PDA

View Full Version : What if Miami/Denver drafted LeBron?

Fire Colangelo
04-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Would they win championships before LeBron left?

Miami would have a chance in 05, 06 and 07 with Shaq.

Denver probably would have a chance in 09, 10 with Billups. Don't think LeBron fits well with Iverson.

Genaro
04-09-2016, 12:44 PM
It's hard to tell. This one thing changes everything, including the moves teams would make. Maybe Denver doesn't trade for Iverson, Heat for Shaq, etc.

Fire Colangelo
04-09-2016, 12:46 PM
It's hard to tell. This one thing changes everything, including the moves teams would make. Maybe Denver doesn't trade for Iverson, Heat for Shaq, etc.

Assuming things stay relatively the same.

I think the Heat still trade for Shaq...

Just curious what people think, because Miami and Denver actually were able to help for their star players.

robby712
04-09-2016, 12:51 PM
I've said it before, going to Cleveland was the worst thing in Lebron's career. He went to a place where he was spoiled, where he had a lot of influence when he was inexperienced and on top of that, a shit franchise. Imagine him playing under Pat Rileyon the Heat or with those boys in Detroit. I think from a mental standpoint it would have done great things for him.

swagga
04-09-2016, 01:14 PM
lebeta would've got exactly what he always needed : a true father figuere. Riley would've whipped lebron nice and clean and would've put a real team around him, no more babying, no more entourage, no daddy delonte, no more clowning and no more beta lebron.

Looking at it this way we kinda lost on jordan 2.0 tbh. A mentally tough lebron that would've worked on him game (post/J/defense) from the start rings with shaq and with 10', '11, '12, and '13. That 6 rings and counting. Imo he would've been widely be considered GOAT.

Denver is a competent franchise, but the heat is a true pro organization.

Fire Colangelo
04-09-2016, 02:17 PM
lebeta would've got exactly what he always needed : a true father figuere. Riley would've whipped lebron nice and clean and would've put a real team around him, no more babying, no more entourage, no daddy delonte, no more clowning and no more beta lebron.

Looking at it this way we kinda lost on jordan 2.0 tbh. A mentally tough lebron that would've worked on him game (post/J/defense) from the start rings with shaq and with 10', '11, '12, and '13. That 6 rings and counting. Imo he would've been widely be considered GOAT.

Denver is a competent franchise, but the heat is a true pro organization.

Yeah agreed.

I have no problems with LeBron's basketball skills, but his mentality is just a tier below guys like Jordan IMO.

If anything... a coach like Riley/Larry Brown/Pop would've whipped him in shape.

Imagine LeBron growing up in Pop's system like Leonard is right now.... He'd be crazy good.

JBSptfn
04-09-2016, 07:00 PM
I have a better one:

What if Memphis won the 03 lottery instead of Detroit, and got LeBron?

They won 50 games in 2004, 45 in 2005, and 49 in 06. With LeBron, you have to figure that they win at least 10 more those years, with a chance to make some deep playoff runs.