PDA

View Full Version : '09 Kobe, '09 Wade, and '09 LeBron on the '16 Warriors

aj1987
04-17-2016, 04:14 PM
How far do they go with the 2nd GOAT 3pt shooter, DPOY PF, DPOY C, and the COY, along with the deepest bench in the league?

Kobe - 70+ wins, MVP and FMVP. Defenders, shooters, and elite paint presence.

LeBron - Plethora of rebounders, defenders, and shooters, making it an ideal team. 70+ wins with MVP and FMVP.

Wade - Defensive players, rebounders, and 3pt shooters, along with elite passers, who really do not even care about their stats... 70+ wins, MVP, and FMVP

Do these players not achieve the same?

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2016, 04:20 PM
Warriors are built around having the GOAT 3pt shooter who creates an insane amount of space for his teammates based off the fact that he is a threat from anywhere past the half-court line.

This warriors team isn't built around the strengths of either of these three other guys, especially not Lebron who wouldn't be willing to play off ball as much as Curry does and isn't nearly as good at playing off ball. None of these guys are. Curry is the best off ball and on ball player in the game.

btw Warriors were without their coach for the first 30 some games, Barnes missed 16 games, Iggy missed 15 games, Bogut missed 12 and their back up center missed 40.

None of these guys could replicate Curry's success with this team because this team is built around Curry and his specific set of skills

aj1987
04-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Warriors are built around having the GOAT 3pt shooter who creates an insane amount of space for his teammates based off the fact that he is a threat from anywhere past the half-court line.

This warriors team isn't built around the strengths of either of these three other guys, especially not Lebron who wouldn't be willing to play off ball as much as Curry does and isn't nearly as good at playing off ball. None of these guys are. Curry is the best off ball and on ball player in the game.

btw Warriors were without their coach for the first 30 some games, Barnes missed 16 games, Iggy missed 15 games, Bogut missed 12 and their back up center missed 40.

None of these guys could replicate Curry's success with this team because this team is built around Curry and his specific set of skills
Ignore Wade and LeBron for a second. Imagine what Kobe could do with, probably the 2nd GOAT 3pt shooter, and an assortment of elite DPOY level defenders and rebounders. That would be the equivalent of the post-Shaq Lakers on steroids, HGH, and whatever else there is.

If the team's healthy, I can see Kobe winning until he's bored.

TheMarkMadsen
04-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Ignore Wade and LeBron for a second. Imagine what Kobe could do with, probably the 2nd GOAT 3pt shooter, and an assortment of elite DPOY level defenders and rebounders. That would be the equivalent of the post-Shaq Lakers on steroids, HGH, and whatever else there is.

No, Kobe's game is at its best when he can work an inside/outside game with a big. Kobe won 5 rings playing mid-range basketball and putting in work on the elbow.

He didn't win them by taking 10+ threes per game and being the GOAT shooter who creates some of the GOAT spacing for a team, ever. Look at the 08-10 Lakers when Kobe was leading his team to rings, those were not 3pt shooting teams because that type of play doesn't fit his style.

The Warriors are built around Curry and his skill set, his ability to stretch the floor at a GOAT level, his ability to play off ball at a GOAT level, his ability to keep the defense honest 100% of the time, his ability to draw doubles 30 feet away from the basket, etc, etc.

You can't just swap in other great players and expect to have the same type of success when they have completely different play styles.

aj1987
04-17-2016, 04:54 PM
No, Kobe's game is at its best when he can work an inside/outside game with a big. Kobe won 5 rings playing mid-range basketball and putting in work on the elbow.
Lets look at some FACTS:

Since '01, Kobe took 13.35 jumpshots a game in the PO's and made 5.29 of them at 39.66%. LeBron, since '06 (his first PO's), took 13.53 jumpshots a game in the PO's and made 4.75 of them at 35.06%. In short, Kobe basically scored 1 point more per game over LeBron on jumpshots.

It's not like Kobe's a 50% shooter from the midrange, BTW. Not even close.

He didn't win them by taking 10+ threes per game and being the GOAT shooter who creates some of the GOAT spacing for a team, ever. Look at the 08-10 Lakers when Kobe was leading his team to rings, those were not 3pt shooting teams because that type of play doesn't fit his style.
I'm guessing that you misread my post, but I was talking about teammates. Play is arguably a better 3pt shooter than Allen.

The Warriors are built around Curry and his skill set, his ability to stretch the floor at a GOAT level, his ability to play off ball at a GOAT level, his ability to keep the defense honest 100% of the time, his ability to draw doubles 30 feet away from the basket, etc, etc.
IMO, Kobe, Wade, and LeBron would be better and maximizing the teams' talents. All 3 were DPOY level defenders, elite passers and scorers as well.

You can't just swap in other great players and expect to have the same type of success when they have completely different play styles.
Not really.

Kobe/Wade/LeBron
Elite defender and GOAT lever 3pt shooter - Klay
Good 3pt shooter, DPOY defender, elite passer - Green
Elite shooter and a good defender - Barnes
DPOY Center - Bogut

Bench: Iggy, Livingston, Festus, etc.

Elite 3pt shooters (while being elite defenders), DPOY level defenders, etc..

How do they NOT win? Literally the perfect teams for those 3.

They've won with less, BTW.

TheImmortal
04-17-2016, 04:57 PM
These clowns constantly want to discredit Curry.. f LeBron and D-Wade.

warriorfan
04-17-2016, 04:59 PM
Madsen shutting down this thread :applause:

aj1987
04-17-2016, 04:59 PM
These clowns constantly want to discredit Curry.. f LeBron and D-Wade.
Retard, I'm mostly talking about Kobe ITT. Go back to your other account, loser. :oldlol:

warriorfan
04-17-2016, 05:00 PM
http://www.shockmansion.com/wp-content/myimages/2015/10/Dump.jpg

stalkerforlife
04-17-2016, 05:03 PM
Mark Madsen always destroys aj...the pretend Heat fan.

PJR
04-17-2016, 05:03 PM
This is a dumb thread, dude. Curry is amazing, and has peaked offensivly higher than all three of the aforementioned players. Give that man his props. I say that as a mega Wade/Heat homer.

SwayDizzle
04-17-2016, 05:05 PM
loool what is this?

aj1987
04-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Dude, start cleaning up after yourself. Also, ask your mom and dad to not shit not the freaking beach. It's freaking disgusting.

This is a dumb thread, dude. Curry is amazing, and has peaked offensivly higher than all three of the aforementioned players. Give that man his props. I say that as a mega Wade/Heat homer.
Definitely. :cheers:

Curry just had a top 2-3 offensive season EVER. I'm NOT talking about that. I just wanted a discussion about what Kobe/Wade/LeBron could do with the same squad that Curry has right now.

Again, I'm not hating on Curry. I was just wondering the others would do with such a good supporting cast.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Theyre the best offense in the league this season

Wade couldnt anchor top offenses without Shaq or Bran only sht offenses for the most part (07-10, 15, 16)

theyd be the best defense in the league with those 3 but Wade wasnt good enough on offense in helping his team

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-17-2016, 05:12 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

aj1987
04-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Theyre the best offense in the league this season

Wade couldnt anchor top offenses without Shaq or Bran only sht offenses for the most part (07-10, 15, 16)

theyd be the best defense in the league with those 3 but Wade wasnt good enough on offense in helping his team
Might have something to do with Wade playing on D-Leauge level teams, without Shaq/LeBron. Still won more rings than Chokep3, Durchoke, and Kevin "I pick on midgets only" Garnett COMBINED

We'll talk again when ChokeP3 makes the conference finals. Loser couldn't make it with BG AND DeAndre. :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-17-2016, 05:20 PM
Might have something to do with Wade playing on D-Leauge level teams, without Shaq/LeBron. Still won more rings than Chokep3, Durchoke, and Kevin "I pick on midgets only" Garnett COMBINED

We'll talk again when ChokeP3 makes the conference finals. Loser couldn't make it with BG AND DeAndre. :roll:

Wade had prime Bran and Shaq in a sht conference great job winning a ring:oldlol: :oldlol:

No Wade had a ball dominant skillset. His offball game was mediocre and he couldnt shoot so he couldnt help his teammates elevate their games outside of slashing and passing out

GrapeApe
04-17-2016, 05:33 PM
Curry had arguably the greatest offensive season of all time, and that's not even getting into his overall offensive impact. He's the most unique guard in history, basically the Shaq of perimeter players. Much like Shaq, there's just no way to defend what he does. As good as those other guys were, I don't think they could duplicate the impact that Curry has offensively.

That being said, the Warriors defense would be scary good. They are one of the best defensive teams in the league as is. With prime Kobe, Lebron, or Wade they would be an all-time great level defense.

The Warriors would obviously be great with any of those three, and probably heavy title favorites. They would do it in a different way, but still highly effective. I don't think they win 73 games though and I don't think they'd be quite as good offensively. If you asked me this question 3-4 months ago I might have said that the Warriors would be better with Kobe, Lebron, or Wade, but I'm now sold on Curry and the offensive impact that he has. I have to give credit where credit is due.

aj1987
04-17-2016, 05:33 PM
Wade had prime Bran and Shaq in a sht conference great job winning a ring
'05 and '06 was prime Shaq? I knew that you were an illiterate hood rat, but never assumed that you were this idiotic.

Lets also ignore the 23/5/6/2/1 that Wade put up in '12, BTW. Oh, and Wade took the Heat to the 2nd round in his ROOKIE season, hitting TWO game winners.

No Wade had a ball dominant skillset. His offball game was mediocre and he couldnt shoot so he couldnt help his teammates elevate their games outside of slashing and passing out
Wade from midrange for his career: 38.9%
Kobe from midrange for his career: 40.2%

Wade on jumpshots for his career: 38.7%
Kobe on jumpshots for his career: 39.3%

:roll: :roll:

Curry had arguably the greatest offensive season of all time, and that's not even getting into his overall offensive impact. He's the most unique guard in history, basically the Shaq of perimeter players. Much like Shaq, there's just no way to defend what he does. As good as those other guys were, I don't think they could duplicate the impact that Curry has offensively.

That being said, the Warriors defense would be scary good. They are one of the best defensive teams in the league as is. With prime Kobe, Lebron, or Wade they would be an all-time great level defense.

The Warriors would obviously be great with any of those three, and probably heavy title favorites. They would do it in a different way, but still highly effective. I don't think they win 73 games though and I don't think they'd be quite as good offensively. If you asked me this question 3-4 months ago I might have said that the Warriors would be better with Kobe, Lebron, or Wade, but I'm now sold on Curry and the offensive impact that he has. I have to give credit where credit is due.
I'm not hating on Curry, bro. I wanted a decent discussion on what Kobe/Wade/LeBron would do with and elite defensive, passing, and rebounding team. None of Kobe/Wade/LeBron had a team close to the current Warriors.

TommyGriffin
04-17-2016, 05:34 PM
'05 and '06 was prime Shaq? I knew that you were an illiterate hood rat, but never assumed that you were this idiotic.

Lets also ignore the 23/5/6/2/1 that Wade put up in '12, BTW. Oh, and Wade took the Heat to the 2nd round in his ROOKIE season, hitting TWO game winners.

Wade from midrange for his career: 38.9%
Kobe from midrange for his career: 40.2%

Wade on jumpshots for his career: 38.7%
Kobe on jumpshots for his career: 39.3%

:roll: :roll:

Using career jumpshot percentages isn't a good way to compare midrange. Kobe in his prime is one of the greatest midrange shooters of all time.

aj1987
04-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Using career jumpshot percentages isn't a good way to compare midrange. Kobe in his prime is one of the greatest midrange shooters of all time.
Primes are ~3% away. About a point a game. I'm talking about often injured '05-'16 Wade and '01-'13 Kobe.

TommyGriffin
04-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Primes are ~3% away. About a point a game.
You are relying too much on statistics. If you watched basketball when Kobe was in his prime you would know what some of the posters ITT are talking about. Kobe had a way of taking it to the next level during important games and consequently coasting on games that were not as competitive. That is how Kobe's competitive mindset worked. No one was more dangerous than Kobe Bryant at midrange through the 3 point line when he was in the zone.

aj1987
04-17-2016, 05:44 PM
You are relying too much on statistics. If you watched basketball when Kobe was in his prime you would know what some of the posters ITT are talking about. Kobe had a way of taking it to the next level during important games and consequently coasting on games that were not as competitive. That is how Kobe's competitive mindset worked. No one was more dangerous than Kobe Bryant at midrange through the 3 point line when he was in the zone.
Yet, he's a 41% shooter from midrange. That's for his prime, BTW. I know that narratives can be poetic and shit, but lets not try to rewrite what actually happened.

Most important games? Kobe is among one of the worst performers in the Finals (for an ATG). Also, a terrible game 7 performer.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Kobe had a way of taking it to the next level during important games and consequently coasting on games that were not as competitive. That is how Kobe's competitive mindset worked. No one was more dangerous than Kobe Bryant at midrange through the 3 point line when he was in the zone.

Also keep in mind how they're defended. I don't know if there are reliable stats on this, but Kobe was definitely guarded tougher around that area or at least he was in his prime.

For the majority of LeBron's career, teams feared his drive and often dared him to shoot.

aj1987
04-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Also keep in mind how they're defended. I don't know if there are reliable stats on this, but Kobe was definitely guarded tougher around that area or at least he was in his prime.

For the majority of LeBron's career, teams feared his drive and often dared him to shoot.
Agreed. Not just about him driving into the lane, but teams were also concerned about his passing. Kobe and LeBron were almost never guarded the same way.

fiddy
04-17-2016, 05:53 PM
loool what is this?
OP's relatives

feyki
04-17-2016, 06:50 PM

Totally agree .

I don't think they would win 70+ wins with Kobe or Wade . Maybe with Lebron . Cause his 3's and passing ability make him differant than other two . Wade can't shoot 3's . And Kobe would break their ryhtim with too much shooting .

aj1987
04-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Totally agree .

I don't think they would win 70+ wins with Kobe or Wade . Maybe with Lebron . Cause his 3's and passing ability make him differant than other two . Wade can't shoot 3's . And Kobe would break their ryhtim with too much shooting .
The problem with your thinking is that you guys are too 'tunnel minded'. Wade and Kobe are both better defenders, passers, and finishers at the rim. Even when the defense gets a bit physical, Wade and Kobe can still eviscerate defenses. Again, even if their shooting is cold AF, they can score in a plethora of ways.