PDA

View Full Version : How special were the cavs post trades last year?

moongaze
04-16-2016, 11:22 AM
I truly think it was one of the best teams I've ever seen. Obviously well never know how great it could have been due to it not being able to prove itself because of injuries but here are some stats on that squad.

3 losses in 3 months(Atlanta, Brooklyn and Indiana) when Irving, love and lebron played together from January 15th to late April when love got injured

15-1 against the west including win against the spurs, the defending champs, on the road and a dominant win against eventual champs golden state.

During the regular season, with Love and Kyrie in the starting lineup, the Cavs' starting unit was a +20.7, which is BETTER than GS's starting unit and was a top 4 starting lineup all time for years we have play by play data.

had an SRS over 13, which would be the highest in NBA history, higher than the '96 Bulls's and the 1986 Celtics's. (Relevant to last year and doesn't take this year's warriors into account)

With James/Love/Irving in the lineup after the trades, this Cavs team did not lose a game at home and led for an AVERAGE of 42 out of 48 minutes, an unreal number of dominance.

Dont have the stats in front of me but the cavs had one of the best three point attack in history. If you watch the end of the spurs game you'll hear the announcers say that they had more three point makes than any other team since January 15th. The spurs game was ilon March 12th. Also, the team held the lead 83 percent of games .

Trolling aside, how good do you think it was?

keep-itreal
04-16-2016, 11:30 AM
I remember after the Bulls eliminated the Bucks, Joakim Noah said that Cavs team are a scary team to go up against.:lol

That team dominated every western team after that trade

Lebron23
04-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Very Special ala Vector. They could have been the champion in 2015, but injuries killed their chances.