PDA

View Full Version : Curry talk aside, lets talk about Durant's great season

Papaya Petee
04-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Coming back from some brutal injuries last season, and having a slow start this season, Durant finished the year at

28\8\5\1\1 on 50\39\90 in only 35.5MPG

Not to mention he had to share the ball with the most ball dominant player in the league in Westbrook (who was amazing in his own right this season)

The Thunder finished with a respectable 55 win season, which realistically should of been a 60 win year, but when you factor in a brand new head coach, Durant missing some games to start the year, and for some reason giving up 4th quarter leads, they dropped a few wins.

I know he wasn't as impressive as Curry this season, and definitely not as good as the 2013-2014 Durant (who was better than this years Curry IMO), but it's still good to see Durant come back with a dominant season after some serious injuries. :cheers:

I have OKC beating San Antonio in the 2nd round, lets see how it plays out.

HenryGarfunkle
04-14-2016, 07:50 PM
To me, he's the MVP this year. Did more with less than Curry ever could. But I understand how things work, not salty about it...

It's just one of those years where the best in the world doesn't win it.

NZStreetBaller
04-14-2016, 07:51 PM
I really feel like durant wud do so much better with cp3 over westbrook.... imagine cp3s intellect and passing with durant scoring ability.

NZStreetBaller
04-14-2016, 07:53 PM
To me, he's the MVP this year. Did more with less than Curry ever could. But I understand how things work, not salty about it...

I semi agree with this. But curry has been hit as hell.... and with the all time record and that game winning buzzer beater againt okc there is no way durant deserves is over curry.

Papaya Petee
04-14-2016, 08:00 PM
She can't be a cool lady, I just said she was a whore you f*cking immoral c*cksucker.
:roll: you're so ****ing mad right now

Mike smith
04-14-2016, 08:04 PM
They have no hope of winning anything aside from maybe the 1st round series. They are not an elite team and I don't know what one has to do to get through your thick heads: this team will NEVER win anything. They're fools gold and your mother is a whore.
Why do u hate the thunder so much?

Fudge
04-14-2016, 08:06 PM
She can't be a cool lady, I just said she was a whore you f*cking immoral c*cksucker.
The little teapot is STEAMING hot right now.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Healthy KD is still the worlds best he will show it in playoffs he's been coasting this regular season

Canner Mcgoober :lol :lol
https://giant.gfycat.com/ShoddyRaggedIriomotecat.gif

https://giant.gfycat.com/EmptyContentHowlermonkey.gif

lilteapot
04-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Why do u hate the thunder so much?
1. They are no fun to watch. Play selfishly and stupidly in close games.
2. Durant is a fake tough guy
3. Westbrook is an overrated point guard who is incapable of leading a team
4. The team is overrated and has been overrated for years now. They haven't done a damn thing since 2012 when they lost in 5 games to the Heat and have lost time and time again yet people still have high hopes for the team for some dumb reason. If it was any other team, like the Clippers, you'd have already written them off but for some reason you people can't stay off of OKC's collective *****.

tmacattack33
04-14-2016, 08:44 PM
He has to take the team to the Finals this year if he wants people to talk about him.

He's had a great team for years and couldn't get back to the Finals after 2012.

He was supposed to take the throne from Lebron. It was looked at like such a sure thing. Crazy situation.

Mike smith
04-14-2016, 08:46 PM
4. The team is overrated and has been overrated for years now. They haven't done a damn thing since 2012 when they lost in 5 games to the Heat and have lost time and time again yet people still have high hopes for the team for some dumb reason. If it was any other team, like the Clippers, you'd have already written them off but for some reason you people can't stay off of OKC's collective *****.
Lol do you even watch thunder games?? Durant and Westbrook share the ball plenty they both have career highs in assist this season. They have had a key guy hurt the last 3 years Westbrook in 13, ibaka 14 and Durant last year. How is Durant a fake tough guy? He's a top 3 player in the nba and produces for his team every night.

lilteapot
04-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Lol do you even watch thunder games?? Durant and Westbrook share the ball plenty they both have career highs in assist this season. They have had a key guy hurt the last 3 years Westbrook in 13, ibaka 14 and Durant last year. How is Durant a fake tough guy? He's a top 3 player in the nba and produces for his team every night.
How about that fake tough guy act his MVP season where he was being a dick to the media and acting like he had a pair?

Papaya Petee
04-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Healthy KD is still the worlds best he will show it in playoffs he's been coasting this regular season

Canner Mcgoober :lol :lol
https://giant.gfycat.com/ShoddyRaggedIriomotecat.gif

https://giant.gfycat.com/EmptyContentHowlermonkey.gif
I like McGregor, but hes not my favorite matter of fact I made good money betting on Diaz. Diaz will win the rematch too. Im only a blue belt in BJJ but being a Gracie black belt in bjj Diaz was going to destroy McGregor on the ground. Although he won standup too if McGregor didnt shoot he woulda got TKOed regardless. Happens. I assume you posted that because of my avi :roll:

Mike smith
04-14-2016, 08:51 PM
How about that fake tough guy act his MVP season where he was being a dick to the media and acting like he had a pair?
Who cares about the media I'd be a dick too if they were always in my face asking questions or writing articles about me that I did not agree with.

Fudge
04-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Best player in the world.

Been doing the most with less (among contenders) for yeaaaaaars now.

Dray n Klay
04-14-2016, 09:02 PM
Best player in the world.

Been doing the most with less (among contenders) for yeaaaaaars now.

We

Stay

Winning

FKAri
04-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Yeah man, a team with a brand new head coach, superstar player coming back from serious injuries, and a team with no 3rd option on offense won 55 games, and should have been closer to 60 if not for a few hiccups. You're right, the team sucks. Just like your mom.

They do have a 3rd option on offense. In fact he's paid max money to do just that: score. Problem for them is team cohesion.

riseagainst
04-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Durant.... so close to that 40% 3point FG and 90% FT%.

:(

stalkerforlife
04-14-2016, 09:38 PM
One of the best seasons of all time and he flew under the radar because of Curry's GOAT tier season.

BlazerRed
04-14-2016, 09:52 PM

Yeah the fact they have had injured stars every one of those seasons since doesn't mean anything right? :sleeping

OKC would could have won it all in 2013/2014 if it weren't for Westbrook's and Ibaka's injury.

BlazerRed
04-14-2016, 09:53 PM
One of the best seasons of all time and he flew under the radar because of Curry's GOAT tier season.
Durant's MVP season was better than Curry's season this year.

stalkerforlife
04-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Durant's MVP season was better than Curry's season this year.

How?

Fudge
04-14-2016, 10:25 PM
How?
32, 7, 6 on 50/39/87 with Wedgie Jackson being his second best player for pretty much the whole season and leading those scrubs to almost 60 wins.

Arguably the GOAT individual season in the past 10 years.

stalkerforlife
04-14-2016, 10:57 PM
32, 7, 6 on 50/39/87 with Wedgie Jackson being his second best player for pretty much the whole season and leading those scrubs to almost 60 wins.

Arguably the GOAT individual season in the past 10 years.

Curry won FG%, 3pt% (On 11 threes a game) FT%, TS%, assists, steals, PER, and his team won a record 73 games. And he didn't play in 19 4th quarters.

:lol

bobopenguin
04-14-2016, 11:10 PM

i dont think u understand how things work..
durant has a great year, but curry has an epic year. that's the difference between them.

Fudge
04-15-2016, 12:37 AM
Curry won FG%, 3pt% (On 11 threes a game) FT%, TS%, assists, steals, PER, and his team won a record 73 games. And he didn't play in 19 4th quarters.

:lol
Because of an all time great supporting cast behind him.

In fact, that should go against his case.

Durant played better with much much much much less. Possibly the worst supporting cast for an MVP since Bron's first few with those god awful Cavs teams.

Stop trolling.

Mike smith
04-15-2016, 12:48 AM
Because of an all time great supporting cast behind him.

In fact, that should go against his case.

Durant played better with much much much much less. Possibly the worst supporting cast for an MVP since Bron's first few with those god awful Cavs teams.

Stop trolling.
Who did they start again?? Wasn't it

Reggie
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perk

And had fisher, lamb, rookie Adams, collision, perry Jones off the bench

Fudge
04-15-2016, 12:57 AM
Who did they start again?? Wasn't it

Reggie
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perk

And had fisher, lamb, rookie Adams, collision, perry Jones off the bench
Yup. Exactly that.

Just looking at that lineup makes me cringe.

Mike smith
04-15-2016, 01:06 AM
Yup. Exactly that.

Just looking at that lineup makes me cringe.
Wow that lineup is horrible amazing he got them 59 wins and 2nd seed in the west. If I saw that lineup now I would say that's a 30-40 win team

BlakFrankWhite
04-15-2016, 01:13 AM
He has to deliver in the playoffs.

1st round should be a breeze considering he up against white trash Parsons..but after that he'll be up against Kawhi then maybe Draymond then maybe LeBeast..all of them are top 10 ballers in the world

So all in all, if KD can get us a ring, he's a top 5 GOAT

Mike smith
04-15-2016, 01:19 AM
He has to deliver in the playoffs.

1st round should be a breeze considering he up against white trash Parsons..but after that he'll be up against Kawhi then maybe Draymond then maybe LeBeast..all of them are top 10 ballers in the world

So all in all, if KD can get us a ring, he's a top 5 GOAT
Do you follow the nba? Parsons had surgery a month ago he's out for the year. And relax winning a ring doesn't jump you into the top 5

Proctor
04-15-2016, 06:06 AM
I thought I was the only one that felt this way tbh. I don't even care what their core looks like, their bench isn't going to win them anything. They are second round fodder at best to me. Their bench is predominantly third string level players.

They have the talent to upset a team here or there but they have no chance of winning a ring at any point as is, absolutely none. And yet somehow in preseason predictions they are almost always favorites to win because of something as simple as hiring Donovan.

JebronLames
04-15-2016, 06:21 AM
I really hope they make it to the finals

BlakFrankWhite
04-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Interesting fact : Durant is 2nd in the league in Post Ups(149 poss) and at 61% FG

and to think people call him out for only being a spot up shooter.. dumb fcks :lol