PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard now joins Moncrief/Rodman as the only multiple perimeter DPOY winners

Im Still Ballin
04-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox9ZrM600c8

I know you are
04-18-2016, 09:54 AM
Rodman on the Pistons was as much of a perimeter defender as Kawhi is. He played a lot of SF back then.

Im Still Ballin
04-18-2016, 09:56 AM
Rodman on the Pistons was as much of a perimeter defender as Kawhi is. He played a lot of SF back then.
It's a bold move Cotton.....

BUT I WILL ALLOW IT

Im Still Ballin
04-18-2016, 10:07 AM
https://7373-presscdn-0-43-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/chuck-norris-thumbs-up.gif

SomeBitterDude
04-18-2016, 10:29 AM
When Rodman was winning DPOYs it was because of his work on the boards as a big and post defense. Yeah he played some backup SF in Detroit early on but he wasn't a DPOY candidate then...

90sgoat
04-18-2016, 11:09 AM
He is a very good defender, but would he win it in the 90s? Mutombo, Hakeem?

The lack of elite defensive bigs makes it a bit less valuable, but still congrats to Kawhi, special player.

miggyme1
04-18-2016, 11:11 AM
He is a very good defender, but would he win it in the 90s? Mutombo, Hakeem?

The lack of elite defensive bigs makes it a bit less valuable, but still congrats to Kawhi, special player.

is this the 90's?????

second.....you don't consider deandre Jordan, bogut,hassan whiteside elite defensive bigs??? marc gasol when healthy??

3ball
04-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Kawhi now joins Moncrief/Rodman/Jordan/Cooper/Payton/Artest as the only perimeter DPOY winners

These are the best perimeter players of all time, but only 1 of those them was also the GOAT scorer

When ranking perimeter players ONLY, Jordan is the only player that ranks in top 5 on both sides of the ball.

Stringer Bell
04-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Rodman a perimeter defender in 1989-90 and 1990-91? I'm sure those who watched more of the whole seasons can give a better description.

I know he was pretty versatile and would sometimes guard Jordan on the perimeter (Dumars was assigned to MJ the most frequently), and also guard other guys in the post, like Worthy, as he did sometimes in the 88' and 89' finals.

Worthy said Rodman would grab his butt when guarding him. :oldlol:

Rodman spoke very highly of Worthy's skills.

sd3035
04-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Kawhi and Pip, best two way players of all time :applause: :applause: :applause:

AirBonner
04-18-2016, 12:20 PM
Kawhi and Pip, best two way players of all time :applause: :applause: :applause:
That is definitely not 3ball bait :lol

3ball
04-18-2016, 12:25 PM

According to Greg Popovich, Kawhi isn't on Jordan's level when it comes to 2-way ability:

"(Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, and I don’t mean he’s Michael Jordan,” Popovich said. “But you think about the best players in the league, they’re not two-way players. He wants to do that.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/spurs/2015/11/11/kawhi-leonard-gregg-popovich-spurs-charles-barkley-michael-jordan/75612616/

Popovich's comments aren't rocket science - Jordan averaged 35 ppg while getting DPOY, compared to Kawhi's 20 ppg... :confusedshrug: ... No comparison

ShawkFactory
04-18-2016, 12:29 PM
Kawhi now joins Moncrief/Rodman/Jordan/Cooper/Payton/Artest as the only perimeter DPOY winners

These are the best perimeter players of all time, but only 1 of those them was also the GOAT scorer

When ranking perimeter players ONLY, Jordan is the only player that ranks in top 5 on both sides of the ball.
:facepalm

3ball
04-18-2016, 12:31 PM

I left Pippen off the list because he never won DPOY.

Regardless, when ranking perimeter players ONLY, Jordan is the only player that ranks in top 5 on both sides of the ball.

According to Greg Popovich, Jordan's 2-way play was the standard:

"(Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, and I don’t mean he’s Michael Jordan,” Popovich said. “But you think about the best players in the league, they’re not two-way players. He wants to do that.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/spurs/2015/11/11/kawhi-leonard-gregg-popovich-spurs-charles-barkley-michael-jordan/75612616/

Jordan averaged 35 ppg while getting DPOY, compared to Kawhi's 20 ppg, so Popovich's comments aren't rocket science - they're intuitive... :confusedshrug: ... No comparison

ShawkFactory
04-18-2016, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=3ball]I left Pippen off the list because he never won DPOY.

Regardless, when ranking perimeter players ONLY, Jordan is the only player that ranks in top 5 on both sides of the ball.

According to Greg Popovich, Jordan's 2-way play was the standard:

[INDENT]"[I](Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, [B]and I don

sd3035
04-18-2016, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=3ball]According to Greg Popovich, Kawhi isn't on Jordan's level when it comes to 2-way ability:

[INDENT]"[I](Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, [B]and I don

pauk
04-18-2016, 12:53 PM
:applause:

Had no idea where it was gona go this year, sure Kawhi was gona be a top candidate but you know... not run-away style... was leaning more towards Green winning it tho or they were just gona rob somebody again with their safe bet again by just giving it to some big guy again, Whiteside perhaps...