PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller Top 10 Plays of Career

Lebron23
04-07-2016, 07:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs5VwW76FVA&nohtml5=False

It's Miller time. One of my favorite players, and best shooter of all time.

plowking
04-07-2016, 07:41 AM
There were so many better SG's during his time, yet somehow he out of most of them has remained the one that gets praise, and constantly talked about. Bizarre really.

I think it could be largely due to the fact that he became somewhat of an icon or notorious talker, hence became more relevant. Same way in which Iverson is at times talked about more than other better SG's.

SpaceJam
04-07-2016, 09:02 AM
Never really been a fan, also the fact his terrible at commentating/basketball discussions doesn't help his cause

jstern
04-07-2016, 09:02 AM
There were so many better SG's during his time, yet somehow he out of most of them has remained the one that gets praise, and constantly talked about. Bizarre really.

I think it could be largely due to the fact that he became somewhat of an icon or notorious talker, hence became more relevant. Same way in which Iverson is at times talked about more than other better SG's.

He was always in the playoffs as his team best player.

kurple
04-07-2016, 09:09 AM

What better SG's?

JohnnySic
04-07-2016, 09:14 AM

That's correct; Miller was iconic. He carried himself like a superstar, and he had many memorable moments.

Someone like Mitch Richmond was a better player, but not as memorable (playing on a bad team plays into that). Ray Allen was a better player than Miller but was more low key so he's perceived differently.

CP3PO
04-07-2016, 09:15 AM
One of the best shooters (not the best) and one of the most clutch shooters of all time. :applause:

Lebron23
04-07-2016, 09:17 AM
He'll be an MVP Caliber player in today's rules. A 6'7" Stephen Curry.

CP3PO
04-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Is this because of Reggie's INSANE handles? :hammerhead:

plowking
04-07-2016, 09:52 AM
What better SG's?

Umm, plenty?

Mitch Richmond, Sprewell, Drexler, Petrovic, etc.

Plenty more if you consider past his prime. You had a lot of guys that played that SG/SF mix as well, who were better too.

plowking
04-07-2016, 09:53 AM

No he wouldn't. Dude is a slightly better Kevin Martin. Not as good a scorer, but you get the point.

Lebron23
04-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Is this because of Reggie's INSANE handles? :hammerhead:

Because of the Hand check rules.

CP3PO
04-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Umm, plenty?

Plenty more if you consider past his prime. You had a lot of guys that played that SG/SF mix as well, who were better too.
:no:

CP3PO
04-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Because of the Hand check rules.
Taking away hand check does not suddenly give Reggie all the abilities Curry has. It improve his 3s off the dribble, but it doesn't give him the same dribbling abilities that Curry has to truly get off the same shots anyway. This era favors 3 point shooters off the dribble. Reggie was better off ball and doing catch and shoot. He improves, but not to Curry's ability.

jstern
04-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Taking away hand check does not suddenly give Reggie all the abilities Curry has. It improve his 3s off the dribble, but it doesn't give him the same dribbling abilities that Curry has to truly get off the same shots anyway. This era favors 3 point shooters off the dribble. Reggie was better off ball and doing catch and shoot. He improves, but not to Curry's ability.

I saw a few or Reggie Miller videos a couple of weeks ago and I just loved his one on one game. It was similar to Jordan's in that it involved a lot of fakes quick dribbles, and getting off a shot quickly, with little over dribbling. With the spacing, and no hand checking, height, I'm sure he would do a lot better in today's league.

But I guess he can't have his own style, because from your post it seems like he has to have Curry's exact game in order to succeed.

Lebron23
04-07-2016, 10:18 AM
I saw a few or Reggie Miller videos a couple of weeks ago and I just loved his one on one game. It was similar to Jordan's in that it involved a lot of fakes quick dribbles, and getting off a shot quickly, with little over dribbling. With the spacing, and no hand checking, height, I'm sure he would do a lot better in today's league.

But I guess he can't have his own style, because from your post it seems like he has to have Curry's exact game in order to succeed.

Solid Posts. Miller had some pretty nice moves, and a good handles for a 6'7" shooting guard.

stalkerforlife
04-07-2016, 10:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs5VwW76FVA&nohtml5=False

It's Miller time. One of my favorite players, and best shooter of all time.

:kobe:

:roll:

stalkerforlife
04-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Umm, plenty?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

andgar923
04-07-2016, 04:41 PM

I stated that Reggie had a better scoring arsenal than Bron a while ago and people went nuts.

But Reggie has many jab steps, step backs, quick fakes, post moves, etc.etc. He's simply not as one dimensional as people perceive him to be. He's also a good slasher and off the dribble as well. But what people don't give him credit for is his IQ. Not only did he have a great shot, he knew how to use it, how to set people up.

CuterThanRubio
04-07-2016, 05:21 PM
I stated that Reggie had a better scoring arsenal than Bron a while ago and people went nuts.

But Reggie has many jab steps, step backs, quick fakes, post moves, etc.etc. He's simply not as one dimensional as people perceive him to be. He's also a good slasher and off the dribble as well. But what people don't give him credit for is his IQ. Not only did he have a great shot, he knew how to use it, how to set people up.

There you go with the outlandish statements!

Please provide evidence to support your claim.

LeBron has jab steps, step backs, quick fakes and post moves too, not to mention he is the best off ball cutter in the game right now/

:coleman:

CuterThanRubio
04-07-2016, 05:32 PM
I found Jennifer Lawrence's fat sister in the video!

http://s14.postimg.org/it8ad993h/chubb.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/it8ad993h/)