PDA

View Full Version : cool Kobe story from the early 2000s lakers

STATUTORY
04-11-2016, 10:13 PM
it's amazing how alpha Kobe was at the tender age of 22 :applause: :applause: :bowdown:

[QUOTE]Brian Shaw
J.R. had been a star in Minnesota and Portland. He was the go-to scorer. He also had played some really good games against the Lakers. So he came in with a lot of confidence.

So one day in practice, J.R. says to Kobe,

Jacks3
04-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Ahh 2001 Kobe...already a top three player in the game and the best playoff playoff performer on the greatest post-season team in history.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bosnian Sajo
04-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Cool story, but JR? Are they talking about JR Reid? Because he was never a star, and never played for Minnesota or Portland...

CuterThanRubio
04-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Cool story, but JR? Are they talking about JR Reid? Because he was never a star, and never played for Minnesota or Portland...

Isaiah Rider

jstern
04-12-2016, 12:17 AM
I was thinking it was JR Reid.

I will used this opportunity to tell a cool JR Reid story.

JR Reid once visited an elementary school with a news crew. And he was there interacting with the kids, etc. Then at the end they asked the kids what they thought of their experience. And they said that they were hoping it was someone like Scottie Pippen.

Might as well tell the story, else JR Reid's name may never come up again.

stalkerforlife
04-12-2016, 12:19 AM
The funniest part to me is that Phil Jackson is such an instigator...dude's like "clear the court, grab the popcorn, this shit gonna be fun."

Great story.

1 on 1, Kobe is the king...everyone knows that.