PDA

View Full Version : How long will Lakers suck post-Kobe?

ScarSymmetry
04-15-2016, 09:20 PM
When do they make it back to the playoffs?

I think 3 more years of lottery.

:confusedshrug:

Cold soul
04-15-2016, 09:27 PM
I think one year at most unless Lakers bring that bum Bryon Scott back then we will continue to suck he can't coach in this modern era his methods are extremely outdated can't relate to young players prefers the veterans.

raprap
04-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Start by drafting Ingram and getting a better coach. 3-4 years is realistic.

JT123
04-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Now that the young guys will actually have a chance to grow instead of catering their entire season to letting some washed up scrub shoot 20 times a night?
The will be back in the playoffs within 2 years, especially since free agents will actually want to sign now that cancerbe is out of the picture.

Wally450
04-15-2016, 11:41 PM
Start by drafting Ingram and getting a better coach. 3-4 years is realistic.

Are there any college coaches out there capable of helping develop a rebuild in LA? It would be cool to see the Celtics and Lakers develop teams through the draft with well respected coaches and get back to being at the top of the league.

L8krH8tr
04-15-2016, 11:55 PM
hopefully for the next decade

ISHGoat
04-15-2016, 11:57 PM
hopefully for the next decade
:lol :lol :lol

Strong username to post content correlation

L8krH8tr
04-15-2016, 11:58 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Strong username to post content correlation

thanks. Laker Hater since 1998

GOATJono
04-16-2016, 12:02 AM
Three or four years until playoffs

Mr. Jabbar
04-16-2016, 12:05 AM
It entirely depends on free agency, specially this year. I see a terrible blackhole in Randle (somewhat reminds me of bynum) and a bust in dangelo.

Dray n Klay
04-16-2016, 12:07 AM
One day for every shot Kobe missed in his career.

Smoke117
04-16-2016, 12:09 AM
lol...how long will they suck post kobe...they've already sucked shit with him for 3 years now.

konex
04-16-2016, 12:10 AM
They have a very nice core:

Lou Will
Clarkson (He is the heir apparent IMO)
Russell
Randle
Nance Jr.

Add a top 3 pick and FA or 2 and they are a decent team. Biggest problem is C. Hibbert and Sacre are horrific and gotta go. They should keep Black and Bass tho

I say 2 years and they'll be playoff caliber. Faster if 2 good FAs collude and come together lol

Smoke117
04-16-2016, 12:19 AM

Lou Will
Russell
Randle
Nance Jr.

Add a top 3 pick and FA or 2 and they are a decent team. Biggest problem is C. Hibbert and Sacre are horrific and gotta go. They should keep Black and Bass tho

I say 2 years and they'll be playoff caliber. Faster if 2 good FAs collude and come together lol

...do you even know anything about baskeball? That's a nice core if you are playing to get a top 3 pick.

Fire Colangelo
04-16-2016, 01:15 AM
Ever since the Lakers became a franchise... they never had more than two back to back seasons without making the playoffs, until recently of course.

Going by history... I'm gonna say that they won't suck for very long. They have a tendency of luring in free agents/drafting star players after their star retires.

Mikan > Baylor/West > Wilt > Kareem > Magic > Shaq > Kobe > ???

LilEddyCurry
04-16-2016, 03:25 AM
Lakers need to take out the trash (Hibbert). Next step is to get rid of Jordan Clarkson and trade him for a center (maybe Nerlens Noel?). Finally, draft Brandon Ingram.

ScarSymmetry
04-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Should they get a NBA tested coach like Scott Brooks in who has experience working with a young team?

Meticode
04-16-2016, 09:20 AM
The Lakers need to figure out what they're going to do with Clarkson/Russell. I don't think they can exist at the same time and they're both capable of starting PG, but not both capable of playing together at PG/SG. Also find some way to dump Hibbert. They should've never signed him.

FireDavidKahn
04-16-2016, 09:22 AM

Lou Will
Russell
Randle
Nance Jr.

Lol, that core aint doing shit:lol

Meticode
04-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Lol, that core aint doing shit:lol
I do think Clarkson/Russell, Randle and Ingram or even Simmons would be a solid core.

Dragonyeuw
04-16-2016, 09:57 AM
They're a couple of key free agent signings away. The Lakers still are a marquee destination, and with Kobe's salary coming off the books they'll have some money to throw around.

Meticode
04-16-2016, 11:13 AM
They're a couple of key free agent signings away. The Lakers still are a marquee destination, and with Kobe's salary coming off the books they'll have some money to throw around.
That's something else. I think Kobe retiring really helps them. He honestly hand-cuffed the team the last 2 years in terms of free agents wanting to sign there.

theaussieguy
04-16-2016, 12:19 PM
That's something else. I think Kobe retiring really helps them. He honestly hand-cuffed the team the last 2 years in terms of free agents wanting to sign there.
As much as I love Kobe this is at least half a truth, on one side of the coin he would have passed on valuable leadership qaulities, but on the other side his whole calling out and criticism of the current squad (especially in the Lin days) sort of undermines that. This season was a write off from the get go.

qrich
04-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Too many variables. Do they get to keep their pick this year? Do stars trust Russell to sign there?