PDA

View Full Version : Let's not laugh at the Bulls for not making the playoffs

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 01:35 AM
They just had bad luck. Bad luck of being in the bloodbath that is the Beastern Conference. Because remember, their .500 record would be enough to secure a playoff spot out West.

Mr. Jabbar
04-11-2016, 01:41 AM
crazy to think golden state will break the all time win record in the most competitive season ever with 2 BLOODBATH conferences :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

TomCat
04-11-2016, 01:43 AM
crazy to think golden state will break the all time win record in the most competitive season ever with 2 BLOODBATH conferences :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Don't forget going 2/2 while beating down a stacked team in the Finals

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 01:43 AM
There is only one bloodbath conference this year, and it sure as hell ain't the western conference.

Western Conference = unicorns and rainbows
Beastern Conference = bloodbath

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 01:44 AM
The 8 seeded Pistons would be a 5 seed in the West. :biggums: This is a serious asterisk to Golden States about to be record. Anyone could break it when your conference counts 8 teams of .500 or below.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 01:47 AM
This also clearly puts in a lot of context into the Sixers' record. They're not that bad, they are just unlucky that they'd have to face another elite above .500 team every other night. 7 of their 10 wins were against Western Conference teams. :eek:

I think they would be in playoff contention if they were out West tbh.

oh the horror
04-11-2016, 01:49 AM
OP smoking that real good shit. Got this motherf*cker hallucinating and making up stuff. Someone call a priest and pray for this man's soul.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 01:51 AM
making up stuff.
Enlighten me, what exactly is made up?

Real14
04-11-2016, 02:49 AM
Yeah that's why the east playoffs are going to be boring as hell to watch this year:coleman:

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 02:53 AM
Yeah that's why the east playoffs are going to be boring as hell to watch this year:coleman:
You're only saying this because the Knicks aren't in it. :roll:

LoneyROY7
04-11-2016, 02:53 AM
Nah, we should probably laugh.

Bankaii
04-11-2016, 02:57 AM
Solid thread. OP spitting straight facts.
You have to remember though, this is the same bubble bath West James Harden made the conference finals in:oldlol:

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Solid thread. OP spitting straight facts.
You have to remember though, this is the same bubble bath West James Harden made the conference finals in:oldlol:
However, Harden's Rockets are a 9 seed now, and are likely to miss the playoffs. Seems like the West has approved a lot, right? Nope. The Rockets have a winning record against western conference teams (26-24), but have a losing record against Beastern conference teams (13-17).

Beastern Conference stay winning.

Real14
04-11-2016, 03:18 AM
You're only saying this because the Knicks aren't in it. :roll:
Not really bro.

LoneyROY7
04-11-2016, 03:18 AM
Championship or bust season for the Beastern Conference amirite?

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 03:22 AM
Championship or bust season for the Beastern Conference amirite?
Normally I would most definitely agree, but since the Beastern Conference is stacked with elite teams, it is likely that any series goes to 7, which will cost them a lot of energy. That's definitely an advantage for Golden State or San Antonio, because they have it easy sweeping .500 team after .500 team.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 03:26 AM
East: 8 seed is 13 games behind 1 seed.
West: 3 seed is 17.5 games behind 1 seed.

B L O O D B A T H

LoneyROY7
04-11-2016, 03:31 AM
Normally I would most definitely agree, but since the Beastern Conference is stacked with elite teams, it is likely that any series goes to 7, which will cost them a lot of energy. That's definitely an advantage for Golden State or San Antonio, because they have it easy sweeping .500 team after .500 team.

Normally I would most definitely agree with your take...

Except the top 4 Western Conference teams went a combined 91-27 against the East this season and are simply superior to the top 4 teams in the Eastern Conference, thus it will be a much more difficult battle for the Western teams once the semis and conference finals begin.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 03:37 AM
Normally I would most definitely agree with your take...

Except the top 4 Western Conference teams went a combined 91-27 against the East this season and are simply superior to the top 4 teams in the Eastern Conference, thus it will be a much more difficult battle for the Western teams once the semis and conference finals begin.
Normally I would most definitely agree.

However, the Warriors are 4-0 against their likely opponent in the Western Conference semifinals; the Los Angeles Clippers. They are 3-1 against their likely opponent in the Conference Finals; the San Antonio Spurs. Those potential series would go five games, at the max. Look for them to end it quick, purely to save energy. Energy they will hold to use in the NBA Finals. Which is a clear advantage over whoever comes rolling out of the Beast, since Beastern Conference teams will have to play a lot more games to get to the championship round.

LoneyROY7
04-11-2016, 03:40 AM
Normally I would most definitely agree.

However, the Warriors are 4-0 against their likely opponent in the Western Conference semifinals; the Los Angeles Clippers. They are 3-1 against their likely opponent in the Conference Finals; the San Antonio Spurs. Those potential series would go five games, at the max. Look for them to end it quick, purely to save energy. Energy they will hold to use in the NBA Finals. Which is a clear advantage over whoever comes rolling out of the Beast, since Beastern Conference teams will have to play a lot more games to get to the championship round.

Normally what you're saying would make sense, but...

It sounds to me like the Warriors are the best team of all-time (like their record would indicate) rather than the Spurs (a 65-win team) and the Clippers (a 52 win team playing 3/4s of the season without one of their franchise players) being lesser opponents.

Crimsonrain777
04-11-2016, 03:41 AM
the beastern conference is something special this year. i mean think about the top teams in each conference and when they played each other..

Golden State had to literally go through hell when they travelled to Cleveland and managed to barely eek out a 34 point victory in that game.:eek:
and 40 points overall in the two times they met this season. only a team out of the beastern conference; and not just any team, the best team. could put Golden State through so much trouble just to sweep the season series:(

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 03:44 AM
Normally what you're saying would make sense, but...

It sounds to me like the Warriors are the best team of all-time (like their record would indicate) rather than the Spurs (a 65-win team) and the Clippers (a 52 win team playing 3/4s of the season without one of their franchise players) being lesser opponents.
Normally I would co-sign this take, nonetheless:

It is clear to me the Warriors made great use of the fact that they play in the Western Conference, against weak, lottery bound teams, Lakers, Wolves, Suns e.g.

This puts a huge asterisk next to their about to be record. Had they played in the Beast, against elite squads, I could see them fighting with Toronto and Cleveland for the number one spot, just above 50 wins.

LoneyROY7
04-11-2016, 03:45 AM
Normally I would co-sign this take, nonetheless:

It is clear to me the Warriors made great use of the fact that they play in the Western Conference, against weak, lottery bound teams, Lakers, Wolves, Suns e.g.

This puts a huge asterisk next to their about to be record. Had they played in the Beast, against elite squads, I could see them fighting with Toronto and Cleveland for the number one spot, just above 50 wins.

The Warriors went 27-3 against the Eastern Conference this season. That's a higher win percentage than they had against the West.

And they swept Toronto and Cleveland.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 03:50 AM
The Warriors went 27-3 against the Eastern Conference this season. That's a higher win percentage than they had against the West.

They swept Toronto and Cleveland.
Normally this would make sense,

but it is obvious to me the Beastern teams were tired after playing each other every other night. For instance: before playing their first game against the Warriors, the Cavaliers had to play Philadelphia and New York. That schedule is savage, not a good look on Mr. Silver.

LoneyROY7
04-11-2016, 03:53 AM
Normally this would make sense,

but it is obvious to me the Beastern teams were tired after playing each other every other night. For instance: before playing their first game against the Warriors, the Cavaliers had to play Philadelphia and New York. That schedule is savage, not a good look on Mr. Silver.

Hmmm, that makes a lot of sense...

But then what was Cleveland's excuse in the 2nd game against the Warriors when they had 2 full days off beforehand and proceeded to lose by 34 points?

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 04:04 AM

But then what was Cleveland's excuse in the 2nd game against the Warriors when they had 2 full days off beforehand and proceeded to lose by 34 points?
Normally I would acknowledge this remark,

however, I can't help but think that the players of the Cleveland Cavaliers weren't in it that night, as they were already focussing on their matchup against their Beastern Conference rivals: the Brooklyn Nets.

Crimsonrain777
04-11-2016, 04:11 AM

what do you mean? that was a hard fought game and the final score does no justice to the energy and sweat that Golden State had to expend just to beat Cleveland by almost 5 touchdowns. and while Cleveland was playing at home.

but tell me a team that wouldnt play that hard after they hear their top opponent talking about how he hopes the locker room still smells like champagne.

Spurs m8
04-11-2016, 04:19 AM
If the East is so strong, why does it have no title contenders? :confusedshrug:

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 04:26 AM
The Beastern Conference champs will make the finals, your Spurs not so much. Now jet from his thread.

SyRyanYang
04-11-2016, 04:28 AM
Warriors are 27-3 against the East

JebronLames
04-11-2016, 04:35 AM
Making it out of the east counts as championship this year. Winning it will count as 2 more championships. LeBron will be 5/7 after winning it this year.

SpaceJam
04-11-2016, 04:38 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/im_retarded_quantum_leap.gif.

Oh boy :wtf:

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Warriors are 27-3 against the East
This has already been discussed. Conclusion: East > West.

miggyme1
04-11-2016, 12:39 PM

cavs
raps
heat

TRY AGAIN

tpols
04-11-2016, 12:52 PM
cavs
raps
heat

TRY AGAIN

aside from the cavs, 4 out of top 5 teams in the league are out west. Unless you think the craptors, hawks, or celtics are better than clippers with blake, paul and jordan all healthy or thunder with seasoned westbrook and durant .. which is pretty far fetched.

ballinhun8
04-11-2016, 01:01 PM
It has been the Leastern conference for 15+ hears. It ain't changing just because the 8 seed is over .500 for once.

miggyme1
04-11-2016, 01:25 PM
I just hope the bulls organization know they failed the city and wasted a good year of above average talent because they went after a COLLEGE coach that accomplished a few things but relatively nothing in college. Ok so he beat Kansas a few times and won the conference.....never sniffed a final four. smh

Uncle Drew
04-11-2016, 04:13 PM
It has been the Leastern conference for 15+ hears. It ain't changing just because the 8 seed is over .500 for once.
Oh why yes it is.

It is called the Beastern Conference, just an FYI. Please don't make that mistake again. Appreciated.

ballinhun8
04-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Oh why yes it is.

It is called the Beastern Conference, just an FYI. Please don't make that mistake again. Appreciated.

Leastern gon stay Leastern til LBJ leaves.

Then we'll have less colluding in the conference.