PDA

View Full Version : Cavs would be a better team with Kawhi instead of Lebron

Dr Hawk
04-23-2016, 08:30 AM
They would have a Top5 defense and a Top 3 offense, plus better spacing. Love would have more freedom to do his thing (26.1/12.5/4.4 on .591 TS%). Better ball movement

Lebron23
04-23-2016, 08:37 AM
They would have a Top5 defense and a Top 3 offense, plus better spacing. Love would have more freedom to do his thing (26.1/12.5/4.4 on .591 TS%). Better ball movement

Can you please stop posting in this forum?

aj1987
04-23-2016, 08:38 AM
:roll:

Yeah, get rid of their best playmaker and scorer and add a worse one.

Dr Hawk
04-23-2016, 08:45 AM

Lebron ball completely freezes ball-movement. He is a worse playmaker than he thinks he is, and that hurts his team.

nba_55
04-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Lebron ball completely freezes ball-movement. He is a worse playmaker than he thinks he is, and that hurts his team.
Why are they 4-13 without him?

pauk
04-23-2016, 08:51 AM
1 guys great perimeter defense doesnt make 11 weak/weaker defenders greater defensively due to his sheer presence causing them to play top 3 defense collectively nor does his 7 to 21 ppg with 1-2 apg account for offense needed for them to be top 5....

7-21 pts + 1-2 asts(2-4 pts) accounts for 9-25 pts on the boxscore compared to 27 pts + 8 asts(16-24 pts) which accounts for 43-51 pts on the boxscore... that means 34 points less than they average today for Cavs which would instead mean no playoff appearance... better yet a top 5 offense....

But yes the ball movement would be better... they would be moving it in the D-league tho...

Dr Hawk
04-23-2016, 08:52 AM
Why are they 4-13 without him?

Bad streaks happen mate

nba_55
04-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Bad streaks happen mate
Weak answer, you failed the test.

/thread

Lebron23
04-23-2016, 09:01 AM
Weak answer, you failed the test.

/thread

This

He failed the test. The Givens Test.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/xxx-thumb-12-16.jpg

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-23-2016, 09:12 AM

Youre adding a much better spacer, shooter, offball player and defender. Cavs dont need scoring with Kyrie/Love.

Cavs are a top 3 offense so i dont see them being top 3 with Kawhi b/c Brans still a bit better offensively.

But defensively theyd be top 3 at worst. And like top 5-6 on O

LBJFTW
04-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Big bran fan here but lets face it. He's not a winner and his 2/6 record proves this. Kawhi would be a much better fit on this Cavs team.

nba_55
04-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Youre adding a much better spacer, shooter, offball player and defender. Cavs dont need scoring with Kyrie/Love.

Cavs are a top 3 offense so i dont see them being top 3 with Kawhi b/c Brans still a bit better offensively.

But defensively theyd be top 3 at worst. And like top 5-6 on O

they need a playmaker (as shown with their record without Lebron), kawhi is not a good playmaker.

golden24boy
04-23-2016, 10:04 AM

:applause: :applause:

LBJFTW
04-23-2016, 10:04 AM
they need a playmaker (as shown with their record without Lebron), kawhi is not a good playmaker.

Bron isn't a playmaker either. All he does is lower his shoulder and bulldoze his way to the basket or dribble the ball for an eternity and give it to a guy who is out of rhythm with 3 seconds left on the clock. It's shit basketball and that's why he's gonna be 2/7. That shit doesn't work in the finals.

raprap
04-23-2016, 10:09 AM

nba_55
04-23-2016, 10:12 AM
Bron isn't a playmaker either. All he does is lower his shoulder and bulldoze his way to the basket or dribble the ball for an eternity and give it to a guy who is out of rhythm with 3 seconds left on the clock. It's shit basketball and that's why he's gonna be 2/7. That shit doesn't work in the finals.
Find someone else to troll. I don't have time for that.

Bye.

feyki
04-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Of course , Kawhi playing better and he's a better team player by far .

tpols
04-23-2016, 10:52 AM
yea the spacing would be light years better .. detroits basically been daring bron to shoot them (which hes been hitting but lets see about the later rounds)

Meticode
04-23-2016, 11:03 AM
Test failed and OP runs.

Gileraracer
04-23-2016, 12:41 PM
Lebron makes his teammates worse, everyone knows this by now. That's why he needs rosters that stacked

Rocketswin2013
04-23-2016, 12:46 PM
yawn

KG215
04-23-2016, 12:48 PM
1 guys great perimeter defense doesnt make 11 weak/weaker defenders greater defensively due to his sheer presence causing them to play top 3 defense collectively nor does his 7 to 21 ppg with 1-2 apg account for offense needed for them to be top 5....

7-21 pts + 1-2 asts(2-4 pts) accounts for 9-25 pts on the boxscore compared to 27 pts + 8 asts(16-24 pts) which accounts for 43-51 pts on the boxscore... that means 34 points less than they average today for Cavs which would instead mean no playoff appearance... better yet a top 5 offense....

But yes the ball movement would be better... they would be moving it in the D-league tho...
Where did you get 7-21 PPG? Why such a wide range? Are you talking about Leonard? He averaged 7.9 PPG his rookie year and 21.2 PPG this year, so I'm assuming that's who you're talking about.

This is such typical pauk BS to prop up LeBron and denigrate another player. Leonard isn't a 7 PPG scorer anymore. That's what he did his rookie season. He averaged 11.9 his second season, 12.8 his third season, 16.5 last season, and 21.2 this season. I'm pretty sure OP (no matter how stupid this thread may be) wasn't talking about replacing LeBron with rookie Kawhi...or second, third, or fourth year Kawhi. He was talking about 21 PPG Leonard.

So why try to calculate "points responsible for" by including Leonard's rookie season scoring average? It's misleading and disingenuous. It's funny, because you don't even give Leonard the benefit of the dobut by using his career scoring average of 14.3 PPG. Yet, for LeBron, instead of using his scoring average this season of 25 PPG, you use his career scoring average of 27 PPG. You're no different, really, than Griff who used to always very generously round up Kobe's averages and generously round down the averages of players he was comparing Kobe to.

Same thing with the assists. LeBron is clearly a better playmaker than Kawhi but you can't just assume that LeBron's 43-51 points responsible for per game compared to Leonard's 9-25 points responsible for per game would automatically = 34 fewer points for the Cavs. LeBron's a better playmaker, and the Cavs ball movement is already better, but with Leonard, Kyrie and Love would touch/handle the ball more and their scoring numbers would increase.

Are you really saying the Cavs wouldn't make the playoffs if they replaced LeBron with Kawhi? I really hope this post was you just trying to provide a sarcastic response to a dumb thread and not an attempt to be serious.

KiiiiNG
04-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Spurs without Kawhi are still championship contenders

Cavs without LeBron are number 1 lottery pick contenders

Cavs with Kawhi instead of LeBron don't make it past the second round.

Spurs with LeBron instead of Kawhi easily win the title every year

^ facts

LBJFTW
04-23-2016, 01:12 PM
Find someone else to troll. I don't have time for that.

Bye.

2/7 is happening whether or have time for it or not.

Thread bookmarked.

SuperCereal
04-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Where did you get 7-21 PPG? Why such a wide range? Are you talking about Leonard? He averaged 7.9 PPG his rookie year and 21.2 PPG this year, so I'm assuming that's who you're talking about.

This is such typical pauk BS to prop up LeBron and denigrate another player. Leonard isn't a 7 PPG scorer anymore. That's what he did his rookie season. He averaged 11.9 his second season, 12.8 his third season, 16.5 last season, and 21.2 this season. I'm pretty sure OP (no matter how stupid this thread may be) wasn't talking about replacing LeBron with rookie Kawhi...or second, third, or fourth year Kawhi. He was talking about 21 PPG Leonard.

So why try to calculate "points responsible for" by including Leonard's rookie season scoring average? It's misleading and disingenuous. It's funny, because you don't even give Leonard the benefit of the dobut by using his career scoring average of 14.3 PPG. Yet, for LeBron, instead of using his scoring average this season of 25 PPG, you use his career scoring average of 27 PPG. You're no different, really, than Griff who used to always very generously round up Kobe's averages and generously round down the averages of players he was comparing Kobe to.

Same thing with the assists. LeBron is clearly a better playmaker than Kawhi but you can't just assume that LeBron's 43-51 points responsible for per game compared to Leonard's 9-25 points responsible for per game would automatically = 34 fewer points for the Cavs. LeBron's a better playmaker, and the Cavs ball movement is already better, but with Leonard, Kyrie and Love would touch/handle the ball more and their scoring numbers would increase.

Are you really saying the Cavs wouldn't make the playoffs if they replaced LeBron with Kawhi? I really hope this post was you just trying to provide a sarcastic response to a dumb thread and not an attempt to be serious.
:applause:

ballinhun8
04-23-2016, 01:39 PM

^ facts

^ idiot

Lebronxrings
04-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Lebron is better than kawhi in every part of the game.

Dr Hawk
04-23-2016, 01:46 PM
Lebron is better than kawhi in every part of the game.

Kawhi is the better defender
Kawhi is the better shooter
Kawhi has the better off-ball game

sd3035
04-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Obviously the Cavs would be much better. They'd probably break the 73-9 record, especially in the weak east

BeastMode24
04-23-2016, 02:46 PM
of course they would you think spacing is great now? imagine adding one of the best 3 point shooters in the league to that lineup. defense would also improve tremendouly. also kawhi doesn't hog the ball so kyrie and love would excel.

stalkerforlife
04-23-2016, 02:47 PM
I think they'd be better with Leonard also because they would've kept Blatt.

Lue has no clue and is just a figurehead.

But Blatt is a mastermind and that ball would be swinging like it does in GS or SA.

SpaceJam
04-23-2016, 02:51 PM

^ facts

that word, I don't think it means what you think it means...

:facepalm

Lebronxrings
04-23-2016, 02:57 PM
Kawhi is the better defender
Kawhi is the better shooter
Kawhi has the better off-ball game
i might give you shooter, but the rest...
:lol :roll:

G0ATbe
04-23-2016, 03:00 PM
No shit. Kawhi is one of the greatest 2 way players ever. LeBald is....LeBald. Constantly getting lost on defense and cancerous to offensive systems.

Mike smith
04-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Tbh Lebron might be the best passer in the nba his basketball iq is amazing

Bankaii
04-23-2016, 04:18 PM
This forum is full of dipshits obsessed with Lebron.

Quit pretending like Kahwi is some elite 3 pt shooter, all of his 3s are wide open due to the Spurs ball movement. That's like saying Steve Nash is a better shooter than Ray Allen because his 3pt% is higher. When in fact that's only because Nash only took wide open 3s.

Kahwi can't create for himself on a consistent basis, is no where in the same stratosphere as Bron in terms of playmaking, and needs the Spurs system to have a true impact on the game.

And adding the best perimeter defender won't make a defense top 5 dipshit. Especially when your post defense as a team is shit. The only positions that can completely change a defense is PF/C.

Dr Hawk is such a shit poster, no real substance whatsoever.

Mike smith
04-23-2016, 04:22 PM
This forum is full of dipshits obsessed with Lebron.

Quit pretending like Kahwi is some elite 3 pt shooter, all of his 3s are wide open due to the Spurs ball movement. That's like saying Steve Nash is a better shooter than Ray Allen because his 3pt% is higher. When in fact that's only because Nash only took wide open 3s.

Kahwi can't create for himself on a consistent basis, is no where in the same stratosphere as Bron in terms of playmaking, and needs the Spurs system to have a true impact on the game.

And adding the best perimeter defender won't make a defense top 5 dipshit. Especially when your post defense as a team is shit. The only positions that can completely change a defense is PF/C.

Dr Hawk is such a shit poster, no real substance whatsoever.
I don't agree with your part that kawhi can't create his own shot. If you watch Spurs game you'll realize that they iso kawhi a lot more now then they used to and there offense has changed from two years ago they have more iso now for kawhi and lamarcus.

Bankaii
04-23-2016, 04:41 PM
I don't agree with your part that kawhi can't create his own shot. If you watch Spurs game you'll realize that they iso kawhi a lot more now then they used to and there offense has changed from two years ago they have more iso now for kawhi and lamarcus.
I didn't say he couldn't create his own shot. I said he can't create his own shot on as consistent of a basis as Lebron can.
Especially not having the Spurs offense system and spacing, but rather the Cavs iso ball 24/7.
Lebron is able to create his own shot because people fear his playmaking. Kahwi doesn't have that and without Pop's system he wouldn't be nearly as effective offensively or defensively.

GrapeApe
04-23-2016, 05:14 PM
i might give you shooter, but the rest...
:lol :roll:

Leonard is the reigning 2x DPOY and the consensus best perimeter defender in the league. He obviously has the edge over Lebron defensively. I'm not sure why you'd even try to argue otherwise.

In terms of their off-ball play, do you even know what off-ball means? I don't think you do, because nobody who did would call Lebron a better off-ball player than Leonard. Lebron is and has always been a primary ball handler. In contrast, Leonard does most of his damage off the ball.

Smoke117
04-23-2016, 05:20 PM

The stupidity of this board never ceases to amaze me, aj. The cavs get better with Leonard...:facepalm

SwishSquared
04-23-2016, 05:23 PM
Only way they get better is if Pop replaces Lue, too. LBJ hides a lot of Cleveland's weaknesses with his distributing. Leonard is a top 5 player, perhaps top 3, but he couldn't replace LeBron's playmaking on this version of the Cavs. He would however make their perimeter D filthy and bring more consistent spacing to the starting lineup.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2016, 01:13 PM

riseagainst
06-29-2016, 01:14 PM

Im Still Ballin
06-29-2016, 01:15 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/roll.gif

Dray n Klay
06-29-2016, 01:16 PM
OP might be the dumbest poster on this site.

And that's saying something considering Jabbar still occasionally posts here. :oldlol:

Orlando Magic
06-29-2016, 01:16 PM

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2016, 01:17 PM
I think they'd be better with Leonard also because they would've kept Blatt.

Lue has no clue and is just a figurehead.

But Blatt is a mastermind and that ball would be swinging like it does in GS or SA.
Look at this dumb****s post too :roll:

It's a shame that this idiot reproduced

Hoopz2332
06-29-2016, 01:20 PM
:oldlol:

Orlando Magic
06-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Look at this dumb****s post too :roll:

It's a shame that this idiot reproduced

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003175653949

https://m.facebook.com/angela.dail.1

kshutts1
06-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Something crazy about how good Lebron is at basketball? Kawhi is legit one of the ten best players in the league... but he's honestly nowhere near the complete player Lebron is.

Whoever said, on page 3, that Kawhi is a top 3-5 player in the league made me realize that point. Kawhi very well may be that good... he's a great, great player. But compared to Lebron? Nope. That's just the difference between a historical talent and "just" a perennial all-star talent.

Nilocon165
06-29-2016, 01:28 PM

Wow I was actually legit concerned that he committed suicide

riseagainst
06-29-2016, 01:48 PM

:biggums:

Rocketswin2013
06-29-2016, 04:09 PM
This was a generic idiotic shitpost then but its just funny now.

Hey Yo
06-29-2016, 04:23 PM
2/7 is happening whether or have time for it or not.

Thread bookmarked.
Wonder if Straight_Altin' still has this bookmarked?

Lebron23
06-29-2016, 09:23 PM
Wonder if Straight_Altin' still has this bookmarked?

Dude is a dumb @$$. Arguably the worst poster in this forum.

RedBlackAttack
06-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Something crazy about how good Lebron is at basketball? Kawhi is legit one of the ten best players in the league... but he's honestly nowhere near the complete player Lebron is.

Whoever said, on page 3, that Kawhi is a top 3-5 player in the league made me realize that point. Kawhi very well may be that good... he's a great, great player. But compared to Lebron? Nope. That's just the difference between a historical talent and "just" a perennial all-star talent.
And this point was never more evident than in these playoffs. You saw a lot of really good and even great players competing at the highest level. And then there was LeBron James, who impacts almost every single second of every single game that he plays.

That's what makes him one of the 10 best players to ever live. And climbing.

Kawhi isn't close and likely never will be.

Lebron23
06-29-2016, 09:51 PM
LeBron have more Finals MVP than Kawhi, Curry, and Iguodala combined.