PDA

View Full Version : Dominant playoff runs: LeBron vs Kobe

Dray n Klay
04-19-2016, 05:38 PM
How many dominant playoff runs does LeBron have vs Kobe?

FYI: A dominant playoff run is defined as being the 1st option on a team that at least makes the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I've got 10 playoff runs for LeBron, but only 5 for Kobe

Discuss...

jstern
04-19-2016, 05:43 PM
It's not a fair comparison since Kobe was the second best player or worse on the Lakers his first 8 years in the league. Or 9 years. That only leaves 11 more seasons, and he didn't go to the playoffs the last 4 seasons.

Bankaii
04-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Kobe fans are going to detract and bring up the "weak east" crap.
Then when presented with the fact that Lebron performs against both the West and East in both the RS and PO they'll meltdown and post some bs like "2/6":oldlol:

Bankaii
04-19-2016, 05:45 PM
It's not a fair comparison since Kobe was the second best player or worse on the Lakers his first 8 years in the league. Or 9 years.
Kobe had an equal amount of FGA during the sidekick era as Lebron did his 1st seven years.
Kobe should have at least equal points and more assists and better efficiency if anything due to Shaq.

Nash
04-19-2016, 06:25 PM
It's not a fair comparison since Kobe was the second best player or worse on the Lakers his first 8 years in the league. Or 9 years. That only leaves 11 more seasons, and he didn't go to the playoffs the last 4 seasons.
lol fair, yeah, its also fair to give kobe full credit for 5 rings even though lebron never had somebody dominant like shaq to pad his ring stats.

Gileraracer
04-20-2016, 03:49 AM
U cound 39% 21% as dominant? :roll:

GTFO ugly Lebron stan, your idol destroyed all title hopes in 2015 with his bricks

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 04:36 AM
U cound 39% 21% as dominant? :roll:

GTFO ugly Lebron stan, your idol destroyed all title hopes in 2015 with his bricksBut he's had a better finals in 2015 (38, 13, 9) than any final your idol has ever had :lebronamazed:

Where would that leave Kobrick? :lol

Quickening
04-20-2016, 04:38 AM
But he's had a better finals in 2015 (38, 13, 9) than any final your idol has ever had :lebronamazed:

GOT EM! :lol

tragicbronson
04-20-2016, 04:40 AM
Kobe fans are going to detract and bring up the "weak east" crap.
Then when presented with the fact that Lebron performs against both the West and East in both the RS and PO they'll meltdown and post some bs like "2/6":oldlol:

But isn't that a legit argument? Let's look at his competition this year, who is the strongest opponent he can face in his conference? Raptors, Hawks? These are all teams that wouldn't have chance against any top 4 team on the west. And LeBron lost what, 4 finals, proving this right.

tragicbronson
04-20-2016, 04:43 AM
But he's had a better finals in 2015 (38, 13, 9) than any final your idol has ever had :lebronamazed:

If you look at numbers/stats alone yeah he had, but that's what LeBron's fans always loved to point out, even though you managed to "forget" to wrote his fg% in 2015 finals.

Quickening
04-20-2016, 04:44 AM
But isn't that a legit argument? Let's look at his competition this year, who is the strongest opponent he can face in his conference? Raptors, Hawks? These are all teams that wouldn't have chance against any top 4 team on the west. And LeBron lost what, 4 finals, proving this right.

So using this logic, Kobe should have far better final stats than Lebron, right? As he is playing the East... inb4 excuses.

Ignoring the fact than Lebron's number are slightly better against western teams than eastern.

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 05:22 AM
If you look at numbers/stats alone (fg%) yeah he had, but that's what kobe's fans always loved to point out, even though you managed to "forget" to wrote about his historic ppg, avg, rpg, bpg,spg combo in 2015 finals.

:applause:

Gileraracer
04-20-2016, 05:35 AM

No he hadn't cause he lost :lol

HOoopCityJones
04-20-2016, 05:57 AM
Kobe 5/7 in Finals.

raprap
04-20-2016, 06:37 AM
Kobe stans shook now :oldlol:

toprange
04-20-2016, 06:51 AM
How many dominant playoff runs does LeBron have vs Kobe?

FYI: A dominant playoff run is defined as being the 1st option on a team that at least makes the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I've got 10 playoff runs for LeBron, but only 5 for Kobe

Discuss...
2 final mvps AND the #1 option throughout the playoffs AND having no superstars on his team. That trumps any collective playoff run lebron has ever done

Lebron23
04-20-2016, 06:56 AM
Kobe stans shook now :oldlol:

Kobe is retired.

tragicbronson
04-20-2016, 07:56 AM
So using this logic, Kobe should have far better final stats than Lebron, right? As he is playing the East... inb4 excuses.

Ignoring the fact than Lebron's number are slightly better against western teams than eastern.

No he shouldn't. I am trying to say that it's easier to reach finals in the east and it has been so for quite a while now, not that the team that comes out from the east is much worse than the one that comes out from the west, it's not like the team that wins Eastern conference finals like represent that this conference is worse than the other one. Celtics with Kg Pierce and Allen were a really great team that came out from the Eastern Conference, Pistons during the mid 2000s, Orlando was really good, Miami etc, i am talking about the depth of the conference. East was and maybe still is the reason why people are considering getting rid of conferences.

But nevertheless, i feel like we need to agree to disagree, because, you love and respect LeBron more while i think Kobe is a better player. I guess you have your reasons and i have mine. You can talk about how LeBron did more with worse teams even though i feel like Kobe's impact and success with that Laker team during the mid 2000s with Kwame Mihm Smush and other no names is underrated, the fact is that LeBron was doing really big things with bad and washed up/ post prime teammates. I can talk about Kobe's success in finals, something people always point out here, but even if we don't talk about that, we'll find other reasons to prop up our players thus not ending this conversation until one of us gives up. So, i think i'll respond to your respond, but as i said, i don't think it'll make much sense.

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 12:19 PM
No he shouldn't. I am trying to say that it's easier to reach finals in the east and it has been so for quite a while now, not that the team that comes out from the east is much worse than the one that comes out from the west, it's not like the team that wins Eastern conference finals like represent that this conference is worse than the other one. Celtics with Kg Pierce and Allen were a really great team that came out from the Eastern Conference, Pistons during the mid 2000s, Orlando was really good, Miami etc, i am talking about the depth of the conference. East was and maybe still is the reason why people are considering getting rid of conferences.

But nevertheless, i feel like we need to agree to disagree, because, you love and respect LeBron more while i think Kobe is a better player. I guess you have your reasons and i have mine. You can talk about how LeBron did more with worse teams even though i feel like Kobe's impact and success with that Laker team during the mid 2000s with Kwame Mihm Smush and other no names is underrated, the fact is that LeBron was doing really big things with bad and washed up/ post prime teammates. I can talk about Kobe's success in finals, something people always point out here, but even if we don't talk about that, we'll find other reasons to prop up our players thus not ending this conversation until one of us gives up. So, i think i'll respond to your respond, but as i said, i don't think it'll make much sense.

What impact? He missed the playoffs and then failed to get out of the first round the next couple of years, in which the Laker only made the playoffs because Phil Jackson returned to coach then.

They became the 8th team in nba history to blow a 3-1 series lead, against the Stoudmire-less suns.
In the 7th and decisive game, the biggest game of the season, your hero had only 1 second half point and was badly outplayed by a scrub, kid, bench Leo Barbosa.

He was abysmal.

JT123
04-20-2016, 12:37 PM
What impact? He missed the playoffs and then failed to get out of the first round the next couple of years, in which the Laker only made the playoffs because Phil Jackson returned to coach then.

They became the 8th team in nba history to blow a 3-1 series lead, against the Stoudmire-less suns.
In the 7th and decisive game, the biggest game of the season, your hero had only 1 second half point and was badly outplayed by a scrub, kid, bench Leo Barbosa.

He was abysmal.
Ouch. :lol
Feeny with no mercy!

Showtime2001
04-20-2016, 12:47 PM
Bran stans on full meltdown mode.

:oldlol:

Overdrive
04-20-2016, 01:05 PM

lol calling a second round "run" dominant.