PDA

View Full Version : People say Clarkson is a poor defender

TomCat
04-15-2016, 04:05 PM
But the lakers always put Clarkson on the opponent's best player. Russell just has so slow of a feet that he can't keep up with elite guards.

Its no wonder Clarkson gets burned often.

The era is weak on defense too.

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 04:58 PM
It's not really surprising the Lakers were last in defense...russell, clarkson, and kobe...has there ever been an NBA backcourt as pathetic as they were defensively? Probably not. Usually there is at least one guy that's good...but all three were horrendous.

qrich
04-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Just because Clarkson may be a better defender than Russell doesn't negate that he is a poor defender.

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 05:21 PM
Just because Clarkson may be a better defender than Russell doesn't negate that he is a poor defender.

That's like saying I'd rather throw up instead of having diareah.

Dr Seuss
04-15-2016, 05:22 PM
That's like saying I'd rather throw up instead of having diareah.

being a miserable and lonely alcoholic, which do you prefer?

sammichoffate
04-15-2016, 05:30 PM
He's pretty bad but has the tools to be a good one, just needs to bulk up this offseason. He was the Laker's most consistent player, his 3 Pt shot improved dramatically this season.

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 05:39 PM
He's pretty bad but has the tools to be a good one, just needs to bulk up this offseason. He was the Laker's most consistent player, his 3 Pt shot improved dramatically this season.

You don't just automatically go from being legit one of the worst defenders in the league...to consistent. (unless you are James Harden and just don't try) Defense is three things: effort, athleticism, and intelligence...and Clarkson has little to no basketball IQ. Like they said in that last Kobe game...Clarkson would be a good 6th or 7th man for a contender, but he's not starting material.

konex
04-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Clarkson would be a good 6th or 7thttp://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/editor/separator.gifh man for a contender, but he's not starting material.

I've watched him for 2 years. He's definitely a starter. He will average 20 easily next year

Smoke117
04-15-2016, 06:07 PM
I've watched him for 2 years. He's definitely a starter. He will average 20 easily next year

Averaging 20ppg on a team that is going to win 20 games...wow...:applause:

Genaro
04-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Well Byron is a moron so the things he does should not indicate some insight.
Russell isn't good on small fast guards but on bigger players he makes a good job. The problem is: He never gets the chance to guard the other team's best guard. Example: Last game against Houston JC was being completely burned by Harden, while DLO in the few possessions he got a burn actually made a good job. Did Byron change the assignment? Hell no.

Russell isn't a Tony Allen himself but JC is in Harden/Nash level. I think he can be only a 6th man but right now the Lakers has no one but him to put as a guard.

konex
04-15-2016, 06:15 PM
Averaging 20ppg on a team that is going to win 20 games...wow...:applause:

LOL well yeah if they don't get some interior defense. I think the biggest thing is that he needs to be the PG, not Russell who has very weak handles

Spurs5Rings2014
04-15-2016, 09:59 PM

Holy shit, konex with the kiss of death. Boy will be in China within a few seasons.

:oldlol:

KungFuJoe
04-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Clarkson is a steal considering when he was drafted but he's a straight up player. Nothing really special and his IQ is whatever. He's a good athlete though.

Also keep in mind that Nick Young averaged 17ppg for the Lakers once so scoring a lot on this team is nothing to write home about.

bdreason
04-15-2016, 11:23 PM
Lakers need to hire Luke Walton as coach and Phil Jackson as GM. Try to get Jerry West back as well. The team has talent, they just need structure.

FKAri
04-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Holy shit, konex with the kiss of death. Boy will be in China within a few seasons.

:oldlol:

konex is cold AF. No regard for human life :lol