PDA

View Full Version : Are we all gonna act like Kobe ruined a franchise but LeBron didn't?

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Kobe may have cost the Lakers the last few years but he was hurt so how can you blame him. He deserved the money he got due to the numbers he was putting up before he got hurt and due to what he gave the franchise for the last 20 years. People say Kobe hurt the Lakers which he might have, but LeBron killed the Cavs and the Heat. After leaving the Cavs in 2010, the Cavs were absolute garbage. When he left the Heat, they didn't even make the playoffs the next year. Kobe may have hurt his team by getting hurt which he has no control over, but LeBron quit on the Heat and the Cavs. No one brings up LeBron killing franchises but when Kobe does it, its different.

RRR3
04-20-2016, 07:23 PM
LeBron didn't ruin the Heat :lol

They had one bad year without him, plagued by injuries and they are doing quite well this year.

You could argue he ruined the Cavs, but then he came back and now they are really good again so...

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 07:26 PM
He left the Heat in the dust, just gave up on them because he couldn't win there. He isn't gonna win with the Cavs either and don't be surprised when he leaves again.

RRR3
04-20-2016, 07:30 PM
He won twice with the Heat lol

Smoke117
04-20-2016, 07:45 PM
So every star who has ever left a team ruined that franchise?...you're a moron.

WayOfWad3
04-20-2016, 07:50 PM
From my point of view the Cavs have the 1 seed and the Heat have the 3 seed. Both seem pretty well off to me, the only thing that hurt(s) the Heat is injuries

insidehoops
04-20-2016, 07:55 PM
Uh, ruining a team because you are on a team and you suck is obviously different than being so awesome that when you leave a team the team immediately sucks.

Dray n Klay
04-20-2016, 07:56 PM
Killed the Cavs who never had a past to begin with, and somehow killed the Heat by giving them two rings and 4 straight finals appearances.

OP f@ggot logic.

:roll:

SouBeachTalents
04-20-2016, 07:57 PM
Uh, ruining a team because you are on a team and you suck and the team sucks too is obviously different than being so awesome that when you leave a team the team immediately sucks.

This. Plus the fact the Heat are the 3 seed just two seasons after LeBron left, while LeBron goes back to Cleveland immediately makes them title contenders

insidehoops
04-20-2016, 08:04 PM
"Dude ruins teams, by not being on that team!"

:lol

Smoke117
04-20-2016, 08:05 PM

Turn PM's back on.

TheMarkMadsen
04-20-2016, 08:06 PM
Uh, ruining a team because you are on a team and you suck is obviously different than being so awesome that when you leave a team the team immediately sucks.

hmm

leaving your team in FA at the last second, on national television, without notifying them before hand so they could be players in free agency after promising to never leave...

vs

Winning 5 rings with the team

yeah lets pretend like this stupid narrative works for the guy who brought 5 rings to his franchise but not the guy who left his franchise in the dust and has yet to even bring them a title

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Springsteen
04-20-2016, 08:07 PM
jeff with the hot fire

he's had enough of these kobestans :lol

KiiiiNG
04-20-2016, 08:07 PM

Literally the best compliment you could ever give. :oldlol:

Just got around to reading the OP, and you're right, that's exactly what he said. Even dumber than I originally thought. :oldlol:

InsanityKills
04-20-2016, 08:08 PM
RIP Op

insidehoops
04-20-2016, 08:09 PM
hmm

leaving your team in FA at the last second, on national television, without notifying them before hand so they could be players in free agency after promising to never leave...

vs

yeah lets pretend like this stupid narrative works for the guy who brought 5 rings to his franchise but not the guy who left his franchise in the dust and has yet to even bring them a title

This topic, as it says in first post, is about the last few years. But I'm not even talking about Kobe, I'm laughing at the concept that a guy ruins a team by not playing for the team

KiiiiNG
04-20-2016, 08:11 PM
hmm

vs

Lakers win those 5 rings with or without Kobe. They've been winning rings their entire history. Cavs went from dog-shit to perennial contender with LeBron, leaves for 4 years, they go back to dog-shit.

Kobe ruined the Lakers while he was STILL THERE, which makes the situations completely different. A LeBron team will NEVER be in the lottery for 3 straight years. NOT EVEN 1 YEAR. That's why LeBron's a top 3 legend and Kobe's fringe top 15 after Curry and Durant surpass him soon.

RRR3
04-20-2016, 08:12 PM
hmm

vs

Stop saying Kobe "brought 5 rings to the franchise" as if he is the only reason they won those rings.

raprap
04-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Chalk up another W for the lebron fam.

Welcome to the greatest family in the world, insidehoops. You're a logical poster :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
Stop saying Kobe "brought 5 rings to the franchise" as if he is the only reason they won those rings.

he won 5 rings with the Lakers

does that make you happy?

big difference :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

insidehoops
As for Kobe, he didn't particularly ruin anything either, Lakers were obviously in rebuilding period lately, regardless of how Kobe was going to play.

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 08:14 PM
LBJ left the cavs and they became garbage. He gave up on his team and left. Kobe got hurt which he can't even control but people say he ruined the Lakers.

RRR3
04-20-2016, 08:14 PM
he won 5 rings with the Lakers

does that make you happy?

big difference :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yes. Yes it does

TheMarkMadsen
04-20-2016, 08:15 PM
This topic, as it says in first post, is about the last few years. But I'm not even talking about Kobe, I'm laughing at the concept that a guy ruins a team by not playing for the team

so then why aren't you laughing at the concept of Kobe ruining the Lakers considering he barely played for them for the past 3 years?

TheMarkMadsen
04-20-2016, 08:17 PM
As for Kobe, he didn't particularly ruin anything either, Lakers were obviously in rebuilding period lately, regardless of how Kobe was going to play.

fair enough

Looking back though, Laker fans will be glad that there was a player taking up all of that cap..

if not, the Lakers more than likely are built around Dwight/Melo with no cap left to spare..

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 08:18 PM
Lakers don't win without Kobe in the early 2000s. He put up better numbers than Curry did in last year's finals. 30, 7, 7 in one of the playoffs during the 3 year run is very impressive. Kobe gets shit for not winning finals mvp during the 3 pear but curry didn't either. And many people are considering Curry as good as jordan lol.

Springsteen
04-20-2016, 08:18 PM
LBJ left the cavs and they became garbage. He gave up on his team and left. Kobe got hurt which he can't even control but people say he ruined the Lakers.

Him getting hurt didn't ruin the Lakers.

Him not refusing that atrocious contract extension in the state he was in and instead asking his team to use that money/cap space to acquire talent instead? Yea, that probably had something to do with it.

Dray n Klay
04-20-2016, 08:19 PM
so then why aren't you laughing at the concept of Kobe ruining the Lakers considering he barely played for them for the past 3 years?

His egotistical attitude caused Gasol and Dwight to leave

And his cancerous $25M salary stopped Lakers from signing anyone

The dude is a cancer, but I'm not surprised that you're too brainwashed to see it.

insidehoops
04-20-2016, 08:19 PM
You're a logical poster :applause:

Thanks breebrea err I mean raprap, I'm new here, just trying to fit in and contribute

KiiiiNG
04-20-2016, 08:21 PM
Kobe ruined the Lakers by being a terrible player, hogging all the salary, and running free agents away (before you say that's a ownership issue, realize it's kobe's narcissism that makes it so uncomfortable to pitch less money... the Buss's were in a lose-lose position because of kobe. They decided to just give the loser what he wants and rack up revenue with kobe's name instead of negotiating with the cancer.... milk the ****er and hope you land a top draft pick... that's all they could do after kobe ran every single prominent free agent AWAY from LA. :facepalm )

Smoke117
Mark melting down as usual...nothing to see here folks.

Doctor K
Kobe was still a top 3 player at that time before his injury. He deserved the money.

RRR3
04-20-2016, 08:23 PM
he wasn't top 3 don't be ridiculous

Doctor K
If LBJ loses this year , he will be leaving cavs once again. Will be fun to see what the reaction is. Probably " he just wants to win" , not " he's a b**** for leaving" which it should be.

Dray n Klay
Thanks breebrea err I mean raprap, I'm new here, just trying to fit in and contribute

Hey Jeffrey, I need you to unban some posters, could I PM you the list?

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 08:24 PM
He was averaging 28 a game and single handle brought the Lakers into the playoffs with Dwight complaining all year

insidehoops
04-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Hey Jeffrey, I need you to unban some posters, could I PM you the list?

I dont deal with that stuff, email editor2 at ish dot com

RRR3
LBJ KD CP3 were all unquestionably better

KiiiiNG
Kobe was still a top 3 player at that time before his injury. He deserved the money.
First off, no he wasn't. Not even close. He had the emptiest stats along with no defense.. Lakers won nothing with the guy putting up those numbers... NOTHING. And that was WITH Dwight and Pau! Dwight who was still a top center in the league at the time and Pau was absolutely INCREDIBLE this year!

YOU LOSE!

Dray n Klay
04-20-2016, 08:26 PM
I dont deal with that stuff, email editor2 at ish dot com

Will do :cheers:

I'm a brand new poster, but it feels good that my voice is heard around here.

insidehoops
04-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Anyone taking Dwight's side over Kobe hasn't been paying attention to Dwight these last bunch of years

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 08:27 PM
First off, no he wasn't. Not even close. He had the emptiest stats along with no defense.. Lakers won nothing with the guy putting up those numbers... NOTHING. And that was WITH Dwight and Pau! Dwight who was still a top center in the league at the time and Pau was absolutely INCREDIBLE this year!

YOU LOSE!
Paul sucked in 2012 and so did Dwight. Both dealt with injuries the whole year. And kobe was all defensive 1st in 2012, so not much changed from 2012 to 2013. Lol

KiiiiNG
04-20-2016, 08:28 PM
Anyone taking Dwight's side over Kobe hasn't been paying attention to Dwight these last bunch of years
How did Harden make the WCF's with such a cancer then? If Kobe was top 3 in the league SURELY they shoulda had a much better record?

RRR3
04-20-2016, 08:28 PM
Chris Paul sucked in 2012? :biggums:

Are you retarded?

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 08:29 PM
How did Harden make the WCF's with such a cancer then? If Kobe was top 3 in the league SURELY they shoulda had a much better record?
Harden had a healthy Dwight. Harden also had Kevin McChale , not mike dantoni. Big difference .

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 08:30 PM
Chris Paul sucked in 2012? :biggums:

Are you retarded?
Gasoline I meanr, auto correct made it Pau to paul lol

KiiiiNG
Paul sucked in 2012 and so did Dwight. Both dealt with injuries the whole year. And kobe was all defensive 1st in 2012, so not much changed from 2012 to 2013. Lol
Holy shit dude. :facepalm

You really don't have a clue.

RRR3
Gasoline I meanr, auto correct made it Pau to paul lol
Okay, but Pau Gasol didn't suck in 2012. I think you mean 2013.

Doctor K
04-20-2016, 08:31 PM
Okay, but Pau Gasol didn't suck in 2012. I think you mean 2013.
Yes , I just can't type rn

RRR3
04-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Yes , I just can't type rn
:cheers:

comerb
04-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Can't really "ruin" a franchise if it was complete trash before you got there

JT123
04-20-2016, 09:38 PM
:oldlol: Jeff DESTROYING these Kobe stans! :bowdown:

ShawkFactory
04-20-2016, 09:42 PM
I'm a little late here...but I'm pretty sure neither of them ruined a franchise..

I know you are
04-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Kobe may have cost the Lakers the last few years but he was hurt so how can you blame him. He deserved the money he got due to the numbers he was putting up before he got hurt and due to what he gave the franchise for the last 20 years. People say Kobe hurt the Lakers which he might have, but LeBron killed the Cavs and the Heat. After leaving the Cavs in 2010, the Cavs were absolute garbage. When he left the Heat, they didn't even make the playoffs the next year. Kobe may have hurt his team by getting hurt which he has no control over, but LeBron quit on the Heat and the Cavs. No one brings up LeBron killing franchises but when Kobe does it, its different.
Keep in mind that the Lakers were more garbage WITH Kobe than the Cavs or Heat were after LeBron.