PDA

View Full Version : PEnes Kantcer the worst defender in the league?

warriorfan
04-07-2016, 05:27 AM
6 man of the year no way he is the worst defender in the league

Lebron23
04-07-2016, 05:58 AM
I agree.

Spurs m8
04-07-2016, 05:58 AM
Its Anus Cancer tbh

brownmamba00
04-07-2016, 06:00 AM
dropped 33/20 last nite doe

GOATJono
04-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Its gotta be Jamal Crawford.

aj1987
04-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Dirk, Dragic, Barea, and a couple of others are equally bad.

StephHamann
04-07-2016, 06:23 AM
Dirk, Dragic, and a couple of others are equally bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqhoE3a42X8

still good enough for James Haren

aj1987
04-07-2016, 06:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqhoE3a42X8

still good enough for James Haren
Great play by Dirk, but did you listen to the commentators? Even they were surprised AF.

StephHamann
04-07-2016, 06:29 AM
Great play by Dirk, but did you listen to the commentators? Even they were surprised AF.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-07-2016/sP9oQJ.gif

I know, Dirk played center in the 4th quarter and Dallas could defend a 1 point lead for nearly 2 minutes. :roll:

masonanddixon
04-07-2016, 06:33 AM
Dirk, Dragic, Barea, and a couple of others are equally bad.

lol at this clown just listing white players.

Not one of those guys is below average on defense.

aj1987
04-07-2016, 07:16 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-07-2016/sP9oQJ.gif

I know, Dirk played center in the 4th quarter and Dallas could defend a 1 point lead for nearly 2 minutes. :roll:
Props to Dirk for making that huge defensive play. :applause:

lol at this clown just listing white players.

Not one of those guys is below average on defense.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

They suck. Deal with it.

warriorfan
04-07-2016, 02:17 PM
AJ what are you talking about...Dirk isn't very athletic but that doesn't mean he is a poor defender

For majority of his career Dirk had to lead his team in blocks while he played with centers like Eric Dampier and shit. Finally when Dirk got a good defensive teammate like Tyson Chandler in 2011 his defense was fantastic. Dirk isn't going to anchor a top defense but can be a great defender while in a complementary role. He is not a poor defender never the less one of the worst in the league.

aj1987
04-07-2016, 04:22 PM
AJ what are you talking about...Dirk isn't very athletic but that doesn't mean he is a poor defender

For majority of his career Dirk had to lead his team in blocks while he played with centers like Eric Dampier and shit. Finally when Dirk got a good defensive teammate like Tyson Chandler in 2011 his defense was fantastic. Dirk isn't going to anchor a top defense but can be a great defender while in a complementary role. He is not a poor defender never the less one of the worst in the league.
Logged into the wrong account? :oldlol:

I always said the same and I still maintain it. You can't judge a players' defense off of stats. According to stats, Whiteside should be the DPOY, but Winslow has more impact than Whiteside on the defensive end. Same with Curry. All the defensive stats favor him. I'm not saying he's a bad defender, but he's average or above average at best.

Same goes for Dirk. Dude is one of the best offensive players ever. Top 20 offensive player in the history of the game. Doesn't mean that he's a good defender. Again, at his BEST, EVER, Dirk has been an above average defender. Right now, he's basically a traffic cone. Sad, but it's a fact.

Fudge
04-07-2016, 04:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngFLl9at4mc

6 man like E-Nes, 2 girls and they get along like I'm... (Eeeeee)
Like I'm E-Nes, I just got the new deal

FreezingTsmoove
04-07-2016, 04:30 PM
I had the misfortune of watching A LOT of brooklyn nets games this year since I get them on cable

You can pick anyone from that team honestly

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Logged into the wrong account? :oldlol:

I always said the same and I still maintain it. You can't judge a players' defense off of stats. According to stats, Whiteside should be the DPOY, but Winslow has more impact than Whiteside on the defensive end. Same with Curry. All the defensive stats favor him. I'm not saying he's a bad defender, but he's average or above average at best.

Same goes for Dirk. Dude is one of the best offensive players ever. Top 20 offensive player in the history of the game. Doesn't mean that he's a good defender. Again, at his BEST, EVER, Dirk has been an above average defender. Right now, he's basically a traffic cone. Sad, but it's a fact.

Dirk is a top 10 offensive player ever and he was a good defender in his prime. Elite post defender, got back in transition and at 7ft contesting he blew up alot of easy transition buckets after going back after shooting a 3 (he basically killed Miamis transition game in 11 Finals and he was the best rebounder in the series which nikkas forget), one of the best defensive rebounders in playoff history, great at contesting/closing out to shooters, . His lateral quickness and perimeter D was always a problem but Dallas always had garbage perimeter defense in his prime before Matrix/Kidd that made his defense look worse than it actually was. Hes a mediocre defender (he was clearly worse last season and was bad last season on D) now but has occasional good games on D. Hes not nearly as bad as being bottom 5 like u say tho

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Clearly worse defenders than Dirk this season: Canter, Ion Wait, Wiggins, Monroe, Barea, Caleron, Haren, Lillar, Love, Kyrie, Bargnani, Jonas, Geral Green, Jason Terry, IT, Ben Macklemore, Boban, Knight, Kobe and most of Lakers players in general, Fournier, Felton, Eron Williams, Jennings, Tony, Rajon, Steph, Lee, Teague, Jameer, Lavine, Larkin etc

honestly Dirk is hardly worse than Wade if at all on defense this season. Wades been sht and only plays D the last couple minutes. Hes been blessed to being playing with top defenders in Bosh, Whiteside, Winslow, Deng etc

makes no sense how Mavs are a middling defense if Barea AND Dirk are two of the worst defenders there. DWill and Felton worse than Dirk on D too. Those 4 played a huge chunk of Mavs minutes this season................they should be a bottom defense. I hope u dont think Wes and Parsons have been an elite defender this season or that Zaza is a DPOY candidate :lol:

Dirks been mediocre on D, not bad and certainly not bottom of the league bad.

sd3035
04-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Harden and Lebron are clearly worse

warriorfan
04-07-2016, 05:24 PM
aj seriously doesnt know shit about ball

aj1987
04-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Dirk is a top 10 offensive player ever
:roll:

and he was a good defender in his prime. Elite post defender

he basically killed Miamis transition game in 11 Finals and he was the best rebounder in the series which nikkas forget
You do know that the Mav's would've gotten swept if Wade made that 3, right?

one of the best defensive rebounders in playoff history

great at contesting/closing out to shooters,

Have you ever actually seen Dirk play? There's a reason as to why he never anchored an elite defensive team. FFS, Wade at 6'4" anchored the teams defense multiple times.

BTW, more often than not, Dirk lead teams were garbage ass defensive teams.

Hes a mediocre defender (he was clearly worse last season and was bad last season on D) now but has occasional good games on D. Hes not nearly as bad as being bottom 5 like u say tho
:biggums:

He's a terrible defender right now and even DMAVS will agree with me.

warriorfan
04-07-2016, 05:41 PM

You do know that the Mav's would've gotten swept if Wade made that 3, right?

Have you ever actually seen Dirk play? There's a reason as to why he never anchored an elite defensive team. FFS, Wade at 6'4" anchored the teams defense multiple times.

:biggums:

He's a terrible defender right now and even DMAVS will agree with me.

like I said before Dirk isn't a defensive anchor type player, just because a player isn't a defensive anchor doesn't mean they are a poor defender

im gonna just ignore the fact that you are pulling your insane dwyane wade shit into this trying to derail because you are wrong as hell

get back on your meds bro you are fuccing losing it

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Name 10 better offensive players than Dirk. Hes one of the mismatch nightmares, GOAT midrange shooter, arguably GOAT overall shooter, elite playoff scorer, one of the GOAT clutch players, one of the lowest turnover rates ever for an alltime great, GOAT level offball game, stretches the floor at a GOAT level making role players look good on offense due to wide open lanes and open 3pt shots they get, GOAT level post scorer from 08-11

He anchored the best offense in the league AFTER Nash left in 06 with Josh Howard, Dampier, Adrian Griffin, Marquis Daniels, Diop getting major minutes. Only good offensive teammate he had was Jason Terry who was a decent player but hardly anything special.

I hope u dont think Wades a better offensive player b/c he averaged 30/7 or whatever. If u think Wades a better offensive player u dont know sht about basketball, focus outside the boxscore and watch the games

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Check Dirks stats when defending postups he was consistently top of the league dummy.

13 in DREB% alltime in playoffs right there with Duncan, ahead of guys like Robinson, Moses, Shaq, both Malones, Hakeem, Zo

you really have no clue what youre talking about when it comes to Dirks defense. :oldlol: :oldlol:

yeah Mavs wouldve gotten swept if the career 28% 3pt shooter made a last second three for near halfcourt with Dirk contesting it:roll: :roll: :roll: too bad Miami choked including Wade and gave up a 22-5 run to lose at home

you really are clueless

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Dirk led teams after Nash dipped

05 - top 10 defense
06 - 11th ranked defense
07- top 5 defense
08 - top 10 defense
09 - 17th ranked defense, but an outlier b/c Mavs had roster changes and multiple injuries this season
10 - 12th ranked defense
11 - top 10 defense
12 - top 10 defense

yeah Dirk led teams were mostly garbage @zz top 10 defenses:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: and in the mid00s they had sht perimeter defenders too

feyki
04-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Barea is the worst . But Enes is one of them.

warriorfan
04-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Dirk led teams after Nash dipped

05 - top 10 defense
06 - 11th ranked defense
07- top 5 defense
08 - top 10 defense
09 - 17th ranked defense, but an outlier b/c Mavs had roster changes and multiple injuries this season
10 - 12th ranked defense
11 - top 10 defense
12 - top 10 defense

yeah Dirk led teams were mostly garbage @zz top 10 defenses:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: and in the mid00s they had sht perimeter defenders too

u just made AJ go ghost with that last post...kid always rants about how D Wade is a defensive anchor when the Heat would always be mediocre defensively...and also that the Heat's defensive rating got inflated because Wade's heat would play at pretty much the slowest pace in the league

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Barea is the worst . But Enes is one of them.
Enes is worse and he plays a position where its far more detrimental to ur team if u have a sht defensive C compared to a sht defensive PG

Lebronxrings
04-07-2016, 06:26 PM
harden,curry,love,irving,davis

kobe

feyki
04-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Enes is worse and he plays a position where its far more detrimental to ur team if u have a sht defensive C compared to a sht defensive PG

Of course his role important than Barea's . But Enes is not bad man to man defender at least . And he has some physical capabilities on defensive side . Barea has totally ZERO defensive aspect .

Btw , your point is why Enes playing under 25 minutes . He should learn help defence and rim protection . But he younger , he can .

aj1987
04-07-2016, 06:38 PM
like I said before Dirk isn't a defensive anchor type player, just because a player isn't a defensive anchor doesn't mean they are a poor defender

im gonna just ignore the fact that you are pulling your insane dwyane wade shit into this trying to derail because you are wrong as hell

get back on your meds bro you are fuccing losing it
Forgot to log into your alt?

Name 10 better offensive players than Dirk.
1. MJ
2. KAJ
3. Shaq
4. Magic
5. Bird
6. LeBron
7. Kobe
8. Wilt
9. Dr. J
10. Malone
11. KD
12. West
13. Wade
14. Hakeem
15. Oscar

Hes one of the mismatch nightmares, GOAT midrange shooter, arguably GOAT overall shooter

one of the GOAT clutch players
You do know that he was considered to be a perennial choker before he lucked out in '11, right?

GOAT level offball game

Curry and Klay are better offball and they're in the league right now and on the same team.

stretches the floor at a GOAT level
Nope. Not even top 10. Heck, Wade, who can't shoot is top 10.

1. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors | Respect rating: 97.9
Gravity score: 97.3 | Distraction score: 98.4

2. Kyle Korver, Atlanta Hawks | Respect rating: 96.0
Gravity score: 92.3 | Distraction score: 99.7

3. Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors | Respect rating: 94.4
Gravity score: 89.6 | Distraction score: 99.1

4. Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies | Respect rating: 87.5
Gravity score: 79.3 | Distraction score: 95.7

5. Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz | Respect rating: 84.0
Gravity score: 72.1 | Distraction score: 95.9

6. James Harden, Houston Rockets | Respect rating: 83.3
Gravity score: 67.2 | Distraction score: 99.3

7. J.R. Smith, New York Knicks | Respect rating: 83.0
Gravity score: 89.0 | Distraction score: 76.9

8. Jamal Crawford, Los Angeles Clippers | Respect rating: 81.6
Gravity score: 67.9 | Distraction score: 95.2

9. Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs | Respect rating: 81.4
Gravity score: 65.4 | Distraction score: 97.3

10. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat | Respect rating: 79.7
Gravity score: 82.2 | Distraction score: 77.1

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000208-sports-and-racing-nba/70917260

GOAT level post scorer from 08-11
Christ, you're delusional.

He anchored the best offense in the league AFTER Nash left in 06 with Josh Howard, Dampier, Adrian Griffin, Marquis Daniels, Diop getting major minutes. Only good offensive teammate he had was Jason Terry who was a decent player but hardly anything special.
Hardly special? In nearly 1,300 career games, Terry is averaging 17 points a game. Primarily as a bench player.

BTW, Dirk choked his ass off with his "best offense" in the Finals.

I hope u dont think Wades a better offensive player b/c he averaged 30/7 or whatever. If u think Wades a better offensive player u dont know sht about basketball, focus outside the boxscore and watch the games
You do know that an OFFENSE constitutes passing as well, right? Not only that, literally the only thing that Dirk does better scoring wise is shooting. Wade is an ATG slasher, elite post player, and a decent mid-range shooter. He is probably a top 2 GOAT passing SG as well.

05 - top 10 defense
06 - 11th ranked defense
07- top 5 defense
08 - top 10 defense
10 - 12th ranked defense
11 - top 10 defense
12 - top 10 defense
'04 - Top 10
'05 - 6
'06 - 9
'07 - 8
'10 - 6
'11 - 5
'12 - 4
'13 - 9
'16 - 8

Dude is still the second best defender on the team at 34 and way past his prime.

u just made AJ go ghost with that last post...kid always rants about how D Wade is a defensive anchor when the Heat would always be mediocre defensively...and also that the Heat's defensive rating got inflated because Wade's heat would play at pretty much the slowest pace in the league
Hey, I know you're an autistic kid, but I'm here to help you learn. :cheers:

Defensive Rating (available since the 1973-74 season in the NBA); for players and teams it is points allowed per 100 posessions. This rating was developed by Dean Oliver, author of Basketball on Paper. Please see the article Calculating Individual Offensive and Defensive Ratings for more information.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Half those guys are worse than Dirk on offense especially 8-15. Lol at wilts statpadding ass avging 22 in playoffs or Wade who never anchored a top O without Shaq.bran being Bette offensively

Strawman using Wades heat defensive numbers I never said Dirk was better defensively than Wade in their primes. YOU said dirk mostly played on garbage defenses and you were WRONG

You laughed about dirks defensive rebounding and was WRONG again lol you're ignorant on Dirks skillset
And lmfao at Wade being the 2nd best defender on the heat. Delusional as fck. deng, bosh, Whiteside, Winslow are all more important and better defenders

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Wait hold up u think Wade was a better post player than Dirk:roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm out this dude is beyond delusional. He's prolly one of those fakkits who thinks Wade would've been top 10 alltime without injury problems:oldlol:

feyki
04-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Only Jordan,Steph,Oscar,Magic,Nash,Lebron and Kareem had better offensive force than Peak/Prime Dirk in nba history . Shaq,Mikan,Bird and Wilt debatable . Of course if you do look on raw stats and high volume scoring stuffs , you can't see that .

And nobody said Dirk better defender than Wade . Dirk was good defender before 2007 . Wade was elite level . Some people don't realize that but if Wade had great longevity , he would be in totally different status .

aj1987
04-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Half those guys are worse than Dirk on offense especially 8-15. Lol at wilts statpadding ass avging 22 in playoffs or Wade who never anchored a top O without Shaq.bran being Bette offensively

8. Wilt
9. Dr. J
10. Malone
11. KD
12. West
13. Wade
14. Hakeem
15. Oscar

You really those guys were worse than Dirk offensively? I'm actually quite surprised though. You stan perennial chokers and mental midgets. How do you not stan Wilt?

Wilt averaged 30 a game.
Dr. J averaged 24 a game.
Malone is the 2nd highest scorer ever.
KD has like 5 scoring titles.
West averages like 26 a game.
Hakeem basically taught Kobe how to play in the post is considered to be one of the greatest scoring C's ever.
Oscar averaged 30 a game with 11 APG.

Strawman using Wades heat defensive numbers I never said Dirk was better defensively than Wade in their primes. YOU said dirk mostly played on garbage defenses and you were WRONG
No, I didn't, retard. I said he never anchored an elite defense. That's a FACT.

And lmfao at Wade being the 2nd best defender on the heat. Delusional as fck. deng, bosh, Whiteside, Winslow are all more important and better defenders
Watch the team play, retard.

Bosh has never in his career been a better defensive player than Wade. We're talking about a guy who made Roy Hibbert look like Shaq, BTW.

Wade: -2.0%
Whiteside: -2.8%
Winslow: -1.3
Bosh: +0.7%
Deng: +1.8%

Those are the numbers for their +/- FG% while being guarded by the players, compared to the league average.

Try harder, kid. I'm posting FACTS and all you're doing is melting down.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 07:03 PM

This dude is melting down so hard he's forgetting his posts from an hour ago:roll: :roll: :roll:

StephHamann
04-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Durant is not even the clear cut alpha dog on his own team after 7 years.

Durant is maybe top 5 in cuckolds alltime

feyki
04-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Of course if you do look on raw stats and high volume scoring stuffs , you can't see that .

Wilt averaged 30 a game.
Dr. J averaged 24 a game.
Malone is the 2nd highest scorer ever.
KD has like 5 scoring titles.
West averages like 26 a game.
Hakeem basically taught Kobe how to play in the post is considered to be one of the greatest scoring C's ever.
Oscar averaged 30 a game with 11 APG.

Damn , i can see the future :crazysam:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Damn , i can see the future :crazysam:

Funny how much he talks about pace then mentions Wilts PPG and Oscars inflated numbers.

Dirk would've been the 2nd leading scorer of alltime too of he had Stockton spoon-feeding him for 15 years. Dirk is a much more well-rounded and skilled and effective scorer than Karl. If u actually watched Karl play he struggled in isolation cause he only had that fall away jumper and if it wasn't falling he would play terrible. When game slowed down and he couldn't get the easy transition and open Stockton buckets at the rim his numbers fell. Meanwhile dirks numbers get BETTER in playoffs

aj1987
04-07-2016, 07:12 PM
This dude is melting down so hard he's forgetting his posts from an hour ago:roll: :roll: :roll:
In his 18 year career, a SINGLE team with Dirk on it was a good defensive team.

How do you not understand simple English, dude? Inner city school, I'm assuming.

As I said, I keep presenting facts and you keep melting down.

Dirk would've been the 2nd leading scorer of alltime too of he had Stockton spoon-feeding him for 15 years. Dirk is a much more well-rounded and skilled and effective scorer than Karl. If u actually watched Karl play he struggled in isolation cause he only had that fall away jumper and if it wasn't falling he would play terrible. When game slowed down and he couldn't get the easy transition and open Stockton buckets at the rim his numbers fell. Meanwhile dirks numbers get BETTER in playoffs
:roll: :roll:

Would've, should've, could've. If Wade does get injured in '05 and doesn't miss the 3 in '11, he'd have 5 rings and 3 FMVP's. Dirk would still be known as a perennial choker.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2016, 07:19 PM
This dude keeps swichting goalposts:roll: :roll: A top 5 defense is elite and a top 10 defense is good. LOL @ saying otherwise

you got caught forgetting what u posted u dummy. since when are top 10 defenses garbage @zz defenses?

MELTDOWN:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

and its not wouldve, couldve, shouldve its called context. When u have a top 5 playmaker of alltime for 15 years of ur career ur total points are gonna be inflated. Karl had no post game and sht iso skills. Dirks a much better shooter and scorer than him and the playoffs showed it. Same with Wilt and DrJ

feyki
04-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Funny how much he talks about pace then mentions Wilts PPG and Oscars inflated numbers.

Karl wasn't close to Dirk offensively . It's not debatable .

Oscar was clearly better imo . He's goat candidate offensive player in my mind . But Wilt ? I'm not sure . 65-68 Wilt seems better but Younger or Older Wilt waan't . 50 points , pehhh . On 130 poss and with %70 assisted points . That's not a big deal when you looked detailed .

aj1987
04-07-2016, 07:34 PM
This dude keeps swichting goalposts:roll: :roll: A top 5 defense is elite and a top 10 defense is good. LOL @ saying otherwise

you got caught forgetting what u posted u dummy. since when are top 10 defenses garbage @zz defenses?
Stop melting down, retard.

5 top 10 defenses in 18 seasons in the league. :roll: :roll:

and its not wouldve, couldve, shouldve its called context. When u have a top 5 playmaker of alltime for 15 years of ur career ur total points are gonna be inflated. Karl had no post game and sht iso skills. Dirks a much better shooter and scorer than him and the playoffs showed it. Same with Wilt and DrJ
The best sample I could actually find was form the '98 season. Malone averaged 25/11/4/1/1 on 52% without Stockton in 18 games.

13/9/4/1/1 on 48% at 40 years old as basically the 3rd option behind Shaq and Chuckbe.

:roll: :roll: @ you talking about Malone's game. Kid, you have literally no idea what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure that you're a boxscore watcher. You don't even know the definition of the word offense.