PDA

View Full Version : All this talk about forgetting the 95-96 Bulls...please.

Shaquille O'Neal
04-11-2016, 12:05 PM
I'm in my 40's and remember watching all those games. While this GSW is pretty damn impressive, let's not forget all the teams Michael had to face every night and the differences back then.
Handchecking was allowed. Defensively they got away with much more - our watered down league called hard fouls from 1996 as flagrants.

For Jordan's 96 bulls to win 72, they had to face this every night:
Very good Knicks team lead by Ewing (94/99 finals)
Reggie Miller's pacers
Gary Payton/Kemp's Supersonics
The 2 previous years champ Rockets with Hakeem/Drexler
Malone/Stockon's Jazz (97/98 finalists)
Shaq/Penny's Orland Magic

There is no way Golden State even if they hit 73 had to go through more than what Chicago did. Plus Chicago followed it up with a 69 win season in 97.

As of yet, and it's still possible, this GSW is not the greatest team of all time, despite what ESPN wants you to think. Still great fun to watch and Curry is out of his mind good...

That is all.

miggyme1
04-11-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm in my 40's and remember watching all those games. While this GSW is pretty damn impressive, let's not forget all the teams Michael had to face every night and the differences back then.
Handchecking was allowed. Defensively they got away with much more - our watered down league called hard fouls from 1996 as flagrants.

Reggie Miller's pacers

There is no way Golden State even if they hit 73 had to go through more than what Chicago did. Plus Chicago followed it up with a 69 win season in 97.

As of yet, and it's still possible, this GSW is not the greatest team of all time, despite what ESPN wants you to think. Still great fun to watch and Curry is out of his mind good...

That is all.

while I agree with you...don't downplay the warriors competition. The league this year is as competitive as the nba has ever been. You named some great teams up there but you also named ALL THE GREAT TEAMS or good enough teams to compete with the bulls back then.

teams warriors had to face this year

spurs
cavs
thunder
clippers (without bg but still formidable)
Celtics (ended their home streak)
heat
raptors
grizz ( you watched the game Saturday right? without their starters almost beat them...hell had them beat...got a few lucky calls)

I can name more but ill stop

Im Still Ballin
04-11-2016, 12:15 PM
You literally can't compare the 95-96 East to the 15-16 West, just one year removed from a historic conference

Shaquille O'Neal
04-11-2016, 12:19 PM
while I agree with you...don't downplay the warriors competition. The league this year is as competitive as the nba has ever been. You named some great teams up there but you also named ALL THE GREAT TEAMS or good enough teams to compete with the bulls back then.

teams warriors had to face this year

spurs
cavs
thunder
clippers (without bg but still formidable)
Celtics (ended their home streak)
heat
raptors
grizz ( you watched the game Saturday right? without their starters almost beat them...hell had them beat...got a few lucky calls)

I can name more but ill stop

How many of those teams have been in the finals recently?
My list:
Rockets - 94/95
Knicks - 94/99
Pacers - 2000
Sonics - 96
Utah - 97/98
Orlando - 95

Your list:
Spurs - absolutely agree with - the Warriors owned them.
Cavs - Yep, owned.
Thunder - good team, no finals since 2012
Clippers - Never in finals, and blew a 25+ point lead vs. GSW this year.
Celtics - Not since 2010; first round exit last year (although things might be different come this playoff season)
Raptors - See Clippers
Grizz - See Clippers

So other than their dominance of SA 3/4 times and 2 wins vs Cleveland, this is nothing like going through Ewing/Miller/young Shaq/Hakeem/Barkley/Malone/Payton. It just isn't.

SpaceJam
04-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Sorry Shaq

sekachu
04-11-2016, 12:28 PM
My list:
Rockets - 94/95
Knicks - 94/99
Pacers - 2000
Sonics - 96
Utah - 97/98
Orlando - 95

Your list:
Cavs - Yep, owned.
Celtics - Not since 2010; first round exit last year (although things might be different come this playoff season)
Raptors - See Clippers
Grizz - See Clippers

So other than their dominance of SA 3/4 times and 2 wins vs Cleveland, this is nothing like going through Ewing/Miller/young Shaq/Hakeem/Barkley/Malone/Payton. It just isn't.

Exactly, 96 bulls against better great experience team back then

Quickening
04-11-2016, 12:30 PM
90s, watered down expansion era... But they could do hard fouls therefore harder to win... :lol

livinglegend
04-11-2016, 12:32 PM
My list:
Rockets - 94/95
Knicks - 94/99
Pacers - 2000
Sonics - 96
Utah - 97/98
Orlando - 95

Your list:
Cavs - Yep, owned.
Raptors - See Clippers
Grizz - See Clippers

:biggums:
You use years after 96 to prove how good those teams were in 96? You even used the 1999 and 2000 finals?
If that's the case, we will have to wait 4 more years to see how these teams do... smh

livinglegend
04-11-2016, 12:34 PM
90s, watered down expansion era... But they could do hard fouls therefore harder to win... :lol

Yeah, and it looks like only the other teams could do the hard fouls.
Bulls were the only team couldn't do the hard fouls. :roll: :roll:

miggyme1
My list:
Rockets - 94/95
Knicks - 94/99
Pacers - 2000
Sonics - 96
Utah - 97/98
Orlando - 95

Your list:
Cavs - Yep, owned.
Raptors - See Clippers
Grizz - See Clippers

so in your opinion you have to have made the finals recently to be a on par team?? I just don't agree with that logic...so many variables come into play...look at the thunder....injuries have loterally ruined their final chances the past 2 or 3 seasons. look at the bulls.

The competition in the league now is as fierce as it has ever been. I understand Jordan played in what people consider the golden era and gold doesn't rust or tarnish but gold prices do fluctuate in price and if the warriors are able to go 73-9.........you have to respect that...but respecting that doesn't mean forget the bulls...but I wouldn't find it wise to make excuses as to why the warriors accomplished it to try and downplay it.

How many teams have you seen live by the 3 and rarely die by it??? The nash led suns had some of the best 3 point shooters in the history of the league on them PERCENTAGE WISE.....what did they accomplish????

LETS GIVE THE WARRIORS THEIR PROPS.

sd3035
Early 2000s Lakers and current Warriors both destroy the 90s Bulls

Shaquille O'Neal
04-11-2016, 12:38 PM
:biggums:
You use years after 96 to prove how good those teams were in 96? You even used the 1999 and 2000 finals?
If that's the case, we will have to wait 4 more years to see how these teams do... smh

Thank you - waiting for someone to point that out. Before everyone says this is the GOAT team that can only be determined in the next few years.
Thanks!

livinglegend
04-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Thank you - waiting for someone to point that out. Before everyone says this is the GOAT team that can only be determined in the next few years.
Thanks!

you are dumb :oldlol:

IllegalD
04-11-2016, 12:41 PM
All these 40 year olds shellshocked and melting down because their false GOD is being destroyed. :roll:

Prime_Shaq
04-11-2016, 12:46 PM

Reggie Miller's pacers

That is all.
Handsome avatar m8

!@#$%Vectors!@#
04-11-2016, 12:52 PM
OP likes to suck co ck at the back of 711's to fund his crack addiction.

Stfu old man and go to bed you butthurt fakkit.

3ball
04-11-2016, 01:01 PM
The Warriors need 3-pointers to be great - without the 3-point line, or if a team shuts down their 3-pointers (like the Spurs did a couple weeks ago), they're literally nothing.

Otoh, the Bulls didn't rely on any one singular thing to be great - they were just great basketball players, and therefore had greater capacity to succeed in any era or brand of basketball.

miggyme1
04-11-2016, 01:23 PM
The Warriors need 3-pointers to be great - without the 3-point line, or if a team shuts down their 3-pointers (like the Spurs did a couple weeks ago), they're literally nothing.

Otoh, the Bulls didn't rely on any one singular thing to be great - they were just great basketball players, and therefore had greater capacity to succeed in any era or brand of basketball.

on the flip side....shouldn't it be easier to stop a one trick pony???? EXACTLY....

3ball
04-11-2016, 01:32 PM
on the flip side....shouldn't it be easier to stop a one trick pony???? EXACTLY....
If we could find out who was better by having the Bulls and Warriors play all the best teams of past eras, the Bulls would come out on top for obvious, intuitive reasons:

As the competition level continues increasing with each game, the Warriors' 1-trick pony approach is more likely to get shut down eventually than the Bulls' overall basketball ability.

livinglegend
04-11-2016, 01:32 PM
If we could find out who was better by having the Bulls and Warriors play all the best teams of past eras, the Bulls would come out on top.

As the competition level continues increasing with each game, the Warriors' 1-trick pony approach is more likely to get shut down eventually than the Bulls' overall basketball ability.

So now MJ played with great basketball players?
Didn't you say he had no help :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

3ball
04-11-2016, 01:37 PM
So now MJ played with great basketball players?
Didn't you say he had no help :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I never said that - I said it would be cool if the Bulls and Warriors played all the best teams of past eras so we could find out who was best.

As the competition level increased with each game, the Warriors 1-trick pony approach will get shut down sooner than the Bulls' overall basketball ability.

miggyme1
04-11-2016, 01:38 PM
If we could find out who was better by having the Bulls and Warriors play all the best teams of past eras, the Bulls would come out on top for obvious, intuitive reasons:

I didn't ask you all that.....shouldn't it be easier to stop a one trick pony....YES OR NO????

HighFlyer23
04-11-2016, 01:38 PM

Yeah they were coddled by the league and refs

The 3 point line is part of the game as it was back then

The Bulls would likely be lighten up and your bald headed psychopathic hero would fall before a little mulatto girl .... it would be rape similar to what your hero's father did to your hero's sister, ******

3ball
04-11-2016, 01:39 PM
I didn't ask you all that.....shouldn't it be easier to stop a one trick pony....YES OR NO????
who cares

a 1-trick pony approach will get shut down sooner as the competition level increases

that's all that matters

miggyme1
04-11-2016, 01:42 PM
who cares

a 1-trick pony approach will get shut down sooner as the competition level increases

that's all that matters

EXACTLY. OWNED

Chadwin
04-11-2016, 01:44 PM
The West wasn't that great this year. LMA went to the Spurs, the Rockets melted down, the Grizzlies are injured, etc.

3ball
04-11-2016, 01:46 PM
EXACTLY. OWNED
right.. you were

as the competition level increases, the Warrior's 1-trick pony approach is more likely to get shut down sooner than the Bulls overall basketball approach.

tpols
04-11-2016, 01:50 PM
right.. you were

the Warrior's 1-trick pony approach has less capacity to succeed against better competition than the Bulls overall basketball approach.

Bulls offense isnt nearly as potent as warriors .. Scottie Pippen and Toni Kukoc shot 44 and 43 % from the field, but 19 and 28% from 3 ! That is downright abysmal scoring to have from your second and third leading scorers .. The warriors blow the Bulls away offensively 2-8, and are much more versatile on that side of the ball. They also have the defensive personel to guard big or small, another bonus to their superior depth.

HighFlyer23
04-11-2016, 01:53 PM
right.. you were

as the competition level increases, the Warrior's 1-trick pony approach is more likely to get shut down sooner than the Bulls overall basketball approach.

Everybody knows about the deep 3 ball (ironic) threat from them.

Why hasn't anyone been able to shut them down?

They have reached a level where it's consistent and reliable enough to get them championships

And let's not forget that it isn't the only thing they do great

Jasper
04-11-2016, 01:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/15179525/win-seven-game-series-1995-96-bulls-2015-16-warriors

bdreason
04-11-2016, 04:07 PM
The Western Conference last season was arguably the most stacked Conference in the history of the NBA.

CuterThanRubio
04-11-2016, 04:20 PM
The 96 Bulls lost to the Pacers TWICE.

The Warriors have not lost to the same team more than once.

Even if they lose their final game they still have that advantage and technically have the better regular season.

I'm loving these meltdowns.

hiphopfan777
04-11-2016, 08:01 PM

Reggie Miller's pacers

That is all.
I agree. Warriors had to play losers like bobcats,dwight howard washed up spurs team

Spurs m8
04-11-2016, 08:17 PM
All these 40 year olds shellshocked and melting down because their false GOD is being destroyed. :roll:

The best part is watching losers like you with nothing to back up your claims.

You get slayed with stats and all and all you stans do is say things, with no proof to back up your theories, while dismissing the fact you're getting destroyed....you cover it up with :roll:

Add to that the amount of less games any of you have watched, and the fact you don't even really know what you're even comparing Curry and the Warriors to and yeah, no one outside of the mentally challenged ISH crew really thinks these things.

hiphopfan777
04-11-2016, 08:49 PM

I heard spurs would beat warriors at home as well didmt happen. I heard spurs would beat heat in 2013 didnt happen. Lebron owned them hillbilly white boys

ILLsmak
04-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Doubt many people think those bulls were the best bulls team ever, or the best team. That's nonsense. They got ws tho. Expansion on one hand and epic tanking on the other. Both were products of circumstance and I can't believe anyone really thinks they are the best team ever, either of them. If you played an all time tourney I'm not picking em.

But vs I think the bulls would beat the wars cuz matchups. Even tho 1-12 the wars have more talent. I lived in il in 9596 and saw every game that year. The bulls just got ws. Even tho they had talent, their roster on paper looked underwhelming for a 70 win team.

-Smak