PDA

View Full Version : Bosh most likely out for the playoffs

Duderonomy
04-16-2016, 12:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15212128/chris-bosh-miami-heat-gives-emotional-address-teammates-ahead-postseason

Heat are playing well without him but I don't think they will go far.

Lebronxrings
04-16-2016, 12:54 PM
lol

BeastMode24
04-16-2016, 12:55 PM
degenerate lebronies celebrating like the scum they are.

LAZERUSS
04-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Miami's playoff chances just rose significantly...

Dray n Klay
04-16-2016, 12:58 PM
degenerate lebronies celebrating like the scum they are.

Rent free

BeastMode24
04-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Rent free

ironic coming from the guy who dedicated an account to try and downplay the greatness of steph curry by overrating the play of his teammates. strong insecurity and projecting.

Dray n Klay
04-16-2016, 01:06 PM
ironic coming from the guy who dedicated an account to try and downplay the greatness of steph curry by overrating the play of his teammates. strong insecurity and projecting.

U sound mad brah, you okay?

navy
04-16-2016, 01:54 PM
He needs to retire.

One clot was a possible anomaly. Two clots is an unfortunate trend.

inclinerator
04-16-2016, 02:06 PM
bosch

Im Still Ballin
04-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Boch'

stalkerforlife
04-16-2016, 02:08 PM
If he retires, I don't think he'll count against the cap.

But he'll still get paid.

He's one of the best, if not the best, pick and roll defending big men the game has ever seen.

Duderonomy
04-16-2016, 02:09 PM
He needs to retire.

One clot was a possible anomaly. Two clots is an unfortunate trend.
He is making too much money to do that. After his contract ends I agree.
If this was prime Bosh he would fit in very well on this team. Also if he has two more good seasons he would have a case for his name in the rafters.

Lebronxrings
04-16-2016, 02:13 PM

He's one of the best, if not the best, pick and roll defending big men the game has ever seen.
:lol :roll:

stalkerforlife
04-16-2016, 02:15 PM
:lol :roll:

You know nothing about basketball, troll.

inclinerator
04-16-2016, 02:16 PM
You know nothing about basketball, troll.
you know nothing john troll

HurricaneKid
04-16-2016, 02:31 PM
He is making too much money to do that. After his contract ends I agree.
If this was prime Bosh he would fit in very well on this team. Also if he has two more good seasons he would have a case for his name in the rafters.

He would absolutely get paid the full value of his contract. In pretty sure Miami has insurance on the contract and would come out ok too.

I talked to Drs that said he was done after the first incidence. The second one is almost certainly a career ender. I was flabbergasted when he was talking about coming back and am glad to see that his Drs have held him out.

Duderonomy
04-16-2016, 03:06 PM
He would absolutely get paid the full value of his contract. In pretty sure Miami has insurance on the contract and would come out ok too.

I talked to Drs that said he was done after the first incidence. The second one is almost certainly a career ender. I was flabbergasted when he was talking about coming back and am glad to see that his Drs have held him out.
It more or less is a precaution. If Bosh got injuried and started excessively bleeding his blood thinner medication could cause a problem. He was probably was told not to play. He absolutely could physically play though.

HenryGarfunkle
04-16-2016, 03:08 PM
lol damn. Bad luck for the guy. Might have to retire soon.

CP3PO
04-16-2016, 03:12 PM
The path remains easy for LeBron.

Crimsonrain777
04-16-2016, 04:16 PM

if he retires. it will count against the cap for one year after the last game he played.

GrapeApe
04-16-2016, 04:40 PM

He'll count against the cap for one more season. You're comment about his PnR defense is absolutely true, and that's the main reason the Heat's defense has been significantly worse since he's been out. His absence has been felt more defensively than offensively.

This news comes as no surprise and I'm guessing that he will end up retiring. Very unfortunate but basketball is trivial in the big picture. He's a young man with many great years ahead. He's an intelligent guy who will have many post-basketball opportunities. Future HOFer, no doubt.

Magic 32
04-16-2016, 04:41 PM
God wants 2-7 :confusedshrug:

JT123
04-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Still no excuses Wade fanbois. :no:
Bosh being out only makes Miami better equipped to come out of the East, as Bosh is easily one of the worst playoff performers of all time for a "star" player.

GrapeApe
04-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Bosh being out only makes Miami better equipped to come out of the East, as Bosh is easily one of the worst playoff performers of all time for a "star" player.

So losing an 11x all star, excellent shooter, and elite PnR defender makes the Heat better?

Wade is 34 years old. The only 34 year old SG to lead his team in scoring and even win a playoff series is Jordan. If the Heat get to the second round it will be a historically good season for Wade. In fact it already has been, as he had the 3rd highest PER ever for a SG his age.

PJR
04-16-2016, 05:15 PM

Why continue on with this shtick? It was never funny.

DoctorP
04-16-2016, 05:20 PM
he will be back next season

JT123
04-16-2016, 05:22 PM
So losing an 11x all star, excellent shooter, and elite PnR defender makes the Heat better?

Wade is 34 years old. The only 34 year old SG to lead his team in scoring and even win a playoff series is Jordan. If the Heat get to the second round it will be a historically good season for Wade. In fact it already has been, as he had the 3rd highest PER ever for a SG his age.
Weren't the Heat struggling offensively while Bosh was in the lineup this season? :wtf:
Fact of the matter is the Heat looked like a much more dangerous team AFTER losing Bosh for the year. He may be a talented player, but it's beyond clear by now that he was just holding the team back.

HurricaneKid
04-16-2016, 06:09 PM
It more or less is a precaution. If Bosh got injuried and started excessively bleeding his blood thinner medication could cause a problem. He was probably was told not to play. He absolutely could physically play though.

Precaution? If a clot gets to your lungs you have a 25%+ chance of dying. Having two clots in quick succession means he will likely be on blood thinners for the rest of his life. You cannot play on blood thinners as getting a bad bruise could kill you since it won't clot.

So if he stops taking blood thinners he could die and if he plays with blood thinners he could die. No Dr in the world can clear him to play as they would instantly become uninsurable and unable to,practice medicine.

This is really serious business.

Does he physically feel well enough to play? So what?

RRR3
04-16-2016, 06:53 PM
God wants 2-7 :confusedshrug:
God doesn't exist. And if he did, I would hope he would be more concerned about helping people than what happens in a sport

GrapeApe
04-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Weren't the Heat struggling offensively while Bosh was in the lineup this season? :wtf:
Fact of the matter is the Heat looked like a much more dangerous team AFTER losing Bosh for the year. He may be a talented player, but it's beyond clear by now that he was just holding the team back.

When Bosh went down the Heat were forced to play a style that they should have been playing all season. With Bosh in the Heat's new uptempo offense they would be MUCH more dangerous than they are currently. He'd give the Heat much more versatility with their lineups, improve their shooting, and improve their depth. Their defense would also be significantly better.

In some ways, yes, Bosh's absence was the best thing to happen to the Heat, but not because the Heat are better without him. It simply forced a style change. If they had been playing uptempo from the beginning of the season, the Heat would have challenged for a top 2 seed.