PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Barnes is te Warriors' second best player

JohnnySic
04-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Thompson and Green are system players (especially Green) playing off of Curry. It suits them perfectly because they lack the talent to be anything more.

The same system actually limits Barnes. He could be like Paul George or Jimmy Butler if he had more opportunity to spread his wings.

PS - I'm only partially trolling this time. :dancin

Klay 3D
04-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Not even sure he's even top 5. :roll:

Nilocon165
04-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Troll

StephHamann
04-20-2016, 10:11 AM
He is better than every player the Celtics had post Pierce.

JohnnySic
04-20-2016, 10:13 AM
He is better than every player the Celtics had post Pierce.
Rondo at his peak was better.

TommyGriffin
04-20-2016, 10:41 AM
Not really.

HurricaneKid
04-20-2016, 11:23 AM
OP might as well be talking about how fly his dunce cap is.

Willfully stupid threads should be closed and their authors put in stocks for the rest of us to throw rotten vegetables at.

JohnnySic
04-20-2016, 11:29 AM
^Harrison Barnes could be an all-star in a different situation.

WorldWarriors
04-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Thompson and Green are system players (especially Green) playing off of Curry. It suits them perfectly because they lack the talent to be anything more.

The same system actually limits Barnes. He could be like Paul George or Jimmy Butler if he had more opportunity to spread his wings.

PS - I'm only partially trolling this time. :dancin

I think this is true to a certain extent. His game does not suit the overall style play. When he does get to shine, it's usually in a takeover situation (Clippers and Rockets) where he dominates the ball.

However, the coaching staff does recognize this, that's why they give him a lot of minutes with the 2nd unit. He is supposed to do his thing there. Hasn't really worked except for a couple of games.

FreezingTsmoove
04-20-2016, 01:00 PM
Harrison Barnes is basically Kawhi Leonard

Genaro
04-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Barnes has no handle to be as good as Paul George or Kawhi. His defense isn't elite as those either.
I got Steph, Green, Klay and Iggy before him.

That being said, I would love if the Lakers sign him this summer. Great 3 and D.

I know you are
04-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Harrison Barnes is like LeBron with Bird's shooting.

JohnnySic
11-11-2016, 09:36 AM
And there you go.

hold this L
11-11-2016, 09:59 AM
And there you go.
There you go what? Dude was the 7th best player in the team last year. Or are we supposed to be impressed with his garbage 25 points for 20 shots that he played last game?

He's the lead scoring guy in the second worst team in the West right now.

Carbine
11-11-2016, 10:58 AM
He's taking twice as many shots as he did with the Warriors.

Who would have thought when a player shoots the ball twice as much they also score more? This is very advanced math stuff !

We're seeing exactly why if he's your first or second best player you are ****ED. He doesn't create easy shots for others, he's averaging less than 1 assist per game and he is the focal point of their offense. That is laughable.

BIG FURB
11-11-2016, 12:24 PM
There you go what? Dude was the 7th best player in the team last year. Or are we supposed to be impressed with his garbage 25 points for 20 shots that he played last game?

He's the lead scoring guy in the second worst team in the West right now.

You should be impressed with his putting up 22/6 on 49% shooting so far this season. Already had three 30+ games in 8 games with the mavs (efficiently i might add) compared to 1 in 4 seasons with the dubs. He looking a helluva lot better than Klay this year. Sit yo hating ass down and respect a guy that helped your team win a damn title and is now having success elsewhere

And are people really gonna use the mavs record to throw shade on him. with Dirk injured, williams injured, Harris injured and Matthews unable to hit wide open shots. The 2nd best player on the team right now is JJ Barea, of course they not gonna win much. But those games they won are a direct result of his stellar play

hold this L
11-11-2016, 12:53 PM
You should be impressed with his putting up 22/6 on 49% shooting so far this season. Already had three 30+ games in 8 games with the mavs (efficiently i might add) compared to 1 in 4 seasons with the dubs. He looking a helluva lot better than Klay this year. Sit yo hating ass down and respect a guy that helped your team win a damn title and is now having success elsewhere

And are people really gonna use the mavs record to throw shade on him. with Dirk injured, williams injured, Harris injured and Matthews unable to hit wide open shots. The 2nd best player on the team right now is JJ Barea, of course they not gonna win much. But those games they won are a direct result of his stellar play
Klay has been very poor early into the season though, but that's just a matter of the time until the law of averages comes into play. As we've seen in his last two games, much better D and more potent O.

We will see how Barnes does in a month from now if injuries is the only reason why the Mavs are losing at the moment. He's more confident and taking a ton more shots, he is looking better than he did at GS. If you moved any of the current 4 into specifically bad teams (at least for now for Mavs), they would put up better numbers in scoring than they are since the ball has to be shared. He still can't create his shot all that well and is not improving anyone on his team with his style of play. As long as he remains the number 1 shooting option (which IMO he will), Mavs offense and record will be garbage even if he puts up solid numbers. One thing I do notice is him driving to the rim more with success. He is still an above average baller in this league.

I respect Bogut a ton, love that man. :applause: Barnes on the other hand has always had it all without actually earning the ish and has always been overrated within the team. It's always rubbed me the wrong way. Either way, I'm going to monitor his progress in the next two years because I'm also curious if he is as overrated as I've always evaluated him, or whether I'm wrong. If I am, no problem admitting it a few months and seasons from now. :confusedshrug:

BIG FURB
11-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Taking a wait and see attitude makes sense. Nothing wrong with reserving judgement until you get a more informed opinion from a larger sample size. But I don't get shitting on a young guy that's playing well, there's nothing wrong with giving credit where it's due. I don't think anyone's calling him an allstar or anything, but there were people that were saying he was gonna average 11-13ppg shooting in the low 40's on his own and that the only reason he put up decent numbers with the dubs is because of who he played with. He's showing that's not the case

He still can't create his shot all that well

So far this season this is false though. Statistically he's one of the best iso players in the game right now

Bigsmoke
11-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Harrison Barnes is basically Kawhi Leonard

To me hes the modern day Cliff Robinson

ArbitraryWater
11-12-2016, 09:08 AM
22/6 on 49% and retards want to pass it off as "well duh he's taking more shots" :facepalm

kentatm
11-12-2016, 07:28 PM
are we supposed to be impressed with his garbage 25 points for 20 shots that he played last game?

For his career Kobe averaged 25 points on 19.5 shots.

So... Barnes is playing at near Kobe levels! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: