PDA

View Full Version : Shaq was right about Dwight

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:13 AM
Back in the day Shaq was calling out Dwight, and everyone just said Shaq was jelly and insecure.

Well, it turns out Shaq was right the whole time. Everything Shaq said about Dwight has proven to be true.

Shaq was right about Dwight.

aj1987
04-19-2016, 01:16 AM
TBF, Dwight was a beast 'back in the day'. Feels like he just doesn't give a shit anymore.

guy
04-19-2016, 01:18 AM
To be fair, Shaq started all the scrutiny of Dwight, and then the media and plenty of players followed along. Then it turned out he was right. But If Shaq never started with it, maybe it never happens. Either way, makes Dwight look weak as shit and might also mean if it wasn't Shaq that started it, it would've eventually happened anyway.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:18 AM
TBF, Dwight was a beast 'back in the day'. Feels like he just doesn't give a shit anymore.
He wasn't ever a beast. He played in a weak era for bigmen. Vs Yao, Bynum, Shaq and Duncan, the only good big men in the league during his peak-D12 always got outplayed.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:19 AM
To be fair, Shaq started all the scrutiny of Dwight, and then the media and plenty of players followed along. Then it turned out he was right. But If Shaq never started with it, maybe it never happens. Either way, makes Dwight look weak as shit and might also mean if it wasn't Shaq that started it, it would've eventually happened anyway.
I was saying this on ISH in 2009 after I watched this moron in the playoffs and finals.

FreezingTsmoove
04-19-2016, 01:20 AM
Nikka hes 30 yrs old and has had injury problems

Smook A.
04-19-2016, 01:20 AM
Back in the day Shaq was calling out Dwight, and everyone just said Shaq was jelly and insecure.

Well, it turns out Shaq was right the whole time. Everything Shaq said about Dwight has proven to be true.

Shaq was right about Dwight.
Nahhh Shaq wasn't right the ENTIRE time. He was calling out Dwight the days he was a legit MVP candidate.

Mr. Jabbar
04-19-2016, 01:21 AM
He wasn't ever a beast. He played in a weak era for bigmen. Vs Yao, Bynum, Shaq and Duncan, the only good big men in the league during his peak-D12 always got outplayed.

this a thousand times

Smook A.
04-19-2016, 01:21 AM
Nikka hes 30 yrs old and has had injury problems
That back injury ruined his athleticism, but of course a lot of stupid asses here ignore that.

Smook A.
04-19-2016, 01:23 AM
Dwight wasn't ever a beast because he played in a weak era for big men? One of the lamest statements I've ever heard here on ISH. Man, Lakers fans back at it again with their shenanigans :oldlol:

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:26 AM
Nahhh Shaq wasn't right the ENTIRE time. He was calling out Dwight the days he was a legit MVP candidate.
He was never a real MVP candidate.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:26 AM
Dwight wasn't ever a beast because he played in a weak era for big men? One of the lamest statements I've ever heard here on ISH. Man, Lakers fans back at it again with their shenanigans :oldlol:
He beasted vs scrubs. When he went against good centers he got badly outplayed.

Smook A.
04-19-2016, 01:29 AM
He was never a real MVP candidate.
Not even gonna waste my time with you anymore. It's not worth it :oldlol:

L.Kizzle
04-19-2016, 01:31 AM
To be fair, when they went to him he was effective.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:31 AM
Not even gonna waste my time with you anymore. It's not worth it :oldlol:
The one year they got to the finals, Hedo being clutch hitting a bunch of game winners (even in the playoffs) and running the pick and role and feeding Dwight perfectly was their MVP.

Every year after that Dwight did not deserve MVP.

Note how Dwight's demise began after Hedo went to Toronto.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:33 AM
To be fair, when they went to him he was effective.

53.1% of his possessions are post-ups where he ranks #128 and scores 0.77 PPP. Not great. 20% of those possessions end up with turnovers.

Only 7.1% of his possessions are as the roll man. I realize that does not account for all of his PnRs as this doesn't include PnRs that result in a PG shot or pass to a spot up shooter. But 7.1% seems insanely low, especially considering that he ranks #3 in the leauge with 1.31 PPP!
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2a5a3q/dwight_howard_and_his_refusal_to_pick_and_roll/

Too bad Dwight refuses to run the pick and roll, the one thing he is actually good at.

STATUTORY
04-19-2016, 01:37 AM
Dwight was very lucky that Yao, Bynum, and Oden was all struck down with injuries, or else he would never be remembered as more than an alonzo mourning player

a decade in the league and he can't even box out properly. Has gotten by on his hops entire career, now has nothing left to offer at a professional level

L.Kizzle
04-19-2016, 01:37 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2a5a3q/dwight_howard_and_his_refusal_to_pick_and_roll/

Too bad Dwight refuses to run the pick and roll, the one thing he is actually good at.
When they put them in scoring positions.

STATUTORY
04-19-2016, 01:38 AM
i fcking hate this clown, guy killed Kobe's achilles with his corny smiling on/off the court antics

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:39 AM
When they put them in scoring positions.
Yes I agree with you. Dwight is decent when his team feeds him open dunks and alleyoops.

Mr. Jabbar
04-19-2016, 01:40 AM
has nothing left to offer at a professional level

savage

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:41 AM
Dwight was very lucky that Yao, Bynum, and Oden was all struck down with injuries, or else he would never be remembered as more than an alonzo mourning player

a decade in the league and he can't even box out properly. Has gotten by on his hops entire career, now has nothing left to offer at a professional level
Yes. Good point. Dwight was lucky that the best centers of his generation were all injury prone.

He capitalized off the situation for awhile but I'm glad he's being exposed as the zero-skill zero-heart scrub that he is, just like I predicted would happen back in 2009.

aj1987
04-19-2016, 02:02 AM

Where do you retards crawl out of? Zo is considered to be one of the greatest defensive players ever and is a HOF'er. A top 10 C of all time. :facepalm :facepalm

He was a 3x DPOY, who averaged 20/13 over a 6 year span and routinely anchored the best defense in the league.

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 02:06 AM
Where do you retards crawl out of? Zo is considered to be one of the greatest defensive players ever and is a HOF'er. A top 10 C of all time. :facepalm :facepalm

He was a 3x DPOY, who averaged 20/13 over a 6 year span and routinely anchored the best defense in the league.
empty stats. Bynum, Duncan, Shaq and Yao used to light him up on the regular.

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 07:34 AM

Zo was done as a HOF caliber player by the same Yao and Bynum got into the league, much less when they become legit forces. Shaq and Duncan lighting him up on occasions, you're talking a top 5 center and the beat PF ever. Who didn't they light up at some point in their careers?! Zo's prime coincided with Shaq, Admiral, Hakeem, Ewing.

aj1987
04-19-2016, 07:38 AM
As Dragonyeuw said, they're 3 extremely talented players. Shaq is a top 5 GOAT and Yao and Bynum could've quite easily ended in the top 50, if they could stay healthy (and if Bynum had his head on straight). I doubt there's too many players in the history of the game, who could actually stop them.

Kingwillball
04-19-2016, 07:48 AM
Dude went from a potential top 5 player in NBA to a literal scrub within couple years not often you see that. He is only 30 and has not been a star for at least 3 seasons now. He is not even a top 10 center in NBA anymore.. Sad

HylianNightmare
04-19-2016, 07:52 AM
He was a real mvp guy for a few seasons and multiple dpoy,and took a team to the finals...what more do you want?

HylianNightmare
04-19-2016, 07:52 AM
He was a real mvp guy for a few seasons and multiple dpoy,and took a team to the finals...what more do you want?

keep-itreal
04-19-2016, 07:58 AM
I hated Dwight before Shaq started hating him

StephHamann
04-19-2016, 08:09 AM
He would be a great fit in Dallas, playing alongside old losers that were run out of their former team's towns.

:oldlol:

NumberSix
04-19-2016, 08:20 AM
Da'white Howard.

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 08:27 AM
Dwight never had the ethic to evolve beyond his athleticism. That's why he is what he is now. Even looking at those videos from 5 years ago of him with Hakeem, it's telling that Dream at 50 years old looked more fluid and intuitive than Dwight.

warriorfan
04-19-2016, 09:11 AM
Shaq was mad butthurt about Dwight, he had no pokerface he was salty as hell and was jealous and insecure. Insecure especially since Dwight was a top 3 player at his short prime it but it wasn't like he was as good as Shaq... Shaq was being shaq shook and insecure AF

Dwight has always been a frustrating player to watch. He was a top 3 player while having an offensive game of scoring off offensive rebounds and alley oops...he used to live off that garbage for 20 points on 60% FG which is insane but he could of took it to the next level with a reliable post game. Dwight being a reliable offensive option down the stretch would of been huge and he could of been the best player in the league. Instead we got to watch the same wack ass clunky moves season after season with zero improvement. Dwight has the little ugly baby hook runner across the paint and thats it. That is the only post move he has developed in his entire career. Its pathetic. That combined with him being a goofy ass dumb ass type of dude who went diva as soon as he started getting some press recognition and he ended up being a huge f ucking waste. He had incredible talent and potential.

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 09:21 AM
Shaq was mad butthurt about Dwight, he had no pokerface he was salty as hell and was jealous and insecure. Insecure especially since Dwight was a top 3 player at his short prime it but it wasn't like he was as good as Shaq... Shaq was being shaq shook and insecure AF

Jealous of what? Dwight at his best wasn't even a more dominant force than Rookie Shaq. At no point did Dwight ever threaten his legacy.

Chadwin
04-19-2016, 09:33 AM
He showed some promise in that Portland series with some different post moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zM_CzaMCbo

haven't seen these since

warriorfan
04-19-2016, 09:34 AM
Jealous of what? Dwight at his best wasn't even a more dominant force than Rookie Shaq. At no point did Dwight ever threaten his legacy.

Jealous of him being called Superman and him getting press. And I already said that dwight was never as good as shaq already and that is the reason why shaq was being insecure...tripping over players that aren't even on his level that is pretty much the definition of being insecure

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 09:57 AM
Jealous of him being called Superman and him getting press. And I already said that dwight was never as good as shaq already and that is the reason why shaq was being insecure...tripping over players that aren't even on his level that is pretty much the definition of being insecure

Petty would probably be the better term, jealous would suggest that Dwight was a legit threat to his legacy.

miggyme1
04-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Petty would probably be the better term, jealous would suggest that Dwight was a legit threat to his legacy.

What you are implying makes no sense. Legit threat to his legacy? How can one player that didnt even play in another players prime affect their legacy? Lmao.

Stupid

gcvbcat
04-19-2016, 10:04 AM
shakeel is another overrated islamist, what he says is irrelevant.

edit: dwight is a piece of shit anyways.

retaxis
04-19-2016, 10:11 AM
Dwight plays well when they feed him the ball where he needs it. When they let him touch the ball twice a quarter so that he can throw it back out cos he is 15feet away from the basket then he isn;t so good. How hard is it to get a good PG and throw it in?

Then again Harden will get rid of any team mates who pass the ball to dwight as Harden already owns the rockets and the rumors have been floating around of his misdeeds towards team mates. Thats why they got rid of linsanity cos he was a PNR player who gave the ball to Dwight on bounce passes and alley oops and harden got jelly real fast. The beard starting growing in his gums when he say Dwight looking good and wanted to shine more than dwight so he decided to sabotage the team. Harden is the modern day Carmelo Anthony, rather lose and be the leader of the team and get paid then win rings

I know you are
04-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Dwight never worked on footwork. He is still athletic enough to be good if he ever improved his skill. Dwight beasted on under sized Cs in the late 2000s.

kentatm
04-19-2016, 11:14 AM

hard to give a shit when you are on a team "led" by a dude who plays hero ball on offense and flat out doesn't try on defense.

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 11:31 AM
What you are implying makes no sense. Legit threat to his legacy? How can one player that didnt even play in another players prime affect their legacy? Lmao.

Stupid

Your comment makes no sense. Players dont have to play in the same time period to compare and contrast their legacies. Fcuk, half the threads nowadays talk about Curry and where his career will end up compared to MJ. Lebron and Kobe have often been in the discussion in terms of legacies compared to MJ. What the hell are YOU talking about?

miggyme1
04-19-2016, 11:34 AM
Your comment makes no sense. Players dont have to play in the same time period to compare and contrast their legacies. Fcuk, half the threads nowadays talk about Curry and where his career will end up compared to MJ. Lebron and Kobe have often been in the discussion in terms of legacies compared to MJ. What the hell are YOU talking about?

how can Anthony davis affect bill russells legacy??

how can kobe affect what Jordan did???

how can kat affect what hakeem did??

how can Jason kidd affect what magic did???

Its a big difference between comparing and AFFECTING. I need YOU to learn the difference ASAP

stalkerforlife
04-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Shaq is way bigger. Period. Shaq is thick all over, while Dwight is the poster boy for forgetting leg day; in reality, though, he's just smaller boned.

If you watch Dwight on the block, he simply can't uproot defenders like Shaq did.

Dwight is all upper body.

I don't like Dwight after quitting on Kobe, but he was never going to be the most dominant player alive.

miggyme1
04-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Shaq is way bigger. Period. Shaq is thick all over, while Dwight is the poster boy for forgetting leg day; in reality, though, he's just smaller boned.

If you watch Dwight on the block, he simply can't uproot defenders like Shaq did.

Dwight is all upper body.

I don't like Dwight after quitting on Kobe, but he was never going to be the most dominant player alive.

what you say sounds like it makes sense but it doesn't...Dwight never was a poster boy for being a traditional center so comparing him to shaq is void. second......people forget shaq had legit center size....Dwight is barely 6'9...his long arms and high waist and broad shoulders make him look taller than he is....kinda like ben Wallace back in the day

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 12:07 PM
how can Anthony davis affect bill russells legacy??

how can kobe affect what Jordan did???

how can kat affect what hakeem did??

how can Jason kidd affect what magic did???

Its a big difference between comparing and AFFECTING. I need YOU to learn the difference ASAP

Point out one instance where I used the word AFFECT in my prior posts. Once you realize that I never mentioned the word once, or even implied anything about 'affecting', shut the fcuk up and move on. It's not about 'affecting' what they did or taking away what they achieved, it's about surpassing them and becoming the new measure of greatness. You're the one who was talking about affecting for whatever reason. If Steph Curry goes on to win 5 MVPs, 7 titles while continuing on his current pace, then the conversation will be about him 'threatening' MJ's status as arguable GOAT.

miggyme1
04-19-2016, 12:24 PM

OWNED.....................AGAIN

TO THREATEN SOMEONES LEGACY WOULD MEAN TO AFFECT YOU DUMB FUCC

IM DONE HERE FOLKS

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 12:33 PM
OWNED.....................AGAIN

TO THREATEN SOMEONES LEGACY WOULD MEAN TO AFFECT YOU DUMB FUCC

IM DONE HERE FOLKS

No it doesn't. Threatening a legacy doesn't mean affecting as in take away from what that person achieved, it just means someone comes along who does more to be considered better or comparable to. At one point Oscar Robertson's triple double season was considered a standard for GOAT-ness; that is no longer the case but that doesn't 'take away' from what he did or affect the significance of his achievement, it just means he's been bested since by a new standard for how we measure GOAT-level performance. The problem is that in your retardation, you assume that when I talk about 'threaten', you took that to mean I meant 'affect' as in take away from, when I meant threaten as in 'comparable to' or 'surpass'. Dwight never 'threatened' Shaq's legacy in the sense that he was never comparable to Shaq as a player or in terms of what he achieved. I could have explained what I meant before you chimed in like a dumba$$ fcuking retard.

But yes for our sakes, please go away.

miggyme1
04-19-2016, 01:01 PM
No it doesn't. Threatening a legacy doesn't mean affecting as in take away from what that person achieved, it just means someone comes along who does more to be considered better or comparable to. At one point Oscar Robertson's triple double season was considered a standard for GOAT-ness; that is no longer the case but that doesn't 'take away' from what he did or affect the significance of his achievement, it just means he's been bested since by a new standard for how we measure GOAT-level performance. The problem is that in your retardation, you assume that when I talk about 'threaten', you took that to mean I meant 'affect' as in take away from, when I meant threaten as in 'comparable to' or 'surpass'. Dwight never 'threatened' Shaq's legacy in the sense that he was never comparable to Shaq as a player or in terms of what he achieved. I could have explained what I meant before you chimed in like a dumba$$ fcuking retard.

But yes for our sakes, please go away.

guy lives in a world where "take away" doesn't correlate with AFFECT. LMAO....FUCCING IDIOTS ON HERE BOY I SWEAR

AGAIN HOW CAN YOU THREATEN SOMETHING SOMEONE DID BEFORE YOU? YOU MAKE NO SENSE AND YOU NEVER WILL. ILL WAIT FOR ANOTHER HALF BAKED RESPONSE THOUGH. I ALWAYS DO. LMAO. ISH IDIOTS I SWEAR

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Hedo balling out of his mind and dropping game winners all season long and in the playoffs is what took that team to the finals.

Dwight got the numbers but SVG's system was designed to feed Dwight open dunks and pad out his numbers.

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 01:09 PM
guy lives in a world where "take away" doesn't correlate with AFFECT. LMAO....FUCCING IDIOTS ON HERE BOY I SWEAR

AGAIN HOW CAN YOU THREATEN SOMETHING SOMEONE DID BEFORE YOU? YOU MAKE NO SENSE AND YOU NEVER WILL. ILL WAIT FOR ANOTHER HALF BAKED RESPONSE THOUGH. I ALWAYS DO. LMAO. ISH IDIOTS I SWEAR

Affect can mean any number of things. I explained what I meant, but you aren't interested in that because you're more interested in extending the argument than actually offering anything beyond your retarded comprehension of what I said, even after I explained what I meant. You aren't actually addressing anything I've said, and making the argument about a few words like 'threaten' when it's pretty meaningless in the context of my overall post. Read the rest of my comments and make a coherent argument you inbred c*nt.

Putting your comments in caps doesn't make you look more right. It just emphasizes your stupidity. I'm not getting into the semantics of what I said, what I intended it to mean and what you think it means in your retarded little world.

HoopologyPhD
04-19-2016, 01:21 PM
New thread: Shaq was also right about Haren!

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:21 PM
Shaq wasn't insecure though. This was just idiotic ISHers projecting their own beta personalities on to him.

1) Shaq was pissed that Dwight tried to steal Shaq's nickname. Wouldn't you be pissed if you were an all time great level center and you see this dumb kid with half of your skill, talent and work ethic calling himself your old nickname?

2) Shaq said Dwight didn't have the skill base or fundamentals to be considered an all-time great big but he did have the potential to if he worked on his fundamentals-THIS IS TRUE.

3) Shaq was not afraid of his legacy being overshadowed. He said that Dwight didn't have what it takes to lead his team to a title-mentally and skill wise-AND HE WAS RIGHT.

Lebronxrings
04-19-2016, 01:43 PM
Lets not act like Dwight always sucked. :oldlol:

Its only been this year, calm down kobe stans

Nick Young
04-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Lets not act like Dwight always sucked. :oldlol:

Its only been this year, calm down kobe stans
He has sucked for the last 4-5 years in a row now.

Even in his peak in 2009 he was an awful offensive player who turned the ball over too many times and had zero fundamentals.

miggyme1
04-19-2016, 03:11 PM
Shaq wasn't insecure though. This was just idiotic ISHers projecting their own beta personalities on to him.

1) Shaq was pissed that Dwight tried to steal Shaq's nickname. Wouldn't you be pissed if you were an all time great level center and you see this dumb kid with half of your skill, talent and work ethic calling himself your old nickname?

2) Shaq said Dwight didn't have the skill base or fundamentals to be considered an all-time great big but he did have the potential to if he worked on his fundamentals-THIS IS TRUE.

3) Shaq was not afraid of his legacy being overshadowed. He said that Dwight didn't have what it takes to lead his team to a title-mentally and skill wise-AND HE WAS RIGHT.

shaq doesn't own the name or moniker...why would that upset him?

it started off childish imo and then when shaq became a analyst he got serious about critiquing howard

miggyme1
04-19-2016, 03:14 PM
Affect can mean any number of things. I explained what I meant, but you aren't interested in that because you're more interested in extending the argument than actually offering anything beyond your retarded comprehension of what I said, even after I explained what I meant. You aren't actually addressing anything I've said, and making the argument about a few words like 'threaten' when it's pretty meaningless in the context of my overall post. Read the rest of my comments and make a coherent argument you inbred c*nt.

Putting your comments in caps doesn't make you look more right. It just emphasizes your stupidity. I'm not getting into the semantics of what I said, what I intended it to mean and what you think it means in your retarded little world.

another half baked post...:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

again please LET ME KNOW when "take away" doesn't correlate with AFFECT. ILL BE WAITING PAL.

OH HERE.........

HOLD THIS

L

Dragonyeuw
04-19-2016, 03:21 PM
again please LET ME KNOW when "take away" doesn't correlate with AFFECT. ILL BE WAITING PAL.

OH HERE.........

HOLD THIS

L

Another pointless response with nothing else relevant to say. I'll be waiting for you to address the rest of my post. Beyond that, you're a c*nt whose highlight of the day is thinking you won some argument on the internet. Lol, hold this L..... Look at this inbreed thinking he did something of value.:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: This little bitch said he was done several posts ago but keeps coming back because his entire existence revolves around getting the last word. So now it hurts you to wonder whether responding to this is worth proving me right AGAIN. Decisions, decisions...oh don't worry, I'm done with your inbred ass. Post away, you little inbred bitch and welcome to my ignore list.