PsychoBe
04-10-2016, 12:12 AM
:confusedshrug:

navy
04-10-2016, 12:13 AM
False. Kawhi, Lebron, and **** it Lillard all getting votes

Naero
04-10-2016, 12:22 AM
Probably not, even if he deserves it. There's most likely going to be a contrarian panelist who knows that Curry is going to be the landslide winner regardless of their vote and thus is more interested in influencing the runner-up with an undeserved first-place vote.

LongLiveTheKing
04-10-2016, 12:23 AM
He'll get more votes than he did for FMVP that's for sure.

jimmy77x
04-10-2016, 12:26 AM
He'll get more votes than he did for FMVP that's for sure.

Why do you hate him so much:lol He's earned everything he's got, unlike the bitch you stan.

ScalsFan21
04-10-2016, 12:47 AM
He definitely should be the first unanimous.

There's really no notable "secondary story" like Melo's 2-seed with NYK when LeBron got shorted the one vote in 2013. Any vote that doesn't go to Steph is a vote to try to shape the runner-up vote, as mentioned. No one can in good faith give the nod to anyone else for this particular regular season. Any other outcome would be a joke, 73-9 or not.

Real14
04-10-2016, 12:57 AM
He definitely should be the first unanimous.

There's really no notable "secondary story" like Melo's 2-seed with NYK when LeBron got shorted the one vote in 2013. Any vote that doesn't go to Steph is a vote to try to shape the runner-up vote, as mentioned. No one can in good faith give the nod to anyone else for this particular regular season. Any other outcome would be a joke, 73-9 or not.
LeBron didn't deserved that mvp. He didn't deserve 2012 either.

Prime_Shaq
04-10-2016, 02:13 AM
I think LeBron and Leonard can score 1 first place vote each, so I don't think so.

LongLiveTheKing
04-10-2016, 02:15 AM
Why do you hate him so much:lol He's earned everything he's got, unlike the bitch you stan.
You okay?

Sarcastic
04-10-2016, 02:23 AM
False. Draymond and Klay will take votes, as will Bran and Westbrook.

CP3PO
04-10-2016, 02:59 AM
False. Kawhi, Lebron, and **** it Lillard all getting votes
Lillard should not get 1st place votes.

Papaya Petee
04-10-2016, 05:19 AM

66-16 record best record in the leauge
27 game win streak 2nd longest in NBA history

27\8\7\1\1 54% FG regular season
All defensive first team

"Didn't deserve that mvp" :roll: :roll: :roll:
Literally should of gotten 100% first place votes. It's a robbery he didn't.

Spaulding
04-10-2016, 07:55 AM
66-16 record best record in the leauge
27 game win streak 2nd longest in NBA history

27\8\7\1\1 54% FG regular season
All defensive first team

"Didn't deserve that mvp" :roll: :roll: :roll:
Literally should of gotten 100% first place votes. It's a robbery he didn't.

NY media member with an agenda had to ruin it. Carmelo? Really?!

Steph shouldn't get unanimous because you could argue to vote Draymond over Curry.

Dr Hawk
04-10-2016, 08:18 AM
False. Kawhi and Lebron will get some votes

Nuff Said
04-10-2016, 08:33 AM
There's no doubt that steph is the best player in the game right now but as far as value goes? With steph and Lebron, warriors are still a far better team than the cavs. The cavs are far too dependent on Lebron to do everything for them. So with that being said I can see why someone would want to give him a vote.

aquaadverse
04-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Nope.Dude isn't DPOY. He needs that to get unanimous votes.

beastee
04-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Nope.Dude isn't DPOY. He needs that to get unanimous votes.
This. Kawhi and Lebron play both ways. That is a HUGE deal.

PsychoBe
04-10-2016, 09:59 AM
This. Kawhi and Lebron play both ways. That is a HUGE deal.

but think of it like this. curry is going to be the scoring leader, the steals leader, the 3-pointer leader, on 50/40/90, while his team wins the most games in nba history :lol

Overdrive
04-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Shaq and Lebron didn't when they should, why should he? Nothing he does seperates him more from the other "candidates" than the things those two did. Just because he scores his points on crazy threes?

jimmy77x
04-10-2016, 10:21 AM
You okay?

You're in every curry/warriors thread being a jealous f@gg, are you ok?

Fudge
04-10-2016, 12:04 PM
He shouldn't. Draymond will get one.

Durant and/or Westbrook will maybe get one. LeBron will at least get one. Same with Kawhi.

LAZERUSS
04-10-2016, 12:11 PM
I admit that I am not completely sure how the voting took place back in the 60's (aside from the fact it was the players that did the voting), but Chamberlain not winning a unanimous MVP in '67 was a joke. Having said that, though, I believe that the players couldn't vote for teammates. Not sure, though.

As for other year's... '00 should have been a Shaq sweep. How some idiot did not vote for him is beyond me, but hopefully he lost his ability to vote after that.

Of course, you almost always run into some clown(s) in these topics. For instance, Willie Mays was not unanimous in his HOF selection. I mean, c'mon! If he was not a HOFer, then no one was.

Overdrive
04-10-2016, 01:06 PM
As for other year's... '00 should have been a Shaq sweep. How some idiot did not vote for him is beyond me, but hopefully he lost his ability to vote after that.

A guy voted for Iverson to spite the others and thought someone would vote for Duncan or someone else. IIRC the guy was scrutinized(can't remember if anonymously or by name thought).

BigTicket
04-10-2016, 01:40 PM
I think it depends on how the season ends.

If the Warriors get 73, then I think it will be unanimous. If they don't, then I think someone will vote for Kawhi/Lebron/Westbrook.

HighFlyer23
04-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Lebron always gets a vote

Psileas
04-10-2016, 03:05 PM
I admit that I am not completely sure how the voting took place back in the 60's (aside from the fact it was the players that did the voting), but Chamberlain not winning a unanimous MVP in '67 was a joke. Having said that, though, I believe that the players couldn't vote for teammates. Not sure, though.

Of course, you almost always run into some clown(s) in these topics. For instance, Willie Mays was not unanimous in his HOF selection. I mean, c'mon! If he was not a HOFer, then no one was.

In general, it seems like you had no chance in hell back in the 60's and 70's to get a unanimous MVP. Getting like 80% of the votes back then was the equivalent of getting 97%+ of the votes today. Nowadays, you only need to be marginally better and have a somewhat better finish compared to your closest opponent to get 70%+ of the votes.
As for the question, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack really. He's without a doubt the player with the best r.s, but you're practically asking if absolutely all voters are going to vote what seems obvious or someone is going to be on drugs. I'm not sure Curry had the biggest margin ever between him and the 2nd best player in the r.s, either. Westbrook produced some beast stats on a good team and I'm not going to be surprised if he gets a couple of votes himself.

Bosnian Sajo
04-10-2016, 03:32 PM

I am no Lebron fan, but you can't eve begin to argue that he didn't deserve it in 2013.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2013.html

Look at that. 1 first place vote away from being unanimous, Melo getting a first place vote is laughable and a bitch move by whoever did that, but it is what it is.