PDA

View Full Version : Young Sarunas Jasikevicius in the Modern NBA: What kind of player is he?

IGOTGAME
04-22-2016, 11:47 PM
Here are some highlights of the Lithuanian point guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P57Sbsha690

Achilleas
04-23-2016, 02:29 AM
he was high iq player and one of the best passers,he would have been like nash,good shooter and excellent passer but slow and bad defender

Reggie43
04-23-2016, 04:17 AM
Did he get injured before coming to the Nba? Thought he would be atleast an above average starter with all the hype.

SteveNashMVPcro
04-23-2016, 06:46 AM
Poor man's Nash, still pretty good tho. If put on the right team, a top 10 PG in thr league

EDIT: He'd be around as good as prime Calderon, maybe a bit better

Lebron23
04-23-2016, 06:53 AM
Prime Calderon level. Goran Dragic is just a better NBA player than him.

SteveNashMVPcro
04-23-2016, 06:57 AM
Prime Calderon level. Goran Dragic is just a better NBA player than him.
Hard to say, Dragic is more of a combo guard,

the mesiah
04-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Ill take Raimondas

Euroleague
04-28-2016, 06:06 PM
The level of idiocy in this forum is truly mind boggling. Jasikevicius was miles and miles a superior player to Jose Calderon. Even on defense, he was 3 times better than Calderon.

Good God, this is the lowest IQ sports forum in the world.

Lebron23
04-28-2016, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=the mesiah]Ill take Raimondas

SexSymbol
04-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Jasikevicius would probably win a few assist titles along his way.
Man really knew how to run an offense and knew how to shoot lights out.
Prime/peak Steve Nash is a good comparison

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Probably a 3rd stringer bench scrub on the Bucks.

90sgoat
04-28-2016, 06:30 PM
I only watched Sarunas in Barcelona, they had a great team then and Sarunas was their leader.

I do think guards look worse in Europe in general than they do in current NBA, mostly because FIBA ball then usually had to similar 'guards' with no clear distinction between either guard spot, no point guard, no shooting guard but two combo guards who would shoot 3s, penetrate and particularly then drive and kick .... which does sound awfully familiar to modern NBA? The current league is basically 90s Euroleague ball.

I remember Sarunas as a leader, physically strong as a guard, not that quick, but high IQ, always making good decisions.

I think he would play much like Dragic, but better.

Euroleague
04-28-2016, 07:46 PM
I only watched Sarunas in Barcelona, they had a great team then and Sarunas was their leader.

I do think guards look worse in Europe in general than they do in current NBA, mostly because FIBA ball then usually had to similar 'guards' with no clear distinction between either guard spot, no point guard, no shooting guard but two combo guards who would shoot 3s, penetrate and particularly then drive and kick .... which does sound awfully familiar to modern NBA? The current league is basically 90s Euroleague ball.

I remember Sarunas as a leader, physically strong as a guard, not that quick, but high IQ, always making good decisions.

I think he would play much like Dragic, but better.

Prime Jasikevicius was way better than Dragic.

However, I disagree with your statement that Jasikevicius was the leader of Barca. I remember that team quite well, and Bodiroga was definitely the leader of that team.

Jasikevicius was the leader in Maccabi and Lithuanian national team though. Which is sad, because 99% of NBA fans claim the outright lie that Anthony Parker was the leader of Maccabi. Which is both untrue and also totally ridiculous.

90sgoat
04-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Prime Jasikevicius was way better than Dragic.

However, I disagree with your statement that Jasikevicius was the leader of Barca. I remember that team quite well, and Bodiroga was definitely the leader of that team.

Jasikevicius was the leader in Maccabi and Lithuanian national team though. Which is sad, because 99% of NBA fans claim the outright lie that Anthony Parker was the leader of Maccabi. Which is both untrue and also totally ridiculous.

Ah yes, Bodiroga, he was a SF of sorts right? I remember the name and game. They also had this 7 foot 'point guard' who so skinny, today he could probably play in the NBA considering Durant.

Euroleague
04-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Ah yes, Bodiroga, he was a SF of sorts right? I remember the name and game. They also had this 7 foot 'point guard' who so skinny, today he could probably play in the NBA considering Durant.

Do you mean this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6REFuAtUw

selrahc
04-28-2016, 09:04 PM
jasikevicius was always a scrub that was nothing more than a jeremy lin type player in europe. he came to america and sucked dick. he woudlnt even be able to make an nba squad if he were to come into the league now.