PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jackson is not a good PG

hateraid
04-22-2016, 09:42 PM
He's a good scorer and ball handler, but plays too much hero ball. The team is loaded with scorers. If they had more movement in the half court they could be even more deadly. Instead it's Reggie Jackson dribbling for 15 seconds then making a last second decision.

#FreeKCP
# Free Harris
#FreeMorris

Genaro
04-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Not a smart human being.

hateraid
04-22-2016, 09:55 PM
Not a smart human being.
OP or Reggie Jackson?

Fudge
04-22-2016, 09:59 PM
Dude is ugly. And a cancer to his team.

What a terrible combination.

bdreason
04-22-2016, 10:03 PM
Another small-SG trying to play PG. The league is full of them.

dubnation
04-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Today isn't the right time for this post.. He played smart basketball today for the most part. 12 assists and only 1 turnover?

DeuceWallaces
04-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Wow. That's a scorching hot take. Stop the presses; someone doesn't like Reggie Jackson.

hateraid
04-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Today isn't the right time for this post.. He played smart basketball today for the most part. 12 assists and only 1 turnover?

He made bad decisions down the stretch sans the lead pass to KCP. Tried to force too many shots. I find he hangs on to the ball too much. He's lucky he's got Drummond cutting the lane to make lobs to. Otherwise when Drummond is off the floor, where does assists go to?
12 assists that led to a loss. Empty stats. When he's on the floor the offense stands still and waits for him to make a move. Watch the next game and watch him closely. You'll see what I mean.

hateraid
04-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Wow. That's a scorching hot take. Stop the presses; someone doesn't like Reggie Jackson.

What's your take?

FreezingTsmoove
04-22-2016, 10:53 PM
Coached by Westbrook and Scott Brooks his whole career

KiiiiNG
04-22-2016, 10:54 PM
OP or Reggie Jackson?
You

CarlosBoozer
04-23-2016, 01:06 AM
Learned well from Westbrick

imdaman99
04-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Learned well from Westbrick
Except he's not half the point guard Westbrook is

You Cant Ban Me
04-23-2016, 01:26 AM
Drummond cant shoot fts + pistons having no bench is the reason why they lost.Tobias Harris needs to come off the bench and they need a new back up pg sg sf and center

bizil
04-23-2016, 04:45 AM
Its a sign of the times... Reggie is one of SEVERAL PG's in the L that are score first PG's. Back in the day, MOST of the premier PG's were pass first. Some of them were alpha dog quality like Big O, Magic, Isiah, etc. BUT their thought process was to be a QB and drop the dimes off FIRST. CP3 is pretty much THE LAST LINK to that kind of PG.

I think AI's influence had a major impact in terms of molding this generation of PG's. Even though AI moved to the SG, he was typical PG size and had epic handles. And he could drop off dimes too. BUT he did it from a score first perspective. And BY THE WAY, thats not a bad thing! AI was so epic that he could score as good as anybody. So why not move him to the SG if u had a big PG who could defend the SG's.

But in this era, those kind of guards STAYED at the PG. Steph and Westbrook are so epic that it doesn't bother me at all. But some of the other score first PG's lack the floor generalship, assist numbers, or dominance of Steph, Russ, or Lillard. Reg is a very good player, but the Pistons simply need to keep adding pieces.

hateraid
04-23-2016, 09:37 PM
Its a sign of the times... Reggie is one of SEVERAL PG's in the L that are score first PG's. Back in the day, MOST of the premier PG's were pass first. Some of them were alpha dog quality like Big O, Magic, Isiah, etc. BUT their thought process was to be a QB and drop the dimes off FIRST. CP3 is pretty much THE LAST LINK to that kind of PG.

I think AI's influence had a major impact in terms of molding this generation of PG's. Even though AI moved to the SG, he was typical PG size and had epic handles. And he could drop off dimes too. BUT he did it from a score first perspective. And BY THE WAY, thats not a bad thing! AI was so epic that he could score as good as anybody. So why not move him to the SG if u had a big PG who could defend the SG's.

But in this era, those kind of guards STAYED at the PG. Steph and Westbrook are so epic that it doesn't bother me at all. But some of the other score first PG's lack the floor generalship, assist numbers, or dominance of Steph, Russ, or Lillard. Reg is a very good player, but the Pistons simply need to keep adding pieces.

The issue that I have with Reggie Jackson is not that he's a score first, it's that he hangs on to the ball way too long and stunts the offense. It's like every possession he is looking to take a gamble. What makes the elite score first PGs elite is that they waste no time and they look to score unless contested. They don't waste time hanging on to the ball. It's one move and or shoot. If Jackson committed to one thing he would be effective. He pairs well with Drummond, he doesn't make his other teammates better.

Nick Young
04-23-2016, 09:45 PM
Another small-SG trying to play PG. The league is full of them.
So a Tyreke Evans, so to speak.

bizil
04-24-2016, 06:14 AM
The issue that I have with Reggie Jackson is not that he's a score first, it's that he hangs on to the ball way too long and stunts the offense. It's like every possession he is looking to take a gamble. What makes the elite score first PGs elite is that they waste no time and they look to score unless contested. They don't waste time hanging on to the ball. It's one move and or shoot. If Jackson committed to one thing he would be effective. He pairs well with Drummond, he doesn't make his other teammates better.

When I say a score first PG, Im not dissing ANYBODY!! I'm just stating the way guys play the position. When it comes to Reg, he's CLEARLY not on the level of a Steph, Russ, or Lillard. The problems u bring up is an issue that happens with certain score first PG's. Not just in this era, but ANY ERA!! That's why some of them moved to the SG. OR they would come off the bench.

MiseryCityTexas
04-24-2016, 10:23 AM
He's a good scorer and ball handler, but plays too much hero ball. The team is loaded with scorers. If they had more movement in the half court they could be even more deadly. Instead it's Reggie Jackson dribbling for 15 seconds then making a last second decision.

#FreeKCP
# Free Harris
#FreeMorris

So he's basically just Steve Francis without the athleticism.

hold this L
04-24-2016, 01:14 PM
Best thing about the playoffs for the Pistons is experience but also KCP playing like a fccking stud! :pimp: Might end up having a breakout year next year.

Also fck hero ball RJ. I wish they would be able to find a PG that knew how to pass and instantly trade them with this idiot. :facepalm

KiiiiNG
04-24-2016, 01:15 PM
So a Tyreke Evans, so to speak.
Tyreke Evans is 6'6 :facepalm

So no.

MiseryCityTexas
04-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Best thing about the playoffs for the Pistons is experience but also KCP playing like a fccking stud! :pimp: Might end up having a breakout year next year.

Also fck hero ball RJ. I wish they would be able to find a PG that knew how to pass and instantly trade them with this idiot. :facepalm

Caldwell-Pope has had a solid year this season though.

hateraid
04-24-2016, 10:16 PM
When I say a score first PG, Im not dissing ANYBODY!! I'm just stating the way guys play the position. When it comes to Reg, he's CLEARLY not on the level of a Steph, Russ, or Lillard. The problems u bring up is an issue that happens with certain score first PG's. Not just in this era, but ANY ERA!! That's why some of them moved to the SG. OR they would come off the bench.
What are you getting worked up about? I wasn't putting down score first point gaurds. I was just pointing out the difference between Reggie Jackson and good score first PG's :confusedshrug: