PDA

View Full Version : ESPN writer SLAMS their top 100 list...DESTROYS Branvestites.

stalkerforlife
04-20-2016, 12:12 AM
http://krod.com/espn-commits-costly-turnover-on-top-100-all-time-nbarank/

It was fun while it lasted, huh Branvestites? Citing a Disney owned company with fat asses that never played the game competitively, and have the basketball IQ of a turnip green as your holy grail in order to troll message boards was fun, but it was all a lie...and you know it. Welcome back to reality, Branvestites. The marketing ploy to build up a current star doesn't fly with basketball aficionados. Your self exclaimed "experts" did nothing but embarrass you and your fraudulent generation.

"I wonder if the “world-wide leader” in sports decided to piss off every basketball fan that was born before 1995 when they created these rankings."

"As expected, Michael Jordan topped the list, followed by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Then, things started to get strange. LeBron James has somehow leapfrogged Magic Johnson, Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, and Kobe Bryant as the third greatest player in the history of professional basketball."

"Former UTEP and NBA great Tim Hardaway did not make the cut, despite being a finalist for the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame each of the last two years. ESPN did not have the complete list on their website, but I went back and logged every player on their All-Time #NBArank. This latest installment of the NBA all time greats is a total farce, since many of the game’s greatest players prior to 1990 found themselves ranked in the bottom half of the list. Three players that the NBA named in its 50 Greatest Players of All-Time were left off the ESPN rankings."

COnDEMnED
04-20-2016, 12:15 AM
At least someone at ESPN knows what's what. Too bad he'll soon be fired now for being too smart for the job.

sportjames23
04-20-2016, 12:15 AM
stalker catching up to Jabbar as ISH GOAT poster.

Dray n Klay
04-20-2016, 12:16 AM
Justin... PM me right now

G-train
04-20-2016, 12:19 AM
Who cares what ESPN think about anything

stalkerforlife
04-20-2016, 12:21 AM
At least someone at ESPN knows what's what. Too bad he'll soon be fired now for being too smart for the job.

R.I.P. for being real.

The generation now is focused on trolling and drama and hates substance and logic.

stalkerforlife
04-20-2016, 12:23 AM

Branvestites.

I just don't want future generations being lied to about his fraudulent "greatness."

He's Oscar. He's Wilt.

He's not Kobe. He's not Duncan. He's not nearly the best from this generation, regardless of the padded stats and fraudulent publications.

Lebronxrings
04-20-2016, 12:25 AM
list of times you thought you knew more than a multi billion dollar industry dedicated on sports research and facts. These are experts with degrees Justin, something you wouldn't know.

LAZERUSS
04-20-2016, 12:34 AM
list of times you thought you knew more than a multi billion dollar industry dedicated on sports research and facts. These are experts with degrees Justin, something you wouldn't know.

The problem is...there are no names that I could find attached to that "panel of experts." Just "some editors and writers."

For all we know they had their night janitors drawing names out of a hat.

In any case, it was a pure trash list.

Spaulding
04-20-2016, 12:47 AM
Hard to argue Lebron being in the top 10 when he's still playing. There's no active player in my top 10. You cannot ever have Lebron topping MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird in my opinion. He's missed that chance.

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 12:56 AM
I love how obsessed Kobe stans are with this top 10 list:lol

People don't think you're idol is a top 11 player. Deal with it ::sleeping

AlphaWolf24
04-20-2016, 01:01 AM
The list was made up by 1 or 2 IT guys that ran ESPN Twitter page...:lol

Young guys too!....weren't even watching prime Kobe...smh

I didn't think anyone paid much attention to them?

They need fans to vote....which they already did and Kobe was voted GoAt player of his generation.....by far ....wasn't close.

riseagainst
04-20-2016, 01:01 AM
Very well written article. This guy actually has a brain. Whoever voted on that list clearly know nothing of basketball.

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 01:05 AM
The list was made up by 1 or 2 IT guys that ran ESPN Twitter page...:lol

Young guys too!....weren't even watching prime Kobe...smh

I didn't think anyone paid much attention to them?

They need fans to vote....which they already did and Kobe was voted GoAt player of his generation.....by far ....wasn't close.

Your Reighton. Ridiculous list. Kobe should not be as high as 12. After all, Curry is gonna be top 10 after this ring. We need to move him down :lebronamazed:

oh the horror
04-20-2016, 01:16 AM
I have no issues with Bron being argued into the top 10 but when we get into the top 3 that's ridiculous. Better than the likes of Magic and Bird? This guy's career lately has taken a nosedive with him leaping around to various teams in an attempt to win rings AND the emergence of the sudden perceived alpha of the league in Curry.

I mean maybe he changes the perception soon but now? Come on

Nick Young
04-20-2016, 01:21 AM
How can a man who is 2-4 in the NBA finals be ranked above Kobe, Magic, Wilt and Bird?

HOoopCityJones
04-20-2016, 01:21 AM
The problem is...there are no names that I could find attached to that "panel of experts." Just "some editors and writers."

For all we know they had their night janitors drawing names out of a hat.

In any case, it was a pure trash list.

Funny thing is, a few days before the complete list was released one of their main voters was on a podcast with Windhorst and went on a rant about how overrated Bryant was, but then admitted in the same sentence that he wasn't even into Basketball during the early to mid 00's and wasn't able to witness any of Kobe's prime years but was so confident in his stance because, numbers.

These so called "expert" panelists aren't even basketball fans anymore, they're stat geeks who appreciate the new wave of statistical emphasis and calculation more so than the game itself.

The guys who should really be responsible for lists like these are all too busy doing Tv now.

Nash
04-20-2016, 01:23 AM
wasn't over 100 journalists asked to submit their top 100 and then they did all kinds of matchups 1v1 to get their result?
Usually, if over 100 people across the country vote for something with knowledge its usually pretty accurate.

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 03:37 AM
wasn't over 100 journalists asked to submit their top 100 and then they did all kinds of matchups 1v1 to get their result?
Usually, if over 100 people across the country vote for something with knowledge its usually pretty accurate.

Exactly right. It's the general consensus whether you like it or not. You might have a different view, and you're entitled to it, but don't throw a tantrum and embarass yourself just because most people have another view.

SexSymbol
04-20-2016, 03:40 AM
Hard to argue Lebron being in the top 10 when he's still playing. There's no active player in my top 10. You cannot ever have Lebron topping MJ, Kareem, Magic, Bird in my opinion. He's missed that chance.
Duncan!
And Kobe if we still count him as active

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 03:41 AM
I have no issues with Bron being argued into the top 10 but when we get into the top 3 that's ridiculous. Better than the likes of Magic and Bird? This guy's career lately has taken a nosedive with him leaping around to various teams in an attempt to win rings AND the emergence of the sudden perceived alpha of the league in Curry.

I mean maybe he changes the perception soon but now? Come on

He is a better player than both Magic and Bird. You could argue he's better than either offensively. Either way, it's close.
Defensively, there isn't really a debate. He's ten tiers above them.

Curry will end up near the top 5 should he continued at his trajectory so I'm not sure what you're on about. Both lebron and Curry are better players than Magic and Bird.

I'm pretty sure it's the Kobe stan in you that's crying because most people don't consider him a top 10 player and have taken it upon yourself to discredit any list which shares that opinion :lebronamazed:

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 03:42 AM
Duncan!
And Kobe if we still count him as activeDuncan is several tiers above Kobe as is Lebron. As is Curry who'll end up top 5.
Kobe isn't a top 10 player, by consensus. He's inferior to the 3 I just mentioned and by quite a bit.

Gileraracer
04-20-2016, 03:47 AM

All Lebron stans all of a sudden :lol

sportjames23
04-20-2016, 03:47 AM
Funny thing is, a few days before the complete list was released one of their main voters was on a podcast with Windhorst and went on a rant about how overrated Bryant was, but then admitted in the same sentence that he wasn't even into Basketball during the early to mid 00's and wasn't able to witness any of Kobe's prime years but was so confident in his stance because, numbers.

These so called "expert" panelists aren't even basketball fans anymore, they're stat geeks who appreciate the new wave of statistical emphasis and calculation more so than the game itself.

The guys who should really be responsible for lists like these are all too busy doing Tv now.

Sounds like a lot of those youngin's here at ISH.

Quickening
04-20-2016, 03:55 AM
I am shocked. People who disagree with ESPN slam and discredit their writers. However as soon as one writer agrees with their opinion, they are praised :lol :roll:

WHAT A TIME!

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 04:32 AM
I am shocked. People who disagree with ESPN slam and discredit their writers. However as soon as one writer agrees with their opinion, they are praised :lol :roll:

WHAT A TIME!

:roll:

ScalsFan21
04-20-2016, 05:47 AM
How can a man who is 2-4 in the NBA finals be ranked above Kobe, Magic, Wilt and Bird?

Easily, since as an individual player he's superior to all four of them. But Wilt was 2-5 I'm pretty sure, so I guess that's another reason.

fourkicks44
04-20-2016, 05:52 AM

This. If he wins another 5 rings before he retires, maybe redemption. I won't write him off. But I won't hold my breath either. Odds are heavily against him. He is always going to have to get past a Curry lead team (or opposition good enough to overcome them) to get a championship from now on.

For him to accomplish that, that would prove GOAT status. But from what we have seen in the past 13 years of his career he just dosne't have that sort of greatness in him or his game.

HOoopCityJones
04-20-2016, 05:53 AM
Easily, since as an individual player he's superior to all four of them. But Wilt was 2-5 I'm pretty sure, so I guess that's another reason.

And no one puts him over Jordan, Magic or Bird. Hell if stats and efficiency is all there is to prop, Wilt is GOAT.

aj1987
04-20-2016, 06:21 AM
Don't you Chuckbe stans claim that ESPN writers are a bunch of morons? Now that one article fits your agenda, they're good analysts? :roll:

Bandito
04-20-2016, 08:05 AM
]
If 2 rings is all you need to be top 3 then Lebron should be taken down because Curry won in a dominant matter without a stacked team.

Tmuston Beltics
04-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Blake Griffin #75 all-time.. Hmm :confusedshrug:

toprange
04-20-2016, 08:39 AM

This. Proof that the panel were a bunch of idiots who don't know the history of the game:applause: :applause:

Mr Feeny
04-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Don't you Chuckbe stans claim that ESPN writers are a bunch of morons? Now that one article fits your agenda, they're good analysts? :roll:

:roll:

Straight_Ballin
04-20-2016, 12:31 PM

It's unfortunate, but now he can move onto bigger and better things once the "you're overqualified for this position" exit meeting concludes.

Cold soul
04-20-2016, 12:52 PM
ESPN sucks and isn't credible source for information they made one of worst list players before 90's got no love and were screwed over.

jlip
04-20-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm failing to see the "destruction" of Lebron fans in this article. All the author said is that he disagrees with where Lebron is ranked at this point in his career. He actually stated that Lebron could end up ranked in the top three or "maybe even number one" by the time he retires. Again how does that insult Lebron fans? Actually it should upset Lebron haters such as the OP.

Genaro
04-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Let's be honest. No one but Lebron dickk riders would put him in the top 5.
And there's a million other issues with the list.