kentatm
04-07-2016, 01:24 PM
http://rebeccariley.me/wp-content/uploads/TalladegaNights_NotFirst_Last.png

Dr Hawk
04-07-2016, 01:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1fZ4s0CAAAfIJN.jpg

ArbitraryWater
04-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Lmao, just how it suits him most perfectly....

won alot, but wasnt the best 3 of the 5 times..

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Fans of players with either 0 championships or a piss poor finals record...aren't going to be amused.

:oldlol:

riseagainst
04-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Lol winning without FMVP is the most beta thing ever

Losing in the finals >> winning with no FMVP

No surprise Mr. 2/5 in FMVPs would say this.

dat logic doe

clearly didn't pass middle school

:biggums:

SouBeachTalents
04-07-2016, 01:47 PM
In the end losing is losing, but some losses are definitely worse than others. LeBron's 2011 Finals were much worse than last years Finals. Same argument can be made for almost every player

Dr Hawk
04-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Yup those are considered role players, its great winning a championship that way if you're content being a role player.

But if you want to be considered an all-time great? lol

Winning without FMVP is basically saying you're a role-player

Lebron would rather make his team lose by playing like a role player if he were to lose FMVP though. He is all about trophies, not winning

SpaceJam
04-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Yup those are considered role players, its great winning a championship that way if you're content being a role player.

But if you want to be considered an all-time great? lol

Winning without FMVP is basically saying you're a role-player

Wow every FMVP has won the finals, on their OWN leading a team of role-players! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dumbass. :coleman:

IGOTGAME
04-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Been saying this for the last few years. Absolutely no difference

Dr Hawk
04-07-2016, 02:15 PM
ad hominems, the fact is Kobe is trying to protect his failed legacy by creating excuses on his failure as a #1 option.

Failures as a #1 option? 2/3 says no

Lebron would be #2 option with prime Shaq around too

Bankaii
04-07-2016, 02:16 PM
My Sixers are having just as a successful season as the Warriors/Spurs (whichever doesn't win the chip).:applause:

Kobe talking out his ass again.

SpaceJam
04-07-2016, 02:19 PM
My Sixers are having just as a successful season as the Warriors/Spurs (whichever doesn't win the chip).:applause:

Kobe talking out his ass again.

Duuuuude they hired you to take over for Hinkie? Bro congrats :applause:

Vancouver-Grizz
04-07-2016, 02:39 PM
That maybe true but there is money involved.

a team that makes it into the playoffs are getting paid additionally and if they have a deep playoff run...more money in the bank...

Winning is winning but being competitive has its advantages as well.

MMM
04-07-2016, 02:43 PM
by this logic he was shit for 3/4th of his career which obviously showcases the flaw in this line of thinking.

JT123
04-07-2016, 02:49 PM
by this logic he was shit for 3/4th of his career which obviously showcases the flaw in this line of thinking.
Considering he only won 2 titles as the man in 20 years it's more like he was shit for 90% of his career. :eek:
Baldbe too stupid to realize he just ethered himself :oldlol:

Bankaii
04-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Duuuuude they hired you to take over for Hinkie? Bro congrats :applause:
I appreciate the support, my friend.
Draft picks for everyone! #trustmyprocess

choppermagic
04-07-2016, 03:35 PM
That's how the media and haters treated Kobe anyways. Win or you are sh*t.

In fact, even when he wins, people hate on him for fg% for ONE game out of 7, in which he won! ha ha

stalkerforlife
04-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Ether.

Kobe is the 2nd best of all time because of his mentality.

stalkerforlife
04-07-2016, 04:51 PM
That's how the media and haters treated Kobe anyways. Win or you are sh*t.

In fact, even when he wins, people hate on him for fg% for ONE game out of 7, in which he won! ha ha

Exactly.

Fire Colangelo
04-07-2016, 06:05 PM
In a sense, this is the kind of mentality every player should have.

Sure there are flaws, but I have no doubt that this is the mindset he comes into the season with every single year, and that's what makes him one of the greats.

Sure, in the eyes of some fans its alright if your team loses in the finals. There's always next year, heck your team is probably going to be around for as long as you live.

But for a lot of these players is now or never. They only have a ~10 year window to win that championship and they may never get the chance to win again if they let it slide.

I'd love for everyone on my team to have this kind of mentality, and not settling for just making the playoffs, making the ECF, or making the Finals.

Sometimes your mentality... doesn't have to make sense.

Dr Hawk
04-07-2016, 06:11 PM
In a sense, this is the kind of mentality every player should have.

Sure there are flaws in his argument, but I have no doubt that this is the mindset he comes into the season with every single year, and that's what makes him one of the greats.

Sure, in the eyes of some fans its alright if your team loses in the finals. There's always next year, heck your team is probably going to be around for as long as you live.

But for a lot of these players is now or never. They only have a ~10 year window to win that championship and they may never get the chance to win again if they let it slide.

I'd love for everyone on my team to have this kind of mentality, and not settling for just making the playoffs, making the ECF, or making the Finals.

Sometimes your mentality... doesn't have to make sense.

:cheers: