PDA

View Full Version : Based on playing ball around the world..

90sgoat
04-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Asian style - all about passing and team play, pass the hot potato everyone must touch the ball before finishing, dislike post play, get mad if you play physical. Much focus on harmony on team.

White style - have to play defense and be diciplined. You can chuck up shots, but only if you play D and run back on defense. Quick passing game for easy layups makes everyone happy.

Black style - team is a loose concept, it's all about taking turns to attack and dribbling, little emphasis on defense and dicipline, hard defense usually means playing dirty. Other players will only follow the leader who is clearly the best.

Dr Hawk
04-12-2016, 09:05 AM
White basketball https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrRnWEt3Z4

90sgoat
04-12-2016, 09:11 AM
White basketball https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrRnWEt3Z4

Exactly, the 1986 Celtics are the ultimate white basketball team. You will see white teams play a similar style everywhere. You put in hard defense and use dynamic passing for layups, every white guy knows THAT feeling when a a couple of quick passes lead to an uncontested layup:roll:

Best example of black team is probably Magics Showtime Lakers.

Prime_Shaq
04-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Asian style - all about passing and team play, pass the hot potato everyone must touch the ball before finishing, dislike post play, get mad if you play physical. Much focus on harmony on team.

White style - have to play defense and be diciplined. You can chuck up shots, but only if you play D and run back on defense. Quick passing game for easy layups makes everyone happy.

Black style - team is a loose concept, it's all about taking turns to attack and dribbling, little emphasis on defense and dicipline, hard defense usually means playing dirty. Other players will only follow the leader who is clearly the best.
Has to do with Asians not being imposing or intimidating physically compared to other races to be honest

90sgoat
04-12-2016, 09:17 AM
Has to do with Asians not being imposing or intimidating physically compared to other races to be honest

Young Han chinese are tall mofos, probably still shorter than whitey but they're growing, even in Hong Kong I saw a lot of uncomfortably tall Chinese.

If whitey don't have the size advantage against Asian man I truly fear for our future (in basketball):eek:

Prime_Shaq
04-12-2016, 09:19 AM
Young Han chinese are tall mofos, probably still shorter than whitey but they're growing, even in Hong Kong I saw a lot of uncomfortably tall Chinese.

If whitey don't have the size advantage against Asian man I truly fear for our future (in basketball):eek:
Problems there are advance coaching and infrastructure. I fear for our future in basketball because of what fundamentals are taught at an early age.

razzredazzre
04-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Ditto. Idk about other Asian countries but I remember having a hard time fitting into the Korean ball style when I played a couple pick-up games in Korea. They were yelling at me for not passing "enough". I mean I thought you were supposed to shoot when open but apparently not. You need to at least play hot-potato 3-4 times per possession to earn the right to shoot.

Even if I was making isolation or just open shots, they wouldn't give a single phuck. Actually, they would give me a subtle stare or a passive-aggressive response. They only start giving phucks and clapping when the basket is made when the process felt right for them. :oldlol:

So basically every possession has the same strict game flow in a damn pick-up game :oldlol: No wonder why Korea is a bottom feeder basketball country in freaking Asia. I'm not sure but I think China and Iran were like the top 2 basketball countries and Korea was like 11th or something.

sammichoffate
04-12-2016, 01:51 PM

Black style - team is a loose concept, it's all about taking turns to attack and dribbling, little emphasis on defense and dicipline, hard defense usually means playing dirty. Other players will only follow the leader who is clearly the best.This one's annoying af to play with because there's always that one guy who literally will bring the ball up and try to go against three defenders when someone's open in the corner like he's Jordan :facepalm