic
10-27-2016, 01:48 PM
after seeing AD's performance vs the nuggest id say definately not. shame AD has to carry a bunch of scrubs.

ball247
10-28-2016, 05:40 AM
Is KAT better than Anthony Davis?

I think offensively he clearly is. Defensively, I think Davis is better but not by much. It's crazy that KAT is only 19.

I honestly can't figure out without looking who is on the pelicans other the Unibrow and buddy hield