PDA

View Full Version : Seth Curry - 20 Points 15 Assists

StrongLurk
04-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Man I've been saying all year that Seth is LEGIT.

This dude should be a perennial 6th man of the year candidate for the next couple of years.

Definitely needs to get off the Kings and go to a young team that desperately needs shooters like the Wolves or the Bucks.

Vancouver-Grizz
04-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Man I've been saying all year that Seth is LEGIT.

This dude should be a perennial 6th man of the year candidate for the next couple of years.

Definitely needs to get off the Kings and go to a young team that desperately needs shooters like the Wolves or the Bucks.

Think Kings can give him as many minutes as he wants to showcase his talents from now and on.

He probably opt out for a bigger pay day this summer but Sac should be where he plays as he is comfortable there now.

bigkingsfan
04-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Kings can match any deal even if he opts out.

Done_And_Done
04-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Minuscule sample size but his numbers over the past 10 games are rather eye-opening.

StrongLurk
04-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Minuscule sample size but his numbers over the past 10 games are rather eye-opening.

He has had good moments all year, but for sure more post all star break because he is actually getting minutes.

The dude was a really good player in college but got injured and was completely overlooked for some reason.

He went undrafted which is absurd.

Vancouver-Grizz
04-12-2016, 02:27 PM
Kings can match any deal even if he opts out.

Pretty sure he has a player option and not on a rookie contract so they cannot match.

Seth Curry 2015-2016 $947,276

Seth Curry 2016-2017 $1,015,696 {Player Option}

bigkingsfan
04-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Pretty sure he has a player option and not on a rookie contract so they cannot match.

Seth Curry 2015-2016 $947,276

Seth Curry 2016-2017 $1,015,696 {Player Option}
I stole this from the Kings forum

"Next year *is* a player option, but since it is a league-minimum contract and Curry has been playing very well, it appears he will opt out.

If he does opt out, he will indeed be a restricted free agent (dependent on our tender of a qualifying offer - but that would appear obvious) based on his being a three-year veteran (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44). This means that if we give him a QO, we have the right of first refusal to match any offer sheet he gets - but since we do not have Bird or Early Bird rights on him, we will have to have cap space in order to do so. As of now, best guess says that we will start with on the order of $20M in cap space, but we should keep in mind that we can't go over the cap to match an offer sheet."

Done_And_Done
04-12-2016, 02:37 PM
He has had good moments all year, but for sure more post all star break because he is actually getting minutes.

The dude was a really good player in college but got injured and was completely overlooked for some reason.

He went undrafted which is absurd.

That's the key. It appears as though, with the exception of a few games - any time he's allowed ti play longer than 20 minutes, he produces.

I can't speak to his impact though...

Vancouver-Grizz
04-13-2016, 02:19 PM
I stole this from the Kings forum

"Next year *is* a player option, but since it is a league-minimum contract and Curry has been playing very well, it appears he will opt out.

If he does opt out, he will indeed be a restricted free agent (dependent on our tender of a qualifying offer - but that would appear obvious) based on his being a three-year veteran (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44). This means that if we give him a QO, we have the right of first refusal to match any offer sheet he gets - but since we do not have Bird or Early Bird rights on him, we will have to have cap space in order to do so. As of now, best guess says that we will start with on the order of $20M in cap space, but we should keep in mind that we can't go over the cap to match an offer sheet."

Thanks for the info... Learned something new!

kamil
04-13-2016, 02:21 PM
He should sign with Cleveland. I heard LeBron* needs more help.

Nick Young
04-13-2016, 02:33 PM
He should sign to Golden State. Steph comes out, his bro Seth comes in.

2 Currys on one team. The league would be f*cked. Would not be surprised to see them go 74-8 if they get Seth Curry.

tpols
04-13-2016, 02:52 PM

2 Currys on one team. The league would be f*cked. Would not be surprised to see them go 74-8 if they get Seth Curry.

that would be legit hilarious if seth could do what steph does and bomb 30 footers and they just tag team in for each other .. :wtf:

HylianNightmare
04-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Hope the magic make a run at him

StrongLurk
04-13-2016, 05:04 PM
That's the key. It appears as though, with the exception of a few games - any time he's allowed ti play longer than 20 minutes, he produces.

I can't speak to his impact though...

He's one of the few players on the team that just PLAYS BASKETBALL.

Rondo and Cousins are two of the biggest diva whiny babies I have ever seen in the NBA and the coach already threw in the towel and is going to get fired.

There is no leadership on the Kings so it's hard for Curry to have great impact even with great play.

Curry will be a great pickup for another young talented team like the Wolves or Bucks.

sfballa13
04-13-2016, 07:41 PM

Im sure Seth would take a pay cut to play with his bro in Golden State

Im sure Steph could toss his bro 10M to make up the difference

theaussieguy
04-13-2016, 08:54 PM
I'm very happy for him, he's legit just a good hardworking dude