PDA

View Full Version : Hassan Whiteside tonight: 17pts, 13 rebs, 8-8 from the field!!!

Lebronxrings
04-20-2016, 11:13 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

As a heat fan this got me like: :hammertime:

G-train
04-20-2016, 11:14 PM
wiltside

Lebronxrings
04-20-2016, 11:16 PM
wiltside
:hammertime:

FKAri
04-20-2016, 11:22 PM
But can he make an unguarded basket from 15 feet out?

PJR
04-20-2016, 11:29 PM

Is this a serious question? Whiteside isn't DeAndre Jordan or Drummond, he can actually shoot. And really good at that.

DoctorP
04-20-2016, 11:30 PM
best center in the leaggue

GrapeApe
04-20-2016, 11:31 PM

Actually, yes.

Whiteside had been great but the one thing he has to work on is his post defense. Jefferson abused him tonight. Hopefully he'll put in work with Zo and Jawan Howard this summer.

These playoffs will be a great showcase for luring Durant. Dominant big man, good pass-first PG, and a still all-star caliber Wade.

:rockon:

G-train
04-20-2016, 11:40 PM
I noticed on Heat snapchat yesterday at training, Howard was mimicking all Al's moves and fakes and hooks etc, with Wiltside guarding him. Didn't seem to help today but maybe as series progresses.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-21-2016, 01:38 AM
Jefferson was having his way with him as well

25/7 on 71% FG and Hassan was on him most those possessions:lol :lol :lol

overrated defender, good for highlight plays and blocks. But the real meat of Miamis defense are Winslow/Richardson/Deng. Hassan is still a good defender mind u but hes nowhere near DPOY caliber like Miami stans think

Micku
04-21-2016, 01:42 AM

As other ppl said, yeah. He can.

From 16-<3pt line he shoots 43.1%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/whiteha01.html

He hardly does shoot at there tho. His game is mainly at the rim.

FKAri
04-21-2016, 01:50 AM
Actually, yes.

Whiteside had been great but the one thing he has to work on is his post defense. Jefferson abused him tonight. Hopefully he'll put in work with Zo and Jawan Howard this summer.

These playoffs will be a great showcase for luring Durant. Dominant big man, good pass-first PG, and a still all-star caliber Wade.

:rockon:
He has issues with crafty big men in the post. His shot blocking prowess has molded him to bite on every fake in the post. He would get destroyed if he had to guard a 280lb James Harden in the post.

Sure he could learn a thing of two from Zo and others but what will help him more than any of that is patience and discipline on D.

GrapeApe
04-21-2016, 02:06 AM

overrated defender, good for highlight plays and blocks. But the real meat of Miamis defense are Winslow/Richardson/Deng. Hassan is still a good defender mind u but hes nowhere near DPOY caliber like Miami stans think

Actually I think it's primarily the non-Heat fans who overrate his defense. Most Heat fans acknowledge his deficiencies. It's easy to get enamored with his shot blocking, but when you watch him every game you can see some of the holes in his defense. He's still essentially just a second year player and still learning the game. He has the tools to become a great all around defender, but he's not there yet.

Lebron23
04-21-2016, 02:50 AM
Goatside

Eye Test
04-21-2016, 03:08 AM
He is good but will never reach the lebronside

kwajo
04-21-2016, 08:53 AM
It'll be a fun matchup against JV if the Raps make the second round. I'd have to give the edge to Whiteside, but Jonas is no pushover, the two would battle hard (if the refs allow).

aj1987
04-21-2016, 08:58 AM
wiltside
Ewww, no. GOATside.

Legends66NBA7
04-21-2016, 09:03 AM
It'll be a fun matchup against JV if the Raps make the second round. I'd have to give the edge to Whiteside, but Jonas is no pushover, the two would battle hard (if the refs allow).

Let them focus on the primary team at hand first. Talk about potential matchups later.

I know you are
04-21-2016, 09:17 AM
Whiteside is pure entertainment.

kwajo
04-21-2016, 10:32 AM
Let them focus on the primary team at hand first. Talk about potential matchups later.
I agree in principle, but I don't think anything I have posted on ISH is going to impact the mindset of a focused professional athlete (short of the time I pissed Antoine Walker off).

Dresta
04-21-2016, 10:35 AM

Wrong. He's a game changer defensively, he's just not there with his consistency yet, and has a particular problem with crafty and skilled bigs like Al Jefferson. The fact he was in foul trouble yesterday just compounded on his biggest weakness.

Winslow, Richardson and Deng are great, but they amount to very little defensively without Hassan's deterrence at the rim, a luxury that also allows them to be far more aggressive.

PP34Deuce
04-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Has anyone noticed Pat Riley rebuilt this team to basically attempt to beat Cleveland.

Justice Winslow, Deng, and Johnson
Dragic who can score and get in the lane
Whiteside

senelcoolidge
04-21-2016, 01:25 PM
One thing he needs to improve on is passing...not being a black hole. Otherwise I'd want this guy as my center. He hits ft's, has some post moves, has a little jumper, great rebounder and shot blocker. What more could you ask from a center.