PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard 32 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 steals, 6 threes, 0 TOs

Alamо
04-23-2016, 02:03 AM
Historic statline. No NBA player in history has ever put up 6 threes, 5 blocks, and 4 steals in a single game

32 points
7 rebounds
6 threes
5 blocks
4 steals
0 turnovers

daggers

https://media.giphy.com/media/U3ddYiaCsXuVi/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/10I3BQeJcohikE/giphy.gif

keep-itreal
04-23-2016, 02:04 AM
against the depleted Grizzlies :roll:

MP.Trey
04-23-2016, 02:06 AM
That's an amazing statline.

KiiiiNG
04-23-2016, 02:08 AM
Must be getting a ton of open looks from 3. In this era even bums like Kawhi can go off like this when you pass the ball efficiently.

Lebronxrings
04-23-2016, 02:09 AM
pop system

CarlosBoozer
04-23-2016, 02:15 AM
Who?

Cocaine80s
04-23-2016, 02:17 AM
Lets hope this choker can do this vs the Warriors

GrapeApe
04-23-2016, 02:28 AM
The statline thing is arbitrary, but Leonard is a beast. His development has been amazing. I never expected him to become such a great all-around player. He's basically Pippen with worse playmaking but better shooting.

Nick Young
04-23-2016, 02:29 AM
The statline thing is arbitrary, but Leonard is a beast. His development has been amazing. I never expected him to become such a great all-around player. He's basically Pippen with worse playmaking but better shooting.
also he is clutch and Pippen was a famous choke artist.

Smoke117
04-23-2016, 02:37 AM

That's bullshit that MJ stans want you to believe...Pippen made many big clutch defensive plays and shots during his career. You probably aren't old enough to have watched Pippen in his prime...and besides...you're an idiot whose opinion is worthless.

keep-itreal
04-23-2016, 02:39 AM

so clutch he disappeared in the Clippers series

Spurs m8
04-23-2016, 03:16 AM
There's a few shook users in this thread tbh

Im Still Ballin
04-23-2016, 03:17 AM
Roger: Motherbase, we have a tango in sights. OP identified... BuffaloBill is on the list. Permission to take tango out: GRANTED.

DoctorP
04-23-2016, 03:27 AM

Hmm. Still not Pippen.

inclinerator
04-23-2016, 03:32 AM
i dont think kawhi leonard is capable of scoring over 33 points

Smoke117
04-23-2016, 03:36 AM
Hmm. Still not Pippen.

They shouldn't even be compared...not every defensive SF who can score is a Scottie Pippen. The playmaking and passing is night and day...Scottie was a guy who could legit play pg AND DID for the Blazers. Leonard has 88 assists total for his career in the playoffs...Scottie has more assists than that in 5 playoff runs. As scorers, they are nothing alike as far as what they want to do either.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-23-2016, 04:24 AM
Leonard has 88 assists total for his career in the playoffs...Scottie has more assists than that in 5 playoff runs.

I like you, I think you're a funny poster and all, but are you mentally ill? Leonard has played 5 seasons total so far for his career, including this one... and it's the first round. No shit Pippen has more assists than he does. Not that I think Leonard is as good of a play-maker as Pippen is or anything.

Also, I think this is a bit of an unfair argument anyway since Kawhi is not asked to run the offense like Pippen was. Like I said, I'm not saying he's as good as Pippen in the play-making area, but I'm sure he'd average more assists than he does now if he was the one running the offense instead of Parker.

oarabbus
04-23-2016, 04:26 AM
Damn epic statline. I'd really like to hear some thoughtful legit arguments from someone who thinks Pippen is a no brainer over Leonard

Smoke117
04-23-2016, 04:28 AM
I like you, I think you're a funny poster and all, but are you mentally ill? Leonard has played 5 seasons total so far for his career, including this one... and it's the first round. No shit Pippen has more assists than he does. Not that I think Leonard is as good of a play-maker as Pippen is or anything.

Also, I think this is a bit of an unfair argument anyway since Kawhi is not asked to run the offense like Pippen was. Like I said, I'm not saying he's as good as Pippen in the play-making area, but I'm sure he'd average more assists than he does now if he was the one running the offense instead of Parker.

Wait what...I said Pippen has more assists in five playoff RUNS (separate seasons) than Leonard does total for his playoff career. And yeah it's early in this playoffs...and Leonard is averaging a whopping 0.7apg. And there's a reason why Kawhi isn't asked to run a team like Pippen...HE CAN'T.

swagga
04-23-2016, 04:30 AM

how is kobe doing? I heard he gonna go into broadcasting.

Kawhi
04-23-2016, 04:32 AM
What a player.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Wait what...I said Pippen has more assists in five playoff RUNS (separate seasons) than Leonard does total for his playoff career. And yeah it's early in this playoffs...and Leonard is averaging a whopping 0.7apg. And there's a reason why Kawhi isn't asked to run a team like Pippen...HE CAN'T.

And I just told you that Leonard has only had 5 play off runs so far (including this one), so I really don't understand the point you're trying to make here. Pippen averaged more assists, the ball was in his hands more. Kawhi is more comparable to Jordan there than Pippen as he's the off-ball #1 option while Pippen was more of the on-ball #2.

We haven't seen the offense run through Kawhi yet like that, and no, I don't think it's because he can't. It's because why? We don't need to ask him to run the offense on top of him being the #1 scoring option as well as our best defender. That's a huge workload and it goes against our/Pop's philosophy of working as a team within a system.

I'm sure if Leonard was surrounded by garbage the offense could flow through him like it did Duncan back in the day, but there's no reason to do that when we have capable play-makers to take the pressure off of Leonard. Like 3ball says, turning teammates into play-makers rather than play-finishers is conducive to winning basketball.

TiagoSimoes
04-23-2016, 11:07 AM
And I just told you that Leonard has only had 5 play off runs so far (including this one), so I really don't understand the point you're trying to make here. Pippen averaged more assists, the ball was in his hands more. Kawhi is more comparable to Jordan there than Pippen as he's the off-ball #1 option while Pippen was more of the on-ball #2.

We haven't seen the offense run through Kawhi yet like that, and no, I don't think it's because he can't. It's because why? We don't need to ask him to run the offense on top of him being the #1 scoring option as well as our best defender. That's a huge workload and it goes against our/Pop's philosophy of working as a team within a system.

I'm sure if Leonard was surrounded by garbage the offense could flow through him like it did Duncan back in the day, but there's no reason to do that when we have capable play-makers to take the pressure off of Leonard. Like 3ball says, turning teammates into play-makers rather than play-finishers is conducive to winning basketball.

Are u actually trying to defend kawhi's playmaking vs pippens? because pippen is at worst a top 3 playmaking SF(with lebron and bird). Kawhi is so far from that level, there are many SF in the league that are far better with the ball in their hands than kawhi(in terms of playmaking and creating for others). Actually id say thats kawhi's biggest if not only flaw.

PerfectCell
04-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Zach Randolph called him a top 2 NBA player

ImKobe
04-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Hmm. Still not Pippen.

Hard to compare head to head but Kawhi is the better shooter and can carry a team on both ends to win championships...2014 Finals is a proof of that.

Prime_Shaq
04-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Fantastic player :applause:

Alamо
04-23-2016, 11:54 AM
First player to ever get 5 blocks and hit 5 threes in a playoff game.

Best two player in the league by far.

bdreason
04-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Against the mighty Grizzly. :applause:

jlip
04-23-2016, 12:42 PM
When did we start counting the number of 3-pointers made as a stat separate from total points?

GabeIsGone
04-23-2016, 02:15 PM
When did we start counting the number of 3-pointers made as a stat separate from total points?

Since players have started hitting an ungodly amount of them. I don't think there was a reason to track (or at least pay attention to) this before, but now players in this era are using the three as never before.

hold this L
04-23-2016, 02:33 PM
It's a fantastic game vs a team that went 1-9 in the regular season before the playoffs but historic? :lol

Living Being
04-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Exactly, like it contributed something beyond those 3 points. Might as well start tracking how many times a player bounces the ball.

Smoke117
04-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Hard to compare head to head but Kawhi is the better shooter and can carry a team on both ends to win championships...2014 Finals is a proof of that.

How is the 2014 finals proof of anything? Kawhi didn't carry jack shit in that finals especially offensively. You can say he was the best defensive player for them but he didn't CARRY their defense. He was the best player on a very balanced team.

I'd agree Kawhi is a better shooter, but Pippen is much, much better off the dribble and in the post. Not to mention that Scottie actually played in an era where you could actually play defense...his scoring numbers would be higher just like all the other 90s perimeter stars would be if they played now.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-23-2016, 06:41 PM
How is the 2014 finals proof of anything? Kawhi didn't carry jack shit in that finals especially offensively. You can say he was the best defensive player for them but he didn't CARRY their defense. He was the best player on a very balanced team.

I'd agree Kawhi is a better shooter, but Pippen is much, much better off the dribble and in the post. Not to mention that Scottie actually played in an era where you could actually play defense...his scoring numbers would be higher just like all the other 90s perimeter stars would be if they played now.

Kawhi is pretty damn good in the post and off the dribble, but I can concede the second point possibly. I just don't think you've watched very much Kiwi. You're probably letting his stats fool you a bit, they are disingenuous and deceiving. Leonard is a lot better of an offensive player than you think he is. Pop rests and benches him a lot in 4th quarters similar to Curry. He's only 24 as well.

To put it into perspective, Leonard played over 5 minutes less than Pippen in their 5th seasons while scoring more on fewer FGA's. And this was all while Pippen was 26 and Leonard is 24. Leonard still has a few more seasons to get closer to his peak while Pippen was already pretty much playing at his absolute best already. Give it some time. He can still develop his play-making more and he's a hard worker, so I don't see any reason why he can't become better in that area.

Alamо
05-01-2016, 02:29 AM
against the depleted Grizzlies :roll:

How about the Thunder?

3ball
05-01-2016, 02:41 AM
32 points
7 rebounds
6 threes
5 blocks
4 steals
0 turnovers

New fans and pundits of the game brag about Curry's points-per-shot, but points-per-possession (ORtg) is more important and Kawhi's lower turnovers allowed him to generate more points-per-possession for his career than Curry.

This is similar to MJ and Curry.. Curry is more efficient on a per SHOT basis, but MJ is more efficient on a per POSSESSION basis, primarily due to his lower turnovers (but also due to his superior midrange (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11713011&postcount=43) efficiency partially offsets Curry's 3-point efficiency).

Jordan's superior per possession efficiency is remarkable considering he carries a larger load (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12305579&postcount=18) than Curry on both sides of the ball).

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-30-2015/jkrR_v.gif

Curry spaces the floor

Kawhi and Jordan space the floor more - when a dangerous rim attacker is on the floor, ALL defenders must cheat off their man (see isiah thomas above), which leaves 3-point shooters and other teammates more open than otherwise.. This is basketball 101.

Otoh, 3-point shooters only cause a single defender to hug them on the perimeter, which doesn't do shit BY ITSELF - it takes the entire Warrior team shooting 3-pointers TOGETHER to provide floor-spacing.

Essentially, 3-point shooters need teammates to help them space the floor, whereas a single rim attacker frees up teammates for open shots all by themselves, by forcing the entire defense to cheat off their man.

Nick Young
05-01-2016, 04:30 AM
That's bullshit that MJ stans want you to believe...Pippen made many big clutch defensive plays and shots during his career. You probably aren't old enough to have watched Pippen in his prime...and besides...you're an idiot whose opinion is worthless.
I watched a lot of Pippen he was a famous choker. He choked on the Bulls Mj always had to bail him out and he'd always miss clutch freethrows, and he choked on the Blazers when he tried to do it on his own.

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2016, 05:40 AM

OP loves to do that

keep-itreal
05-01-2016, 05:50 AM
Steph Curry effect:bowdown: :bowdown:

Boogey
05-01-2016, 05:56 AM
New fans and pundits of the game brag about Curry's points-per-shot, but points-per-possession (ORtg) is more important and Kawhi's lower turnovers allowed him to generate more points-per-possession for his career than Curry.

This is similar to MJ and Curry.. Curry is more efficient on a per SHOT basis, but MJ is more efficient on a per POSSESSION basis, primarily due to his lower turnovers (but also due to his superior midrange (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11713011&postcount=43) efficiency partially offsets Curry's 3-point efficiency).

Jordan's superior per possession efficiency is remarkable considering he carries a larger load (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12305579&postcount=18) than Curry on both sides of the ball).

Kawhi and Jordan space the floor more - when a dangerous rim attacker is on the floor, ALL defenders must cheat off their man (see isiah thomas above), which leaves 3-point shooters and other teammates more open than otherwise.. This is basketball 101.

Otoh, 3-point shooters only cause a single defender to hug them on the perimeter, which doesn't do shit BY ITSELF - it takes the entire Warrior team shooting 3-pointers TOGETHER to provide floor-spacing.

Essentially, 3-point shooters need teammates to help them space the floor, whereas a single rim attacker frees up teammates for open shots all by themselves, by forcing the entire defense to cheat off their man.
."Kawhi and Jordan space the floor more" YOO stfu

ImKobe
05-01-2016, 05:59 AM
37.7 PER 71%TS through his first 5 Playoff games this year
Aldridge 28.4 PER 64%TS

pauk
05-01-2016, 07:00 AM
Damn epic statline. I'd really like to hear some thoughtful legit arguments from someone who thinks Pippen is a no brainer over Leonard

*Pippen was an even better defender (more versatile).

*Pippen was an even better rebounder.

*Pippen was a much better passer.

and last but not least:

*Pippen had a more versatile scoring arsenal / more ways of creating for himself thanks to mostly the better ballhandling, footwork, post moves.... he wasnt just a "scoring only within the flow of the offense" guy like Kawhi is, he could have averaged more / done more / took more shots if he was in Leonards situation but he worked in the shadows of the GOAT shot hoister....
His career high is 47 (yes, Jordan played that game), Leonards is 33
He has 5 40 point games, Leonard has 0
He has 55 30+ point games, Leonard has 3
There is a reason Kawhi is not capable of scoring more, infact this 32 points he had was 1 point short of his career high.

Pippen did everything better.... except for something like 3pt%... he was Lebron lite (but with GOAT defense from the SF position)...

It is a no-brainer...

bobopenguin
05-01-2016, 07:04 AM

and last but not least:

*Pippen had a more versatile scoring arsenal / more ways of creating for himself thanks to mostly the better ballhandling, footwork, post moves.... he wasnt just a "scoring only within the flow of the offense" guy like Kawhi is, he could have averaged more / done more / took more shots if he was in Leonards situation but he worked in the shadows of the GOAT shot hoister....
There is a reason Kawhi is not capable of scoring more, infact this 32 points he had was 1 point short of his career high.

Pippen did everything better.... except for something like 3pt%... he was Lebron lite (but with GOAT defense from the SF position)...

It is a no-brainer...

taking a break from editing jordan flopping compilation video?:oldlol:

3ball
05-01-2016, 12:28 PM
:rolleyes:

3ball
05-01-2016, 12:29 PM
taking a break from editing jordan flopping compilation video?:oldlol:
:roll:

3ball
05-01-2016, 12:29 PM
"Kawhi and Jordan space the floor more" YOO stfu

When a dangerous rim attacker is on the floor, ALL defenders must cheat off their man to protect the lane, which leaves 3-point shooters and other teammates more open than otherwise.. This is basketball 101.

Paul George 24
05-01-2016, 12:45 PM

and last but not least:

It is a no-brainer...
PIPPEN FT% :banana: