PDA

View Full Version : Rate Andrew Wiggins' second season...

plowking
04-10-2016, 06:19 AM
21/4/2 on 46/30/76 shooting...

Not bad for a just turned 21 year old.

Dude has one of, if not the best first step in the league. Simply needs to be more aggressive and work on his handle. Will open up his game so much more. Working on his jumpshot as well, particularly 3 point range would help too.

Has great form on his free throws. I honestly see him being a 85% type shooter from there once he figures it out.

Overall a pretty good season by him. Joined the top 5 in youngest to 3000 points. Not a huge thing, but it shows his development at a young age. A lot of people are writing him off as possibly being the next big thing, but scoring 20+ at only 21 years old is not too shabby. Finishing the season off strong too.

keep-itreal
04-10-2016, 06:39 AM
didn't make the playoffs.

Prime_Shaq
04-10-2016, 06:43 AM
I would say underwhelming, I had quite high hopes for him coming into the season. I've been much more impressed with Lavine's development as well as KAT. That being said, the Wolves future looks very very bright.

StephHamann
04-10-2016, 06:45 AM
C+

kurple
04-10-2016, 06:45 AM
Tried to tell people before the draft that he wont be a very good defender. Even if he has all the tools

Nothing has changed yet

raprap
04-10-2016, 07:12 AM
He's on his way to being a very good scorer in this league. Deadly first step and an improving jumshooter. Would like to see him assert more effort in rebounding and defending tho.

To answer the question, I've been underwhelmed. Thought I would see more of a two way player tbh. He's still very young tho. Towns is a better prospect going forward.

masonanddixon
04-10-2016, 07:19 AM
A nice improvement but he's on a bad team so it's hard to accurately gauge his offensive impact.

Not a good shooter and a below average defensive player but he's black so people will just assume he 'has all the tools' to be good on that end.

Ca$H
04-10-2016, 09:03 AM
A nice improvement but he's on a bad team so it's hard to accurately gauge his offensive impact.

Not a good shooter and a below average defensive player but he's black so people will just assume he 'has all the tools' to be good on that end.

:biggums: How about Stephen Curry then? Wiggins has excellent lateral quickness and long arms.

IGOTGAME
04-10-2016, 09:06 AM

are you saying he doesn't have the tools to succeed at that end? if so, explain what tools he lacks and please be specific. Don't give me numbers but explain what he lacks as far as projecting to be a good defender. Thanks.

FireMcFailPlease
04-10-2016, 10:27 AM
B- probably...wish he would've made a bigger leap after winning ROY last year. Still pretty cool to be named the 4th fastest in NBA history to score 3000 points after melo, durant and Lebron

Its definitely KATs team and he'll have to accept the robin role, which IMO he'll flourish in.

sundizz
04-10-2016, 10:30 AM
I don't know where this myth of him being a bad defender is coming from. He's pretty excellent on the defensive end.

IGOTGAME
04-10-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't know where this myth of him being a bad defender is coming from. He's pretty excellent on the defensive end.

I'm very confused by this...he looks promising and seems to be learning

if there is anyone who needs to talked about defensively its Lavine....

Meticode
04-10-2016, 11:06 AM
That's a good improvement IMO for someone who had 1 year in college. He raised his PPG by almost 4 points, improved his field goal percentage by over 2%. HIs 3pt percentage fell off a little bit. It's a good improvement considering he has other players like KAT and LaVine also trying to establish themselves.

kurple
04-10-2016, 11:13 AM
B- probably...wish he would've made a bigger leap after winning ROY last year. Still pretty cool to be named the 4th fastest in NBA history to score 3000 points after melo, durant and Lebron
What about guys like Jordan, Bird, Shaq, Iverson, Kareem, Wade? I'm sure they did it in less games than Wiggins

I'm guessing you mean youngest and not fastest too 3000 points?

DMAVS41
04-10-2016, 11:13 AM
The Wolves have that bad Pek contract....

They won't be good next year, but they could be really good in the 2018 season with the right coach, draft picks, and free agent signings.

They need to figure out a way to add some role players that fit around Wiggins and Towns...which basically just means guys that can play decent defense and shoot.

I still like Rubio on that team, but it's hard when he's such a bad shooter....if you are going to have him...you really need two excellent shooters to play alongside Rubio, Towns, and Wiggins.

As for Wiggins...like his game. Would like to see his effort improve defensively and would like to see him attack a bit more...but that is really just coaching. They have to get the right coach in there.

Thibs would be ideal, but probably not possible.

kurple
04-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Not bad. But also not very good. As he was advertised as coming into the league

JtotheIzzo
04-10-2016, 11:15 AM
It was great.

For someone who allegedly 'cant shoot' or 'cant dribble' he still manages to score 21ppg, and the 4th youngest to 3000pts in history despite wasting a year at Kansas.

The talk of his defensive lapses are highly overblown, the Wolves as a team have a Swiss cheese defense, when the team tightens up so too will the individuals.

Shooting over 40% from 3 since the all star break.

next year he bumps up to 24-25ppg

HenryGarfunkle
04-10-2016, 05:37 PM
IDK he just sucks. 21 points on bad efficiency on a shit team that gives him free reign to develop into the star they wanted out of a 1st pick. Who cares? Anybody with that hype and backing could probably score around the same... and outside of scoring he REALLY sucks. Like, really sucks. So he's a huge disappointment and kind of irrelevant. KAT and Lavine are already more important

TheMarkMadsen
04-10-2016, 05:48 PM
ITT putting up 14ppg on 54% TS is more efficient and impactful than putting up 21ppg on 54% TS

ISH never ceases to amaze me with the collective stupidity of some posters.

noob cake
04-10-2016, 05:51 PM
For some reason, no one is making fun of Wiggins' empty stats.

Two seasons at the bottom of the NBA, stay losing even after getting help from supposedly a 'top 5' PF/C in the league.

ImKobe
04-10-2016, 05:58 PM
He's OK defensively when guarding the ballhandler...nothing special overall but this whole team struggles on that end when it comes to communication...wasn't Towns also supposed to be a defensive anchor? Their Drtg went from 112.2 to 110.0 from last year.. They don't have the right system/coach to get those guys playing the right kind of defense..apart from Towns and Dieng, no one really has a positive impact on that end

As for his offense, his scoring by the numbers is close to what Kobe was putting up at the same age, he's a black hole though when it comes to sharing the ball...

Too early to tell but I kinda expected more from him this season...he was progressing every month last year but it seems like he's still the same player he was then.

Hopefully Wolves lure in Thibs to teach those guys how to play some defense man...they have all the potential in the world on the offensive end with all the talent they have coming in.

SwishSquared
04-10-2016, 06:29 PM
He's had a pretty good year, but I was hoping for more improvement from him. His scoring on meh efficiency isn't an issue yet because he does have games where he explodes for a ton of FTs.

My issues stem from the fact that he doesn't rebound, pass, shoot, dribble, or defend well for a 1st option wing. He's still crazy young, so he has a good chance of developing in many of these areas. I was primarily hoping for more improvement on his 3 ball and off-ball defense. I think his handle will get to point where he's effective to create for himself, but not for others, at a high-enough level.

He needs a better coach to teach him how to properly play D. This team needs a 2-way stretch 4 pretty badly and could honestly use another wing that can shoot and run a PnR (without being a sieve defensively). I'm not sure where they'll end up in the draft or whom they'll pursue, but if they wanted to overpay two young guys, then Fournier and Barnes make some sense. Bazemore would also be a good option to pursue as a 3&D type with the starters.

Rubio-Fournier-Wiggins-Barnes-Towns could be a nice 5-out lineup honestly. Doubt they get either HB or EF, so perhaps that's just moot to discuss.

Cocaine80s
04-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Towns and Lavine>>>

stalkerforlife
04-10-2016, 06:40 PM
B

Doing well. Progressing.