PDA

View Full Version : Your list of future Basketball related 30 for 30 Episodes.

L.Kizzle
04-14-2016, 11:50 PM
What would a future ESPN 30 for 30 episode you wouldn't mind seeing?

My list.

-The Eastern League and the ABL (Early leagues that competed with the NBA in it's infancy.)
-The early 1950s' NBA point shaving scandals
-Maurice Stokes accident
-Cleo Hill
-The record breaking early 60s (Russell's Celtics, Wilt, Oscar's triple doubles, Baylor's half NBA-half military season)
-1964 All-Star Game (almost) boycott on live TV
-60s & 70s New York City Streetball Legends (Manigault, Jackie Jackson, Pee Wee, Joe Hammond, ect.)
-Payton to Kemp (Could be done just like the Shaq-Penny Magic)
-The "original" Charlotte Hornets
-90s college stars to NBA bust (Bobby Hurley, Ed O'Bannon, ect.)
-90s High School stars (KG, Kobe, JO, Mac) and also the high school bust (Bender, ect)
-The And 1 Era
-Gilbert Arenas
-NBA All-Star game through the years. From just a game played during the week (used to be held on various days through the season, like a Friday a Tuesday or Wednesday) to a complete weekend.

ClipperRevival
04-15-2016, 01:43 AM
Russell-Wilt
ABA-NBA Merger
3 peat Lakers
Micharl Jordan - Just do a complete doc for the modern kids to appreciate

L.Kizzle
04-15-2016, 01:58 AM
Russell-Wilt
ABA-NBA Merger
3 peat Lakers
Micharl Jordan - Just do a complete doc for the modern kids to appreciate
NBA TV did one on Russell-Wilt a few years back. They did an ABA one too.
There's enough Jordan documentaries around.

NBA TV produces good docs too. Like the back to back Rockets one last year. A Dr. J and Oscar Robertson one. Not to mention a few Wilt and Russell ones.

stalkerforlife
04-15-2016, 01:59 AM
Kobe-Shaq feud and how Kobe shipped his ass out.

1987_Lakers
04-15-2016, 02:03 AM
- This current Warriors team will make a great 30 for 30 in the future.

- If OKC never wins a title I can see a good doc on that too, this team had 3 elite players at one point but couldn't win the chip.

- 2002 Kings

Norcaliblunt
04-15-2016, 02:04 AM
Tim Donaghy

Funktion
04-15-2016, 02:04 AM
4:13

L.Kizzle
04-15-2016, 02:05 AM
Kobe-Shaq feud and how Kobe shipped his ass out.
I think the 04 Hollywood Lakers (Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton) would be a good one too.

ClipperRevival
04-15-2016, 02:05 AM
NBA TV did one on Russell-Wilt a few years back. They did an ABA one too.
There's enough Jordan documentaries around.

NBA TV produces good docs too. Like the back to back Rockets one last year. A Dr. J and Oscar Robertson one. Not to mention a few Wilt and Russell ones.

I have watched every doc available on youtube about Wilt and Russell. Don't recall seeing it. What's it called?

And yeah, there's a million MJ docs but I wish they did a 30 for 30 just so the youngsters can tune in and truly appreciate his greatness. Someone needs to put it in perspective.

Norcaliblunt
04-15-2016, 02:06 AM
IDK about a 30 for 30 but a good conspiracy investigative piece on Jordan's first retirement, his dads murder, the gambling, and all the theories would be good.

BasedTom
04-15-2016, 02:09 AM
- This current Warriors team will make a great 30 for 30 in the future.

- If OKC never wins a title I can see a good doc on that too, this team had 3 elite players at one point but couldn't win the chip.

- 2002 Kings
name one controversial thing about them

"they won a lot" by itself isn't really compelling. of course the GSW fans would love it, but then again they make championship videos for that exact purpose

If the dominance continues, and it seems that will be the case, then maybe they'll have their iconic moments and rivalries. But right now what are you going to put in it that sets them apart other than Curry shooting highlights? Mark Jackson? Luke Walton?

L.Kizzle
04-15-2016, 02:11 AM
Some others.

-Crack epidemic in the late 70s-early 80s in the league.
-The first lockout season.
-Dream Team II
-Kansas City-Omaha Kings having various home courts.
-Milwaukee Bucks of the 80s. A forgotten powerhouse.

Norcaliblunt
04-15-2016, 02:12 AM

"they won a lot" by itself isn't really compelling. of course the GSW fans would love it, but then again they make championship videos for that exact purpose

If the dominance continues, and it seems that will be the case, then maybe they'll have their iconic moments and rivalries. But right now what are you going to put in it that sets them apart other than Curry shooting highlights? Mark Jackson? Luke Walton?

It would be all about 20 years of complete suckage only to become one of the greatest teams ever.

Meticode
04-15-2016, 02:12 AM
I think the 04 Hollywood Lakers (Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton) would be a good one too.
They weren't together long enough IMO.

Norcaliblunt
04-15-2016, 02:13 AM
JR Rider.

SouBeachTalents
04-15-2016, 02:13 AM
Big 3 Heat era

Norcaliblunt
04-15-2016, 02:14 AM
Richard Dumas

L.Kizzle
04-15-2016, 02:14 AM

Firing Mark Jackson. A lot of folks didn't think it was a good idea at the time. Check this board 2 seasons ago.
Almost trading Klay for Love.
Curry's early ankle injuries.
David Lee getting hurt was a blessing in disguise. Free'd Draymond Green from his bench role.

Norcaliblunt
04-15-2016, 02:18 AM
84 draft.

L.Kizzle
04-15-2016, 02:20 AM
84 draft.
Already once done, for NBA TV. Should be on youtube.

BasedTom
04-15-2016, 02:21 AM
Firing Mark Jackson. A lot of folks didn't think it was a good idea at the time. Check this board 2 seasons ago.
Almost trading Klay for Love.
Curry's early ankle injuries.
David Lee getting hurt was a blessing in disguise. Free'd Draymond Green from his bench role.
I still feel like that stuff is standard NBA. Unless they're willing to reveal that those decisions were much more closer to going the other way than we've been led to believe at this point (an example would be the front office seriously doubting curry's health and lowkey having talks about moving him instead of Monta, shit like that)

Compare that to the Bad Boy Pistons or the University of Miami football team....those documentaries wrote themselves.

STATUTORY
04-15-2016, 02:22 AM
30 for 30: 50 for 60

L.Kizzle
04-15-2016, 02:27 AM
I still feel like that stuff is standard NBA. Unless they're willing to reveal that those decisions were much more closer to going the other way than we've been led to believe at this point (an example would be the front office seriously doubting curry's health and lowkey having talks about moving him instead of Monta, shit like that)

Compare that to the Bad Boy Pistons or the University of Miami football team....those documentaries wrote themselves.
At that time, Jackson led them their best record since the early Run-TMC days. Kerr was coming off a bad GM gig over in Phoenix.

90sDynasty
04-15-2016, 05:06 AM
"GoPro" The D'Angelo Russell Story

dhsilv
04-15-2016, 06:02 AM
They weren't together long enough IMO.

Do you know what 30 for 30 is about? It is about less known and untold stories. It's why the ONLY MJ story that made sense for the series was about his baseball playing days.

dhsilv
04-15-2016, 06:04 AM
At that time, Jackson led them their best record since the early Run-TMC days. Kerr was coming off a bad GM gig over in Phoenix.

Actually Kerr's GM days in phoenix might make a good 30 for 30 as I fully believe the owners were the issue for him there. Those guys were just complete against spending a dime to make the team work.

JBSptfn
04-15-2016, 10:42 AM
In honor of last night's 30 for 30 about a failed dynasty, they should do one about another: The 1986 Houston Rockets (they can call it Lift-off Aborted). Also, one on the bad-luck Trail Blazers since their 1977 championship would be good.

L.Kizzle
04-15-2016, 11:55 PM
In honor of last night's 30 for 30 about a failed dynasty, they should do one about another: The 1986 Houston Rockets (they can call it Lift-off Aborted). Also, one on the bad-luck Trail Blazers since their 1977 championship would be good.
Bad luck Blazers would be good.

-Walton injured.
-Passing on Jordan.
-The 91 Playoffs.
-Drazen
-Waiting for Sabonis.
-Memorial Day Miracle.
-2000 Choke Job.
-Jail Blazers Era.
-Greg Oden
-Brandon Roy
-Losing Aldridge

And the deaths of Blazers Drazen, Mo Lucas, Kevin Duckworth, Jerome Kersey and Terry Porter (last three major part of those Drexler era Blazers.)

guy
04-16-2016, 12:07 AM

-Walton injured.
-Passing on Jordan.
-The 91 Playoffs.
-Drazen
-Waiting for Sabonis.
-Memorial Day Miracle.
-2000 Choke Job.
-Jail Blazers Era.
-Greg Oden
-Brandon Roy
-Losing Aldridge

And the deaths of Blazers Drazen, Mo Lucas, Kevin Duckworth, Jerome Kersey and Terry Porter (last three major part of those Drexler era Blazers.)

Umm terry porter is not dead.

L.Kizzle
04-16-2016, 12:10 AM
Umm terry porter is not dead.
Why the hell did I think he passed away last year?
:biggums:

JebronLames
04-16-2016, 12:10 AM
Thickness of LeBron James

JBSptfn
04-16-2016, 12:47 AM
-Maurice Stokes accident

That incident may have derailed a potential dynasty in Cincinnati (remember, they would get Oscar Robertson in 1960 with a territorial pick, as well as Jerry Lucas. And, they had Jack Twyman).

Thinking about that and seeing the 30 for 30 about the Magic makes me want to do a thread on potential dynasties (but I don't have the thread privileges yet).

Norcaliblunt
04-16-2016, 11:11 PM
Rodney Rogers

fourkicks44
04-17-2016, 04:35 AM
JR Rider.

-Walton injured.
-Passing on Jordan.
-The 91 Playoffs.
-Drazen
-Waiting for Sabonis.
-Memorial Day Miracle.
-2000 Choke Job.
-Jail Blazers Era.
-Greg Oden
-Brandon Roy
-Losing Aldridge

This is what I was thinking about,unbelievable that we all thought about it. This is what they should document next.

I remember back when we were young believing a rumor Rider's brother was in the crowd and got into a fight and JR ran up and joined in. We use to think that shit was bad ass. The truth deviated greatly from the myth. He got fined for spitting on a spectator.

Classic Jail Blazers.

Duderonomy
04-17-2016, 09:11 AM
20 for 70
The Lebron finals appearances.

Seattle Sonics team history when they get a new team.