PDA

View Full Version : Wait.. Kobe couldn't make the playoffs the last 4 years of his career??

Dray n Klay
04-15-2016, 02:33 PM
:wtf:

Tell me a Top 20 player who had that same record

Dude spent the last 20% of his career in the lottery :facepalm

Dr Seuss
04-15-2016, 02:37 PM
kobe selflessly willing his team to the lottery, while knowing that uneducated haters would relentlessly type up drivel on a message boards belittling his name, in order to set up his team with a bright future of young players after he rides off into the sunset.

legendbe. staymadbe. hatersrunningoutofthingstosaybe.

toprange
04-15-2016, 02:39 PM
wait.. lebron started chasing rings 6 years into his career? Tell me any prime superstar that ever did that

Dray n Klay
04-15-2016, 02:39 PM
kobe selflessly willing his team to the lottery, while knowing that uneducated haters would relentlessly type up drivel on a message boards belittling his name, in order to set up his team with a bright future of young players after he rides off into the sunset.

legendbe. staymadbe. hatersrunningoutofthingstosaybe.

No, the Lakers didnt make the playoffs once Kobe went out. They needed Dwight and Gasol to win the last 2 games without him to make the playoffs.

Kobe barely gave them the 9th seed.

bigkingsfan
04-15-2016, 02:40 PM
No good prospect to show for it either.

Dr Seuss
04-15-2016, 02:40 PM
No, the Lakers didnt make the playoffs once Kobe went out. They needed Dwight and Gasol to win the last 2 games without him to make the playoffs.

Kobe barely gave them the 9th seed.

keepshaterslivinginthepastbe

Dr Seuss
04-15-2016, 02:41 PM
No good prospect to show for it either.

i know :( lakers need to quit drafting like the kings

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2016, 02:43 PM
I do Know that MJ had 5 losing seasons and made the playoffs winning like 30 games...:lol

MJ also missed the playoffs his last 2 years...despite playing with same team that Dirk won a 2011 title with!!

MJ da GOAT....Kobe da 2nd GOAT

CP3PO
04-15-2016, 02:44 PM
The real problem is him missing the playoffs in his prime. Also, a lot of BS calls needed to help them reach the playoffs late in 2012. Despite all the injury claims in 2012, Kobe and Dwight each played most of the games that season.

IllegalD
04-15-2016, 02:57 PM
The real problem is him missing the playoffs in his prime. Also, a lot of BS calls needed to help them reach the playoffs late in 2012. Despite all the injury claims in 2012, Kobe and Dwight each played most of the games that season.

He only missed the playoffs ONCE in his prime, you f*cking tard. With a sh*t supporting cast, in the brutal West, having the Top 3 players (including himself) missing time because of injuries.

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2016, 02:57 PM

he only missed 1 year....and he got injured that season IIRC he missed like 15 games?

no injury Lakers = Playoffs.

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 02:58 PM
I do Know that MJ had 5 losing seasons and made the playoffs winning like 30 games...:lol

MJ also missed the playoffs his last 2 years...despite playing with same team that Dirk won a 2011 title with!!

Meltdown.

IllegalD
04-15-2016, 02:59 PM
Meltdown.

Is what you've been doing since you found out that a way past his prime Kobe put up a better performance than a prime Wade ever has in a single game.

:hammertime: :yaohappy: :djparty

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Is what you've been doing since you found out that a way past his prime Kobe put up a better performance than a prime Wade ever has in a single game.

...that literally might be the worst come back ever. :biggums:

Dray n Klay
04-15-2016, 03:01 PM

:hammertime: :yaohappy: :djparty

Meltdown

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2016, 03:02 PM
Meltdown.
02' Wizards..

Michael Jordan (38 1/2)
Brian Cardinal
Brendan Haywood
Jerry Stackhouse
Larry Hughes
Juan Dixon
Jared Jefferies
Charles Oakley
Christian laetneer
Byron Russell
Bobby Simmons
Etan Thomas
Kwame Brown

11' Mavs..

Dirk Nowitzki (33)
Brian Cardinal
Brendan Haywood
Jason terry (33)
Shawn merion
Jose Barea
Deshawn Stevenson
Tyson Chandler
Jason Kidd (38)
Peja Stojakavic
Rodrique Bleoivic
Corey Brewer
Sasha Pavlovic

HenryGarfunkle
04-15-2016, 03:03 PM
:wtf:

Tell me a Top 20 player who had that same record

Dude spent the last 20% of his career in the lottery :facepalm
Cancer

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 03:05 PM
02' Wizards..

Michael Jordan (38 1/2)
Brian Cardinal
Brendan Haywood
Jerry Stackhouse
Larry Hughes
Juan Dixon
Jared Jefferies
Charles Oakley
Christian laetneer
Byron Russell
Bobby Simmons
Etan Thomas
Kwame Brown

11' Mavs..

Dirk Nowitzki (33)
Brian Cardinal
Brendan Haywood
Jason terry (33)
Shawn merion
Jose Barea
Deshawn Stevenson
Tyson Chandler
Jason Kidd (38)
Peja Stojakavic
Rodrique Bleoivic
Corey Brewer
Sasha Pavlovic

Kobes career is over...time for you stans to go out and get a life now.

Levity
04-15-2016, 03:06 PM

:lol

says they clown farting from his mouth in every single thread about him

Showtime2001
04-15-2016, 03:22 PM
It's time for you to move out of your mothers basement and check into a alcoholic rehab facility.

CP3PO
04-15-2016, 03:28 PM
he only missed 1 year....and he got injured that season IIRC he missed like 15 games?

no injury Lakers = Playoffs.
Such revisionist history BS. They missed the playoffs by 11 wins. No way does Kobe playing in those games suddenly have them make the playoffs.

For the record, he missed 14 games mid-season due to that injury, but really 15 because he only played 6 minutes in the game in which he got injured (he missed 2 additional late season after already being eliminated from the playoffs). In those 15 games that actually mattered, Lakers went 7-8, which is actually BETTER than the team did with Kobe. Even if Kobe some how played in those 8 losses and won each and every game, giving them a 15 game win streak for that month, the Lakers still miss the playoffs by 4 games.

HOoopCityJones
04-15-2016, 03:34 PM
:lol

says they clown farting from his mouth in every single thread about him

***** is shell shocked :roll:

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2016, 03:38 PM
Such revisionist history BS. They missed the playoffs by 11 wins. No way does Kobe playing in those games suddenly have them make the playoffs.

For the record, he missed 14 games mid-season due to that injury, but really 15 because he only played 6 minutes in the game in which he got injured (he missed 2 additional late season after already being eliminated from the playoffs). In those 15 games that actually mattered, Lakers went 7-8, which is actually BETTER than the team did with Kobe. Even if Kobe some how played in those 8 losses and won each and every game, giving them a 15 game win streak for that month, the Lakers still miss the playoffs by 4 games.

Oh yeah ...forgot...Odom also missed games....IIRC he missed the whole last month of the season....

so the Lakers have Kobe miss 15 games...and their 2nd best player miss the whole last Month...

so Kobe misses the playoffs 1 time in his " peak" or whatever....after he and Odom miss 30 games.

meanwhile ...Jordan never even had a winning season without Pippen....

yet it's Kobe who gets hated on?...makes sense.

remember kids...hate is Love

CP3PO
04-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Oh yeah ...forgot...Odom also missed games....IIRC he missed the whole last month of the season....

so the Lakers have Kobe miss 15 games...and their 2nd best player miss the whole last Month...

so Kobe misses the playoffs 1 time in his " peak" or whatever....after he and Odom miss 30 games.

meanwhile ...Jordan never even had a winning season without Pippen....

yet it's Kobe who gets hated on?...makes sense.

remember kids...hate is Love
The Lakers were BETTER without Kobe, and Lamar was shut down after the Lakers were nearly eliminated from the playoffs anyway. Them being healthy clearly changes nothing and they still miss the playoffs.

Showtime2001
04-15-2016, 04:01 PM
The Lakers were BETTER without Kobe, and Lamar was shut down after the Lakers were nearly eliminated from the playoffs anyway. Them being healthy clearly changes nothing and they still miss the playoffs.
:biggums:

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2016, 04:02 PM

so by your sample size....you can also say the Bulls were better without MJ?

Bull's won more games the year before without MJ 1994 then they did when he came back in 1995?

If you have any questions about this....I will be more then happy to answer them...and it's also using a larger sample size..

Bull's won 10 outta 15 games before MJ came back in 1995...won 55 games without him in 1994....but I can go further into detail if you like?

added the Lakers were about 5 games out of the 8th spot when odom got injured....with roughly 15 - 17 games left...

when both your 1rst and 2nd best players miss 30 games.....gonna be hard to make the Playoffs especially with Chucky Atkins and Chris Mihm as go to guys.

But if Kobe colluded and joined the Spurs and won titles .....i'm sure everyone would have forgived and forgot.

riseagainst
04-15-2016, 04:15 PM

then why do you still constantly talk about him?

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 05:04 PM
then why do you still constantly talk about him?

...look at the ****ing board...there isn't a whole lot of other topics homeboy. Luckily the playoffs start tomorrow and Kobe will fade into the ether.

CP3PO
04-15-2016, 05:15 PM
so by your sample size....you can also say the Bulls were better without MJ?

Bull's won more games the year before without MJ 1994 then they did when he came back in 1995?

If you have any questions about this....I will be more then happy to answer them...and it's also using a larger sample size..

Bull's won 10 outta 15 games before MJ came back in 1995...won 55 games without him in 1994....but I can go further into detail if you like?

added the Lakers were about 5 games out of the 8th spot when odom got injured....with roughly 15 - 17 games left...

when both your 1rst and 2nd best players miss 30 games.....gonna be hard to make the Playoffs especially with Chucky Atkins and Chris Mihm as go to guys.

But if Kobe colluded and joined the Spurs and won titles .....i'm sure everyone would have forgived and forgot.
First of all, this isn't about MJ. You are just deflecting the issue being discussed when you bring him up.

And as you pointed out, the Lakers were already outside of the playoffs when Odom got hurt. It was stated earlier that the Lakers without injury equals playoffs, and that is absolutely not true. Again, they actually improved without Kobe. Even if Kobe played all those games and won 100% of them, it still does not make up for the difference to make the playoffs. To then claim that the reason they didn't have a pretty big come back was because of the 2nd best player being out is just asinine.

By the way, 30 games between 2 players is far from unheard of. You act like it was some significant injury bug that no other teams face. The most ironic thing about all this, is the 8th seed was of all teams led by Pau Gasol, who missed 26 games by himself, with his number 2 man (Mike Miller) missing 6, meaning they actually missed 32 games, which is more than the Lakers #1 and #2 guy. But sure, keep this injury excuse coming.

ballinhun8
04-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Cancer

We all wish you'd get the testicle version of it........assuming you have any

BlakFrankWhite
04-15-2016, 05:54 PM
No Shaq or Gasol to carry his ass in the playoffs.

TheMarkMadsen
04-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Got his team to the playoffs in 13

missed all of 14

so he missed the playoffs the last two years of his career?

big deal :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Got his team to the playoffs in 13

missed all of 14

so he missed the playoffs the last two years of his career?

big deal :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Wow what an accomplishment...only had Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol. I love how you pathetic kobe stans act like Kobe WILLED that 2013 into the playoffs...:facepalm

Dr Hawk
04-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Wow what an accomplishment...only had Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol. I love how you pathetic kobe stans act like Kobe WILLED that 2013 into the playoffs...:facepalm

I'm not a Kobe stan but he did.

27.3/5.6/6 at 34 years old

TheMarkMadsen
04-15-2016, 06:13 PM

Hi idiot,

do you see the thread title?? I was correcting him.

And yeah go ahead and tell us how well Dwight and Pau did in those playoffs without Kobe..

I'll wait..

done waiting..

Dwight and Pau led us to the absolute worst playoff series loss in Lakers in history, the biggest blowout in Lakers playoff history..

Good work guys..

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 06:18 PM
Hi idiot,

And yeah go ahead and tell us how well Dwight and Pau did in those playoffs without Kobe..

I'll wait..

done waiting..

Dwight and Pau led us to the absolute worst playoff series loss in Lakers in history, the biggest blowout in Lakers playoff history..

Good work guys..

What does the playoffs have to do with the regular season?...idiot. The Lakers had one of the best front courts in the league that season, PERIOD. What...kobe just automatically shot the 2nd best he ever had randomly at 34? That teams main problem was DEFENSE...and kobe was one of the worst offenders.

JT123
04-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi idiot,

I'll wait..

done waiting..

Good work guys..
And Kobe just led the Lakers to their worst/most embarrassing season in franchise history. :rolleyes:
But of course you don't give a shit about that. As long as your hero got to take 20 shots a night at 35% you were completely satisfied :facepalm

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 06:21 PM
And Kobe just led the Lakers to their worst/most embarrassing season in franchise history. :rolleyes:
But of course you don't give a shit about that. As long as your hero got to take 20 shots a night at 35% you were completely satisfied :facepalm

Funny how that never registered with him when he was talking his nonsense.

IllegalD
04-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Funny how that never registered with him when he was talking his nonsense.

You're an angry, pathetic alcoholic. :applause:

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2016, 06:53 PM
First of all, this isn't about MJ. You are just deflecting the issue being discussed when you bring him up.

And as you pointed out, the Lakers were already outside of the playoffs when Odom got hurt. It was stated earlier that the Lakers without injury equals playoffs, and that is absolutely not true. Again, they actually improved without Kobe. Even if Kobe played all those games and won 100% of them, it still does not make up for the difference to make the playoffs. To then claim that the reason they didn't have a pretty big come back was because of the 2nd best player being out is just asinine.

By the way, 30 games between 2 players is far from unheard of. You act like it was some significant injury bug that no other teams face. The most ironic thing about all this, is the 8th seed was of all teams led by Pau Gasol, who missed 26 games by himself, with his number 2 man (Mike Miller) missing 6, meaning they actually missed 32 games, which is more than the Lakers #1 and #2 guy. But sure, keep this injury excuse coming.

It's not about anything except looking at your small size.....of games.

Just using MJ as an example because of the similar skillset both he and Kobe have....

Pippen: 92-93 (with Jordan)- 18.6 ppg/ 47% fg/ 7.7 rpg/ 6.3 apg

Pippen: 93-94 (without Jordan)- 22 ppg/ 49% fg/ 8.7 rpg/ 5.6 apg

It's hard to make the case that Pippen was better with Jordan than without.

Horace Grant: 92-93 (with Jordan)- 13.2ppg/ 51% fg/ 9.5rpg/ 2.6apg

Horace Grant: 93-94 (without Jordan) 15.1ppg/52.4 fg/ 11rpg/
3.4apg

Once again, you take Jordan out of the picture, and the offense flows better. Everyone benefits, not just Jordan. The offense hardly missed a beat, despite replacing him with Pete Myers and Kukoc.

Bulls offense: 92-93 (with Jordan) - 48.2% fg
Bulls offense: 93-94 (without Jordan)- 47.6% fg

Bulls defense: 92-93 (with MJ)- 47.4 fg% allowed
Bulls defense: 93-94 (without MJ)- 46.3% allowed

yet no one would say the Bull's were better without MJ?...and you are only using a 15 game sample..

Lakers played well without Kobe for 15 games.....Bull's played great without Jordan and improved offensively and defensively over the course of 82 games...

your logic holds no weight as i shown.

Just like saying without Kobe and Odom for 30 games ..lakers couldn't have made up a 5 game difference?

Grizzlies had a good team beyond Pau and Miller( Bonzi , battier , J Dub , Posey,)......Kobe had Chucky Atkins and Mihm...

even bieng close to the Playoffs that year was amazing! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mr Feeny
04-15-2016, 07:33 PM

MJ also won 37 games as a 40 year old with a much worse team than the 37 year old Kobe just had.

Kobe, ofcourse, ended with 17 wins. Had he played for 2 entire seasons instead of 1, he still 'll wouldn't have won as many games a the 40 year old Jordan did.

AlphaWolf24
04-15-2016, 07:36 PM
MJ also won 37 games as a 40 year old with a much worse team than the 37 year old Kobe just had.

Kobe, ofcourse, ended with 17 wins. Had he played for 2 entire seasons instead of 1, he still 'll wouldn't have won as many games a the 40 year old Jordan did.

Jordans wizards were basically the same team that Dirk played with in 2011....

Dirk won a title...MJ missed the playoffs.

next

Mr Feeny
04-15-2016, 07:44 PM
kobes lakers were basically the same team that Dirk played with in 2011....

Dirk won a title..Kobe missed the playoffs and lead the Lakers to their worst record in franchise history

next

That was rather easy.

NZStreetBaller
04-15-2016, 08:08 PM
"We didnt run we did it the right way

Mr Feeny
04-15-2016, 08:10 PM
"We didnt run we did it the right way

Let's no mention him begging to leave and demanding to be traded when it got tough.

What does this quote have to do with what OP said about Kobe missing the playoffs for several consecutive seasons to end his career?

Eye Test
04-15-2016, 08:35 PM
LeBEAST on the other hand is a playoff lock every year.

UNSTOPPABLE

dhsilv
04-15-2016, 08:36 PM

30...the year he played 18 games and the bulls went 5-2 when he started? That year?

Eye Test
04-15-2016, 08:38 PM

Im ashamed such stupid and shity posters as this one share my fanhood of lebeast.

AirBonner
04-15-2016, 08:44 PM
Im ashamed such stupid and shity posters as this one share my fanhood of lebeast.
Look at your name. You fail the eye test and spelling douche.

Shih508
04-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Kobe has never been able to carry a team on his own no matter what age he was....

dhsilv
04-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Jordans wizards were basically the same team that Dirk played with in 2011....

Dirk won a title...MJ missed the playoffs.

next

MJ and dirk at the same player? There was a leader like Kidd on that wiz team? There was a younger lesser clone of Dirk as his second best player? Who was the wizard's defensive player of the year level shot blocker?

Man no respect for the quality cast on that Mav's team.

Shih508
04-15-2016, 08:49 PM
I'm not a Kobe stan but he did.

27.3/5.6/6 at 34 years old

while playing 0 D at all just like last few years since Phil left? Not impressed at all

HenryGarfunkle
04-15-2016, 08:50 PM
Kobe has never been able to carry a team on his own no matter what age he was....
Right?! :cheers:

Lebron23
04-15-2016, 08:51 PM
No Shaq or Gasol to carry his ass in the playoffs.

Damn

raprap
04-15-2016, 08:52 PM
That's why he's a fringe top 10 all time.

Eye Test
04-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Look at your name. You fail the eye test and spelling douche.

Get out of my way you fvcking loser.

Cold soul
04-15-2016, 09:03 PM

Time for you to do something productive with your life and stop being alcoholic. You have weird obsession with Kobe you talk about him more than even Wade or any other players that's weird and creepy. You hate so much yet here you are in another Kobe thread pathetic.

Lebron23
04-15-2016, 09:12 PM
That's why he's a fringe top 10 all time.

Top 12 player of all time.

raprap
04-15-2016, 09:14 PM
Top 12 player of all time.
Yeah, ranking him between 9-13 is most accurate.