PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Jordan stans?

hateraid
04-13-2016, 11:48 PM
They're all watching The Voice avoiding all things NBA:lol

Praise God for April 13/2016. They day that silenced the Jordan stans

alanLA92
04-13-2016, 11:49 PM
3ball will be here soon.

plowking
04-13-2016, 11:51 PM
Jordan stans are in a tricky spot.

GSW goes on and wins the championship with Curry having put up one of the greatest seasons ever, and possibly challenging for that GOAT crown...

Or...

Bron and the Cavs beat the "greatest team ever" and the GOAT talks sparks again, and talks of amazing heroics and Bron as a great leader.

Very interesting.

Spurs m8
Not a stan, but have a brain.

6/6 > Winning one extra reg season game.

REG SEASON

warriorfan
the voice :roll:

Cold soul
04-13-2016, 11:52 PM
Jordan stan here he is greatest player in NBA history that title won't be changing anytime soon.

kamil
04-13-2016, 11:55 PM
Bulls record season wins was always going to be broken. Eventually there will be a team that goes 82-0.

oh the horror
What's there to talk about? Most older Jordan stans are chill with a regular season record being broken.

It's cool for the sake of this generation of kids to have as their own but we all understand it doesn't mean shit if you're trying to compare Jordan to Curry as I've seen people try to do. Sorry folks, you got a long LONG way for that stretch.

PJR

GSW goes on and wins the championship with Curry having put up one of the greatest seasons ever, and possibly challenging for that GOAT crown...

Or...

Bron and the Cavs beat the "greatest team ever" and the GOAT talks sparks again, and talks of amazing heroics and Bron as a great leader.

Very interesting.

Jordan has nothing to worry about. He's still a better player than both, and still has an untouchable narrative. The Warriors are still a long way from a dynasty, and Curry's ankles could flair up again any year.

And LeBron's Jordan comparison died in 2011.

Spurs m8
04-13-2016, 11:56 PM
Yet no other team will go 6/6 in such a short space of time....

No ther player will win 6/6 of those FMVP.

Old mate Cuz couldn't even get ONE vote against a depleted Cavs LMAO

oarabbus
04-13-2016, 11:57 PM
Jordan Stans:
http://ddotomen.com/wp-content/uploads/michael-jordan-crying.png

Jordan:

Steve Kerr:

https://giant.gfycat.com/HelpfulWideeyedAnole.gif

(with crying jordan face over steph's face... someone please gif this)

Bless Mathews
04-13-2016, 11:58 PM
We ain't got NOTHING to worry about.

Jordan the goat of all goats

6 for 6 with 6 finals MVP.

GTFO.

Op is a bacne havin 5 foot tall punk ho.

oh the horror
04-13-2016, 11:59 PM
Ish. The only place where the Jordan crying gif is played out and still posted.

They can't stand that the ghost of Micheal Jordan still haunts the league.

Curry is 0-1 FMVP :oldlol:

Stop

Spurs m8
04-14-2016, 12:00 AM
Jordan Stans:

Jordan:

Steve Kerr:

https://giant.gfycat.com/HelpfulWideeyedAnole.gif

(with crying jordan face over steph's face... someone please gif this)

That's all Warrior stans have....cheap internet memes and shit.

No actual substance.

Poetry
04-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Jordan fans are saying goodbye to an old friend.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/hi-res-1911292_crop_exact.jpg

hateraid
04-14-2016, 12:06 AM
What's there to talk about? Most older Jordan stans are chill with a regular season record being broken.

It's cool for the sake of this generation of kids to have as their own but we all understand it doesn't mean shit if you're trying to compare Jordan to Curry as I've seen people try to do. Sorry folks, you got a long LONG way for that stretch.

You're learning to accept it, but definitely not OK with it. Otherwise you wouldn't get so defensive :lol

Straight_Ballin
04-14-2016, 12:07 AM
Congrats to Curry for being the guy to lead the charge to have the best reg season record since you can't touch him without getting whistled. It only took how many years to break it? Once again, Curry proving that he can handle what Lebron never could, and with less season attempts to do it in. He saw a hole in the way the game is reffed, and exploited it through hard work and dedication.

MJ fam relaxed as fvck, watching guys like Kobe who modeled their game after his GOATNESS dropping 22 points in a half in his 20th season. :sleeping

DonDadda59
04-14-2016, 12:08 AM
I don't think any Jordan stan gives a shit about 72 wins honestly. Don't think I've ever seen anyone use that in any Jordan vs ENTER PRETENDER HERE argument. Personally I have the '86 Celtics as the GOAT team and they never came close to that record.

Hilarious that a Bron stan would say this. How are Jordan fans in a tricky spot when LeBron was made irrelevant in his prime, in what was supposed to be his era by Al B. Sure's jump shooting doppleganger? :yaohappy:

oarabbus
04-14-2016, 12:09 AM
That's all Warrior stans have....cheap internet memes and shit.

No actual substance.

http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/Buzzer/Images/2015/10/28/stephen-curry.vresize.1200.675.high.47.jpg

Straight_Ballin
04-14-2016, 12:15 AM
I don't think any Jordan stan gives a shit about 72 wins honestly. Don't think I've ever seen anyone use that in any Jordan vs ENTER PRETENDER HERE argument. Personally I have the '86 Celtics as the GOAT team and they never came close to that record.

Hilarious that a Bron stan would say this. How are Jordan fans in a tricky spot when LeBron was made irrelevant in his prime, in what was supposed to be his era by Al B. Sure's jump shooting doppleganger? :yaohappy:

This is spot on. I don't think I've ever mentioned Bulls reg season record to prop up MJ. :roll:

Lebron will never win a ring without Wades mental support. MJ molded Pippen, Bron molded a mother****er. :lol

oh the horror
04-14-2016, 12:21 AM
You're learning to accept it, but definitely not OK with it. Otherwise you wouldn't get so defensive :lol

I don't know man. After my 4th gin and tonic I feel kind of okay lol

hateraid
04-14-2016, 12:29 AM
I don't know man. After my 4th gin and tonic I feel kind of okay lol
Well drink up! :cheers:

hateraid
04-14-2016, 01:07 AM
Stamp this day

04/13/2016

How does the saying go? What a time?

ballinhun8
04-14-2016, 01:13 AM
We are enjoying a classic performance by Kobe. The last of the Mohicans.

No more ruthless players in this league like mamba.

We good and enjoying the game. Did the Warriors even play today lol?

CuterThanRubio
04-14-2016, 01:18 AM
On their deathbeds desperately hoping for the Warriors to lose their first playoff game before they reappear.

Kobe>MJ

2016Warriors>1996Bulls

Asukal
04-14-2016, 01:23 AM
OP acting like he won the lottery. :oldlol:

What's all the fuss? MJ is still the GOAT. :whatever:

Spurs m8
04-14-2016, 01:23 AM
http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/Buzzer/Images/2015/10/28/stephen-curry.vresize.1200.675.high.47.jpg

Stay losing, f*ggots

http://static.vibe.com/files/photo_gallery_images/Michael-Jordan-Championship-Rings.jpg

Cocaine80s
04-14-2016, 01:24 AM
Congrats to Curry for being the guy to lead the charge to have the best reg season record since you can't touch him without getting whistled. It only took how many years to break it? Once again, Curry proving that he can handle what Lebron never could, and with less season attempts to do it in. He saw a hole in the way the game is reffed, and exploited it through hard work and dedication.

MJ fam relaxed as fvck, watching guys like Kobe who modeled their game after his GOATNESS dropping 22 points in a half in his 20th season. :sleeping
That feel when Kobe drops 60 points half an hour later surpassing MJ

Soundwave
04-14-2016, 01:26 AM
Jordan "stan" here.

Congrats to Kobe, great career, followed him since 1996 when I first saw him in SLAM magazine playing at Lower Merion high school (still have that magazine).

Had my share of hate for him, but he is one of the greats and played the game the right way. I can respect that.

Congrats to Steve Kerr and the Warriors, a great team, remarkable feat.

MJ is still GOAT but it's nice to have some company for a night :)

oarabbus
04-14-2016, 01:27 AM
Stay losing, f*ggots

http://static.vibe.com/files/photo_gallery_images/Michael-Jordan-Championship-Rings.jpg

Salt overload detected

this bitch didn't even use a picture of Timmy with 5 rings... set his bitch ass up perfectly for that... fake ass spurs fan :oldlol:

j3lademaster
04-14-2016, 01:30 AM
Grew up in Chicago watching MJ's Bulls. It was a journey, but I'm always waiting to see old athletes surpassed and records broken.

High jump and dashsprints have their records broken all the time. It's delusional to think time is just gonna stand still for basketball. I'll embrace it when MJ gets surpassed, just like I embraced the Warriors to being possibly the goat team(they need to get that ring first) and Kobe putting up one of the GOAT performances. Not the goat farewell performance, not the goat performance for a guy ages whatever+ or some other whack arbitrary guideline; but one of the goat single game performances period. 60 points and the clutch shots to put the game away? Amazing.

This season was fun. The Spurs this year are probably like a top 10-20 goat team low-key and will go forever underrated if the Warriors win the ring. Westbrook and Kawhi have like the highest rapm's since 09Lebron and that goes unnoticed because Curry has something stupid like 11 net and made over 400 3's. Anyone who's a true fan of the game and not just looking to hate and be insecure enjoyed this season.

Straight_Ballin
04-14-2016, 01:32 AM
Salt overload detected

this bitch didn't even use a picture of Timmy with 5 rings... set his bitch ass up perfectly for that... fake ass spurs fan :oldlol:

How can someone who hasn't been alive for all 3 decades in which Timmy won all his rings appreciate all 5 rings doe?:lol

CavaliersFTW
04-14-2016, 01:33 AM
RIP

bulls record shattered, plus Kobe with 60pts overshadowing Jordans 15 point retirement game by a mile :lol

deja vu
04-14-2016, 01:37 AM
Pretty sure they're crying over Jordan's 6 rings. :lol

Straight_Ballin
04-14-2016, 01:42 AM
RIP

bulls record shattered, plus Kobe with 60pts overshadowing Jordans 15 point retirement game by a mile :lol

Jordan fans stay winning actually. I view Kobe's last game as a tribute to MJ. Mimicing his game after the GOAT and giving the fans one last performance despite coming up short relative to MJ's career. He did more for the game than anyone after MJ ever could.

DonDadda59
04-14-2016, 01:44 AM
RIP

Steph Curry as a Warrior>>>Ilt Chamberlain as a Warrior.

Ilt's last game was an L in the Finals, as usual. While Russ retired with 11 rings in the same era.

The LeBron James of his era. Cuckolded in his time.

Straight_Ballin
04-14-2016, 01:46 AM
These performances by Curry and Kobe and all the talk about MJ just makes Wilt's memory fade out of the minds of the masses. Wilt's irrelevant ass damn nearing Bron's level of irrelevance tbh....

Elosha
04-14-2016, 05:10 AM
RIP

Are you trolling? Jordan's final season at 40 was vastly superior to Kobe's at 37. It was a great last hurrah for Kobe, but in the end he led the Lakers to a pitiful record as a bottom dweller. What I will say is that that comparing Jordan's last game to Kobe's demonstrates that Kobe was even more egotistical and certainly more of a gunner than Jordan ever was. Still was an amazing last game by Kobe, to top off an overall pitiful last season.

TheMan
04-14-2016, 06:46 AM

Or...

Very interesting.
MJ >> LBJ
MJ >>> Curry

:confusedshrug:

BTW, I never talk NBA here anymore because the NBA forum has turned to utter shit.

andgar923
04-14-2016, 07:03 AM
What is this thread for?

Why create this thread?

Congrats to the Warriors it was a historic season, like others mentioned MJ stans rarely brought up the 72 wins season.

Kobe had a great last game.

At the end of the day both Kobe and the Warriors are inferior to MJ and the Bulls if some wanna go there.

Kobe scoring 60 points shows us how weak today actually is. if an old past prime Kobe did this imagine a prime Kobe?

Warrior fans can start comparing the Warriors to the Bulls once they sniff 6 chips, but to even sit on the same table they gotta 3peat.

Haters don't want it

Spurs m8
04-14-2016, 07:05 AM
What is this thread for?

Why create this thread?

Congrats to the Warriors it was a historic season, like others mentioned MJ stans rarely brought up the 72 wins season.

At the end of the day both Kobe and the Warriors are inferior to MJ and the Bulls if some wanna go there.

Kobe scoring 60 points shows us how weak today actually is. if an old past prime Kobe did this imagine a prime Kobe?

Warrior fans can start comparing the Warriors to the Bulls once they sniff 6 chips, but to even sit on the same table they gotta 3peat.

Haters don't want it

:applause: :applause: :applause:

tpols
04-14-2016, 07:21 AM
RIP

thats all ordan could manage ? :eek:

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 07:42 AM
Some of us Jordan 'stans' can appreciate greatness for what it is and not feel threatened. I was rooting for Kobe to give us a final 'vintage' performance and he did; but Kobe shooting 50 times while being fed the ball all-game long doesn't really change the narrative. I was just happy to see him out there leaving the game on his terms. Personally I was a little sad last night because Kobe's retirement represents the end of that era. Yeah, Duncan and Dirk are still around, and KG is hanging on by a thread, but that era is officially done with Kobe's retirement. And it was truly a great time for NBA basketball.

As for Golden state, congrats on the record; they're meant to be broken. Does it change the narrative as far as the greatness of that 96 team or Jordan in general? No, in fact the most objective MJ fans will tell you that the 96 team wasn't even the best of the 90's Bulls. Is it one less 'bragging' point that MJ's team has the season record? Sure, for those of you keeping score cards at home. The 72-10 record is way down on the list of reasons I would use to argue for MJ against someone. I think what many of the little minds fail to realize, some of us are actually hoping that someone comes along and definitively leaves no doubt that he is superior to MJ.

So, congrats to both Kobe and Golden state for delivering on a historic night of basketball.

Da_Realist
04-14-2016, 07:56 AM
Are you trolling? Jordan's final season at 40 was vastly superior to Kobe's at 37. It was a great last hurrah for Kobe, but in the end he led the Lakers to a pitiful record as a bottom dweller. What I will say is that that comparing Jordan's last game to Kobe's demonstrates that Kobe was even more egotistical and certainly more of a gunner than Jordan ever was. Still was an amazing last game by Kobe, to top off an overall pitiful last season.

A 38 year old perimeter player couldn't drop 60 during any other time but this one.

aj1987
04-14-2016, 07:56 AM

Brah, LeBron sneezing makes the headlines on ESPN and generates a dozen posts on the first page of ISH. A day when the Warriors and Kobe are making history, people still bring up LeBron constantly.

NBASTATMAN
04-14-2016, 08:04 AM
What is this thread for?

Why create this thread?

Haters don't want it

He was hot and took a great amount of shots... Scoring 60 is a great accomplishment for KOBE ... Plenty of players can do it but won't because they don't care.. Curry could have scored 60 easily last night but sat the entire fourth...

GREAT FINISH FOR AN ALL TIME GREAT KOBE... MJ had his vs UTAH in the finals but he chose to comeback.. :pimp: Those two MJ seasons actually solidified his greatness.. Those teams won 18 games more after an old MJ came to town... Kobe's team didn't even win 18 GAMES THIS SEASON..

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 08:09 AM

Good point. That's actually an indictment on the league not only of what prime Kobe would do, but what prime MJ would do for all the morons who think he'd be a worse player today.

Thanks for helping to prove the point, Kobe. :cheers:

aj1987
04-14-2016, 08:18 AM
Good point. That's actually an indictment on the league not only of what prime Kobe would do, but what prime MJ would do for all the morons who think he'd be a worse player today.

You're being sarcastic, right? Kobe averaged 18/4/3 on 47% TS for the season. 17/4/3 before this game. Malone averaged 23/8/5/2/1 on 53% TS at 37 and 38. Does that mean the league was weak AF back then as well?

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 08:40 AM
You're being sarcastic, right? Kobe averaged 18/4/3 on 47% TS for the season. 17/4/3 before this game. Malone averaged 23/8/5/2/1 on 53% TS at 37 and 38. Does that mean the league was weak AF back then as well?

No, it just means that the abilities of all-time greats transcends eras. My point didn't have anything to do with Kobe's overall performance this year, but if a 37 year old on his last legs could do that, even if for one night, you can't extrapolate that to figure out what 27 year old Kobe would do under today's rules?

Prime_Shaq
04-14-2016, 08:44 AM
I mean, its just one of his REGULAR SEASON records. Its impressive but Jordan is 6/6 in the Finals and still pretty much the GOAT for the foreseeable future. I think Jordan fans are okay.

feyki
04-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Jordan is goat candidate and Curry is not in the top 50 yet . Jordan is Jordan again w/out 72 wins .

aj1987
04-14-2016, 08:49 AM
No, it just means that the abilities of all-time greats transcends eras. Obviously last night wasn't indicative of how Kobe has been all year, but it was a turn back the clock type performance.
Exactly. Last nights game was an outlier. '06 Kobe would still average pretty much what he did back then. Probably a lot less, if he was on a decent team.

Same with MJ. Dude would basically blow teams out and sit 4th Q's on good teams. The most MJ averaged was 37 a game. He'd probably hit 32 on a good team. ~37 on a bad team.

The only ones saying that he'd do worse are trolls. Better to ignore them. :cheers:

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Curry is not in the top 50 yet

There's two extremes:

1. Curry is GOAT, or top 10
2. Curry isn't a top 50 player

This fits squarely on #2

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Exactly. Last nights game was an outlier. '06 Kobe would still average pretty much what he did back then. Probably a lot less, if he was on a decent team.

Same with MJ. Dude would basically blow teams out and sit 4th Q's on good teams. The most MJ averaged was 37 a game. He'd probably hit 32 on a good team. ~37 on a bad team.

The only ones saying that he'd do worse are trolls. Better to ignore them. :cheers:

True dat, and agreed.

aj1987
04-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Jordan is goat candidate and Curry is not in the top 50 yet . Jordan is Jordan again w/out 72 wins .
The hell he isn't. 1x NBA champ and 2x MVP isn't a top 50 player? If he wins a ring and FMVP his season, he's top 20 without question. Right now, he's probably ~30.

feyki
04-14-2016, 08:55 AM
There's two extremes:

This fits squarely on #2

Second sounds logical to me . He just played in 3 playoffs . Is there any player with only 3 playoffs in the top 50 ?

Aj same question .

aj1987
04-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Second sounds logical to me . He just played in 3 playoffs . Is there any player with only 3 playoffs in the top 50 ?

Aj same question .
Bill Walton?

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 09:20 AM

Aj same question .

You're insane if you think an MVP, NBA Champ, scoring champ who just shattered the 3point record( his own record for that matter), led the Warriors to the best single season record in history as the likely unanimous MVP, and just recorded the most efficient scoring season ever isn't a top 50 player. I don't give a damn how long he's played, he's already accomplished as much and more between personal and team achievements as guys who are already considered top 50. It's a major stretch to think this guy is outside the top 30-35 at this point. And the only reason I'm going that low, is out of respect for guys who've had longer careers. But there's no way he's not top 50 based on his career, and just based on peak, he's MUCH higher up the list. People are only hesitant to rank him high because it feels like he literally came from nowhere. But outside top 50? Please.

feyki
04-14-2016, 09:24 AM
Bill Walton?

Career wise , he's not . I don't rank Bill Walton too . He just played a year elite . If he was healthy , he would top 10-15 player of all time . Bill Walton special guy to rank him . I don't rank him . I do put him in special group .

Closest player is/was Reed . He only played 4 elite playoffs years . Peak wise , I take him as Moses . He was amazing but terrible short career . Top 30 at best . Curry will in top 30-40 when this season over positively about Curry . But he isn't yet .

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 09:29 AM
Career wise , he's not . I don't rank Bill Walton too . He just played a year elite . If he was healthy , he would top 10-15 player of all time . Bill Walton special guy to rank him . I don't rank him . I do put him in special group .

Closest player is/was Reed . He only played 4 elite playoffs years . Peak wise , I take him as Moses . He was amazing but terrible short career . Top 30 at best . Curry will in top 30-40 when this season over positively about Curry . But he isn't yet .

What are you basing this off? Curry has only played 7 seasons. So what about this season puts him top 50 if your argument above talks mainly about number of elite years played?

ShawkFactory
04-14-2016, 09:31 AM
Bulls record season wins was always going to be broken. Eventually there will be a team that goes 82-0.
No there won't

navy
04-14-2016, 09:33 AM
No there won't
It's possible.

What if Durant goes to the Warriors next year?

NBASTATMAN
04-14-2016, 09:52 AM
There's two extremes:

This fits squarely on #2

If Curry can win a title this season than he has to be a lock for top 25.. Curry's 2016 season is as good as anything MJ put uP on the offensive side of the ball... AMAZING..

NBASTATMAN
04-14-2016, 09:54 AM
This is spot on. I don't think I've ever mentioned Bulls reg season record to prop up MJ. :roll:

Lebron will never win a ring without Wades mental support. MJ molded Pippen, Bron molded a mother****er. :lol

:applause:

ArbitraryWater
04-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Ish. The only place where the Jordan crying gif is played out and still posted.

They can't stand that the ghost of Micheal Jordan still haunts the league.

Curry is 0-1 FMVP :oldlol:

Stop

are you serious? The MJ crying face is all over the internet, everywhere, even used by fellow athletes :wtf:

Moron

Plus, what you're saying doesnt even make sense.

GrapeApe
04-14-2016, 10:27 AM
are you serious? The MJ crying face is all over the internet, everywhere, even used by fellow athletes :wtf:

Moron

Plus, what you're saying doesnt even make sense.

Hence it being played out, and I 100% agree. It's time for that one to be brought our back and shot.

As for this thread, Jordan is the GOAT and will likely remain so for a long, long time. It's going to be nearly impossible to surpass his combination of amazing numbers, 2-way dominance, playoff dominance, finals perfection, individual accolades, team accolades, and imprint on the game and culture. He's the perfect storm. Hell, being the greatest at something is referred to as being "the Michael Jordan of". That tells you all you need to know about his status as the GOAT. You can never say never in terms of someone surpassing him. Forever is a long time, but it certainly won't happen any time soon. It is a MASSIVE mountain to scale.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Just as I suspected. Jordan stans enter thread acting like they have no insecurities. Go into defend mode and downplay everything that happened last night.

"Congrats....But, but, but, Jordan is still the GOAT, please let me remind you of that!":roll:

hateraid
04-14-2016, 10:53 AM

:roll:
Like I said, got to downplay everything.

This was a fantastic accomplishment. Yet somehow the Jordan stans got to find the loophole. Yet if this were Jordan it would be brought up EVERY single thread to remind us of how great he is.

I bet if Curry went a straight 10 for 10 in the finals, Jordan stans all of a sudden drop 6 for 6 and elude to 6 for 6 FMVP. :roll: There's always something

ballinhun8
04-14-2016, 10:56 AM
Oh you just gonna ignore what a true Bulls/MJ fan says?

Nah nah ok, that's cool bro. That's cool. Make your point.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Like I said, got to downplay everything.

This was a fantastic accomplishment. Yet somehow the Jordan stans got to find the loophole. Yet if this were Jordan it would be brought up EVERY single thread to remind us of how great he is.

I bet if Curry went a straight 10 for 10 in the finals, Jordan stans all of a sudden drop 6 for 6 and elude to 6 for 6 FMVP. :roll: There's always something

Who the hell said it wasn't? You're accusing Jordan fans of being insecure, but what exactly is the premise of this thread except some desperate attempt to do what......?

You're also a moron, because my post was actually a compliment to Kobe, who you say I'm trying to 'downplay'.

feyki
04-14-2016, 11:05 AM
What are you basing this off? Curry has only played 7 seasons. So what about this season puts him top 50 if your argument above talks mainly about number of elite years played?

It's all about mix of impact and longevity .

ShawkFactory
04-14-2016, 11:06 AM
It's possible.

What if Durant goes to the Warriors next year?
It's 82 games over the course of almost 7 months.

If Durant goes to Golden State they'll still have a night off every now and then.

This team lost to the Timberwolves and Lakers.

There's a reason that only 2 teams have ever won 70 games, and the record is only 73. That's not even close to 82.

No team will ever go 82-0.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 11:07 AM
Just as I suspected. Jordan stans enter thread acting like they have no insecurities. Go into defend mode and downplay everything that happened last night.

"Congrats....But, but, but, Jordan is still the GOAT, please let me remind you of that!":roll:

Because he is. The Warriors winning 73 or Kobe scoring 60 points on 50 shots doesn't change that dynamic, as much as you desperately would like it to. Don't create stupid, pointless threads obviously intending to troll , and we won't feel the need to remind you of anything. When your first post brings up 'Jordan stans' in the manner it did, you clearly wanted the discussion to go the route its gone. You never wanted to just have a discussion about Kobe and the Warriors, which is more evidence that MJ is GOAT. The day he ceases to be GOAT is the day people like you stop having him rent-free in your head as evidenced here.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 11:12 AM
It's all about mix of impact and longevity .

And how do you weigh those two entities? Should one be given more weight over the other? Let's say Curry ends next season with a 3peat of MVPs and championships while performing at his current level. Why shouldn't that overshadow the fact that he'd have 'only' played 8 years by then?

GrapeApe
04-14-2016, 11:38 AM

You basically made up your mind it's a no-win scenario. If Jordan fans are complimentary of Curry, acknowledge his and the Warriors accomplishment and don't act rustled, they are simply "downplaying" the situation. If they fail to give credit or get defensive, they are being insecure. I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, other than creating a false narrative with a strawman principle.

The fact remains, Jordan IS still the GOAT. Jordan fans aren't insecure because frankly there's nothing to be insecure about. Not yet at least. 73 wins is an amazing feat and Curry has had an all-time great offensive season. Again, I don't know what you want people to say.

3ball
04-14-2016, 11:41 AM
"Congrats....But, but, but, Jordan is still the GOAT, please let me remind you of that!"

Well it's true - he's still the goat.

That's all that matters, so Jordan fans don't need to get caught up in the moment like other fans whose favorite players AREN'T the goat.

Jordan's goat status allows us to have a bigger vision.. We're above all this

kamil
04-14-2016, 11:42 AM
It's 82 games over the course of almost 7 months.

If Durant goes to Golden State they'll still have a night off every now and then.

This team lost to the Timberwolves and Lakers.

There's a reason that only 2 teams have ever won 70 games, and the record is only 73. That's not even close to 82.

No team will ever go 82-0.

Sorry bud, even as a long time Bulls fan, it WILL happen eventually. Maybe not in our lifetime, but eventually it will. Bulls 72-10 was always going to be beat... sure the Warriors barely got past it by 1 game and their FINAL game of the season, but they managed it. And look at the losses the Bulls has in thr 95/96 season... each time they lost it was only by single digits except for ONE game against Miami, they were REALLY close to having 75-78 wins.

You're delusional if you think that anything that CAN happen won't happen.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 11:44 AM
You basically made up your mind it's a no-win scenario. If Jordan fans are complimentary of Curry, acknowledge his and the Warriors accomplishment and don't act rustled, they are simply "downplaying" the situation. If they fail to give credit or get defensive, they are being insecure. I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, other than creating a false narrative with a strawman principle.

The fact remains, Jordan IS still the GOAT. Jordan fans aren't insecure because frankly there's nothing to be insecure about. Not yet at least. 73 wins is an amazing feat and Curry has had an all-time great offensive season. Again, I don't know what you want people to say.

:cheers:

tmacattack33
04-14-2016, 11:49 AM
Curry just put up 46 points on 27 true shots yesterday.

People don't talk about it because true shots and true shot percentage isn't one of the standard stats.

But it IS better than FGA and FG%.

...and in MJ's entire career, he never did that once. The closest he got was 45 points on 29 true shots (link: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_day=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fga&c1comp=lt&c1val=24&c2stat=pts&c2comp=gt&c2val=45&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts)

...MJ played 15 years and never did this. Curry did it like 5 times this past year. Curry is also the better passer and has better vision.

ShawkFactory
04-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Sorry bud, even as a long time Bulls fan, it WILL happen eventually. Maybe not in our lifetime, but eventually it will. Bulls 72-10 was always going to be beat... sure the Warriors barely got past it by 1 game and their FINAL game of the season, but they managed it. And look at the losses the Bulls has in thr 95/96 season... each time they lost it was only by single digits except for ONE game against Miami, they were REALLY close to having 75-78 wins.

You're delusional if you think that anything that CAN happen won't happen.
The Warriors MAY have been close to winning 75-78 games. They were also close to winning 65-68.

To go 82-0, a team will have to be on there 'A' game every single game...and every single break and close game would have to go in their favor.

It goes against nature.

In 60 years no one has been close to going undefeated. Humans will be extinct before it happens.

kamil
04-14-2016, 11:55 AM
The Warriors MAY have been close to winning 75-78 games. They were also close to winning 65-68.

To go 82-0, a team will have to be on there 'A' game every single game...and every single break and close game would have to go in their favor.

It goes against nature.

In 60 years no one has been close to going undefeated. Humans will be extinct before it happens.

No, it will happen. It's improbable, but not impossible. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

3ball
04-14-2016, 11:56 AM
Curry's true shooting is far better than MJ's

True shooting is just ONE category - Jordan has the regular season advantage in nearly all categories, and crushes in the playoffs

Per 100 Possessions

JORDAN 1991 RS: 42.7 pts.. 8.1 reb..4 7.5 ast.. 3.3 tov.. 3.7 stl.. 1.4 blk.. 60.4 ts.. 125 ORtg.. 31.6 PER.. 0.321 WS/48
CURRY 4 2016 RS: 42.5 pts.. 7.7 reb..4 9.4 ast.. 4.7 tov.. 3.0 stl.. 0.3 blk.. 66.9 ts.. 125 ORtg.. 31.5 PER.. 0.318 WS/48
JORDAN 1991 PO: 41.8 pts.. 8.5 reb.. 11.2 ast.. 3.4 tov.. 3.2 stl.. 1.8 blk.. 60.0 ts.. 127 ORtg.. 32.0 PER.. 0.333 WS/48

Jordan couldn't afford to worry about efficiency because he carried a BIGGER LOAD while winning his rings, even as an old man:

....................PERCENTAGE OF TEAM POINTS SCORED WHILE PLAYER WAS ON FLOOR

.........................RS.....RS 4th.... PO....PO 4th....Finals.. Finals 4th

JORDAN 1997... 36.0 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Regular%20Season)..... 40.1 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4)..... 37.7 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs)..... 46.3 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4)...... 40.9 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4)...... 50.4 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&PORound=4) <--- links to nba.com data
JORDAN 1998... 36.3 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Regular%20Season)..... 42.1 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4)..... 39.7 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs)..... 48.8 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4)...... 43.6 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4)...... 49.1 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&PORound=4)

CURRY 2015..... 29.9 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season)..... 36.2 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4)..... 33.4 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs)..... 36.6 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4)...... 29.3 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4)...... 40.6 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4&Period=4)
CURRY 2016..... 35.0 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/)..... 39.3 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4)

Curry is also the better passer and has better vision.

Curry's assist averages are BARELY higher than Jordan's, even though Curry plays point guard!!

And when Jordan DID play point guard, he averaged 30/9/11 - Curry has never come anywhere NEAR this in an entire career playing point guard.

Also, Curry has never averaged 8.5 assists during a playoff run like Jordan did in 1991, or 11.2 assist in the Finals like Jordan did.. Jordan has reached a HIGHER LEVEL of passing performance - the numbers don't lie.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Because he is. The Warriors winning 73 or Kobe scoring 60 points on 50 shots doesn't change that dynamic, as much as you desperately would like it to. Don't create stupid, pointless threads obviously intending to troll , and we won't feel the need to remind you of anything. When your first post brings up 'Jordan stans' in the manner it did, you clearly wanted the discussion to go the route its gone. You never wanted to just have a discussion about Kobe and the Warriors, which is more evidence that MJ is GOAT. The day he ceases to be GOAT is the day people like you stop having him rent-free in your head as evidenced here.

See, this is the type of insecurities I'm talking about. I didn't create this thread or that last post to use last night's accomplishments to downplay anything Jordan has ever accomplished. You however are doing EXACTLY what I predicted you Jordan stans would do.

1- Pretend not to be insecure and congratulate the accomplishments
2- Remind people Jordan is GOAT

If you weren't so insecure then point 2 should never be brought up. Using the fact I used "Jordan stans" only magnifies my point. I'm not talking about level headed fans of basketball who feel Jordan is GOAT. I'm referring to the delusional like you who feel it is definitive and can't be argued. You guys are in a world of your own, and it's a delusional one. It's quite entertaining

hateraid
04-14-2016, 12:17 PM

Again:

1- Pretend not to be insecure and acknowledge the accomplishment
2- Remind people that Jordan is GOAT

If you weren't so insecure point 2 should never have to be brought up. You're clearly insecure.

Da_Realist
04-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Curry just put up 46 points on 27 true shots yesterday.

People don't talk about it because true shots and true shot percentage isn't one of the standard stats.

But it IS better than FGA and FG%.

...and in MJ's entire career, he never did that once. The closest he got was 45 points on 29 true shots (link: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_day=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fga&c1comp=lt&c1val=24&c2stat=pts&c2comp=gt&c2val=45&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts)

...MJ played 15 years and never did this. Curry did it like 5 times this past year. Curry is also the better passer and has better vision.

The game is just a little bit different today

hateraid
04-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Well it's true - he's still the goat.

That's all that matters, so Jordan fans don't need to get caught up in the moment like other fans whose favorite players AREN'T the goat.

Jordan's goat status allows us to have a bigger vision.. We're above all this

Spoken with pure insecurity :cheers:

A person with no insecurities would not have to remind everyone who is GOAT

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 12:24 PM
See, this is the type of insecurities I'm talking about. I didn't create this thread or that last post yo use last night's accomplishments to downplay anything Jordan has ever accomplished. You however are doing EXACTLY what I predicted you Jordan stans would do.

1- Pretend not to be insecure and congratulate the accomplishments
2- Remind people Jordan is GOAT

If you weren't so insecure then point 2 should never be brought up. Using the fact I used "Jordan stans" only magnifies my point. I'm not talking about level headed fans of basketball who feel Jordan is GOAT. I'm referring to the delusional like you who feel it is definitive and can't be argued. You guys are in a world of your own, and it's a delusional one. It's quite entertaining

Your thread is titled 'where are all the Jordan stans', when Kobe's performance and the Warriors have nothing to do with him or his 'stans'. So how many more years of rent-free can we expect from you? As the other guy said, no matter how we replied, you were going to respond that we're either underplaying, dismissive, or insecure. That's the narrative you're dedicating time to running with as opposed to just dealing with Kobe and the Warriors achievements on their own merits without having to involve Jordan( or his stans) at all.

I don't have Jordan as the undisputed GOAT. it kind of goes without saying that saying 'Jordan is GOAT' is a subjective opinion, and only idiots like you think one has to declare that its being spoken as an opinion and not fact.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Your thread is titled 'where are all the Jordan stans', when Kobe's performance and the Warriors have nothing to do with him or his 'stans'. So how many more years of rent-free can we expect from you? As the other guy said, no matter how we replied, you were going to respond that we're either underplaying, dismissive, or insecure. That's the narrative you're dedicating time to running with as opposed to just dealing with Kobe and the Warriors achievements on their own merits without having to involve Jordan( or his stans) at all.

I don't have Jordan as the undisputed GOAT. it kind of goes without saying that saying 'Jordan is GOAT' is a subjective opinion, and only idiots like you think one has to declare that its being spoken as an opinion and not fact.
Only Jordan stans would be insecure about this thread, get offended and respond. This about it

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Only Jordan stans would be insecure about this thread, get offended and respond. This about it

Offended? Please. We're grateful for the free rent. :cheers:

riseagainst
04-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Jordan is still the GOAT overall, because of his 6 rings and 5 mvps.

But Curry is the GOAT offensive player and it's NOT even close.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 12:42 PM
Offended? Please. We're grateful for the free rent. :cheers:

Rent free. Another saying of the insecure :cheers:

Black Magic
04-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Jordan is still the GOAT overall, because of his 6 rings and 5 mvps.

But Curry is the GOAT offensive player and it's NOT even close.

based off one season? Jordan had like 10 straight amazing offensive seasons

GrapeApe
04-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Again:

1- Pretend not to be insecure and acknowledge the accomplishment
2- Remind people that Jordan is GOAT

If you weren't so insecure point 2 should never have to be brought up. You're clearly insecure.

First of all, I'm not a Jordan stan at all. I believe he's the GOAT but I also consider KAJ, Wilt, and Russell to be in the conversation. Point 2 is being brought up because of the implied nature of this thread. You are clearly fishing for it with the sole purpose of calling Jordan fans insecure. Even if someone acknowledged the accomplishment without referencing Jordan, you'd STILL say they were being insecure. Like I menioned before, it's a no-win scenario and a thinly veiled attempt to criticize Jordan fans, regardless of their response. Again, I'm no Jordan stan. I couldn't care less about his GOAT status being or not being in jeopardy. I'm just calling it like I see it.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 01:05 PM
First of all, I'm not a Jordan stan at all. I believe he's the GOAT but I also consider KAJ, Wilt, and Russell to be in the conversation. Point 2 is being brought up because of the implied nature of this thread. You are clearly fishing for it with the sole purpose of calling Jordan fans insecure. Even if someone acknowledged the accomplishment without referencing Jordan, you'd STILL say they were being insecure. Like I menioned before, it's a no-win scenario and a thinly veiled attempt to criticize Jordan fans, regardless of their response. Again, I'm no Jordan stan. I couldn't care less about his GOAT status being or not being in jeopardy. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Only Jordan stans would continue to reiterate their point due to insecurities. If you're not a stan, let it be and let guys like 3ball make a fool of themselves.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 01:22 PM
Rent free. Another saying of the insecure :cheers:

Rent-free, thanks.

feyki
04-14-2016, 01:37 PM
And how do you weigh those two entities? Should one be given more weight over the other? Let's say Curry ends next season with a 3peat of MVPs and championships while performing at his current level. Why shouldn't that overshadow the fact that he'd have 'only' played 8 years by then?

Of course year impact+year impact+year impact .....

Individual awards or team accomplishments doesn't matter for me . Impact and impact year by year .

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 01:43 PM
Of course year impact+year impact+year impact .....

Individual awards or team accomplishments doesn't matter for me . Impact and impact year by year .

So what metric do you use to measure impact, if not individual and team awards? How do you define elite?

Dro
04-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Thread is pretty dumb tbh. Who uses the 72 wins when propping up Jordan? lol...He's GOAT for a million other reasons...This thread seems desperate...

feyki
04-14-2016, 02:14 PM
So what metric do you use to measure impact, if not individual and team awards? How do you define elite?

%70-75 statistical with great vision .

Straight_Ballin
04-14-2016, 02:20 PM
Thread is pretty dumb tbh. Who uses the 72 wins when propping up Jordan? lol...He's GOAT for a million other reasons...This thread seems desperate...

No one is stupid enough to think that GSW reg season record impacts Jordan as GOAT. Thread was created to get a rise out of people and it's done nothing but backfire. If anything, it just proves that people understand the real reasons why MJ is GOAT.

AlphaWolf24
04-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Wait 3Ball.....

you can flip it...

- Steve Kerr played with MJ when the Bull's won 72.....That means Jordan actually taught Steve Kerr how " to win and make everyone better"...

just like he did with "Pippen, Grant" and BJ"

- Kobe Copied MJ.....therefore ....at 37 years old in teh modern era...MJ could drop 60 - 100 points without " handchecking"

( raises arms up in the air)...F@CK i'm good.

Dro
04-14-2016, 02:25 PM

You are the definition of troll...You've had many level headed posts in this thread. Its like your responses are already stored in your head, you go off and do whatever you do during the day, come back to the forum and paste your responses. Its like you didn't even read anything posted but then again, the thread premise is pretty :confusedshrug: in the first place...

Legends66NBA7
04-14-2016, 02:28 PM

Yeah, didn't Jordan getting GOAT claims before the 2nd peat ?

Whether one wants to agree with that or not, that's what it was at the time. Thread is nonsense, but this what ISH has become or been like for a long time now.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Rent-free, thanks.

Reeks of insecurity. Thanks

hateraid
04-14-2016, 02:33 PM
No one is stupid enough to think that GSW reg season record impacts Jordan as GOAT. Thread was created to get a rise out of people and it's done nothing but backfire. If anything, it just proves that people understand the real reasons why MJ is GOAT.

How has it backfired? In fact it's gone exactly according to plan. Jordaneers coming in with insecurities defending thier God.
This thread was a bigger success than planned.

Legends66NBA7
04-14-2016, 02:34 PM

Ugh, any fan base would get offended if you called them out on the thread title. It's clear baiting and would be locked up on any other board. Fortunately, this board doesn't have moderation or a care in the world for anything else other than shit posting anymore.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Reeks of insecurity. Thanks

Reeks even more of free rent. Thanks.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 02:35 PM
%70-75 statistical with great vision .

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Dro
04-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Yeah, didn't Jordan getting GOAT claims before the 2nd peat ?

Whether one wants to agree with that or not, that's what it was at the time. Thread is nonsense, but this what ISH has become or been like for a long time now.
But honestly, a couple guys have already called him out on his bs. Anybody with a brain can see what he's trying to do. It makes no logical sense to sit up here and create a thread titled "Where are all the Jordan stans" and then backpedal when he actually DID NOT get a bunch of canned/fanboy responses. He got logical responses and he doesn't know what to do with himself:lol

How do you beat a troll? Logic:confusedshrug:

Dro
04-14-2016, 02:37 PM
How has it backfired? In fact it's gone exactly according to plan.
Exactly. Game. Set. Match. Thanks for admitting what everyone already knows..:applause:

Legends66NBA7
04-14-2016, 02:39 PM
But honestly, a couple guys have already called him out on his bs. Anybody with a brain can see what he's trying to do. It makes no logical sense to sit up here and create a thread titled "Where are all the Jordan stans" and then backpedal when he actually DID NOT get a bunch of canned/fanboy responses. He got logical responses and he doesn't know what to do with himself:lol

How do you beat a troll? Logic:confusedshrug:

Ignore. Best way to deal with anything. No attention drives them crazy.

PS - May the better team win on Saturday and the series. :cheers:

GrapeApe
04-14-2016, 02:46 PM
How has it backfired? In fact it's gone exactly according to plan. Jordaneers coming in with insecurities defending thier God.
This thread was a bigger success than planned.

So you admit that the sole purpose of making this thread was baiting. That makes YOU look stupid, not the Jordan fans. That was my entire point. You make a thread to incite responses and then criticize those who respond in the exact manner in which you intended. It's ridiculous, and it's threads like these that have ruined this site.

Dro
04-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Ignore. Best way to deal with anything. No attention drives them crazy.

PS - May the better team win on Saturday and the series. :cheers:
Damn, thats right bro!! Raptors!! Honestly, I do feel like we can make this a series but I do feel Toronto is obviously better but I feel we can make it a 6 game series. I'm worried about Lowry and Derozan obviously. Biyombo also had like 50 rebounds in the first half against us, lol...

hateraid
04-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Lol, this thread is gold. It's always funny watching Jordan stans scramble to hide their insecurities

scandisk_
04-14-2016, 02:53 PM
Baiting MJ stans sure reeks insecurity.

next

hateraid
04-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Reeks even more of free rent. Thanks.
Lol, repeating rent free doesn't erase insecurities. I think I might have all of you rent free. I got a whole Copley to choose where to live!

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 02:54 PM
So you admit that the sole purpose of making this thread was baiting. That makes YOU look stupid, not the Jordan fans. That was my entire point. You make a thread to incite responses and then criticize those who respond in the exact manner in which you intended. It's ridiculous, and it's threads like these that have ruined this site.

Unfortunately the slack moderating creates idiots like this. But as someone said earlier( was it you?) he's pretty much creating a false narrative. The thread wasn't a celebration of Kobe and the Warriors. Its to bait MJ fans into saying 'that's great, but that doesn't change the overall narrative'. Half of his posts have been simple 'you're insecure' replies because he didnt have a swarm of Kobe/Curry fans backing up his nonsense, and otherwise doesn't know how to retort anything being said to him. The thread is about MJ, so when we reply in the most logical fashion, its insecurity. His replies are premeditated stupidity that he would have said no matter the answers he got.

So he knew fullwell what he wanted to do with the thread, and again on a more tightly moderated forum this would have been deleted a few hours ago.

AlphaWolf24
04-14-2016, 02:57 PM
added.....

real talk...

Not only is it the end of the Kobe era.....but also ....it feels like the last Remanence piece of the Jordan era is gone also..

Kobe obviously took so much of MJ's game...he as was all of us was that kid that wanted to "be like Mike"

I don't know if we see another Kobe/Mj player with the same skillset or mentality..for a loooong time....Most kids Today grow up wanting to shoot like Curry

my fear is also ...Kids just wanting to be on " Superteams" and play AAU Ball all the time....

the last true Alpha may gone folks....

Legends66NBA7
04-14-2016, 02:58 PM
Damn, thats right bro!! Raptors!! Honestly, I do feel like we can make this a series but I do feel Toronto is obviously better but I feel we can make it a 6 game series. I'm worried about Lowry and Derozan obviously. Biyombo also had like 50 rebounds in the first half against us, lol...

Yeah, Indy is the underdog and Toronto super confident right now. I think Jonas is the big X-Factor. I don't think anyone Indiana will consistently guard him on the block and yeah Biymobo was huge for us that game. Mahinmi should really be playing Biymobo's role, but there's no true C after that for Indy.

I would figure Vogel wants to spread the floor and make as much 3's as possible because Toronto hasn't done a good job covering the 3 all season. Toronto probably would counter by just attacking the rim, but that's how I can see Indy making it competitive.

ShawkFactory
04-14-2016, 02:58 PM
Lol, repeating rent free doesn't erase insecurities. I think I might have all of you rent free. I got a whole Copley to choose where to live!
You've gotten your shit spun backwards in this thread.

Just go make another one...live to fight another day

hateraid
04-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately the slack moderating creates idiots like this. But as someone said earlier( was it you?) he's pretty much creating a false narrative. The thread wasn't a celebration of Kobe and the Warriors. Its to bait MJ fans into saying 'that's great, but that doesn't change the overall narrative'. Half of his posts have been simple 'you're insecure' replies because he didnt have a swarm of Kobe/Curry fans backing up his nonsense, and otherwise doesn't know how to retort anything being said to him. The thread is about MJ, so when we reply in the most logical fashion, its insecurity. His replies are premeditated stupidity that he would have said no matter the answers he got.

So he knew fullwell what he wanted to do with the thread, and again on a more tightly moderated forum this would have been deleted a few hours ago.

Lol. Because a bunch of insecure crybabies can't handle the truth?
It's so easy to make you guys cry. I haven't broken any rules. And it wasn't a bait. I just predicted it would go a certain way and you guys did. :lol

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 03:05 PM
Lol. Because a bunch of insecure crybabies can't handle the truth?
It's so easy to make you guys cry. I haven't broken any rules. And it wasn't a bait. I just predicted it would go a certain way and you guys did. :lol

It was a bait. On a better board your sorry ass thread would have been deleted. Not even some of the diehard Kobe/ Curry fans bothered coming in back you up, thats how retarded the premise of the thread is. There's some good trolls on the forum, you aren't one of them which makes your efforts even sadder. I suppose at this point we'll humor you untill we get bored enough to stop, at which point you'll need to find another way to get yourself off. Sorry.

feyki
04-14-2016, 03:06 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why does? I didn't share anything about my way . Just did show way . Of course that doesn't explain anything .

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Why does? I didn't share anything about my way . Just did show way . Of course that doesn't explain anything .

That didnt make any sense either. But taking your last comment, 75% impact with great vision? What the hell does that even mean?

hateraid
04-14-2016, 03:11 PM
It was a bait. On a better board your sorry ass thread would have been deleted. Not even some of the diehard Kobe/ Curry fans bothered coming in back you up, thats how retarded the premise of the thread is. There's some good trolls on the forum, you aren't one of them which makes your efforts even sadder. I suppose at this point we'll humor you untill we get bored enough to stop, at which point you'll need to find another way to get yourself off. Sorry.

Then leave. Reality is stans like you is the reason people don't post in the NBA forum. You guys are delusional and can't accept others opinions.

The funny thing is you think I need back up. :lol trust me, they all laugh at you in other threads. Plus they know I can handle all of you by myself. You must not know me very well and my contributions on here. In fact outside of maybe 3ball because he's flat out entertaining, ISH would miss me more than 20 of you Jordan stans combined. Do you notice that you have the same nut ball Jordan stans that nobody respects backing you? Lol, I'm a mod, I got my Sixers fans, my vets, and the whole OTC to back me if I need. So you can just **** off and wallow in your own insecurities. :cheers:

Bless Mathews
04-14-2016, 03:21 PM
Op is a flaming homo

Jordan stans don't care bout no damn regular season record.

When anyone goes 6-6 with 6 finals MVP, then we can have a discussion.

Oh and 10 scoring titles.

Oh and everyone in the world wearing his shoes 30 years after they came out.

Jordan is the goat of all goats and it's not even close.

Anyone that thinks otherwise has shit for brains.

Period.

feyki
04-14-2016, 03:22 PM
That didnt make any sense either. But taking your last comment, 75% impact with great vision? What the hell does that even mean?

Analysing the numbers with measuring the " which works " . How do you better on the court ? And secret hiding in playmaking and defence . Those 2 hard to measure with average vision , like PER , raw stats etc ..

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 03:25 PM
Then leave. Reality is stans like you is the reason people don't post in the NBA forum. You guys are delusional and can't accept others opinions.

The funny thing is you think I need back up. :lol trust me, they all laugh at you in other threads. Plus they know I can handle all of you by myself. You must not know me very well and my contributions on here. In fact outside of maybe 3ball because he's flat out entertaining, ISH would miss me more than 20 of you Jordan stans combined. Do you notice that you have the same nut ball Jordan stans that nobody respects backing you? Lol, I'm a mod, I got my Sixers fans, my vets, and the whole OTC to back me if I need. So you can just **** off and wallow in your own insecurities. :cheers:

So edgy.

We gave you opinions. You choose to see it as insecurity. Be honest, you weren't interested in our views. Ironically the insecurity is in the need to create the thread, as is the need to declare that you have some back-up crew of random posters on a internet message board. Nobody gives a fcuk about that. You got schooled in this thread by a few posters, and have nothing else to offer.You already said this was part of a plan, so you admit to getting kicks out of trolling. Not sure which is more pathetic, that you have no retort other than repeating insecurity, or that you hilariously lack the self-awareness at how insecure this little desparate cry for attention makes you look. Did you not get enough love and attention as a child? There's counselling for that.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Analysing the numbers with measuring the " which works " . How do you better on the court ? And secret hiding in playmaking and defence . Those 2 hard to measure with average vision , like PER , raw stats etc ..

Never mind. Maybe someone can translate that.

CavaliersFTW
04-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Op is a flaming homo

Jordan stans don't care bout no damn regular season record.

When anyone goes 6-6 with 6 finals MVP, then we can have a discussion.

Oh and 10 scoring titles.

Oh and everyone in the world wearing his shoes 30 years after they came out.

Jordan is the goat of all goats and it's not even close.

Anyone that thinks otherwise has shit for brains.

Period.
Yes they absolutely do, stop shifting the goal posts. The entire premise of their argument is:

- look at MJs regular season resume

"Wilt Chamberlains resume in the regular season > MJs

- b-b-but 6 rings

"Russell has 11 rings and did way more shit in the playoffs"

- yeah but MJ has more scoring titles and regular season accolades!

It's just an ever moving goal post so Jordan stans heavily depend on both MJ's regular season and playoff resume because neither is strong enough on its own to stand up to other players. To take away ground in either direction causes an immediate defensive lash out. Kobe just retired in NBA record setting legendary fashion, something Jordan did not do, and the Warriors just snatched the Bulls oft-boasted "record" for the regular season. That means the two record setting regular season teams at the top of the list in basketball are now the 2016 Warriors (most wins in a season/highest winning%), and the 1972 Lakers (most consecutive wins). MJ's bulls aren't even going to be mentioned anymore except for 2nd place which kids of future generations won't even care about. Yesterday Jordan fans lost a lot of ground. Admit it.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 03:29 PM
So edgy.

We gave you opinions. You choose to see it as insecurity. Be honest, you weren't interested in our views. Ironically the insecurity is in the need to create the thread, as is the need to declare that you have some back-up crew of random posters on a internet message board. Nobody gives a fcuk about that. You got schooled in this thread by a few posters, and have nothing else to offer.You already said this was part of a plan, so you admit to getting kicks out of trolling. Not sure which is more pathetic, that you have no retort other than repeating insecurity, or that you hilariously lack the self-awareness at how insecure this little desparate cry for attention makes you look. Did you not get enough love and attention as a child? There's counselling for that.
You're the one who brought up "back up":lol
Good lord you're mad! Keep proving me right Mr. Insecurity

feyki
04-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Never mind. Maybe someone can translate that.

Nobody can .

kamil
04-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Yes they absolutely do, stop shifting the goal posts. The entire premise of their argument is:

- b-b-but look at MJs regular season resume

"Wilt Chamberlains resume in the regular season shits all over MJs

- b-b-but 6 rings

"Bill Russell has 11 rings and did way more shit in the playoffs"

Jordan stans heavily depend on both MJ's regular season and playoff resume because neither is strong enough on its own to stand up to other players. To take away ground in either direction causes an immediate defensive lash out. Kobe just retired in NBA record setting legendary fashion, something Jordan did not do, and the Warriors just snatched the Bulls oft-boasted "record" for the regular season. That means the two record setting regular season teams at the top of the list in basketball are now the 2016 Warriors (most wins in a season/highest winning%), and the 1972 Lakers (most consecutive wins). MJ's bulls aren't even going to be mentioned anymore except for 2nd place which kids of future generations won't even care about. Yesterday Jordan fans lost a lot of ground. Admit it.

MJ fans will get over it. He's still the GOAT.... meanwhile LeBron* fans will never come to terms with the greatest loser of all time. 2/6.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 03:42 PM

- b-b-but 6 rings

It's just an ever moving goal post so Jordan stans heavily depend on both MJ's regular season and playoff resume because neither is strong enough on its own to stand up to other players. To take away ground in either direction causes an immediate defensive lash out. Kobe just retired in NBA record setting legendary fashion, something Jordan did not do, and the Warriors just snatched the Bulls oft-boasted "record" for the regular season. That means the two record setting regular season teams at the top of the list in basketball are now the 2016 Warriors (most wins in a season/highest winning%), and the 1972 Lakers (most consecutive wins). MJ's bulls aren't even going to be mentioned anymore except for 2nd place which kids of future generations won't even care about. Yesterday Jordan fans lost a lot of ground. Admit it.

The funny thing is that wasn't even my intentions to begin with. I was just pointing out how the NBA forum was different and a lot funner without all their nonsense. But they are predictable and came in as expected with the arguments everyone knew they would use.

1- Pretend not to be insecure and acknowledge last night
2- Proceed to remind people how great Jordan is

Now they're all scrambling and reaching for anything to try and deflect. Too funny

Bless Mathews
04-14-2016, 03:43 PM

- b-b-but 6 rings

I'm a Jordan Stan.

It don't matter much.

The thing an idiot like you don't realize is that Jordan has GOAT resume in reg season AND PLAYOFFS.

:lol

Jordan got all bases covered. He's the goat of all goats.

AND THE WARRIORS STILL AINT WON THE CHIP!!

Let's see how many series they sweep in playoffs.

If they sweep the Spurs.

That Jordan team swept Shaq in the ecf.

SWEPT.

Idiots.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 03:51 PM
You're the one who brought up "back up":lol
Good lord you're mad! Keep proving me right Mr. Insecurity

Yep, I did. And you were insecure enough to go on some rant about who you are and who you know........on an internet message board. Something that only an insecure person would think is of any importance to anyone else.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm a Jordan Stan.

It don't matter much.

The thing an idiot like you don't realize is that Jordan has GOAT resume in reg season AND PLAYOFFS.

:lol

Jordan got all bases covered. He's the goat of all goats.

AND THE WARRIORS STILL AINT WON THE CHIP!!

Let's see how many series they sweep in playoffs.

If they sweep the Spurs.

That Jordan team swept Shaq in the ecf.

SWEPT.

Idiots.

The word insecurity is to remind oneself and everyone around them a point to boost their esteem. Like what you do with Jordan.....or the fact that you're a bandwagon Seahawk fan since 20"12"

hateraid
04-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Yep, I did. And you were insecure enough to go on some rant about who you are and who you know........on an internet message board. Something that only an insecure person would think is of any importance to anyone else.
Lol, typical Jordan stan. Always reaching and deflecting.
So easy to get you guys all riled up and off your game!

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 04:10 PM
It's just an ever moving goal post so Jordan stans heavily depend on both MJ's regular season and playoff resume because neither is strong enough on its own to stand up to other players.

How many players have a legit GOAT case who don't have both strong regular season and playoff resumes? Nobody considered a GOAT level player has one and not the other. For me, Jordan is in a category with Wilt, Russel, Kareem, Magic, and Bird. At their respective bests, the differences are miniscule and even track record has a degree of circumstance to it.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Lol, typical Jordan stan. Always reaching and deflecting.
So easy to get you guys all riled up and off your game!

Ok. So now that your plan has worked to perfection, what's your goals for the rest of the day?

hateraid
04-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Ok. So now that your plan has worked to perfection, what's your goals for the rest of the day?
Relax, laugh at you and how mad you're getting. Maybe have a drink and watch some NHL playoffs. Enjoy my family. You know. Typical stuff normal people do who are secure with their lives.

G0ATbe
04-14-2016, 04:21 PM
There's not one Jordan game I can think of more iconic than Kobe's 81 point game or outscoring an entire team through 3 quarter or 60 point final game. Even in that weak ass era Jordan simply doesnt measure up in comparison and there's no shame in that, nobody else could either.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Relax, laugh at you and how mad you're getting. Maybe have a drink and watch some NHL playoffs. Enjoy my family. You know. Typical stuff normal people do who are secure with their lives.

Translation:

Go back to your mom's basement and think about what innovative trolling you will unleash on humanity tomorrow, drown the L's you've taken today in alcohol and learn a new sport because this one's a little past you.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 04:38 PM
Translation:

Go back to your mom's basement and think about what innovative trolling you will unleash on humanity tomorrow, drown the L's you've taken today in alcohol and learn a new sport because this one's a little past you.
Hahaha! Another stan tactic. Fabricate some mom's basement story. OMG peeps, step 3 is the meltdown stage!

Papaya Petee
04-14-2016, 04:49 PM

- b-b-but 6 rings

It's not though. Also, aside from you and Lazeruss nobody talks about Wilt in the GOAT discussions. Most have him in the 4-8 range anyways.

CavaliersFTW
04-14-2016, 05:04 PM
It's not though. Also, aside from you and Lazeruss nobody talks about Wilt in the GOAT discussions. Most have him in the 4-8 range anyways.
12,000 basketball fans and counting disagree with you - who knows how many more that take a passive stance on youtube. About a dozen former NBA players on that 50 greatest list who's opinions carry substantial weight claim he's #1 all-time.

While I think there is no right or wrong answer on the overall pantheon of greatness (unless you get into prioritizing specific accomplishments), it's silly to pretend a large group of people don't herald him as the GOAT. Wilt Chamberlain doesn't have a tiny fanbase. As with Kobe, the amount of haters should tell you that right off the bat.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 05:13 PM
Hahaha! Another stan tactic. Fabricate some mom's basement story. OMG peeps, step 3 is the meltdown stage!

Haha, another troll tactic. Fabricate some story about having family to act like you have better things to do, but has time and energy to create threads admittedly to troll. Textbook stuff here, ISH.

Bless Mathews
04-14-2016, 05:18 PM

Slayed

:roll: :roll:

He gots real innanent "peeps". Hahahha

Hateraid gets punked by gays. What you expect?

hateraid
04-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Haha, another troll tactic. Fabricate some story about having family to act like you have better things to do, but has time and energy to create threads admittedly to troll. Textbook stuff here, ISH.
Chalk another one up for the cringe thread! Dude your banter is pretty pathetic. Resorting to making things up is pretty cringe

hateraid
04-14-2016, 05:29 PM
Slayed

:roll: :roll:

He gots real innanent "peeps". Hahahha

Hateraid gets punked by gays. What you expect?

Lol, you missed the part where I flipped it and got 10 times out of the value from your gay lover. Meanwhile Bless is still stuck between not knowing if he's a hipster or a black drug dealer from the suburbs

Smoke117
04-14-2016, 05:29 PM

Or...

Very interesting.

How is even close to possibly challenging for GOAT? Even if Warriors winsand he wins FMVP he's not close to GOAT simply because of doesn't have the longevity yet. You are ranked by your career...not two seasons. He isn't even close to top 10 regardless of what the Warriors and he does the rest of this season. He hasn't done it long enough, period.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 05:32 PM
Chalk another one up for the cringe thread! Dude your banter is pretty pathetic. Resorting to making things up is pretty cringe

Oh, is this a competition for best message board banter, family man and ISH leader of sixers fans, vets and the whole OTC? And a mod too! What a model of secure-ness for us all! :bowdown:

Oh about that step 3 meltdown:

Like this?

hateraid
04-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Yes! He's reached meltdown!

Lol. This is too easy. He mad AF :roll:

hateraid
04-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Lol! So hilarious, he's like a kid lost for words so he'll resort to acting like a 6 year old.
"NO YOU ARE MELTING DOWN":cry:

He mad AF!

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 06:12 PM
^ Yep, step 3 confirmed. So shook it took him two different posts to stretch out the meltdown process, before our very eyes. So shook he didn't even think to simply edit his first post. Final stage of step 3, acting like you're in control and not beyond pissed at all the L's delivered to him today, and the fact that he got called on thinking good 'forum banter' is something to aspire to.

Rough day, bro. There's always tomorrow. "Go home to your family, have a drink, and watch hockey."

kamil
04-14-2016, 06:12 PM
hateraid, you're a loser. You've wasted way too much time already celebrating what you think is MJ's downfall.

Get laid.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 06:19 PM
hateraid, you're a loser. You've wasted way too much time already celebrating what you think is MJ's downfall.

Get laid.

Nah man, no-one who can balance being a family man and having an ISH crew is a loser in my book.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 06:29 PM
Nah man, no-one who can balance being a family man and having an ISH crew is a loser in my book.
Lol, he's come undone!

You realize even your buddies knew this has nothing to do with Jordan. You're the only one who has taking it to heart and waaayy to seriously and personally. :lol

Lol, meltdown confirmed!

hateraid
04-14-2016, 06:31 PM

Get laid.

Who said anything about Jordan's downfall? This thread has nothing to do with that nor di I suggest that.
Another insecure fakkit coming in defending something that wasn't an argument in the first place :lol
This shit is too easy!

3ball
04-14-2016, 06:35 PM
curry didnt play defense and still won more.

Since Curry didn't play defense AND scored a lower proportion of his team's points than Jordan, he had more help on both sides of the ball:

.................PERCENTAGE OF TEAM POINTS SCORED WHILE PLAYER WAS ON FLOOR

JORDAN 1997... 36.0 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Regular%20Season)..... 40.1 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4)..... 37.7 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs)..... 46.3 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4)...... 40.9 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4)...... 50.4 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&PORound=4) <--- links to nba.com data
JORDAN 1998... 36.3 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Regular%20Season)..... 42.1 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4)..... 39.7 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs)..... 48.8 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4)...... 43.6 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4)...... 49.1 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/usage/?Season=1997-98&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&PORound=4)

CURRY 2015..... 29.9 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season)..... 36.2 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4)..... 33.4 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs)..... 36.6 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4)...... 29.3 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4)...... 40.6 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4&Period=4)
CURRY 2016..... 35.0 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/)..... 39.3 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/usage/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4)

Curry's individual efficiency blows MJ's away.

Not at all - Curry's PER is lower than Jordan's was (31.5 to Jordan's 31.7 in 1991).. This is Curry's first season with a 31+ PER, whereas Jordan has 4 straight seasons of 31+ and a higher career PER.

Also, Curry's ORtg (points-per-possession) is 125, just like Jordan in 1991.

Finally, Curry's efficiency is boosted by carrying a smaller load on both sides of the ball - he didn't play defense and scored a lower proportion of his teams points (as stats show above).. Since Jordan reached the holy grail of basketball (winning championship and FMVP) while carrying a bigger load, who cares about efficiency..

If Curry had a bigger load on BOTH sides of the ball like MJ, his efficiency would be lower like Jordan's.

How big is the gap between the 2 really in terms of skills?

Jordan was the FAR better jumpshooter inside 20 feet - he shot much better on literally 5 times the volume:

.....................MJ 1997 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/893/stats/shooting/?Season=1996-97&SeasonType=Regular%20Season)...................Cur ry 2015 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/shooting/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season)............ Curry 2016 (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201939/stats/shooting/) <--- link to nba.com data

5-9 ft.......... 49.2%, 126 fga........... 40.3%, 72 fga.......... 48.6%, 72 fga

10-14 ft....... 51.5%, 466 fga........... 52.9%, 85 fga.......... 50.9%, 57 fga

15-19 ft....... 49.5%, 594 fga........... 43.9%, 132 fga........ 37.3%, 102 fga

Overall midrange % (all shots inside the 3-point line but outside the paint)

JORDAN 1997:. 49.3%, 1202 fga
CURRY.. 2015:. 41.1%, 285 fga
CURRY.. 2016:. 42.5%, 200 fga

Btw, Jordan's assist averages are nearly the same as Curry's even though Curry played point guard his entire career.. When Jordan played point guard - he did it better - he averaged 30/9/11 including 10 triple-doubles in 11 games.. He also averaged 8.5 APG during a championship playoff run, including 11.2 in the Finals.

Other than 3-pointers, Jordan was better at basically everything - he was a better passer, post player, midrange player, and paint player, and a better shooter inside 20 feet.

Ironically, Jordan wouldn't NEED his goat midrange shooting to be the best in today's game - Lebron, Westbrook, Derozan, Butler and Wade have poor midrange AND 3-point efficiency, but they're still the top scorers because today's wide open spacing and hands-off defense allows athletic players easier access to the rim than ever before.

Today's spacing and hands-off defense would benefit MJ's athleticism the same way, except he'd have goat midrange shooting, which would be a massive advantage over his aforementioned, non-shooting peers.

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 06:42 PM
Lol, he's come undone!

You realize even your buddies knew this has nothing to do with Jordan. You're the only one who has taking it to heart and waaayy to seriously and personally. :lol

Lol, meltdown confirmed!

Is your wife there with a pissed off expression because you're on ISH bragging about your crew and what makes good 'banter', instead of laying the pipe? Come on bro, it's family time. Stop tapping on that keyboard feverishly waiting for me to reply and start tapping Mrs. Hateraid.

Oh and....

Nuclear.

Spurs m8
04-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Why is hateraide melting down so much?

kamil
04-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Why is hateraide melting down so much?

Because hes a 'fakkit'

hateraid
04-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Is your wife there with a pissed off expression because you're on ISH bragging about your crew and what makes good 'banter', instead of laying the pipe? Come on bro, it's family time. Stop tapping on that keyboard feverishly waiting for me to reply and start tapping Mrs. Hateraid.

Oh and....

Nuclear.

Cringe! You sure got me!
This is something a 12 year old would use :lol
My god, I get a better challenge from my 11 year old son. You were picked on in high school weren't you? Pretty obvious. You have some of the worst comeback attempts ever!

I can't believe you're taking this so personally! Life must really suck for you that you got to deflect it on me.

3ball
04-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Where are the Jordan stans?

Fans of the goat are above all this stuff because the goat is the best OVERALL - no need to get too excited about 1 regular season or 1 game.

3ball
04-14-2016, 07:33 PM
Jordan had FAR less turnovers, which squashes Curry's assist advantage, and leaves him with only ONE category that he leads - true shooting.

Jordan leads in every other category, and his playoff stats destroy Curry's 2016 regular season:

Per 100 Possessions

JORDAN 1991 RS: 42.7 pts.. 8.1 reb..4 7.5 ast.. 3.3 tov.. 3.7 stl.. 1.4 blk.. 60.4 ts.. 125 ORtg.. 31.6 PER.. 0.321 WS/48
CURRY 4 2016 RS: 42.5 pts.. 7.7 reb..4 9.4 ast.. 4.7 tov.. 3.0 stl.. 0.3 blk.. 66.9 ts.. 125 ORtg.. 31.5 PER.. 0.318 WS/48
JORDAN 1991 PO: 41.8 pts.. 8.5 reb.. 11.2 ast.. 3.4 tov.. 3.2 stl.. 1.8 blk.. 60.0 ts.. 127 ORtg.. 32.0 PER.. 0.333 WS/48

The stats above show that Jordan had higher PER and equal points-per-possession (ORtg), even though Curry's efficiency is boosted by carrying a smaller load on both sides of the ball: he doesn't play defense and scores a lower proportion of his team's points:

Since Jordan reached the holy grail of basketball (winning championship and FMVP) while carrying a bigger load, who cares about true shooting.

This notion that Curry is on Jordan's level due to true shooting ALONE is ludicrous - if that was the case, then Tyson Chandler, Ibaka, Dell Curry and Reggie Miller would also be on Jordan's level.. :rolleyes:

hateraid
04-14-2016, 07:37 PM
This is hilarious. Even the other posters knew this was a joke thread. Dragonyuew has taken personally to the point he's rambling like a 12 year old! Lol. He might be a cutter. I fear for his life!

Dragonyuew, do you need help? Do you realize you're the only person here that has taken it personally? Step back and see how stupid you're looking. You think you're winning but you keep on digging this deeper hole. You can't climb out of it so you're only choice is to fight some meaningless battle. Tell me, are you fighting me or yourself? You're losing it kid! When you got to resort to mom's basement jokes to try and win an e battle you really should consider just giving up. It's embarssing

Or keep on melting down. I'm getting entertained by it:lol

I'll keep the NBA forum entertained by watching your cringe responses :cheers:

3ball
04-14-2016, 07:37 PM
As the stats show above, Curry leads Jordan in ONE category - true shooting.

Jordan leads in all other categories and carried a bigger load on both sides of the ball.

Since Jordan reached the holy grail of basketball (winning championship and FMVP) while carrying a bigger load, who cares about true shooting.

This notion that Curry is on Jordan's level due to true shooting ALONE is ludicrous - if that was the case, then Tyson Chandler, Ibaka, Dell Curry and Reggie Miller would also be on Jordan's level..

hateraid
04-14-2016, 07:40 PM
As the stats show above, Curry leads Jordan in ONE category - true shooting.

Jordan leads in all other categories and carried a bigger load on both sides of the ball.

This notion that Curry is on Jordan's level due to true shooting ALONE is ludicrous - if that was the case, then Tyson Chandler, Ibaka, Dell Curry and Reggie Miller would also be on Jordan's level..

Dude, all great and shit, but could you move this to another thread that's actually trying to downplay Jordan? Dragonyuew hasn't understood that yet and he needs space for him to cry

G-train
04-14-2016, 07:40 PM
They're all watching The Voice avoiding all things NBA:lol

Praise God for April 13/2016. They day that silenced the Jordan stans

Jordan stans would be around 40 year of age plus, so probably too busy to be debating on a forum with 13 year olds and trolls.

tpols
04-14-2016, 07:43 PM
This is hilarious. Even the other posters knew this was a joke thread. Dragonyuew has taken personally to the point he's rambling like a 12 year old! Lol. He might be a cutter. I fear for his life!

Dragonyuew, do you need help? Do you realize you're the only person here that has taken it personally? Step back and see how stupid you're looking. You think you're winning but you keep on digging this deeper hole. You can't climb out of it so you're only choice is to fight some meaningless battle. Tell me, are you fighting me or yourself? You're losing it kid! When you got to resort to mom's basement jokes to try and win an e battle you really should consider just giving up. It's embarssing

you're acting like just as much of a child bro ..

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 07:48 PM
Cringe! You sure got me!
This is something a 12 year old would use :lol
My god, I get a better challenge from my 11 year old son. You were picked on in high school weren't you? Pretty obvious. You have some of the worst comeback attempts ever!

I can't believe you're taking this so personally! Life must really suck for you that you got to deflect it on me.

That was quick. Thought after all these L's you'd be pulling an all nighter with wifey with baby hateraid screaming in the background. All that family time you talked about 3 hours ago. You know what this is......because this conversation is the highlight of your day? Rent-free. Instead of quality time with the wife, this dude is arguing about comebacks and banter on the internet as if this shit actually matters. You were better off not telling us you have an 11 year old, unless thats just a cover and you're downstairs in mommys basement. But if true...holy fcuk dude. Not a good look.

Kobefcukingfakkit.jpg

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 07:51 PM

Step 3.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Step 3.

I'm melting down? :lol
Bro, I'm legit trying to help you!

Do you even know what a meltdown is? It's when someone has taking something someone else says and takes it way to personally they resort to acting out. In case you haven't notice, you're the only person in this thread who's taking this personally. I mean honestly, did you rally think a mom's basement joke really affects a grown man who owns his own home? That's how unraveled you've become! You're making no sense. And like I said before, now you've dug yourself a hole and the only way you know how to get out is by reaching. It's obvious how much I'm affecting you because you probably have never in your life been bothered to reply to one poster sooooo much that now you can't let it go! I haven't taken it personally. I'm having fun with it. You're clearly mad AF!

hateraid
04-14-2016, 08:33 PM
you're acting like just as much of a child bro ..

Meh. I haven't gone to the point of using mother jokes. I'm having fun with it. He's clearly rattled. Maybe one less Jordan stan this board has to deal with. Others have gone this far with me but now have become level headed and actually I get along quite well with. This guy just needs to realize that this is a message board and jokes happen. I honestly think he's got real life personal issues and he needs to deal with it

hateraid
04-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Jordan stans would be around 40 year of age plus, so probably too busy to be debating on a forum with 13 year olds and trolls.

Obviously one Jordan stan can be pushed to sink to that level :lol

AlphaWolf24
04-14-2016, 08:35 PM
So many walls of text.......so many feelings caught....

Dragonew posting some emotional reading material ......

I know son.....Jordan Stans and Kobe stans crying alot lately.....emotional time to be a NBA fan

Dragonyeuw
04-14-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm melting down? :lol
Bro, I'm legit trying to help you!

Do you even know what a meltdown is? It's when someone has taking something someone else says and takes it way to personally they resort to acting out. In case you haven't notice, you're the only person in this thread who's taking this personally. I mean honestly, did you rally think a mom's basement joke really affects a grown man who owns his own home? That's how unraveled you've become! You're making no sense. And like I said before, now you've dug yourself a hole and the only way you know how to get out is by reaching. It's obvious how much I'm affecting you because you probably have never in your life been bothered to reply to one poster sooooo much that now you can't let it go! I haven't taken it personally. I'm having fun with it. You're clearly mad AF!

This is the internet. Anything claimed on here could be total BS, whether it be you having children or owning a home. You claim these things as if this is supposed to indicate that you have better things to do. Well, go do it. Why are you here bsing with a stranger on the internet?

Anyways, anyone who has followed this thread over the past 6 pages can clearly see we're pretty much trolling each other. If you honestly think Im going to get rattled by some stranger over basketball discussion, if you cant see that all Ive been doing is bsing with you, if you think this is in any way a serious conversation......you really are a moron. It takes two,, so we can either keep up the bs, or call it a night. Im fine either way. If you really had a family to chill with like you claim, serious talk, you wouldnt be wasting time on the back and forth bs. So go chill with the fam, or further reveal yourself to be full of BS by continuing on with me. Lets see whos really taking it personal and who needs the last word that badly.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 09:57 PM
You are rattled. That's the thing. You're the only person that's taking this personally. I'm willing to bet that you're stewing at the fact I'm responding because this "last word" means more to you than anything!
That's the thing, all I've done was expose how you would react, and you proceed to do it! As far as me making things up, I'm an open book on here. I'm the furthest from a fraud. So nothing you've said could even bother me. It's as laughable as calling a white man a cholo. Or a black man a red neck. Or calling 3ball a Simon. That's not them so why would it bother them? So why would saying living in my mom's basement bother me? The fact you continue using it shows you ARE rattled. And now this post is killing you......

hateraid
04-14-2016, 10:07 PM
So many walls of text.......so many feelings caught....

Dragonew posting some emotional reading material ......

I know son.....Jordan Stans and Kobe stans crying alot lately.....emotional time to be a NBA fan

Lol I know right? He caught feeling too hard. Maybe he is taking to heart. Normal people don't respond like that unless they're really emotionally invested

ballinhun8
04-14-2016, 11:02 PM
I'm pretty disappointed hateraid didn't acknowledge any of my post and I'm probably the only true Bulls fan thst actually posted in this thread.

#sadface

hateraid
04-14-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm pretty disappointed hateraid didn't acknowledge any of my post and I'm probably the only true Bulls fan thst actually posted in this thread.

#sadface

My apologies! I don't mess with actual level headed Bulls fans. It's these delusional Jordan stans that really need to be put in their places. I like Bulls fans!

ballinhun8
04-14-2016, 11:13 PM
My apologies! I don't mess with actual level headed Bulls fans. It's these delusional Jordan stans that really need to be put in their places. I like Bulls fans!

:cry: :cry: :cry: oooooo k

I mean if you're gonna do that to MJ stans (I'd still consider myself one tho. He's the reason why I'm a fan of all Chicago teams) then I better see you murk the bran and bean stans lol.

hateraid
04-14-2016, 11:23 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: oooooo k

I mean if you're gonna do that to MJ stans (I'd still consider myself one tho. He's the reason why I'm a fan of all Chicago teams) then I better see you murk the bran and bean stans lol.

I do from time to time. But they are generally harmless and are more out there to get a rise.
Jordan stans on the other hand are generally delusional who can't accept any opinion other than theirs. They pretend to be civil but constantly have to remind people of how great Jordan is. The closest thing I can compare them to is Taylor Swift fans.
I mean, I like Jordan, I probably have the biggest Jordan collection on ISH and I've proven that, but I can't stand close minded people. I hope you can understand that. There was a guy named kuniva_dAMiGhTy who I always used to butt heads with. We'd go on for days. He learned that I wasn't ever against Jordan. That I was against stans who were arrogant and close minded. Now he's one of my favorite posters because he actually undestand the point I was making. Guys like straight ballin and dragonyuew don't get that because they see it as having to defend Jordan at all costs. They don't allow others to have opinions and that's what makes them look like obsessive douchebags. Kuniva_dAMiGhTy on the other hand accepts that basketball is subjective. Because of that I respect his views on Jordan. My hopes is that one day all the stans will learn that.

Heilige
04-15-2016, 12:40 AM
Where's Loki/OldSchoolBBall and Samurai Swish at???

3ball
04-15-2016, 01:01 AM
Jordan had FAR less turnovers, which squashes Curry's assist advantage, and leaves him with only ONE category that he leads - true shooting.

Jordan leads in every other category:

Per 100 Possessions

Jordan had higher PER and equal points-per-possession (ORtg), even though Curry's efficiency is boosted by carrying a smaller load on both sides of the ball: he doesn't play defense and scores a lower proportion of his team's points:

This notion that Curry is on Jordan's level due to true shooting ALONE is ludicrous - if that was the case, then Tyson Chandler, Ibaka, Dell Curry and Reggie Miller would also be on Jordan's level.. :rolleyes:

diamenz
04-15-2016, 01:24 AM
shit i'm glad to be an mj fan, and not a stan. mike and the bulls are my favs all time, but i'm not stuck in the past and am rooting for gs all da way.

3ball
04-15-2016, 01:29 AM
shit i'm glad to be an mj fan, and not a stan. mike and the bulls are my favs all time, but i'm not stuck in the past and am rooting for gs all da way.

As shown in post #186 above, Jordan had higher player efficiency rating and equal points-per-possession, even though Curry's efficiency was boosted by carrying a smaller load on both sides of the ball: he doesn't play defense and scores a lower proportion of his team's points.

dreamwarrior
04-15-2016, 01:31 AM
I have to concede. Who knew that skinny teenager coming into the league wearing an unpopular #8 would go on to dominate for 19 years and put up 60 in his finale game against a team desperately gunning for the playoffs. I don't know if he's #1, but that was a better performance than anything Jordan ever did.

hateraid
04-15-2016, 01:39 AM
As shown in post #186 above, Jordan had higher player efficiency rating and equal points-per-possession, even though Curry's efficiency was boosted by carrying a smaller load on both sides of the ball: he doesn't play defense and scores a lower proportion of his team's points.

Who are you babbling too? Lol. You're speaking to an empty room. You're completely off topic this time my friend. These posts would serve a better purpose in a thread actually comparing Curry/Kobe to Jordan

diamenz
04-15-2016, 01:39 AM

that's great man, i'm happy for you.

ClipperRevival
04-15-2016, 01:48 AM
MJ fan here. Nothing has changed. People are prisoner's of the moment. Doesn't change anything MJ accomplished. We stay winning. When we see someone worthy of passing him in individual accomplishments, team accomolishments, stats, eye test and just sheer world wide impact, we will know it. Until then, GOAT gonna GOAT.:applause:

ClipperRevival
04-15-2016, 01:54 AM
The thing about MJ's legacy is that the 72 win season is way down the list of what people talk about when discussing his legacy. That was just icing on the cake when he was past his prime.

And lol at people mentioning his last game when he scored 15 points to prove any point. How desparate can you be? The insecurity is real.

MJ fans are the most secure fans in the world because we saw the truth and realize he just might be the GOAT for eternity.

ClipperRevival
04-15-2016, 02:01 AM
I do from time to time. But they are generally harmless and are more out there to get a rise.
Jordan stans on the other hand are generally delusional who can't accept any opinion other than theirs. They pretend to be civil but constantly have to remind people of how great Jordan is. The closest thing I can compare them to is Taylor Swift fans.
I mean, I like Jordan, I probably have the biggest Jordan collection on ISH and I've proven that, but I can't stand close minded people. I hope you can understand that. There was a guy named kuniva_dAMiGhTy who I always used to butt heads with. We'd go on for days. He learned that I wasn't ever against Jordan. That I was against stans who were arrogant and close minded. Now he's one of my favorite posters because he actually undestand the point I was making. Guys like straight ballin and dragonyuew don't get that because they see it as having to defend Jordan at all costs. They don't allow others to have opinions and that's what makes them look like obsessive douchebags. Kuniva_dAMiGhTy on the other hand accepts that basketball is subjective. Because of that I respect his views on Jordan. My hopes is that one day all the stans will learn that.

:facepalm

And yet you make this thread. I've been here long enough to know that you are an MJ hater. Why bullsh't people and say you are? MJ's sh-t is all on film. Not like he's some myth. He is almost universally recognized as the GOAT. That isn't by accident. There is actual substance to it. He proved his level on the court night after night, year after year. What makes me laugh are the MJ haters because they can't accept the fact that this guy was just that good so they have to nitpick any chance they get. Just like this thread.

Stay hating bro. MJ fans are used to it.

ClipperRevival
04-15-2016, 02:10 AM
Hence it being played out, and I 100% agree. It's time for that one to be brought our back and shot.

As for this thread, Jordan is the GOAT and will likely remain so for a long, long time. It's going to be nearly impossible to surpass his combination of amazing numbers, 2-way dominance, playoff dominance, finals perfection, individual accolades, team accolades, and imprint on the game and culture. He's the perfect storm. Hell, being the greatest at something is referred to as being "the Michael Jordan of". That tells you all you need to know about his status as the GOAT. You can never say never in terms of someone surpassing him. Forever is a long time, but it certainly won't happen any time soon. It is a MASSIVE mountain to scale.

:applause:

Spurs m8
04-15-2016, 03:36 AM
ClipperRevival just finished hateraide with a fatality tbh

Cocaine80s
04-15-2016, 03:37 AM
ClipperRevival just finished hateraide with a fatality tbh
Just like the Curry did to the Spurs a few days ago

Spurs m8
04-15-2016, 03:50 AM
Just like the Curry did to the Spurs a few days ago

And like The Spurs have done to Curry for most of his career, including a few weeks ago, AGAIN.

Cheers

TheMan
04-15-2016, 03:24 PM
OP is a pinoy fggot