PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually think Dwight is a good player?

selrahc
04-18-2016, 11:04 PM
Serious question. For his body and athletic gifts he should be 10x the player he is. He sucks dick and is a huge drama queen on and off the court. Wtf is wrong with him?

warriorfan
04-18-2016, 11:06 PM
he has zero heart

zero

Mr. Jabbar
04-18-2016, 11:06 PM
kobe haters love him :lol

DoctorP
04-18-2016, 11:41 PM
hes slow now

LAZERUSS
04-18-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm beginning to believe that Harden wouldn't make the Warriors roster. Curry, Klay, Iggy, and Shaun...all outplaying him in this series.

Round Mound
04-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Defensively He is Really Good (Defensive Rebounding and Shot Blocking) But Offensively He Has Zero Skills.

DaSeba5
04-18-2016, 11:50 PM
I think he can still be a good player (not as dominant as before but still good), but not if he plays with no effort. He seems to give up, especially when he wants out.

yeaaaman
04-19-2016, 12:42 AM
Defensively He is Really Good (Defensive Rebounding and Shot Blocking) But Offensively He Has Zero Skills.

Zero skills is a bit of an exaggeration. He's not the same player but I definitely feel it's more that he is completely useless in Houston, I mean look at the way they play. He's running all over the court to set screens and rebound their garbage shots, then go bust his ass to rebound them again. Why pay a guy that much to do that?

He's put up good numbers and performances for them in past playoffs, but this year they've went a completely different direction.

Houston is clueless, I'm not sure if it's analytics that tells them contested step back 3's are good shots. But hey, let's see how they do the rest of tonight.

thefatmiral
04-19-2016, 12:46 AM
Headcase. Still has ability and potential though. Still young.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 12:48 AM
Serious question. For his body and athletic gifts he should be 10x the player he is. He sucks dick and is a huge drama queen on and off the court. Wtf is wrong with him?
He doesn't have athletic gifts anymore and he's 6'9 so he's too undersized to be the traditional low post center that he's trying to be.

He refuses to run the pick and roll even though it's the only offensive system that suits him. He averages well below the league average in points per possession in the low post and he turns the ball over 1 out of 5 times he touches it in the low post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2a5a3q/dwight_howard_and_his_refusal_to_pick_and_roll/

53.1% of his possessions are post-ups where he ranks #128 and scores 0.77 PPP. Not great. 20% of those possessions end up with turnovers.

Only 7.1% of his possessions are as the roll man. I realize that does not account for all of his PnRs as this doesn't include PnRs that result in a PG shot or pass to a spot up shooter. But 7.1% seems insanely low, especially considering that he ranks #3 in the leauge with 1.31 PPP!

Combine with the fact that he's a diva who destroys every locker room he goes to.

He just sucks.

I can't believe an NBA GM thought it was a good idea to pair this guy with Harden.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 12:49 AM
Headcase. Still has ability and potential though. Still young.
Dwight is 30 years old. He's not young. He's towards the end of his "prime" right now.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:04 AM
He is worse than Kendrick Perkins these days.

Dude is starting with the frustration fouls. He's going to demand a trade this offseason but no decent team is going to want him.

LakersForlife
04-19-2016, 01:06 AM
thompson boxing out howard lmao. howard is shit. i dunno why hes getting paid

Noob Saibot
04-19-2016, 01:11 AM
Dwight's a baby in a grown man's body.

Smook A.
04-19-2016, 01:12 AM
He's still good, he just needs to realize that he's not a post player but instead a pick n roll type of guy. His ego is keeping him from being a better player. Dwight cares more about showing off his robot-like post moves, then giving a screen and going for an easy layup/dunk.

Rake2204
04-19-2016, 01:13 AM
he has zero heart

zeroLet's go to the judges.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGZOQMB9AzBPtE4/giphy.gif

Confirmed. Mostly.

Mr. Jabbar
04-19-2016, 01:13 AM
its not age, he has always been utter trash with the spotlight on him. offensive liability and overrated defender. 1 fancy shot block a game spatted to the stands. fouls out EVERY important game. thats not a good defender. cant hit a ft to save his life

raprap
04-19-2016, 01:14 AM
He's still good but it's obvious he has already checked out. He's just trying to get this season done and start a new.

LAZERUSS
04-19-2016, 01:14 AM
Hard to believe, but I think he is washed up.

He can play in spurts, but in this era of 3pt shooting his defense is not as valuable, and to make matters worse, with his unstable FT shooting, he has become a liability on the offensive end.

Might make a decent backup with a team like the T-Wolves. But no one is going to pay him the big bucks.

AirFederer
04-19-2016, 01:16 AM
Sadly all that hgh didn't make his brains grow