04-10-2016, 12:27 PM
http://m.imgur.com/lLUmk1g

:roll: :roll: :roll: Still hyped for suicide squad though

DeuceWallaces
04-10-2016, 12:47 PM
www.reddit.com/r/movies

nightprowler10
04-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Very few people on reddit seem to be able to discuss the movie without being on one extreme or the other. I have a hard time believing that a reasonable person that disliked the movie would find no redeeming qualities whatsoever. On the other hand, no reasonable person should be calling it a 10/10 or saying that it's still better than anything Marvel has put out (it's different, not necessarily better).

Out of all the current MCU movies, I can easily put Winter Soldier ahead of this. Arguments can be made for Ironman 1 and to a lesser extent GOTG. I would have put Avengers ahead as well, but after a second watch of BvS and countless watches of Avengers, I can easily say BvS > Avengers.

So for me, Winter Soldier > Ironman > GOTG >= BvS > MoS and everything else from MCU.

LongLiveTheKing
04-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Lol DC Fanboys are the worst they can't seem to understand BvS wasn't a masterpiece

Nilocon165
04-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Lol DC Fanboys are the worst they can't seem to understand BvS wasn't a masterpiece
I agree. They prefer fan service over actual good movies.

hateraid
04-10-2016, 07:35 PM
I'm not and never was a DC fanboy and I loved BvS :confusedshrug:

In fact I find it's the exact opposite and it's the Marvel fanboys who always try to shut down any positive revues of the movie. When can we all see that movies are subjective. I enjoyed BvS much more than The Winter Soldier. It's all personal preference

Draz
04-10-2016, 07:42 PM
BvS was good. I believe I gave it an 8.8? It wasn't better than the Avengers, but the second Avengers was TERRIBLE. Not everything Marvel put out is great.

D-Wade316
04-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Ahh I always prefer watching DC over Marvel, especially Nolan's trilogy and it's last 2 films which I consider masterpieces, yet I came out of the theater thinking BvS was POS. :confusedshrug:

Nilocon165
04-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Ahh I always prefer watching DC over Marvel, especially Nolan's trilogy and it's last 2 films which I consider masterpieces, yet I came out of the theater thinking BvS was POS. :confusedshrug:
Which last 2 films? Man of steel and?

D-Wade316
04-10-2016, 07:46 PM
BvS was good. I believe I gave it an 8.8? It wasn't better than the Avengers, but the second Avengers was TERRIBLE. Not everything Marvel put out is great.
Nope. AoU is way better than BvS, even though I consider it an average film at best. As a previous poster stated, BvS is just too bloated with multiple story lines not adding up coherently.

D-Wade316
04-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Which last 2 films? Man of steel and?
TDK and TDKR.

Nilocon165
04-10-2016, 07:48 PM
TDK and TDKR.
Oh I didn't read your post right nvmind

hateraid
04-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Nope. AoU is way better than BvS, even though I consider it an average film at best. As a previous poster stated, BvS is just too bloated with multiple story lines not adding up coherently.

Nope. AoU was a rinse and repeat of part 1. Ultron was more out of character than Lex. I was more invested in a SvB fight more than watching the Avengers save the world from a similar mass threat

rezznor
04-10-2016, 11:11 PM
aou wasnt very good, but b vs s is still utter shit

CP3PO
04-10-2016, 11:38 PM
aou wasnt very good, but b vs s is still utter shit
And Marvel fans don't really praise AOU anyway. They know it is mediocre at best.

nightprowler10
04-10-2016, 11:43 PM
And Marvel fans don't really praise AOU anyway. They know it is mediocre at best.
Well depends. Some Marvel fans get pretty biased too. There was a thread on reddit not too long ago discussing if Capt America trilogy could be better than the Nolan movies. Some people were legit trying to say that The First Avenger was as good as Batman Begins and Winter Soldier was as good as TDK.

DeuceWallaces
04-10-2016, 11:49 PM
Well depends. Some Marvel fans get pretty biased too. There was a thread on reddit not too long ago discussing if Capt America trilogy could be better than the Nolan movies. Some people were legit trying to say that The First Avenger was as good as Batman Begins and Winter Soldier was as good as TDK.

That's not a crazy opinion.

rezznor
04-10-2016, 11:49 PM
imho first capt america wasnt that good but winter soldier is on par with tdk

tdk/wintersoldier> batman begins> first avenger > the last batman

DeuceWallaces
04-10-2016, 11:53 PM
I enjoy all the comic book movies and think the Nolan trilogy is really good, but some of these people mistake them for Citizen Kane and the Godfather. Jesus Christ. I mean, the first one is a good movie, Ledger was phenomenal but the patriot act commentary in the second was cringe thread stuff, and the 3rd one was fun, but absolutely ridiculous at times.

nightprowler10
04-11-2016, 12:06 AM
It's absurd for a couple of reasons. First, TFA was weak. It was an okay origin stories movie and had a lot of promise with Red Skull but was overall very uninteresting. It doesn't come close to Batman Begins and I say that as someone who initially thought the idea of a Batman reboot was stupid.

Winter Soldier was very good, and I've said that here several times. It's one of my favorite comic book movies. But to compare it to TDK that had an incredible story and actors and won Oscars and shit? That's crazy.

One of the biggest reasons it's not even a conversation starter for me is that so much of the character development for this trilogy happened OUTSIDE of the trilogy. It's not an independent trilogy. CW is significant because CA and his sympathizers fights Ironman and his. What other CA movie was Ironman significant in? Most of the major characters outside of Capt. America in CW and WS were developed completely outside of their movies (Black Widow, Nick Fury, and all the people in CW). Nolan didn't have that and did everything inside of his Batman story.

rezznor
04-11-2016, 12:19 AM
It's absurd for a couple of reasons. First, TFA was weak. It was an okay origin stories movie and had a lot of promise with Red Skull but was overall very uninteresting. It doesn't come close to Batman Begins and I say that as someone who initially thought the idea of a Batman reboot was stupid.

Winter Soldier was very good, and I've said that here several times. It's one of my favorite comic book movies. But to compare it to TDK that had an incredible story and actors and won Oscars and shit? That's crazy.

One of the biggest reasons it's not even a conversation starter for me is that so much of the character development for this trilogy happened OUTSIDE of the trilogy. It's not an independent trilogy. CW is significant because CA and his sympathizers fights Ironman and his. What other CA movie was Ironman significant in? Most of the major characters outside of Capt. America in CW and WS were developed completely outside of their movies (Black Widow, Nick Fury, and all the people in CW). Nolan didn't have that and did everything inside of his Batman story.

yeah but nolan's batman were all in 1 universe while capt america movies are all part of the greater mcu. can't really ding ws for that, they just took advantage of what marvel has been setting up. to me that's more credit to what marvel has been doing, not a detriment.

D-Wade316
04-11-2016, 12:25 AM
You can argue TFA and BB, but not WS and TDK. No CBM comes close to the execution and artistry displayed in TDK. Cinematography, acting, editing, sound m&e, production design. The Russo brothers did a marvelous job of fleshing out Cap, but Nolan is simply ahead over everyone when it comes to world building and character understanding.

DeuceWallaces
04-11-2016, 12:27 AM

Your position is the only thing that's absurd. None of what you said really matters, and if someone holds the opinion, after actually seeing all 3 CA movies, which I presume you haven't, then they're well within, not only their right, but the realm of plausibility to feel it's the best trilogy. The Nolan trilogy, albeit great, has become incredibly overrated.

DeuceWallaces
04-11-2016, 12:29 AM
You can argue TFA and BB, but not WS and TDK. No CBM comes close to the execution and artistry displayed in TDK. Cinematography, acting, editing, sound m&e, production design.

I'll argue whatever I want. TDK is overrated despite Ledger's performance. The ending is cringe-fest. And I'm not even on the Winter Soldier bandwagon.