PDA

View Full Version : Is James Harden just Jerry Stackhouse 2.0?

L.Kizzle
04-20-2016, 12:33 AM
The more I see him play, the more I say "He's nothing more the Jerry from the early 2000s'."

warriorfan
04-20-2016, 12:43 AM
stackhouse is better at least he isnt a bitch

AngelEyes
04-20-2016, 12:45 AM
This is exactly what I was just thinking. Harden is Stackhouse with less defense. Neither guy has any business leading any team.

Baller1986
04-20-2016, 12:56 AM
Harden is a much better playoffs performer.

oh the horror
04-20-2016, 01:01 AM
Wow. That's a hell of a comparison.

Cold soul
04-20-2016, 02:32 AM
Jerry Stackhouse was better than Harden he actually played defense.

Relinquish
04-20-2016, 02:33 AM

Stackhouse chucked way worse than Harden...

sportjames23
04-20-2016, 03:49 AM
The more I see him play, the more I say "He's nothing more the Jerry from the early 2000s'."

Only thing Harden does better than Stack is hit more threes and get more FTs.

COnDEMnED
04-20-2016, 04:19 AM
Players respected Jerry. I don't remember Jerry being a flopper like Harder either. From my memory, Jerry was a hard nosed player with defense.

Clifton
04-20-2016, 05:46 AM
From my memory, Jerry was a hard nosed player with defense.
But on the other hand, Harden actually makes some of the shots he takes outside of 10 feet, so that gives him an advantage over Stackhouse.

When I was young, my team traded Rip Hamilton for him. I was told that he averaged nearly 30 points a game and was a top-tier NBA player. Then I get this weirdo who spends the whole game bricking 18 foot pullups. He was absolutely terrible.

And not only can Harden make shots, he's also the most dangerous pick and roll player in the league. He doesn't have anyone to run it with in Houston, but he is a marvelous passer and very difficult to stop on the drive. Stackhouse would just jump into people to get free throws; if that didn't work, he wasn't creating points.

Chadwin
04-20-2016, 11:54 AM
more like Gilbert Arenas

Vman23
04-20-2016, 01:09 PM
more like Gilbert Arenas

Gilbert didn't rely on the refs as much.

Nick Young
04-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Jerry Stackhouse was way better than James Haren.

Nick Young
04-20-2016, 01:55 PM
But on the other hand, Harden actually makes some of the shots he takes outside of 10 feet, so that gives him an advantage over Stackhouse.

When I was young, my team traded Rip Hamilton for him. I was told that he averaged nearly 30 points a game and was a top-tier NBA player. Then I get this weirdo who spends the whole game bricking 18 foot pullups. He was absolutely terrible.

And not only can Harden make shots, he's also the most dangerous pick and roll player in the league. He doesn't have anyone to run it with in Houston, but he is a marvelous passer and very difficult to stop on the drive. Stackhouse would just jump into people to get free throws; if that didn't work, he wasn't creating points.
He has Howard who is great at the pick and roll. Too bad D12 refuses to run it and only wants touches in the low post with his back to the basket.

PP34Deuce
04-20-2016, 02:56 PM
I don't see the comparison at all.

Ability wise, James can do more with a basketball and be your defacto PG score in bunches.

Stackhouse couldn't rebound or pass like Harden but he could score, give a highlight reel dunk and play adequate defense. I always thought of Stackhouse as a poor mans Vince Carter.

I don't understand Harden. The guy actually is a good defender when he tries. in OKC, he played defense and quite a few times gave Kobe fits. He's quick and strong, makes no sense why he has zero effort in defense.

AngelEyes
04-20-2016, 07:29 PM

Harden is also the worst defensive player in the NBA. His awareness and effort are absolutely atrocious and disgraceful for a guy who is supposed to be a star.

AngelEyes
04-20-2016, 07:31 PM
I don't see the comparison at all.

Ability wise, James can do more with a basketball and be your defacto PG score in bunches.

Stackhouse couldn't rebound or pass like Harden but he could score, give a highlight reel dunk and play adequate defense. I always thought of Stackhouse as a poor mans Vince Carter.

I don't understand Harden. The guy actually is a good defender when he tries. in OKC, he played defense and quite a few times gave Kobe fits. He's quick and strong, makes no sense why he has zero effort in defense.

It's not just effort. He has dreadful awareness and anticipation. I completely disagree with the notion that he's a good defensive player when he tries. when he tries he's adequate at best. He's not an intelligent defensive player by any measure.

Real Men Wear Green
04-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Not a Harden fan but he didn't shoot 40% to average 29 for one of the worst in the league. Detroit wasn't any good until they changed Stack's role and wasn't great until they traded him for Rip Hamilton. I agree that Harden's d is ridiculous but his offensive game is a lot more effective than what Stack did.

PeroAntic
04-20-2016, 07:38 PM
I don't like Harden, but the hating on him is too much. Hes a superstar SG, but not every superstar can win a title.

Smoke117
04-20-2016, 07:41 PM

I don't like Harden either...but that's just ridiculous.

AngelEyes
04-20-2016, 07:42 PM
I don't like Harden, but the hating on him is too much. Hes a superstar SG, but not every superstar can win a title.

When you're that bad at one of the major aspects of the game then the hating on him is not too much. He's an absolute embarrassment on the defensive end and he has plenty of flaws on offense too, mainly the excessive turnovers, poor shooting efficiency and complete ball domination.

KiiiiNG
04-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Not similar as players at all, and Harden's clearly in a higher tier than Jerry. But Kizzle gonna kizzle. So stupid you think he's trolling.

Smoke117
04-20-2016, 07:43 PM

I just don't see a team winning a title with James Harden as their best player...

AngelEyes
04-20-2016, 07:47 PM
I just don't see a team winning a title with James Harden as their best player...

He was in the perfect situation in OKC. He was third guy on a great team. I don't think Harden could ever win a championship as the man on a team and I doubt that a player with his glaring deficiencies can win a championship is the second best player on a team. Westbrook and Durant's presence masked Harden's flaws.

G-train
04-20-2016, 07:51 PM
I'd say Harden is much more skilled and advanced than Stack.
His penetration skills, dribbling, shooting and even finishing are better.

Thunderfan86
04-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Stackhouse is a much better singer. He even sang the National Anthem a couple times.

Meanwhile Harden..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc6d1t7CeJs

PeroAntic
04-20-2016, 10:59 PM
They dont have to for him to be still a great player

SCdac
04-21-2016, 01:59 AM
Harden is more similar to (prime) Redd and Ginobili, lefties who can drive to the basket, dish the ball, and shoot well from beyond the arch. Like Ginobili he uses that euro step alot and just with his handles and quickness in general he's hard to stay in front of.

MellowYellow
04-21-2016, 02:02 AM
More like AI with worse D and no heart.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-21-2016, 02:03 AM
Ive been saying for years Har_ens a stronger, more athletic Cory Magette and its the best description of him right down to the lack of defense, foul drawin and turnovers:applause:

Nikola_
04-21-2016, 08:02 AM
Ames Haren is an era specific player.

miggyme1
04-21-2016, 12:13 PM
I cant believe we are comparing jerry Stackhouse to james harden.

wtf???? jerry Stackhouse was the leader of a team for what 2 seasons?? lol

harden has been the main man in Houston for four seasons now

SCdac
04-21-2016, 12:59 PM
I cant believe we are comparing jerry Stackhouse to james harden.

wtf???? jerry Stackhouse was the leader of a team for what 2 seasons?? lol

harden has been the main man in Houston for four seasons now

"main man" sure. can be the volume scorer a team needs over a long 82 game season. but in the playoffs those 4 seasons they're fixing to be 13 wins - 20 losses overall (mostly 1st round exits) with Harden on average shooting worse in the playoffs than in the regular season (44.3 FG% --> 41.0 FG% ... 36.7% from three --> 34.9%). Not saying he can't or won't ever improve, or that he can't get into the HOF like say Mitch Richmond, but at the end of the day he may be closer to the Mitch Richmond end of the spectrum than Jordan/Kobe/Wade/etc...which is not a bad thing just is what it is

Klay 3D
04-21-2016, 01:39 PM
More like an uglier Arenas and Gilbert was just average looking

miggyme1
04-21-2016, 01:40 PM
"main man" sure. can be the volume scorer a team needs over a long 82 game season. but in the playoffs those 4 seasons they're fixing to be 13 wins - 20 losses overall (mostly 1st round exits) with Harden on average shooting worse in the playoffs than in the regular season (44.3 FG% --> 41.0 FG% ... 36.7% from three --> 34.9%). Not saying he can't or won't ever improve, or that he can't get into the HOF like say Mitch Richmond, but at the end of the day he may be closer to the Mitch Richmond end of the spectrum than Jordan/Kobe/Wade/etc...which is not a bad thing just is what it is

OK THE INITIAL COMPARISON WAS STACKHOUSE.......MITCH WAS A TIER OR TWO ABOVE STACKHOUSE....IM JUST SAYING....HARDEN IS ON PACE TO BE A FUTURE HALL OF FAMER AND HE CAME FROM A TEAM WHERE HE PLAYED WITH TWO OTHER FUTURE HALL OF FAMERS...ONE OF WHICH HE JUST MIGHT BE BETTER THAN (WESTBROOK).....I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE STACKHOUSE COMPARISONS...DUDE STAYED AROUND THE LEAGUE FOR 20 YEARS AND IM STILL DUMBFOUNDED HOW HE DID.

Klay 3D
04-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Yes, Harden is on Mitch's tier.
Stackhouse was on Michael's tier...and I'm talking about Michael Finley/Redd

Bigsmoke
04-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Stackhouse gives you the ugliest 30 points ever.