PDA

View Full Version : Should the Pacers trade Paul George for the 1st overall pick?

Ca$H
04-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Paul George only has 2 years left on his deal. I don't think he will re-sign with the Pacers unless they bring in another star which is unlikely. Trading for Simmons or Ingram will give the Pacers a chance to rebuild through the draft. 2017 is a strong draft class so tanking would be better than losing in the playoffs again. I think the Lakers and Celtics would definitely pull the trigger.

Sarcastic
04-20-2016, 09:53 AM
Whoever gets the number 1 pick wouldn't trade it for Paul George.

kurple
04-20-2016, 09:56 AM
i would easily do it if either the knicks or nuggets win the lottery

Ca$H
04-20-2016, 10:35 AM

I think the Lakers would if they could also workout a deal for Jimmy Butler. Maybe a 3 way deal with the Sixers. Bulls- Okafor, Lakers- Butler, and Sixers- Clarkson(sign and trade), Randle, and Nance Jr. The trade with the Pacers would have to include Lou Williams and Swaggy P(salary dump). The Lakers could hire Luke Walton as the head coach and absorb Bogut and Iggy's contracts in a salary dump if the dubs get Durant. They would still have cap space to sign a guy like Batum.

Russell
Butler
Batum
George
Bogut(expiring contract)
6th man: Iggy(expiring contract)

The 2017 free agent class is loaded so Bogut and Iggy's expiring deals give the Lakers flexibility.

lilteapot
04-20-2016, 11:14 AM
Lol, no. That would be the stupidest thing ever. He's still a great player. OP should be sentenced to death for his consistently shit opinions.

HurricaneKid
04-20-2016, 11:19 AM
I think the Lakers would if they could also workout a deal for Jimmy Butler. Maybe a 3 way deal with the Sixers. Bulls- Okafor, Lakers- Butler, and Sixers- Clarkson(sign and trade), Randle, and Nance Jr. The trade with the Pacers would have to include Lou Williams and Swaggy P(salary dump). The Lakers could hire Luke Walton as the head coach and absorb Bogut and Iggy's contracts in a salary dump if the dubs get Durant. They would still have cap space to sign a guy like Batum.

Russell
Butler
Batum
George
Bogut(expiring contract)
6th man: Iggy(expiring contract)

The 2017 free agent class is loaded so Bogut and Iggy's expiring deals give the Lakers flexibility.

You actually think the Lakers can get Butler for a free agent, Randle and Nance? WTF is this? You are more likely to get KD.

And when I say that I mean that .001% > .0000001%

Dro
04-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Paul George only has 2 years left on his deal. I don't think he will re-sign with the Pacers unless they bring in another star which is unlikely. Trading for Simmons or Ingram will give the Pacers a chance to rebuild through the draft. 2017 is a strong draft class so tanking would be better than losing in the playoffs again. I think the Lakers and Celtics would definitely pull the trigger.
PG has always said he wants to stay here. Now guys can say anything and he may change his mind but I've seen absolutely no indication that he plans to leave. Of course, if the Pacers are horrible, that could change but we haven't been horrible in a long time.

I know you are
04-20-2016, 04:03 PM
This for the most part. Only a win now team would consider it.