PDA

View Full Version : NBA expected to approve advertising on jerseys

Basketball Fan
04-12-2016, 07:45 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/04/12/report-nba-expected-approve-advertising-on-jerseys/

[quote]Report: NBA expected to approve advertising on jerseys

Adam Silver has repeatedly called advertising on NBA jerseys inevitable.

Now

kamil
04-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Can you imagine kids buying jerseys with a ****ing Kia car logo on Steph Curry's jersey?

Lebron23
04-12-2016, 08:16 PM
I don't like it.

Marchesk
04-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Leela: Didn't you have ads in the 21st century?"

Fry: Well sure, but not in our dreams. Only on TV and radio, and in magazines, and movies, and at ball games... and on buses and milk cartons and t-shirts, and bananas and written on the sky. But not in dreams, no siree.

bigkingsfan
04-12-2016, 08:30 PM
They're going to give profits to the fans.

ILLsmak
04-12-2016, 08:34 PM
I am legit gonna stop watching the NBA when that happens. I have been thinking about when this was mentioned and when it comes out... I am dun. hopefully it doesn't go into college, because that is some wack ass shit. Nobody wants to see that.

It'll prolly be even more stupidly corrupt then.

-Smak

Marchesk
04-12-2016, 08:50 PM
hopefully it doesn't go into college, because that is some wack ass shit. Nobody wants to see that.

It'll prolly be even more stupidly corrupt then.

Colleges are being turned into job training institutions, and the money in football and men's basketball got out of hand a long time ago. It would be best for education if the two were divorced somehow, but nobody who likes college sports would go for that. Europe does it right.

At some point though, the courts will be convinced to pay college athletes, and that's one huge can of worms to open.

HylianNightmare
04-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Bound to happen

ILLsmak
04-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Colleges are being turned into job training institutions, and the money in football and men's basketball got out of hand a long time ago. It would be best for education if the two were divorced somehow, but nobody who likes college sports would go for that. Europe does it right.

At some point though, the courts will be convinced to pay college athletes, and that's one huge can of worms to open.

Yea I know... and you're prolly right, but they can't be now cuz college sports are a huge part of the college experience. The kids aren't doing anything wrong imo.

But if they put ads on their jerseys. haha. It's funny nobody else is offended by this anymore. Everyone was pissed at first. It's like, what are you gonna give us? You gonna cut out commercial time during games?

It's just wack to have to take the D from advertisers. I hate advertisement. It's some level of brainwashing we just have to deal with. I am sad when any sacred thing gets overlapped with advertising, and even in the state of the NBA... at least the game on the court was free of advertisement.

Can't the ****ing NBA pull in enough money? Nah they just want more. That's why it's offensive.

-Smak

zbott
04-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Against it .... it will start with one small ad patch - and then eventually they will cover most of the damn uniform ...

COnDEMnED
04-12-2016, 10:06 PM
**** this shit. Some jerseys are sacred. Like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs.....

.....The clippers can have some jersey advertising.

greymatter
04-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Horrible fcuking idea. This isn't fcuking NASCAR.

Straight_Ballin
04-13-2016, 12:01 AM
Not shocked.

League becomes worse and worse each passing year.

This year we get to watch a one way player make a 2/6er on the most expensive team go 2/7.

Where amazing happens.

FKAri
04-13-2016, 01:42 AM
Yea I know... and you're prolly right, but they can't be now cuz college sports are a huge part of the college experience. The kids aren't doing anything wrong imo.

But if they put ads on their jerseys. haha. It's funny nobody else is offended by this anymore. Everyone was pissed at first. It's like, what are you gonna give us? You gonna cut out commercial time during games?

It's just wack to have to take the D from advertisers. I hate advertisement. It's some level of brainwashing we just have to deal with. I am sad when any sacred thing gets overlapped with advertising, and even in the state of the NBA... at least the game on the court was free of advertisement.

Can't the ****ing NBA pull in enough money? Nah they just want more. That's why it's offensive.

-Smak

Did the NBPA want this as well? I can't imagine them turning down increased revenue. So basically they all want more money and don't believe the fans will mind enough for it to matter.

Spurs m8
04-13-2016, 03:39 AM
Said it before and i'll say it again....This is f*cking shit

Jerseys are sacred, leave that f*cking shit off it

Can't we just have this one f*cking thing, ad f*cking free?

Just this one thing?

Nah, some c*nts want another yacht

Mr. Jabbar
04-13-2016, 03:49 AM
https://i.imgsafe.org/057f40b.png