PDA

View Full Version : Tracy McGrady Wishes He Never Left Toronto

Meticode
04-12-2016, 03:58 PM
He was on ESPN's The Jump with Rachel Nichols and Vince Carter was the guest today and he said even though he loved playing in front of his hometown crowd in Orlando, he wish he never left Toronto and regrets it. He felt he still could've grown into a great player and maybe even a better player because his two years playing in Toronto with Vince Carter helped him grow as a person and a basketball player.

#tmz #whatcouldofbeen

I know you are
04-12-2016, 04:01 PM
I would regret it too if I were him. Never would have ended up with that miserable Magic team and who knows what would have happened in Toronto. Since he got injured and never won a championship, things can only go up from there in an alternate timeline.

Shaq on the other hand, it makes no sense when he stated that he regrets leaving Orlando. He won 4 championships. He should be celebrating that he left.

Done_And_Done
04-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Yeah they've both gone on the record and stated that they wished things would have panned out differently. Different time, different era though...

At that juncture, it was all about having a team built around you.

miggyme1
04-12-2016, 05:42 PM
He was on ESPN's The Jump with Rachel Nichols and Vince Carter was the guest today and he said even though he loved playing in front of his hometown crowd in Orlando, he wish he never left Toronto and regrets it. He felt he still could've grown into a great player and maybe even a better player because his two years playing in Toronto with Vince Carter helped him grow as a person and a basketball player.

#tmz #whatcouldofbeen

I knew he would eventually regret it. vince and tmac would have been the best duo ever.....yes better than Jordan and pippen or shaq and kobe. They would have been guaranteed a finals birth every year until LeBron started to gain his chops so what id say 06-07??? That's a good 6 or 7 year run or window they would have had to win a title. Magic in my opinion never really attempted to build a bonafide squad around him. A rookie mike miller was the best player he played with in Orlando...ill say it again.............A ROOKIE MIKE MILLER WAS THE BEST PLAYER HE PLAYED WITH IN ORLANDO.

I understand grant hill came over but didn't he come over with red flags??? coming off a major injury or am I wrong???

By the time he got to Houston tmac was starting to become a shell slowly but surely but was still fun to watch just not as explosive as he was in orlando

Lebron23
04-12-2016, 06:00 PM
I agree. Mcgrady and Carter would have been a dominant duo in the Eastern Conference, and they were just one big man away from being a legit contender.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-12-2016, 06:38 PM
You never know with talent like that, how the team gets built, and history has proven having two elite wings on the same team is a nice recipe for success (although those duos have had GOAT-20 all time talent), but looking back I don't see how those Toronto teams would have been much better than... Those Kidd Nets teams. Even the one with Kidd/VC/RJ. I certainly would have them slotted below the mid 00 Pistons. Possibly the Pacers as well.

no pun intended
04-12-2016, 06:41 PM
meh everythings easier said in retrospect

Nick Young
04-12-2016, 07:11 PM
I knew he would eventually regret it. vince and tmac would have been the best duo ever.....yes better than Jordan and pippen or shaq and kobe.
LOL

Vince and T-Mac both suck at defense. They would have been the Toronto version of the Paul Pierce/Antoine Walker duo.

boldarblood
04-12-2016, 07:39 PM
I knew he would eventually regret it. vince and tmac would have been the best duo ever.....yes better than Jordan and pippen or shaq and kobe.

Your crazy, they would been an awesome duo, but seriously your crazy if you believe they would have surpassed Kobe/Shaq & Jordan/Pippen.

Those other 4 do something that Vince/Tmac never did, play defense.

edit, should be Kobe/Shaq not Kobe/Shaw...haha, fat finger

Done_And_Done
04-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Your crazy, they would been an awesome duo, but seriously your crazy if you believe they would have surpassed Kobe/Shaw & Jordan/Pippen.

Those other 4 do something that Vince/Tmac never did, play defense.

Tmac/Vince had nothing on Kobe and Brian Shaw :)

masonanddixon
04-12-2016, 07:44 PM
OP whats with the gay hashtags?

bdreason
04-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Tracy wasn't T-Mac in Toronto. He showed glimpses of crazy talent, but didn't break-out until he moved to Orlando. I don't think Toronto had any intention of paying both Carter and McGrady.

Rockets(T-mac)
04-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Tracy wasn't T-Mac in Toronto. He showed glimpses of crazy talent, but didn't break-out until he moved to Orlando. I don't think Toronto had any intention of paying both Carter and McGrady.
This.

I just can't see McGrady becoming what he did in Orlando, in Toronto. He still would've been great, but developing 2 perimeter players who had superstar talent in that era rarely happened.

McGrady's career has so many what ifs, it's sad. What if he stayed in Toronto with Carter, what if Grant Hill stayed healthy, what if he and Yao stayed healthy. Such an unfortunate career.

konex
04-12-2016, 09:32 PM
The reason we don't see many retirement tours like Jeter's and Kobe's is because most big stars don't spend all their time with one team. Tracy would have been a god in Toronto/Orlando instead of leaving quietly via the Spurs bench.

That's what he and Shaq regret.....becoming mercenaries. Bitter breakups with the teams they spent their best years on and not staying long enough to build a lasting relationship with fans at other spots..

boldarblood
04-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Tmac/Vince had nothing on Kobe and Brian Shaw :)

haha your right, oops typing.

Legends66NBA7
04-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Hindsight's a bitch. Tracy complained about the whether when he was here. Don't want to hear it.